Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 06-23-2006, 03:21 PM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default June VSN Master Challenge Thread - Tailgate Party! - NO POSTS!

Here is where the challenges will be posted! Please do not post to this thread, for questions and chatter, please see the challenge chat threads. The thread will reamain locked.

Last edited by nasmith1701; 06-23-2006 at 05:04 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Hardware Hotshot

Default JUNE06VSNA: 7:30PM EST - Pack your suitcase!

JUNE06VSNA: 7:30PM EST - Pack your suitcase!
Hostess: StampinDeedee - and Alyx and Jessie

Summer is here, and we all deserve a vacation. So pack your suitcase, and let's go! Don't have a suitcase? No problem -- pick a place you want to go, and make a suitcase to hold!!
Mom's Part: Make a standard quarter-sheet card in your child's choice of colors. Round the corners if they desire. This will be their suitcase. Now, cut a three-inch circle from a complimentary- or neutral-colored cardstock. Then cut a one-and-a-half-inch circle from the center of the three-inch circle. Fold the resulting "o" in half, and voila! Suitcase handles! Attach one to each the front and back of the card.
Kid's Part: Decorate the outside of your suitcase, then stamp inside to show us what you will take on your trip!
Alyx, Jessie, and I will be hanging around the "JUNE06VSNA - (Kids' Challenge) Pack Your Suitcase" chat thread to answer any questions you might have about our challenge. Remember, you don't need to post to that thread for your entry to be counted in the contest.
A NOTE TO MOM ABOUT UPLOADING YOUR CARDS:
Please place your child's card in the "I'd like to thank the little people" category of the gallery. You may want to post two photos -- one of the closed suitcase, and one of it opened. Also, please enter the appropriate keyword for your child's age group in the keyword section of the photo upload forms:
JUNE06VSNA04 (Ages 0 – 4)
JUNE06VSNA58 (Ages 5 – 8 )
JUNE06VSNA913 (Ages 9 – 13)
JUNE06VSNA1417 (Ages 14 – 17)

Please be sure to include JUNE06VSNA(__) in the keywords section of your upload, so we can find them for uploading!

Link to chat thread: Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alyx's Suitcase Closed.jpg (20.4 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg Alyx's Suitcase Opened.jpg (13.4 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg Jessie's Suitcase Closed.jpg (12.6 KB, 82 views)

Last edited by nasmith1701; 06-23-2006 at 04:44 PM..
Hardware Hotshot

Default JUNE06VSNB: 8:15PM EST - Mosaics

JUNE06VSNB: 8:15PM EST - Mosaics
Hostess: Pammyrn

Hello Friends, I am so excited to be here with you. I hope you enjoy the challenge.

One thing I remember from going to the beach is the sunsets. They were Just Breathtaking. But since I live in Kansas I only have my memories. But not the older I get, I only remember in bits and pieces. So that brings us to the challenge. Your Challenge is to make a card mosaic style. Remembering the pieces and putting them back together again.

Directions are simple. You can mosaic almost anything. Just take what ever shape you have and cut it up. You can be exact by square or just randomly cut a dicut. Another idea is to take pattern paper and make a Mosaic background for your sampled image. I look for wart to seeing all of your inspiring artwork. Just remember to have fun with it and see you at the beach.

Remember, you have 45 minutes to create your art for this challenge. Below are some cards I have made as examples. They both took me less than 45 minutes each.

Please be sure to put JUNE06VSNB in they keywords section of your upload, so I can find it for judging!

LINK TO CHAT THREAD: Forums at Splitcoaststampers

The first two samples are Pam's and the third one is one I did.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VSN Thinking of you PJM.JPG (54.5 KB, 319 views)
File Type: jpg VSN Gone the the Beach PJM.JPG (27.1 KB, 322 views)
File Type: jpg Pam's challenge - ME.jpg (27.5 KB, 306 views)

Last edited by nasmith1701; 06-23-2006 at 04:18 PM..
Compulsive Stamper

Location: I live in a small town house with 3 wonderfull kids

I'm new at this. I was just wondering if we have to havwe it uploaded before the 45min mark?
Stazon Splitcoast

JUNE06VSNC: 9:00PM EST - Summer Sketches
Hostess: Nasmith1701 & Scrown8301

We know that you are all surprised to see us hosting a challenge. Due to some personal issues, Hedgehog0929 was unable to host her challenge, and it was too late to ask another hostess to step in. So, rather than leaving the spot empty, we decided to host a challenge.

Put on your flip flops and grab your sunglasses - Summer is finally here! Celebrate the solstice with this seasonal-themed sketch... Use this sketch challenge to create a Summer-themed card. You can use any colors, stamps, or embellishments that you’d like - as long as there is an obvious summer theme.

Here is a link to that sketch challenge. Forums at Splitcoaststampers

Please be sure to put JUNE06VSNC in the keywords section of your upload, so we can find it for judging!

*The sample is one I (scrown8301) did.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Summer Sketches_SCS_SC_Wish you were here.jpg (30.2 KB, 241 views)

Last edited by nasmith1701; 06-23-2006 at 09:40 PM..
Hardware Hotshot

Default JUNE06VSND: 9:45PM EST - Christmas in July!

JUNE06VSND: 9:45PM EST - Christmas in July!
Hostess: Stamphappy6805

Christmas in July!!
Doesn't it seem like the ladies who get started with their holiday card ideas in the summer seem to have less stress doing them early than the rest of us?

Well, my challenge is to create a holiday creation that you might consider using as your holiday card for the upcoming holiday season. So get out those snowflake brads, glitter, green, blue and red embossing powder and get to work on a holiday creation that is sure to decrease your stress. Think about all the wonderful cards that you will be able to case from this challenge as well. There are many wonderfully talented ladies on this site and we will I'm sure be in awe of their creations.

Snow boots and parka optional. Have fun and I will be around all evening if you have any questions.

Please be sure to put JUNE06VSND in the keyword section of your upload, so I can find it for judging!

The first two samples were made by Anita, and the last was made by me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Anita's samples 1.jpg (35.7 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg Anita's samples 2.jpg (40.2 KB, 144 views)
File Type: jpg Anita's Challenge - ME.jpg (21.2 KB, 131 views)

Last edited by nasmith1701; 06-23-2006 at 05:50 PM..
Stazon Splitcoast

JUNE06VSNE: 10:30PM EST - Kiss me baby!
Hostess: Guarinomom
Your challenge for the next 45 minutes is the Kissing Technique.
The kissing technique is very easy and fun to do. Here's how. Ink up a background stamp, such as French Script, Canvas, Soft Swirls, etc, with a dark color and leave it face up on your worktable. Ink up a solid stamp with a lighter color and then press it onto the inked background stamp (this is the "kiss"). Then stamp onto your cardstock.
Or any versions of the above works as well. Ink up a solid image with light ink and "kiss" it with a 2nd image in dark ink. Using a background is not required. Super fun and easy!!
You do not have to post back to the chat thread to have your card viewed as long as you remember the keyword.

Some examples from the gallery are
Gaylestamps.com Gallery at Splitcoaststampers
MamaKimberly Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

One of my cards done with this technique
Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

Please feel free to ask any questions you have! I'll be around to answer them as quickly as I can.
Can't wait to see your creations.

Please be sure to put JUNE06VSNE in the keyword of your card so I can find them for judging.

*The sample is mine (scrown8301), my very first one with the Kissing tech.

Link to the chat thread: Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kissing Technique_SAB Set_SCS_SC_Thanks.jpg (41.2 KB, 215 views)

Last edited by nasmith1701; 06-23-2006 at 08:14 PM..
Stazon Splitcoast

JUNE06VSNF: 11:15PM EST - Luscious Brown
Hostess: StampingDenise

Ever noticed that the brown colors have yummy names, like chocolate chip, close to cocoa, creamy caramel???? With yummy names like that, how can you not love brown? I realized during the last VSN that every single one of my cards used brown in it some place. I also realized that I have a brown addiction. And isn't it funny how the best things in life are also brown: coffee and chocolate!!! So I decided that tonight we should honor brown with a challenge.
Here's the challenge:
Make a card that uses predominantly brown cardstock and/or inks. Feel free to pair it with other colors - try something new - or do a brown monochromatic card. The choice is yours. I love to see brown paired with all sorts of colors. Pink and brown. Red and brown. Yellow and brown. Brown and brown. J Just be sure brown is one of the main color on the card. Go ahead and be creative!!

Please be sure to put JUNE06VSNF in the keywords section of your upload so I can find it for judging!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg junevsncard0001.jpg (54.9 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg junevsncard0002.jpg (83.4 KB, 94 views)

Last edited by scrown8301; 06-23-2006 at 07:21 PM..
Hardware Hotshot

That's it ladies! That was the last challenge for our tail gate party! We hope you all enjoyed yourselves, and remember to be back here (in the VSN forum) at 2pm ET tomorrow for VSN!

The first challenge is for the kids, and the adults will get started after that!

See you there!