Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Virtual Stamp Night Archive (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/virtual-stamp-night-archive-327/)
-   -   Texas Snowman by mrslaird - VSNDEC14K - Saturday, Dec. 13 - 6 pm EST (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/virtual-stamp-night-archive-327/texas-snowman-mrslaird-vsndec14k-saturday-dec-13-6-pm-est-594917/)

mrslaird 12-02-2014 03:22 AM

Texas Snowman by mrslaird - VSNDEC14K - Saturday, Dec. 13 - 6 pm EST

1 Attachment(s)
Challenge Title: Texas Snowman
Hostess: mrslaird (Paula)
Keyword: VSNDEC14K
Date: Dec 13th, 6PM EST

I love "Frozen"! It's now one of my favorite animated films and that is saying a lot! I live in Southeast Texas and we pretty much need Elsa and her magical snow powers to get anywhere near enough snow for a snowman. Growing up, my grandmother had a little water globe with a hat, carrot, and three little black rocks floating in it. The caption? Texas Snowman. ;)

My challenge to you is to make a card with water. You can use an image of water, use a watercoloring technique, or any other way you can work water into your project!

View the gallery for this challenge: HERE
View the Frozen Master Challenge Thread: HERE

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10 P. M. EST ON Sunday, December 21st.
2. You have 1 hour to complete the challenge, unless otherwise noted.....you do not have to count prep time!
3. We have a special gallery for the Frozen VSN.
a) From the "Main Gallery" dropdown list on the first page of the uploader, choose Events and Special Collections.
b) From the Sub-gallery dropdown list, choose Virtual Stamping and Scrapbooking Nights ~ it's the last in the list.
c) From the new sub-gallery dropdown list choose Frozen - it's the very top of the list.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword VSNDEC14K when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen. THANKS SO MUCH FOR PLAYING ALONG!!!

mrslaird 12-13-2014 02:00 PM

Hey everybody!

LuvLee 12-13-2014 02:02 PM

From Millan.Net

mrslaird 12-13-2014 02:17 PM

I have made a snowman in Texas once. It was Dec 2010. That is the only time we've hard now stick to the ground that I can remember. In my neck of Texas that is!

scootsv 12-13-2014 04:05 PM

Oh boy, you are forcing me to use watercolor again! I am in the learning process! Thanks for being hostess and for all you are doing for us!

ohmypaper! 12-13-2014 06:22 PM

Fun challenge Paula! I hope I get to play!

janeenk 12-13-2014 06:35 PM

ha ha, i love your description of Texas snowman. that is a hoot.

Cook22 12-14-2014 05:35 AM

Wow, what a mess. As I link this I am feeling that keeping on smiling, as exhorted by my sentiment, is about the only thing to do. It's that or cry - especially since it's the first time I've had a re-inker spill for a LONG time. I was rushing too much; I should have abandoned plan A when it was obviously not coming together.
VSNDEC14K A Well- Watered Mess

mrslaird 12-14-2014 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22 (Post 20839951)
Wow, what a mess. As I link this I am feeling that keeping on smiling, as exhorted by my sentiment, is about the only thing to do. It's that or cry - especially since it's the first time I've had a re-inker spill for a LONG time. I was rushing too much; I should have abandoned plan A when it was obviously not coming together.
VSNDEC14K A Well- Watered Mess

I love it! Honest! But I'm sorry it was messy and stressful! That's not fun!!

janeenk 12-14-2014 01:57 PM

thanks Paula for hostessing with your busy schedule. I appreciate you. Here's mine. I had to at least play in a couple of these challenges.

Shoe Girl 12-14-2014 04:32 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you for doing this challenge, I wanted to try my hand at water coloring. I am in love!!! Here is my card: VSNDEC14K Thank you by Shoe Girl - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

LittleSeaOtter 12-14-2014 05:53 PM

Here's mine:

Solitary Cardinal

Lmn 12-14-2014 09:19 PM

Here's Mine

I watercolored with my card, I forget about that technique, it worked great to add color touch to my card

Snow Friends with Heart

janeenk 12-17-2014 11:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
hey Paula, i wanted to show you what happens to the water in the bird bath if we don't plug it in. It's been in the forties so i unplugged it and last night the temps dropped again.

A few years back we purchased this bird bath with a plug in to keep the water open for our feathered friends. It's uncanny how they know not to bathe in it in the winter time. Smart little things. Bird Brain?? i think they are clever.

hotwheels 12-17-2014 11:47 AM

Here's my card, thanks hotwheels
VSNDEC14K Texas stocking watercoloring by hotwheels - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

k dunbrook 12-18-2014 02:50 AM

Thanks...fun challenge.

here is my card:

The Big Day

Cards are me 12-19-2014 08:08 AM

Paula, thank your for a fun challenge, I always enjoy using watercolors. Here is my card:

Christmas Angel by Cards are me - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

mrslaird 12-19-2014 12:55 PM

Hey, y'all! I will catch up on your gorgeous creations tonight! This week has been all traffic jams and school parties! Just didn't want you thinking I forgot you!

smadson 12-20-2014 07:01 PM

Here is my card For Chuck. Thank you for the challenge. I am done with all the VSN challenges a day early! Yay! Now to clean my craft room, because the family is coming for a week! :)

andib 12-20-2014 09:33 PM

Sorry, I made a Valentine's card. I did watercolor the background. Thanks for the challenge.

Watercolored Valentine in December by andib - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

scootsv 12-21-2014 02:46 PM

Paula, thanks for being hostess and thanks for the challenge. I do not know if I took the "WATER" in the right light. I used water to paint!

Here is my Texas Snowman with WATER card

FayeMakesCards 12-21-2014 04:00 PM

Here is my watercolor card for this challenge...

Anniversary VSNDEC14K by kramomma - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers