Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-19-2007, 04:13 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb What is VSN - May 2007

What is VSN?

VSN stands for Virtual Stamp Night, which is a SplitCoastStampers tradition. VSN consists of a series of stamping challenges for participants to complete. ANYONE can play, there is no registration or fee and you can do as many or as few challenges as you�d like. Whether you are a new stamper or a seasoned vet, VSN will get you to try new things and get your creativity flowing. Most importantly, VSN is all about fun!

VSN Forum

Everything VSN takes place in the VSN forum.

You can even subscribe to the forum and be notified of new threads and posts. To subscribe, first be on the thread listing page for the VSN forum. Then select �Subscribe to this Forum� from the drop �Forum Tools� drop down menu.

VSN Basics

Theme � The Coordinators choose a theme for the VSN. Challenges usually relate to the theme. The theme for May 2007 is May Flowers.

Challenges � VSN is made up of a series of stamping challenges. The challenge is a set of rules to be followed when making a card or project. Challenges can involve something simple like a color scheme, more involved like creating a specific type of interactive card, or a stamping technique; and challenges can even be non-card types.

Schedule � VSN is two days � Friday night and Saturday. The �Tailgate Party� on Friday beings at 7pm EST; Saturday begins at 12 noon EST. Challenges are posted every hour until 11pm EST. You have 45 minutes to complete each challenge and an extra 15 minutes to clean up, snack, upload or do whatever you need to. You do not have to have your challenge submission uploaded within that timeframe, but it must be uploaded by the deadline.

Participation � All challenges will be posted in the Master Challenge thread found at the top of the VSN forum. The thread will be stickied � to stay at the top of the forum � and locked so that you can easily find each new challenge. In addition, each host will post a �chat� thread for their challenge. The chat thread is where you may ask any questions about that challenge (or simply chat). Also, you do not have to play every challenge � your level of participation is up to you. Finally, you do not have to play a challenge when it is posted, but you do need to complete your card within 45 minutes � this is on the honor system � and it must be uploaded by the deadline.

Deadline � All VSN submissions must be uploaded to the SCS gallery by 3pm EST, Sunday, May 20 to be considered for judging. Each submission must include the unique code (for example: MAY07VSNA) in the keywords field; this will ensure each host can find your entry. It is not required to post a link to your entry within the chat thread, but many people enjoy doing so. Winning entries will be announced a few days after the deadline. Each winning entry will be moved into a special gallery forum for easy perusal.

What Does a VSN Host/Hostess Do?

Each challenge is presented by a challenge host/hostess. The host chooses a challenge topic and is responsible for judging his/her challenge entries.

Additionally, the host will also start a chat thread for their challenge, where you can go to ask questions or just hang out and chat! Hosts are allowed to play, and win, during VSN (just not their own challenge).

What Do the Coordinators Do?

Each VSN has two coordinators. Coordinators choose the hosts, post the challenges, and just all-around coordinate the entire VSN. Coordinators participate by helping to make samples for the challenges. Coordinators are not eligible to win any VSN categories.

What Can You Do to Prepare?

Prior to VSN the coordinators will post several things to help you prepare for VSN:
� Rules � specific and detailed guidelines for participation and submission
� Shopping List � a list of supplies you may need to complete the challenges
� Schedule � starting times and VSN codes
� Other Relevant Information � anything else that the coordinators feel will be helpful

Help us create a StampinUp Gallery Index

Last edited by kthaman; 05-09-2007 at 12:46 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2007, 07:35 AM   #2  
Compulsive Stamper

Hi I was just wonderinf if the shopping list for the VSN on May 18-19 has been posted yet, cause I can't wait!!!!!!!

Thanks Angela
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2007, 10:43 AM   #3  
Glitter Queen

I want to play - I've never done a VSN but I have to work that weekend :o( Will the challenges be posted so that I could do them on my own later in the weekend?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2007, 11:27 AM   #4  

Quote:

Originally Posted by wattstlk
I want to play - I've never done a VSN but I have to work that weekend :o( Will the challenges be posted so that I could do them on my own later in the weekend?
Yes, all the challenges will be posted in one "master" thread. You'll be able to access it at any time after VSN.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2007, 02:01 PM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

You said that everything takes place in the VSN Forum. Will I be able to find that easily?? I have never done VSN before!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2007, 03:30 PM   #6  

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmryal
You said that everything takes place in the VSN Forum. Will I be able to find that easily?? I have never done VSN before!!!
You are actually already in the VSN forum (when reading this thread). If you go to the top of the page and under the banner Ad you will see:

a file folder icon Splitcoaststampers > Stamping Stuff > Splitcoast Challenges > Virtual Stamp Night >

That shows you what forum you are in.

On Friday I will post the Master Challenge Thread - it will be a sticky so it will be found at the top of the forum. When we get started, I will post each challenge in that thread and link to the Hostesses' chat thread where you can chat or ask questions and post a link to your submission (if you want).

What many players do is to have one browser window with the master challenge thread open in it; and have another browser window (or tab, depending on your browser) open to chat threads or gallery. If you are using IE, go to File->New Window (FireFox is File->New Window or New Tab).

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2007, 05:09 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Default For the future

Uh oh, I think I goofed. I just re-read the instructions and realized I posted my pictures in My Gallery and put the VSN code in the title, not the keyword. I was only able to do 2 of the challenges, but I want to make sure I know what I'm doing before the next challenge.

So a few questions:

if I put the challenge code in the keywords field, what am I supposed to put in the title field?

am I supposed to post them in My Gallery (member gallery) or in another gallery?

am I supposed to post them in a thread also?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2007, 05:45 AM   #8  

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMCAnne
if I put the challenge code in the keywords field, what am I supposed to put in the title field?
You may title the card however you want - you can include the vsn code there if you wish, or just VSN, or just something else

Quote:

am I supposed to post them in My Gallery (member gallery) or in another gallery?
Upload them just as you would any other card - if they contain any SU stamp place them in the corresponding gallery. If there are no SU stamps, perhaps you used a technique that has a gallery, if so, place it there. Otherwise, in your member gallery is fine.

Quote:

am I supposed to post them in a thread also?
You do not need to post them to the thread. It became a habit a while ago when the gallery was having issues.

HTH!

Oh, and some technical background --- Having the keyword in the title is not a problem, and your card will be found if a *search* is done for the challenge code. However, if you click on the linked code in the keywords field, the gallery will only pull up cards that have that same code in the keyword (if the code is only in the title, a keyword click won't find it).

One of the reasons I put a link to the specific challenge search right in the chat thread is to help facilitate finding all the submissions. The hostesses are using those search links to review the submissions for their challenges, so your submissions should be found.

Having the challenge code in the keyword field is a convenience for moving among the submissions. Hope all that makes sense

Reply With Quote Likes