Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2013, 11:25 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 658 Likes on 415 Posts
Default Master Challenge List ~ Birds, Bees & Buggies Main VSN!!

Title: Caught a bug
Hostess: Stacy ~ JBgreendawn
Keyword: MAR13VSNO
Day/Date: Saturday, March 2, 2013
Time: 10:00pm EST

So, once upon a time I seen the words for this VSN and the host call go out so I was sitting thinking of all the people I knew who were sick and had caught a bug. And then my mind instantly flashed to that scene in Jurassic Park where the guy holds up his walking stick and he has a bug caught in the fossill. Its pretty but, its supposed to be trapped in amber so its hard to see. and then I thought OK what if you have a "get well" themed card using the cracked glass technique on it. Some people do this with ultra thick embossing enamel. it can also be done with diamond glaze. ( if you go the diamond glaze route the drying time does not count for this challenge) here is a link to a tutorial for UTEE and cracked glass if you have not tried this before. ( its big pieces so its easier to keep the pieces on the cardstock from melting under your image and blowing the heat UP)

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Monday March 4th.
2. You have 45 minutes to complete the challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, MAR13VSNO , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos

NEW : We have a special gallery for the birds, bees & creepy crawlies VSN . When you click on Member Galleries to access the drop-down list, either scroll to the very bottom of the list (or just hit the End key which will take you straight there), and upload to that gallery

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VSNcaughtbugs JBgreendawn.jpg (62.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Crackedglasstag JBgreendawn.jpg (67.9 KB, 11 views)

My Blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Forum Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Master Challenge List ~ Birds, Bees & Buggies Main VSN!!

Title: Home Tweet Home
Hostess: Crafty Math Chick
Keyword: MAR13VSND
Day/Date: Friday, March 1st
Time: 8:00 PM EST (7:00 pm CST)

I have TONS of bird feeders around our property. It brings me such joy to see our little feathered friends fluttering around and enjoying their meal, occasionally they grace me with a song. I have always wanted to hang birdhouses around for them as well but we never seem to live in places with trees mature enough and branches strong enough to support their weight.

My challenge, if you choose to accept it, is create and decorate a three dimensional bird house with some stamping (after all, this IS v S n, right) ;) .

I found a few cute templates while searching the internet, though I am sure there are others out there, maybe some Cricut files too):

bird house template � Creativity in progress
http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capt...e_template.pdf
http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/file...x-template.pdf

Any three dimensional birdhouse template will do, or if you are brave, create your own! I have even seen some small wooden birdhouses at Michaels you could cover with patterned paper and add some stamping, though that might take more than the 45 minute limit of the challenge. Don't be intimidated - and remember to stamp! I look forward to seeing how creative everyone gets with this!

I used the 3rd template and ended up scoring it to make the sides of the birdhouse flat instead of curved. The printing, cutting out and scoring took me 12 minutes total. Then I stamped a woodgrain pattern all over the house to make the crumb cake cardstock seem more realistic. I stamped the nest from Lawn Fawn's new 'Home Sweet Home' set, masked it, stamped the birdies over it, colored them all in using copic markers, cut them out and affixed them inside the punched out opening (which was a little tricky).

Any questions? Feel free to ask!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE ( HERE - to be added)

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON March 4th.
3. We have a special gallery for the Birds, Bees & Creepy Crawlies VSN. When you click on Member Galleries to access the drop-down list, either scroll to the very bottom of the list (or just hit the End key which will take you straight there), and upload to that gallery .
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, MAR13VSND , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your creation is seen.

I can't wait to see what you come up with!! Thanks for playing along with my VSN challenge!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MAR13VSND.jpg (98.2 KB, 20 views)
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Title: INCHWORM
Hostess: Tammie (Tammie E)
Keyword: MAR13VSNG
Day/Date: Saturday, March 2
Time: 2:00pm EST

INCHWORM
Poor little inchworm
with all his inchworm traits
crawled onto the yard stick
but he was only seven-eights
"it's because of your posture"
his mother did say,
"there's a hump in your back
that just won't go away"
"I forgot about my hump,"
he said with a laugh
then he stretched himself out
to an inch and a half
~Charlie Parant

If you couldn't tell from the poem, my challenge is all about the inchworm. These little critters fascinate me! I love watching them wrinkle up their bodies then stretch to the max. I could watch for hours!

