Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-08-2006, 08:50 AM   #41
Mad Swapper

Since Christmas, my DH had been worried about me, because I hadn't been stamping! LOL When I remembered VSN yesterday, I got into it pretty quickly. Later in the evening when he went upstairs he commented, "Now THAT's what our kitchen is supposed to look like!!" Ha! It was a real mess, and well worth it. I had so much fun, and finally got back in the mood to stamp. Thanks for the effort that everyone put forth for my entertainment . . . not to mention my mental health!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-08-2006, 09:11 AM   #42
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by bekster
Since Christmas, my DH had been worried about me, because I hadn't been stamping! LOL When I remembered VSN yesterday, I got into it pretty quickly. Later in the evening when he went upstairs he commented, "Now THAT's what our kitchen is supposed to look like!!" Ha! It was a real mess, and well worth it. I had so much fun, and finally got back in the mood to stamp. Thanks for the effort that everyone put forth for my entertainment . . . not to mention my mental health!
Awww, what a neat, supportive thing for him to say, sounds like a keeper to me. Wasn't it frenzied fun!!!!
Old 01-08-2006, 09:15 AM   #43
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Thanks to everyone who made this a fabulous VSN! I had such a great time!
Old 01-08-2006, 09:50 AM   #44
Hardware Hotshot

This was my first time participating in the VSN and it was a blast. I loved all the challenges and stepped outside of my comfort zone on several of them. You are all awesome and hopefully I will be able to download my last three cards soon!!!!!

Anita
Old 01-08-2006, 10:02 AM   #45
Stazon Splitcoast

In addition to all the people that have been thanked thus far (Tracy, Hostess Divas, Daven and all the other SCS teammembers) I would like to publicly thank Ned, Dusty and Lucky (the servers). Apparently they weren't really in the mood yesterday, but they came through from us with a little prodding. Thanks "guys". We had lots of fun. Now make sure you pump yourselves up in preparation for the next VSN.

(I think I heard a groan from their weary little chips)
Old 01-08-2006, 10:55 AM   #46
Stazon Splitcoast

Another Thanks to Everybody at SCS. This was my first VSN and I absolutely loved it! Can't wait until the next one! I really saw how much work it took by all the wonderful people here, and it is much appreciated!
Old 01-08-2006, 11:05 AM   #47
Pearl-ExPert

Talking Not a Newbie anymore!!

Wow, what a great night. My DH had no idea I would be up until about 2 AM stamping....now he really thinks I am insane! Anyway, thanks for a great night....Can't wait for the next one where I will get MUCH more into it... Maybe I will have gotten rid of my dial-up by then!! Yeah, right!
Old 01-08-2006, 11:24 AM   #48
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Stamps for Smiles

I'm so sad!!

I never knew what the VSN was until I got to looking into to last night and was watching all the excitement everyone was having and it looked like so much fun and I'm so sorry that I missed it!! I will be helping voting on the cards, though. I'm hoping to get through the whole alphabet in time, though!! I sure hope I will be able to join in on the next one!! Looks like EVERYONE did a great job!!
Old 01-08-2006, 11:29 AM   #49
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: I don't stamp, I just talk about stamping on the internet!

Thank you to EVERYONE who made this such a blast! You were so organized, it must have taken a lot of prep work and I really appreciate it! This was my first time and you've made it so memorable - even more memorable than the other....oh, well, enough about that!

Here's a photo of what my stamp room looks like now. (Well, I can't get it to attach now - maybe I can add it later!)
Old 01-08-2006, 11:32 AM   #50
Die Cut Diva

I want to add my thanks to everyone who made last night possible. I had lots of fun. I learned so many new techniques, that was the best part. It really forced me out of my comfort zone and I appreciate the push. Can't wait for the next one. Now I need to clean up the huge mess in my stamping room and get some sleep. Again, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!
Old 01-08-2006, 11:47 AM   #51
Watercolor Wizard

Just wanted to say THIS PLACE ROCKS!! As a new stamper, I learned SO MUCH last night with the challenges! I only got to upload 6 of my creations, but the others I felt needed fine tuning! I'll upload the rest when I get a chance.
Thanks to EVERYONE for making this so much fun and a great way to try new stuff! (I told my hubby that if he can't find something in the rest of the house, look on my craft table. My iron, plastic wrap, tissue and other items aren't going back to their "real" spots!)
Old 01-08-2006, 11:55 AM   #52
Insane Embellisher

