Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Virtual Stamp Night Archive (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/virtual-stamp-night-archive-327/)
-   -   Sunshine Box by ohmypaper! ~ Friday, March 18th - 8 pm EST - MAR16VSND (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/virtual-stamp-night-archive-327/sunshine-box-ohmypaper-%7E-friday-march-18th-8-pm-est-mar16vsnd-608353/)

ohmypaper! 02-11-2016 04:02 PM

Sunshine Box by ohmypaper! ~ Friday, March 18th - 8 pm EST - MAR16VSND

5 Attachment(s)
Challenge Title: Sunshine Box
Hostess: Angie (ohmypaper!)
Keyword: MAR16VSND
Date: Friday, March 18th

Hello, everyone! Are you ready for some sunshine? Our winter has been very warm but the sun has been absent more than usual which makes this weekend's theme, even more, fun!

When I googled the word "sunshine", a Pinterest board popped up with "sunshine boxes". The idea is to fill a box full of sunshine-colored items and send it off to cheer up a friend.

My challenge is to create a card with an image or embellishment of something you could fit into a sunshine box. The sky is the limit on this so long as the image or item is YELLOW and could fit in a box!

Below is a photo of a sunshine box I gave to a friend, feel free to choose something from my box or come up with your own item, just make sure it's yellow!

http://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spli...349ff85d8b.jpg

View the gallery for this challenge: HERE
View the Here Comes The Sun gallery: HERE
View the Here Comes The Sun Challenge Thread: HERE

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10 P. M. EST ON Sunday, March 27.
2. You have 1 hour to complete the challenge, unless otherwise noted.....you do not have to count prep time!
3. We have a special gallery for the Here Comes The Sun VSN.
a) From the "Main Gallery" dropdown list on the first page of the uploader, choose Events and Special Collections.
b) From the Sub-gallery dropdown list, choose Virtual Stamping and Scrapbooking Nights ~ it's the last in the list.
c) From the new sub-gallery dropdown list choose Here Comes The Sun - it's the very top of the list.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
5. Please do not combine VSN challenges...but you may combine any other challenges with a VSN challenge!

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen. THANKS SO MUCH FOR PLAYING ALONG!!!

ohmypaper! 03-18-2016 04:02 PM

Hello, everyone!!! I hope you are enjoying our sunny challenges so far.

LuvLee 03-18-2016 04:04 PM

Have a sunshiney BOX!!

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/square.gif

tessaduck 03-18-2016 04:12 PM

Here you go, Angie: MAR16VSND you color my world (closed) and MAR16VSND you color my world (open)

Shoe Girl 03-18-2016 04:15 PM

Super fantastic challenge Angie, I love flowers especially when they get delivered to me in a box at work. :D MAR16VSND, CAS Roses of Love by Shoe Girl - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

smadson 03-18-2016 04:17 PM

Am still thinking about this one. :) All the samples are beautiful!

berlycece 03-18-2016 04:19 PM

This was lots of fun!

Virtual Sunny Greeting by berlycece - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

ohmypaper! 03-18-2016 04:28 PM

I love all the sunny yellow I see in the gallery!!!

smadson 03-18-2016 04:28 PM

All your cards are great! Why am I so blank? :)

ohmypaper! 03-18-2016 04:36 PM

Sharon, maybe you are tired? Sometimes when I am tired, I can't think of a thing. Do you have any food images? Cookies, candybars?

Covington Crafter 03-18-2016 04:42 PM

I'm so ready for some sunny warm weather. We got a few peeks yesterday and today, but we've had a lot of rain. So here's my sunshine box for me MAR16VSND Sunshine Bound by Covington Crafter - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

JBgreendawn 03-18-2016 04:45 PM

I love the idea of a sunshine box Angie... thinking...

smadson 03-18-2016 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohmypaper! (Post 21199706)
Sharon, maybe you are tired? Sometimes when I am tired, I can't think of a thing. Do you have any food images? Cookies, candybars?

yep, that is my problem! :) I will work on this tomorrow. It is a great challenge. I think I also have too many stamps to choose from. :)
I have yellow ribbon out, and yellow enamel dots, yellow flowers, just can't think what to do with them! LOL But I think you hit the nail on the heard. tired.