Sooo...my challenge to you is to create a project with an inchworm (or caterpillar). No inchworm images? I'm about to make this easy on you...are you ready? How about creating a project using Inchies? If you don't have any Inchies, make your own! If you chose to use Inchies, you can you whatever image you would like.

I've made two samples for your inspiration...one with an inchworm and the other with hand-made inchies. Have fun with the challenge; I can't wait to see what you come up with!

View the gallery for this challenge HERE .

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. We have a special gallery for the Birds, Bees & Creepy Crawlies VSN. When you click on Member Galleries to access the drop-down list, either scroll to the very bottom of the list (or just hit the End key which will take you straight there), and upload to that gallery .
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword MAR13VSNG when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen. Thanks so much for playing along!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KATEY CATERPILLAR wm.jpg (68.4 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg BERNADETTE wm.jpg (70.7 KB, 25 views)
VSN Coordinator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 171 Likes on 130 Posts

Title: Girls Are Buggie Too!
Hostess: LuvLee (Lee)
Keyword: MAR13VSNN
Day/Date: Saturday, March 2nd
Time: 9:00 PM EST

Bugs may be just a little more appreciated by little boys....but....a fair share of us girls have spent time "gettin' buggy"!!! Of course that may or may not have been so we could keep up with boys in our lives! ;) And I'll say that while I enjoyed catching some bugs and even snakes as a kid....I've outgrown that particular.......ummmm......talent! LOL

However..........I certainly can enjoy some adorable **stamped bugs**!!! Ok seriously....not squished bugs!!! But I have lots of cute buggie stamps! And what's more fun than making those cute bugs even cuter by "girlifying" them up! You know....using pink and bling and glitter and etc.!!

So the challenge is to make a card using an image of any type of bug but make the card girlie in some way!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE: HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, MAR13VSNN , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your creation is seen.

Here's my sample using an adorable Gina K. set called Lovely Ladybugs! I used pink and pearls and glitter and lace...now that's girlie!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lovelyladybugpink.jpg (53.1 KB, 4 views)
Forum Fanatic

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Title: Stalking the Doodlebug
Hostess: Sandy (stampingwriter)
Keyword: MAR13VSNA
Day/Date: Friday, March 1, 2013
Time: 5:00pm EST

When I was in school, I doodled all the time when taking notes. I'd start out doodling a flower in one corner of the page, but if I was sitting through a long history lecture, I would have the all the margins filled with doodles, creating a frame around my notes by the end of the lecture. Flowers, scallops, cats, spiderwebs ... I'd doodle whatever came to mind.

My challenge to you is to make a card that includes doodling. You can doodle a design in an open spot on a stamped image, create a doodled frame around a panel or around the entire card, or you can go all out and try making your own Zentangle. For samples, I doodled the designs on the mug in the red card, and doodled frames around several panels in the lavender one.

(Here are a few videos if you need ideas for doodling. Zentangle Zendoodle and Flowers are Fun ). I can't wait to see what you doodle.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE: MAR13VSNA - Homemade Cards, Rubber Stamp Art, & Paper Crafts - Splitcoaststampers.com

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Monday Mar 4th.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword MAR13VSNA when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen. Thanks so much for playing along!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg doodles.jpg (46.2 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg sample.jpg (52.1 KB, 30 views)
Teapot Tuesday participant

VSN Coordinator

Received 171 Likes on 130 Posts
Exclamation Master Challenge List ~ Birds, Bees & Buggies Main VSN!!

<3
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.

Title: Halloween
Hostess: Melissa, mollymoo951
Keyword: MAR13VSNB
Time: 6:00pm EST

When I first saw the theme "Birds, Bees & Creepy Crawlies", I immediately zeroed in on the CREEPY CRAWLIES. When else...ya gonna see CREEPY CRAWLIES but on HALLOWEEN! :mrgreen:

My challenge is threefold!

1. You must use something HALLOWEEN themed on your card.

2. Your creepy crawlie must be SHINY!

3. Your card must contain CHOCOLATE! As in milk chocolate / SU! Chocolate Chip color. (Chocolate fingerprints? Well...OK. I'll count those. )

There's several ways to go here. Your Halloween themed item can be paper or stamps. Your shiny could be heat embossing, Crystal Effects or glitter.

I have one sample to share. The first one...I use a sentiment from SU! Web Wishes, a Halloween stamp set. My worm is from SU! Bugs & Kisses, a NON-Halloween stamp set. The middle panel is a mild Halloween patterend paper.

Go mild or go wild! I didn't have time to go wild. :lol: Have fun!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE <--click

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, MAR13VSNB, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you creation is seen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MSM's-Creeping-by-to-say-HI!-DSC01228.jpg (49.5 KB, 32 views)

Never give up, just practice, stay positive and have fun!

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.

The Charmed Life

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Title: Nesting
Hostess : Mary Marsh (maryr917)
Keyword : MAR13VSNC
Day/Date : Friday, March 1st, 2013
Time : 07:00pm (EST)

When I think of Spring and Birds, I am reminded of birds nesting. Every year we have a robin who comes and builds her nest on the underside of our deck. She lays her 3 sweet blue eggs, and I get to peek through the wood slats and watch them hatch and grow.

So my challenge is to make a card showing a nest with eggs, a bird sitting or hovering over her nest, or a bird building a nest. The choice is yours.

Here is my sample:
Attachment 269387

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE Here

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:1.

ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Monday Feb 4th . (for the mini) Mar 4th. (for the main)
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, MAR13VSNC,
when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen. Thanks so much for playing along!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MAR13VSNC 005.jpg (71.5 KB, 15 views)

My Blog- The Charmed Life

Gabfest Goddess

Title: Owl the Right Words
Hostess: Gwen (tturtle)
Keyword: MAR13VSNE (month, year, VSN, letter)
Time: 9:00pm EST

This is my first time hosting a VSN challenge- Woo Hoo! This is what I needed to get me back into the groove of creating. I love the positive energy that comes out when we get together for VSNs. I hope you are having a fabulous time! I know I am!

My challenge is for you is to create a card/tag/3D object- as long as you use an owl and an owl saying.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE MAR13VSNE

Here is my birthday example...
Attachment 269404

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST on Monday March 4th 2013.
3. We have a special gallery for the Birds, Bees & Creepy Crawlies VSN. When you click on Member Galleries to access the drop-down list, either scroll to the very bottom of the list (or just hit the End key which will take you straight there), and upload to that gallery.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword (MAR13VSNE) when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg owlbday.jpg (31.9 KB, 12 views)
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Title: Birds, Bees or Creepy Crawlies Border
Hostess: Marg, margscardcrazy
Keyword: MAR13VSNKIDS
Time: 12 noon EST

Often birds, bees and creepy crawlies gather together to sing, work or play and especially creepy crawlies often form long lines as they gather food like ants and beetles.

My challenge is to make a card with a border using birds, bees or creepy crawlies as your border theme.

You can use anything you like to make your border, a boarder punch, stamps, stickers or you could even draw your border.

I'm looking forward to seeing all the wonderful cards with lots of lines of creepy crawlies.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Monday Feb 4th . (for the mini) Mar 4th. (for the main)
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword MAR13VSNKIDS when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Cheers
File Type: jpg IMG_1739.JPG (81.6 KB, 11 views)

My Gallery - MyBlog

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow" - Kurt Vonnegut
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,053 Likes on 812 Posts

Title : A Sting in the Tail
Hostess : Sabrina (Cook22)
Keyword : MAR13VSNF
Day/Date : Saturday March 2nd, 2013
Time : 01:00pm (EST)

Bees have stings - oh yes, they surely do! {Disclaimer ~ I know they don't have tails, and a scorpion would be more appropriate; but for the sake of a catchy title, and because I doubt if many people have a scorpion stamp, we'll go with bees :grin: }. At one stage when I was young we kept bees and had a hive in the garden. No cute little critters these, they were some semi-native species that were quite likely to sting and we stayed well clear of them. Once when my mother hadn't used enough smoke to sedate them before doing some work on the hive, they started attacking the house, and we had to rush round closing all the windows before too many flew in. Yikes!!
But oh, the smell of honey freshly harvested!!

A simple challenge - don't get stung, just pierce your paper! Feature piercing on your card, and include a bee. No bee stamps? A punch-art bee is easy-peasy - my uploaded sample card has a link to where I found mine, and there are many more out there.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Monday Mar 4th (for the main).
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword MAR13VSNF when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

<fieldset class="fieldset" style="margin-bottom: 6px; font-size: 11px;"><legend style="color: rgb(109, 109, 109); font-family: tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Attached Thumbnails</legend>[IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/attachments/vsn-hostess-chat-f87/268723d1361455625t-mar13vsnfc22.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/attachments/vsn-hostess-chat-f87/269309d1362082596t-mar13vsnfbc22.jpg[/IMG]
</fieldset>

Received 299 Likes on 213 Posts

Title : What's Red & Black and leaves a trail?
Hostess :Angie (ohmypaper!)
Keyword : MAR13VSNH
Day/Date : Saturday, March 2, 2013
Time : 3:00pm (EST)

What's Red & Black and leaves a trail? Lady Bugs! Did you know they leave a trail? Well..when I was a girl living in KS, I sure didn't know they left trails but living in GA I have discovered they leave black trails behind them! Every few years we get dozens of lady bugs in the house and they can leave tracks on the walls! That's not so much fun on the walls but it sure is fun on a card!

My challenge is to create a card with a lady bug or lady bugs included somewhere. It can be on the designer paper, a stamped image, an embellishment, anything...just show me your lady bug(s)! If you don't have any lady bugs you can make one! In the photo below I used a heart punch and a standard size hole punch. I can't wait to see your lady bugs and if you want to add some tracks I would love to see them. MOST of all have fun!!!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE MAR13VSNH .

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword MAR13VSNH when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attachment 269469Attachment 269470Attachment 269471
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dec 2012 FEB MAR VSN004.jpg (89.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg heart and circle 2 in one pic_0625.jpg (48.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg heart punch vsn_0634.jpg (53.3 KB, 12 views)
Mad Swapper

Title: Creepy Crawlies
Hostess: Michelle (Mit240z)
Keyword: MAR13VSNI
Time: 4:00pm EST

I'm not the biggest fan of spiders especially when I find them in my house! However if I find them outside they don't bother me too much. It's even kinda cool to see how they build their webs. I still like the fake stuff you put up at Halloween better ;)

My challenge to you is to add some spider webs on your card using CHEESECLOTH. Your card does not need to be spooky or halloween related. Cheesecloth looks great as an extra layer or accent on any style of card!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE: HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword MAR13VSNI when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pirates Life.jpg (55.6 KB, 16 views)
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 375 Likes on 292 Posts

Title: Feathers
Hostess: tessaduck (Brenda)
Keyword: MAR13VSNJ
Time: 5:00 pm EST

One of my chores, growing up on a small farm, was to feed the chickens and gather eggs. I was very familiar with feathers, and sometimes kept interesting ones. Still do, occasionally, when on the beach or on trails around here.

My challenge for you: Use feathers as embellishments on a card or project. Or, lacking the real thing, use feathers as image features, in the dp, or textures. One of my samples has real feathers, and the other has a stamped image of feathers.

Can�t wait to see your feathery creations!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE: MAR13VSNJ

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword MAR13VSNJ when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen. Thanks so much for playing along!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hi.jpg (42.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg purple feathers.jpg (67.2 KB, 11 views)
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 295 Likes on 194 Posts

Title: Black, Bright, and Beautiful!
Hostess: Kim (berlycece)
Keyword: MAR13VSNK
Day/Time: Saturday March 2nd, 6:00 pm EST

Hello Stamping Friends!

I am soooooooooo excited to host my first VSN challenge! I love participating in challenges here on SCS! And having a weekend of challenges is even better!

When I first saw the theme for this spring VSN, my eyes fixated on the *Creepy Crawlies* and I thought, "Eeeeewwww!"

But almost immediately, I realized that some bugs are actually BEAUTIFUL! A lot of bugs feature amazing bright colors that contrast with their black bodies. They may even be iridescent!

My challenge to you is a COLOR Challenge
(my favorite kind, by the way!) Create a project that features a dark neutral (like black or brown) and one BRIGHT color (like lime or turquoise)

You can use other colors...just let the one neutral and one bright be the focal points.

