Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 10-23-2011, 12:28 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Winter Wonderland VSN MINI Master Challenge Thread

Title: Head In The Clouds
Hostess: Theresa aka Misstreez
Keyword: DEC11VSNMINI5
Day/Date: Friday, November 11th
Time: 9:00pm EST

One year we took our children to the snow for a day trip. It was a lovely pleasant drive thru the valleys to get to the base of the mountain. Then we started our ascent. UP UP UP we went. And when we got to the top we could hardly see but 200m (220 yards) in front of us. We were way up in the CLOUDS.

Tonight's challenge is to make a card featuring CLOUDS. The CLOUDS can be stamped, die cut, inked with masks or stencils, patterned paper, or even hand made. So get your head into the CLOUDS and show us where your imagination takes you.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Monday November 14.
2. You have 45 minutes to complete the challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, DEC11VSNMINI5 , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Winter Wonderland VSN MINI Master Challenge Thread

We will post a copy of all of tonight's challenges here in this thread so you can find them easily
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Title: Warm and Cozy and ALL Bundled Up
Hostess: Lisa Henke (lisahenke)
Keyword: DEC11VSNMINI1
Day/Date: Friday, Nov 11
Time: 5 pm EST

It's November and the cold weather is moving in. I am NOT a huge fan of cold weather, even though I've lived in the Midwest my entire life. I would be quite content if it snowed only in the month's of December and January. It's no secret, I like to be warm and cozy. No better way to do that, than to bundle up!

My challenge is��for you to make a card or project with an image of a something you'd bundle up with....scarf, hats, mittens, sweater, blanket, etc.....AND to make it warm and cozy....... incorporate felt into your project.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, DEC11VSNMINI1 , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen.

Here are a few samples I did to get your creative juices flowing! Remember to have fun. I can't wait to see what you create!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DEC11VSNMINI1-ski chick.jpg-wm.jpg (56.5 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg DEC11VSNMINI1-winter joy mitten.jpg-wm.jpg (49.6 KB, 23 views)
Stazon Splitcoast

Title: A Marshmallow World
Hostess: FibreJunky
Keyword: DEC11VSNMINI2
Time: 6:00pm EST

Since winter means snow, and snow is white, make an all white card. Too make it pretty, like freshly fallen snow (none of that yellow stuff around here!!), add something shimmery or sparkly. Glitter, shimmer mist, bling...add a little or a lot, but something must shine.

Yes, you may use an image that is not white, provided no less than 75% of a multi-layered card is white. Only the image, or parts there-of, may be in colour. Attached is an example.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN MINI CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Monday November 14.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, DEC11VSNMINI2 , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg etsy100.jpg (74.2 KB, 38 views)
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 165 Likes on 130 Posts

Title: Jingle Bell Rock
Hostess: Kelly (sunstamper)
Keyword: DEC11VSNMINI3
Time: 7:00pm EST

My favorite thing about the holiday season is listening to all the wonderful Christmas music. From the day after Thanksgiving through Christmas Day, I drive my family crazy with holiday music from Glen Miller to the Bare Naked Ladies. (They really do have an awesome Christmas CD!) Certain songs bring back such nice holiday memories of my childhood.

My favorite holiday song is "Silver Bells". It brings back memories of shopping with my mom and being amazed at the hustle and bustle of the other shoppers, the colorful lights and decorations, and standing in line to get my picture taken with Santa.

Your challenge is to create a card that represents your favorite holiday song. Use at least two layers and two embellishments (i. e. ribbon, brads, something shiny). You get extra points if you share with us why the song is your favorite!

Thanks for playing along. Happy Holidays!

UPLOADING/CHALLENGE INSTRUCTIONS:
1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00PM EST ON MONDAY, December 12th.

3. Please remember to put the correct keyword, DEC11VSNMINI3, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

4. Remember, there's no combining VSN challenges.

5. Post a link to your creation in this thread to be sure your card is seen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Silver Bells.jpg (80.6 KB, 18 views)

March to the Beat Round 4

Baker’s Dozen Round 37
Pearl-ExPert

Title: Let it Snow
Hostess: Anitamocha
Keyword: DEC11VSNMINI4
Time: 8:00pm EST

When I think of winter, I think of snow. Since I am in CA, I don't get snow so I am challenging you to create your own snow.

My challenge is for you to make a card or project using Flower Soft, Flocking or something along those lines on your card or project.

Here is a tutorial for making your own Flower Soft.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, DEC11VSNMINI4, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VSN FS AA sm.jpg (20.5 KB, 20 views)
Watercolor Wizard

Title: Get Out the Salt!
Hostess: Carole K (ckbythesea)
Keyword: DEC11VSNMINI6
Day/Date: Friday, Nov 11th
Time: 10:00pm EST

We don't get much snow here at the beach. But when we do have snow and ice, the businesses in town don't want anyone slipping and falling on their sidewalks, especially our large population of retirees! So they get out the salt!

Tonight we are going to get out the salt and salt those icy sidewalks! My challenge is to use the Salted Background technique to create a piece for your card or other project. I have linked a tutorial below for you, but here are a few notes of my own:

The main specialty item you will need is glossy cardstock. Salt: plain old table salt works fine if you don't have "chunkier" varieties like rock salt. You will need something to watercolor with (water color brush or aqua-painter). When choosing your dye ink, two or more colors is really fun, but with just one you still can achieve a nice subtle effect. To speed up drying time you can use a heat tool.

If you are adventurous and want something BOLD, try a brayer to apply the ink in layers of color, spinkle on salt and spray some water on with a mister. The purple sample (1) below was created with a brayer. Fun!

Check out Beth's tutorial HERE

View the gallery for this challenge HERE

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 8:00 PM EST Monday Nov. 14th
2. You have 45 minutes to complete your project for the challenge. (You can speed up drying time with a heat tool or even a hair dryer!)
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, DEC11VSNMINI6 , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos. It is also recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen.
4. HAVE FUN!

See samples below: (1) my Brayered Salt, (2) my Salty Snowmen, (3) Michelle's (Tygerpaws11) Salted Bells
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VSN Brayered Salt.jpg (49.3 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg Salty Sky.jpg (42.1 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 6-saltedbells.jpg (2.2 KB, 147 views)