Thank you to everyone who coordinated this event and spent so much of their personal and family time in order that I could participate and just have fun. This was my first VSN and although I only completed the three challenges on 1/6 and seven on 1/7, I had a wonderful time. I learned some new techniques, got 'out of my box' and challenged myself with colors that I don't normally use, and just plain had a blast. I will definitely be here for the next event....
Old 01-08-2006, 11:57 AM   #53
Stazon Splitcoast

WOW.... what a night!!
I need to add my "THANKS" to all who made this VSN happen!!
This was my first one.... and, I pray, NOT my last!! You truly stretched me to my limit, and helped me grow.... I didn't know I had it in me!!

A few of my SCS friends and I were in an MSN IM (chat) while VSN was in session.... at one point, I turned from my 'creating' and typed in: "Gee... I'm glad I don't have to work THIS hard at work!!" tee hee
Loads of FUN, lots of hard work, and not much time to do it in.... but I am SO glad I joined in the action!!
THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!!

I *heart* My Computer
Because a lot of my best friends live in it!!
Thanks SCS.... for providing a place to cultivate priceless friendships!!
Old 01-08-2006, 11:58 AM   #54
Insane Embellisher

Smile

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. I had a balst - now I need a weekend to recover and clear up before work tomorrow. 2 very late nights - but so much fun. I managed Friday's 3 and 8 last night - not bad going. Thanks to everyone. Tracy you really did such a terrific job coordinating - don't know how anyone could top it. Thanks to all the hostesses and Jen, Daven etc. - I uploaded between 1 and 2 a.m. EST and it went like a dream - (perhaps I was asleep at the time).

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL
Old 01-08-2006, 12:06 PM   #55
Stazon Splitcoast

A HUGE thank you to everyone who made the JAN VSN the best one yet!!!
I participate with my 17 year old DD and it makes for some excellent times together. We brag about stamping together to everyone and they are so jealous. It's you SCS and all of the wonderful people on this site who have made it possible for a 50 YO Mom and a 17 YO DD to spend an entire evening together and then get up the next morning and spend another 5 hours trying to get things to upload. SCS and VSN is burned into our memories forever.

Barbara
Old 01-08-2006, 01:22 PM   #56
Kookie Creator

I'm so happy that so many of you wonderful ladies participated in VSN- especially those of you "first timers" . It was so much fun to see how people interpreted my challenge and let me tell everyone how super the divas are! I now have so many great techniques to work with when I stamp. Tracy is the most awesome Queen Diva Coordinator and so fun to work with. Thanks also to Jenn, Beate, Cami, and Daven for not only their support of keeping the site moving on VSN but their work on "normal" days as well (as if any of us ever have normal days!) SCS is such a wonderful resource that the Noltas have so generously shared with us all and we thank you.

So, when's the next VSN? I'm there!
Old 01-08-2006, 01:34 PM   #57
Polyshrink Goddess

Everyone who participated thanks SO much, you guys rock! My DH had fun stampin' with me too (although I'll think twice about inviting him again, I spent a LOT of time telling him where this or that was, or trying to explain techniques for him, lol!). This was SOOOO fun, can't wait for the next one! =D>

Oh yea....can anyone say INKY FINGERS?!!!!!!

Last edited by querida; 01-08-2006 at 01:37 PM..
Old 01-08-2006, 01:51 PM   #58
Crimping Master

I'm now officially a VSN junkie - it was my first and even with the time delays (I was crafting at 3am!) I had a blast. Thank you all for your help and answering my bizarre questions. You rock!

Fiona

Tales from the Shed
Old 01-08-2006, 02:10 PM   #59
Glitter Guru

A big THANK YOU to all of YOU!!!!! This was my first VSN, and I loved playing, even though I'm still kind of a newbie. I couldn't do all of the challenges (I need more supplies), but I enjoyed everything I did. It was a wonderful learning experience too! THANK YOU all for EVERYTHING YOU do! I think it is safe to say that we all appreciate it!!!!