Just like the color challenges here every week, I am offering you a dessert option: Add some shimmer! Maybe shimmer spritz, dazzling diamonds, silver cord...you get the idea.

Remember, this is a color challenge, so you don't have to have a bug on your card! But to get your inspiration going, check out the beautiful bugs below.

I made 2 samples...one without a bug, one with bright and beautiful butterflies!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE (shortly!)

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

2. You have 45 minutes to complete the challenge. Honor system, of course!
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, MAR13VSNK, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Be sure to give the picture of your project a unique file name. There are always lots of submissions for VSN challenges! It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen.

I can't wait to see what fabulous projects you create!
Kim in Illinois, Dirty Dozen Alum, QFTD#207, FS798, VSN Moderator
"Famous Last Words" Spring Virtual Stamp Night, April 19 & 20
Stazon Splitcoast

MAR13VSNL~Saturday, March 2nd~7 pm EST`Bb is 4 ..
Title: Bb is 4
Hostess: Susan (Cards are me)
Time:7 pm (EST)

Every week I am thinking of a new letter for the Alphabet Challenge here at SCS. Of course, when I read "Birds, bees and creepy crawlies" I thought of the letter "B".

My challenge for you is to make a card with any combination or single "B": item, word or color. A few ideas: button, bow, bird, bee, bug, birthday, boy, blue...

My Sample

Attachment 269525

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Monday Feb 4th . (for the mini) Mar 4th. (for the main)
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword MAR13VSNL when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Christmas Card Challenge
Proud Fan Club Member
Alphabet Challenge
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 007.JPG (146.7 KB, 2 views)
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 295 Likes on 194 Posts

Title: RAIN or SHINE!!

Hostess: Kim (berlycece)
Keyword: MAR13VSNM
Day/Time: Saturday, March 2nd 8:00 EST

Hello AGAIN Stamping Friends!!

Due to some late changes, I have been given the blessing to host another VSN challenge!! WooHoo!

(That means I get to pick even more winners!!)

So...here we go...

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the water spout
Down came the rain and washed the spider out
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain
And the itsy bitsy spider climbed up the spout again!

Did y'all do the hand movements as you sang that?? :mrgreen:

My challenge to you is to create a card with a SCENE that incorporates either RAIN or SHINE

...think about images with clouds, umbrellas, kids in raincoats and boots, rain drops
.......or sunbeams, rainbows, blue skies!

Now for DESSERT...add a "creepy crawly" somewhere in your scene. It might be part of your actual stamp image, or something you add for a touch of whimsy

Perhaps a ladybug on a flower under the sun...Or a comical worm in a rain puddle.

Maybe even someone can be literal and create a scene with a spider on a water spout!

Here is my card (soon)

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

2. You have 45 minutes to complete the challenge. Honor system, of course!
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, MAR13VSNM, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Be sure to give the picture of your project a unique file name. There are always lots of submissions for VSN challenges! It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen.

I am looking forward to seeing even more of your creations!!
Kim in Illinois, Dirty Dozen Alum, QFTD#207, FS798, VSN Moderator
"Famous Last Words" Spring Virtual Stamp Night, April 19 & 20
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts

Title: Birdie Surprise!
Hostess: Scrapacat (Ky)
Keyword: MAR13VSNP
Time: 11 PM EST

Ok, when I first saw the theme for this VSN, I immediately thought of all my friends who cringe at the mention of bugs and bees. Most of you know that I am a retired biologist and a lot of my expertise was working with rare beetles and all things creepy, stinging, and flying. I just adore this theme!! Then I saw the mini-blinds tutorial, and voila'! My challenge was born.

No need to handle a bug,
no need to come undone.
Just hide a surprise behind the blind
and let us relate to your kind.

Hee hee. A poet I ain't.

The challenge is to use a Bird, Bee or Bug image and hide it with a mini-blind. See the MINI-BLIND TUTORIAL by Dirty Girl Diane Zechman to get your juices flowing. If you prefer, you can use any image or sentiment and use bird, bee or bug patterned paper for the blind or background papers.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Monday, March 4th.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, MAR13VSNP , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen.
I Blog at The BunnyNest