ohmypaper! 03-18-2016 04:48 PM

While you sleep you will think of something, Sharon! Happens to me all the time! :)

ohmypaper! 03-18-2016 04:50 PM

Carla, it's been so sunny and warm here. We are much warmer than normal this year. :( It's a bit much actually, especially knowing that 90's and high humidity are just around the corner. My in-laws are visiting and they went to FL during the week and are back now. They cut their trip short because mom was soooo hot down there. They will head back to MN this Sunday.

cnsteele 03-18-2016 04:57 PM

Cupcakes!

janeenk 03-18-2016 06:03 PM

Hi Angie, I'm not sure i can play in your challenge but I SURELY did appreciate the above sunshine box when received. i loved every item in it and showed it to dear friends when they came to visit. i have used many items and that sweet owl on my planter gets lots of comments. I love you. !!

CraftyMerla 03-18-2016 06:17 PM

I forgot to post my link on this thread. Where does the time go when you're having fun!

My Sunshine Box Card

annsforte3 03-18-2016 07:44 PM

Sunshine on cards!!

Hey Angie, fantastic challenge! Thank you for hosting!

Here are two cards that represent what I would place in a box for a friend!
Flowers, sequins, masking tape and sunshine hugs!!

Spring Day Sunshine

and

Hugs of Sunshine

lazylizard 03-18-2016 08:45 PM

Here's my card that would include pearls, sequins, and precut diecuts, as well as a few Primas from my stash!!
MAR16VSND by lazylizard - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

muscrat 03-19-2016 08:09 AM

Caught up this morning.
MAR16VSND sunshine cake by muscrat - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

smadson 03-19-2016 08:13 AM

Got mine! Have to photograph it. My Ott light just burned out!!

smadson 03-19-2016 08:30 AM

Here is Sunshine Tea.

Thank you Angie! Sorry, I was so slow thinking of something! :) In fact, a SCS friend Kelly thought of it for me! She knows I am into tea.

jeannemello 03-19-2016 08:46 AM

http://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spli...28e229a287.jpg
Here's my Sunshine box card.
Made it last night, the Stickles had to dry. This was fun!

peeps321 03-19-2016 10:42 AM

What a fun idea! Here's my card....thanks for the challenge Angie!!

Relax and Enjoy the Sunshine

LuvLee 03-19-2016 10:43 AM

Here you go....yellow candy dots and maybe a bird or two after all Angie! ;)

MAR16VSND Yellow Crazy by LuvLee - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

JBgreendawn 03-19-2016 04:23 PM

Ooh I love that box, I think I want to start gathering yellow stuff to do that. ( so cool)
anyways... it's probably not what you were expecting but, I had fun with this...
MAR16VSND, Spring Chick by JBgreendawn - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

uncbballfan 03-19-2016 05:56 PM

I absolutely loved doing this challenge! Just now getting started... but if other ideas come to me as easily as this one, it won't take me long to make some progress.

Here's my card: Sunshine in a Box (uncbballfan) by uncbballfan - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

JanetJ 03-19-2016 06:58 PM

This challenge reminded me of WishRAK when I've sent things to people.

MAR16VSND - Sunflowers by JanetJ - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

hotwheels 03-20-2016 11:36 AM

Here's my card challenge thanks hotwheels
Sunshine Box card by hotwheels - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Jay_Bee 03-21-2016 02:22 PM

Busy, busy here but had to do your challenge Angie - here is my card
MAR16VSND_TLC578 by Jay_Bee - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

T. Joy 03-21-2016 02:37 PM

Here's some happy!

A Box of Happy by T. Joy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

CAKath 03-21-2016 05:33 PM

MARVSN16D A Sunny Greeting by CAKath - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Enclosing my Get Well card. As it turns out my BFF is having some surgery tomorrow, so this will be for her along with a dinner for her family. Thanks for a great challenge, Angie. I am not finding the VSN gallery to attach my card there.

Kelly H 03-21-2016 07:24 PM

I used a set that I don't own, so it was extra fun to color with my Spectrum Noir markers.

MAR16VSND Sunshine Sympathy by Kelly H - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Nynaeve252 03-25-2016 02:49 PM

Thanks for the challenge!

Sunny Candy Treats

pvilbaum 03-25-2016 07:51 PM

Here's my little bit of Sunshine in a Box!
Chick in a Box by pvilbaum - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers