Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 02:46 PM   #1
Stazon Splitcoast

Default NOVEMBER MINI VSN - Master Challenge Thread

IT'S GIRLS NIGHT OUT

MINI VSN

NOVEMBER 10 - NOVEMBER 24, 2007

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-10-2007, 03:01 PM   #2
Stazon Splitcoast

Default JAN08VSNMINI5 ~~Totally Tubular Color~~ Chat Thread

Title: Totally tubular color
Hostess: Michelle/eliotstamps
Keyword: JAN08VSNMINI5
Time: November 10th, 7:00 PM EST

Find the Chat Thread for this challenge here: http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=299846
Check out the gallery for this challenge HERE

One of my other favorite things about Girls' Night Out is getting all dolled up for a night on the town, trying new makeup, spending extra time on my hair and outfit – after all, our girlfriends are the ones who appreciate that kind of effort, not the guys in our lives! For me, the key to "putting it all together" is lipstick. I could never go out without it, always carry it in my purse, even share it with my friends if they need some color!
For this challenge, use your favorite lipstick colors on your card – corals, pinks, reds, burgundies, bronzes, if it comes in a tube at the drugstore, you can use it on your card or project! You can use a neutral or two if you need to, but the card should scream color.
I can’t wait to see what you can do with your totally tubular lipstick colors! A couple of samples are attached below to inspire you. If you have any questions, I’ll be checking in on the chat thread tonight and for the next two weeks.

**There are no time limits for making your Mini VSN creations. However, all challenge submission must be uploaded by Saturday, November 24th, 11:00 PM EST**

Uploading Instructions:
*Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. If you are using additional keywords, you must separate them with a comma. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
*It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in the chat thread just in case the gallery is being testy.

Last edited by beadfreak22; 11-10-2007 at 03:36 PM..
Old 11-10-2007, 03:03 PM   #3
Stazon Splitcoast

Default JAN08VSNMINI6 - Splitcoast Enabler Challenge - Chat Thread

Title: Splitcoast Enabler Challenge
Hostess: Sara
Keyword: JAN08VSNMINI6
Time: Nov 10, 7PM

Find the Chat Thread for this challenge here: http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=299848
Check out the gallery for this challenge here: http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...limit=&x=5&y=5

If you've been on Splitcoast for any length of time and have visited the forums, you'll find people talking about all the different items to use on cards and scrapbooks: Papertrey Stamps, My Favorite Things Stamps, Stickles, Cuttlebug, Prima flowers... the list is endless. These conversations often have people running out to get ___ item because they HAVE to have it. Trust me, I know from experience.

My challenge to you is to take the things you HAD to get because you saw them in the SCS gallery or people were raving about them and make a card using them. Also explain in your description why you just HAD to have them.

Have fun stamping!

**There are no time limits for making your Mini VSN creations. However, all challenge submission must be uploaded by Saturday, November 24th, 11:00 PM EST**

Uploading Instructions:
*Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. If you are using additional keywords, you must separate them with a comma. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
*It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in the chat thread just in case the gallery is being testy.

Last edited by beadfreak22; 11-10-2007 at 03:36 PM..
Old 11-10-2007, 03:05 PM   #4
Stazon Splitcoast

Default JAN08VSNMINI7 ~ Table Made Pretty ~ Chat Thread

Title: Table Made Pretty
Hostess: Theresa
Keyword: JAN08VSNMINI7
Time: Nov 10, 7PM EST

Find the Chat Thread for this challenge here: http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=299853
Check out the gallery for this challenge here: http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...imit=&x=13&y=9

Sometimes you want to have a Girls Night In! Having friends over for a party in your home is great - to enjoy each other’s company, laugh together, stamp together and get away from everyday life! You do want to impress your guest with your great hostess abilities and pretty table scape.

My challenge to you is to create a table setting, consisting of a table place card, napkin ring and a mini menu or schedule for your event! You only need to make one set.

If you would like, you may also add more - wineglass charms, place mat, napkin, coasters, etc....its up to you!

I have attached two samples below ~ the first is the table setting ready for your guest, the second a view of all the items.

**There are no time limits for making your Mini VSN creations. However, all challenge submission must be uploaded by Nov 24th, 11pm EST**

Uploading Instructions:

Last edited by beadfreak22; 11-10-2007 at 03:35 PM..
Old 11-10-2007, 03:07 PM   #5
Stazon Splitcoast

Default JAN08VSNMINI8 ~ You Scratch My Back... ~ Chat Thread

Title: You Scratch My Back...
Hostess: Bonnie
Keyword: JAN08VSNMINI8
Time: Nov 10th, 7PM

Find the Chat Thread for this challenge here: http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=299849
Check out the gallery for this challenge here: http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...imit=&x=6&y=12

Having a house full of foster children and a spouse that worked night shift, while attending school full-time made having a night out very difficult for a period of my younger life. The only way that I was able to get out was to adopt the “you scratch my back and I scratch yours” philosophy, with a group of friends. I want you to keep that in mind for me tonight.

My challenge to you is to make a card using the Faux Linen technique. Here are some directions to doing the Faux Linen technique:
Rub a sanding block or a piece of fine sandpaper horizontally across a piece of Glossy cardstock. Then do the same, sanding vertically on the Glossy cardstock. You should now be able to see scratch lines in the cardstock going straight across and up and down. Finish by sponging on classic ink in the colour of your choice. The scratched lines will appear to be slightly darker and make the paper look like a linen weave. This can then be stamped on or used and any way you chose.

If you would like visual instructions you can check out Beate John’s tutorial at:

1. //www.splitcoaststampers.com/re.../fauxlinen.php

Enjoy the challenge and good luck!

**There are no time limits for making your Mini VSN creations. However, all challenge submission must be uploaded by Friday, November 24th, 11:00 PM EST**

Uploading Instructions:

Last edited by beadfreak22; 11-10-2007 at 04:53 PM..
Closed Thread