Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 02:49 PM   #1
Stazon Splitcoast

Arrow MINI VSN FASHION SHOW ~ MASTER THREAD ~ MARCH 8-15

It's time for a
VSN Fashion Show!

Put on your party dress and grab your designer bag for a fun evening of fashion-themed challenges. Each of the four challenges for tonight will be posted in this locked thread. The posts will include links to the individual challenge threads where you can ask questions or chat.

Two challenges will be posted at 7 p.m. EST and two challenges will be posted at 10 p.m. EST.

There are NO TIME LIMITS for mini VSN challenges and you have one week to upload your creations. Please have them in the gallery by end of day Saturday, March 15.

A couple of rules:

Please only submit one card per challenge.
Do not combine challenges. If you do combine challenges, please submit the card using only one challenge's keyword.
And last, don't forget to use the challenge keywords! This is how your cards get found in the gallery!

Have fun and please let us know if you have any questions!

Creativity takes courage.
--Henri Matisse

Last edited by eliotstamps; 03-09-2008 at 08:21 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-08-2008, 03:07 PM   #2
Stazon Splitcoast

Title: “No1”
Hostess: naturecoastcrafter (Jean)
Keyword: APR08VSNMINI1
Day/Date: Saturday, March 8th
Time: 7:00 PM EST

VIEW ALL THE NEW CREATIONS HERE.

The chat thread for this challenge is HERE.

Just her name was enough to define a pair of shoes, a hat, a pocketbook, a suit, perfume, jewelry--an entire look. It conveyed prestige, quality, impeccable taste and unmistakable style.

Chanel
Gabrielle “Coco” Chanel

Her name was a symbol of excellence and continues to inspire the world of fashion today and even tonight as we begin our VSN Fashion Show! The Chanel logo, interconnected C’s, whether black or white, signifies Chanel’s split from ostentatious to chic and cutting-edge. Let’s celebrate the split and use the Chanel logo for our inspiration. Your challenge is to create: a SPLIT NEGATIVE card.

A split negative card calls for stamping two impressions of the same image in contrasting colors on dark and light colors of cardstock and then splitting (or cutting) the cards in half and putting the opposites together to form a new image. You end up with two complete, but slightly different images. Use one image to make your card for this challenge.

Lori Craig provides an excellent SCS tutorial: Split Negative

You may create a black-and-white themed card, but that is not a requirement. Use any combination you wish and you may also decide that you can create the same effect without heat embossing—you decide—this is your chance to show your style.
As Coco said, “Fashion fades, only style remains the same.”

*** ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY MIDNIGHT, SATURDAY, MARCH 15th ***

Uploading Instructions:
*Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. If you are using additional keywords, you must separate them with a comma. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
*It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in the chat thread, in case the gallery is being testy.

Samples left to right, mine, resqbarbie, eliotstamps:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg split negative sample 2.JPG (84.2 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg DSC07150.jpg (66.2 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg apr08vsnmini1.jpg (87.3 KB, 61 views)

--Henri Matisse

Last edited by eliotstamps; 03-08-2008 at 04:25 PM..
Old 03-08-2008, 03:09 PM   #3
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Default APR08VSNMINI2~Sat 7pm EST~Classic Elegance: Pearls~Chat Thread

Title: “Classic Elegance: Pearls”
Hostess: scrapbookmama (Jennifer)
Keyword: APR08VSNMINI2
Day/Date: Saturday, March 8th
Time: 7:00 PM EST

The chat thread for this challenge is HERE.
The gallery for this challenge HERE

The one accessory I turn to the most is my strand of pearls. They make me think of ‘50s class. I wear them with everything… fancy dresses to t-shirts and jeans.

My challenge to you is to dress up your art with pearls! You can use pearl accents or pearl-ex shimmer. You can even use both if you want! Just dress up your cards with pearls!

You can use my samples to help jump start your creativity. Let pearls be your inspiration!

*** ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY END OF DAY SATURDAY, MARCH 15 ***

Uploading Instructions:
*Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. If you are using additional keywords, you must separate them with a comma. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
*It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in the chat thread, in case the gallery is being testy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pearl Friend.jpg (191.9 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg DSC07139.jpg (36.5 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg APR08vsnmini2.jpg (80.3 KB, 58 views)

Denise

Last edited by resqbarbie; 03-08-2008 at 06:16 PM..
Old 03-08-2008, 05:59 PM   #4
Stazon Splitcoast

Title: Tall & Skinny
Hostess: Maren/mmbc
Keyword: APR08VSNMINI3
Time: 10 p.m. EST/7 p.m. PST Saturday, March 8

The chat thread for this challenge is HERE!
Check out the gallery for this challenge HERE!

Kate, Gisele, Carolyn and Natalia look absolutely fabulous in Versace, Armani, Chanel, Dior, and all the other top designers. They wear the most outrageous outfits and still look drop-dead gorgeous. Most of the time, I know that I would look awful in them! This is our time to look as good as those tall & skinny models!

Your challenge: Take an existing A2 (4 ¼ x 5 ½) card and case it onto a “Tall & Skinny” card. Be sure to keep the same stamps, layout, color scheme, and embellishments. It can be a card from your gallery or from another extraordinary gallery. Please be sure to add a link to the original card. My sample is an 8 x 8 ½” paper scored at 4 ¼”. If you don’t have a card on hand, feel free to make both cards.

**There are no time limits for making your Mini VSN creations. However, all challenge submission must be uploaded by the end of the day Saturday, March 15.

Uploading Instructions:
*It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in the chat thread just in case the gallery is being testy.

Maren's original card is here: Friendship Garden

Samples:
MMBC (Maren), eliotstamps, resqbarbie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg marenapril08vsnmini3.jpg (34.0 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg apr08vsnmini3.jpg (58.8 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg denisetallcard.jpg (42.5 KB, 50 views)

--Henri Matisse

Last edited by eliotstamps; 03-08-2008 at 06:03 PM..
Old 03-08-2008, 06:00 PM   #5
Stazon Splitcoast

Title: What's a girl to do?
Hostess: Stacey/ Little Lou's
Keyword: APR08VSNMINI4
Time: 10 p.m. EST/7 p.m. PST Saturday, March 8

The chat thread for this challenge is HERE!
Check out the gallery for this challenge HERE!

When I think of fashion I think of trendy styles, wonderful fabrics and beautiful accessories. I also tend to think of the high prices that go along with all those styles.

Now, with all the demands on our money we can’t always afford all the latest and greatest in fashion, but we still want to be in style! What’s a girl to do? We splurge on the good stuff once in a while, the Gucci handbag or cashmere sweater, but most of the time we turn to the designer knock offs and imitation fabrics.

So, my challenge to you, make a card using the Faux Silk technique. It is a fun technique, and I love the elegant way a card looks when you use it!

Beate’s Faux Silk Tutorial

For your inspiration

Thanks for playing and have fun!

**There are no time limits for making your Mini VSN creations. However, all challenge submission must be uploaded by end of day Saturday, March 15.

Uploading Instructions:
*It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in the chat thread just in case the gallery is being testy.

Samples:
Little Lou's sample
resqbarbie's sample
eliotstamps's sample
Attached Images
File Type: jpg staceysilk.jpg (67.7 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg denisesilk.jpg (41.5 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg APRIL08VSNmini4.jpg (83.3 KB, 45 views)

--Henri Matisse

Last edited by resqbarbie; 03-08-2008 at 06:17 PM..
Closed Thread