Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-12-2005, 04:47 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,129 Likes on 972 Posts
Question Wouldn't it be great if...

...we could program somehow, so that as each new VSN challenged is announced, we received an email telling us the information? I had a hard time keeping track of what, when, how, etc., because the threads kept changing order.

Just a thought...
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2005, 05:20 AM   #2  
Bunny's SunnyChick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilter
...we could program somehow, so that as each new VSN challenged is announced, we received an email telling us the information? I had a hard time keeping track of what, when, how, etc., because the threads kept changing order.

Just a thought...
Unfortunately the threads keep changing order as posts bump them back to the top. I honestly don't think some would have time to go back & forth between emails and VSN. I really think since there is so many participants that it would be hard for emails to be sent out to everyone. I would hate to overload the system anymore than is absolutely neccessary. KWIM?

But it is confusing for new players when the new times go back towards the bottom of the screen. So, I totally understand what you are saying.
Tracy H. #31511=)
"The beginning is always today!" Mary Shelley

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2005, 05:44 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

It would have to be something that was computer generated, & we'd have to sign up before hand. But you're right, it would probably just add some overload to the system. Sure wouldn't want to do that!
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2005, 07:39 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Would it help to keep referring to a master list of the VSN challenges? As each new challenge arises, there would be its new link added to the list. Here's what I mean:

Master list of NOVVSN challenges

Then one would just keep refreshing the page to see the new challenge.
Just an idea.

.:Cris:.

Want to join the SCS Fan Club?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2005, 07:53 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Oh, I think that is a good idea -- and it could be stickied -- so it wouldn't bounce around!

Help us create a StampinUp Gallery Index

Last edited by kthaman; 12-12-2005 at 02:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2005, 08:05 AM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by avonlea
Would it help to keep referring to a master list of the VSN challenges? As each new challenge arises, there would be its new link added to the list. Here's what I mean:

Just an idea.

Thats a great idea!!!!!!! I got confused a couple times last time..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2005, 10:05 AM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

one of the things that made NOVVSN difficult was teh fact that it got started late... and challenges were being thrown out every 5-10 minutes or so until they got caught up. That shouldn't be the case this time. I'm gonna chat with Tracy, Queen VSN Hostess, about what we can do to make it easier. I have some ideas...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2005, 10:34 AM   #8  
Bunny's SunnyChick

Quote:

Originally Posted by avonlea

Just an idea.

Actually I had already planned to do one. But mine will be posted before VSN and updated for each upcoming challenge. The first post will contain the time of each challenge and maybe the Hostess Divas name but not the challenge info until time for it to start. That should help.
Tracy H. #31511=)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2005, 10:43 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Another thing that might also help is if all the thread titles were in the same format. I know last time some people included the time in the thread and others didn't. So if all the thread titles included: keyword, time, the challenge name, and whatever else is needed. That way people can look and see by time what the order is. Just a thought cause I was also one of those people getting really confused in Nov.

Last edited by Samwich; 12-12-2005 at 10:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2005, 10:58 AM   #10  
Bunny's SunnyChick

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samwich
Another thing that might also help is if all the thread titles were in the same format. I know last time some people included the time in the thread and others didn't. So if all the thread titles included: keyword, time, the challenge name, and whatever else is needed. That way people can look and see by time what the order is. Just a thought cause I was also one of those people getting really confused in Nov.
It is so funny that you say that. Denise (VSN DIVA~see above post) and I were just discussing this same topic...
and I was telling her that I had that covered. She has pointed out to me that maybe concerned participants do not *know* that I have it covered...Let me share with you ladies...

Jenn Balcer and I discussed the fact that titles for the challenges will need to be uniform before we even chose a date (i think,same time frame anyway).

The DIVAS will be using the same format for VSN and I will be posting a thread that lists when the challenges are scheduled. Actually you will know the VSN schedule but not the challenge until time for it to begin. The details of the challenge, etc. will be updated as neccessary.

I hope that helps ease everyone's mind. Thank You!

Thank You to Denise for your concerns and help as well! She is doing a great job ladies...Karen Thanks to you also. The DIVAS are fabulous! If I haven't already thought of it they will and they are so good about sharing their concerns. THANKS!
Tracy H. #31511=)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2005, 03:34 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Me and my VSN crew each have a master list of Hostess names/times printed which I first convert by adding our correct time next to the Central time. So when one of us check the computer for a new challenge we know which Hostess name we are looking for and the sheet also is used to write the stamp set names down and other info which helps at upload time ( now that's a run on sentence, whew! )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2005, 03:43 PM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampingdenise
one of the things that made NOVVSN difficult was teh fact that it got started late... and challenges were being thrown out every 5-10 minutes or so until they got caught up. That shouldn't be the case this time. I'm gonna chat with Tracy, Queen VSN Hostess, about what we can do to make it easier. I have some ideas...
I'm sure that was a lot of my problem. Nov. was the first time I participated. What are the "NORMAL" time frames for each new challenge to be issued? Maybe that would help me. Last time, I'd go work on a card & when I got back to the computer, there were 2 more challenges posted. Did I just pick a 'bad' month to participate?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2005, 04:21 PM   #13  
Bunny's SunnyChick

Quote:

I'm sure that was a lot of my problem. Nov. was the first time I participated. What are the "NORMAL" time frames for each new challenge to be issued? Maybe that would help me. Last time, I'd go work on a card & when I got back to the computer, there were 2 more challenges posted. Did I just pick a 'bad' month to participate?
Not really a bad month just the month that all of the system changes had just switched over so there was still a few problems that arose...Normally, the challenges are posted every 45 mins with Bonus Challenges sprinkled throughout the evening for added fun!
Tracy H. #31511=)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2005, 04:23 PM   #14  
Bunny's SunnyChick

My VSN Crew and I do this as well. Actually, I do this for them and share...So, that we can keep up. Last month some of my gals couldn't even figure out the system so they did not actually start VSN until I arrived @ 9:25 P.M. WHEW, what a night! We had a blast but went without sleep!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jstarbright
Me and my VSN crew each have a master list of Hostess names/times printed which I first convert by adding our correct time next to the Central time. So when one of us check the computer for a new challenge we know which Hostess name we are looking for and the sheet also is used to write the stamp set names down and other info which helps at upload time ( now that's a run on sentence, whew! )
Tracy H. #31511=)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2005, 03:45 AM   #15  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin-sunnychick
Not really a bad month just the month that all of the system changes had just switched over so there was still a few problems that arose...Normally, the challenges are posted every 45 mins with Bonus Challenges sprinkled throughout the evening for added fun!
Every 45 minutes sounds like something I can handle. Last month, I kinda felt like I was outta breath trying to keep up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2005, 05:17 AM   #16  
Abbe-licious

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin-sunnychick
It is so funny that you say that. Denise (VSN DIVA~see above post) and I were just discussing this same topic...
and I was telling her that I had that covered. She has pointed out to me that maybe concerned participants do not *know* that I have it covered...Let me share with you ladies...

Jenn Balcer and I discussed the fact that titles for the challenges will need to be uniform before we even chose a date (i think,same time frame anyway).

The DIVAS will be using the same format for VSN and I will be posting a thread that lists when the challenges are scheduled. Actually you will know the VSN schedule but not the challenge until time for it to begin. The details of the challenge, etc. will be updated as neccessary.

I hope that helps ease everyone's mind. Thank You!

Thank You to Denise for your concerns and help as well! She is doing a great job ladies...Karen Thanks to you also. The DIVAS are fabulous! If I haven't already thought of it they will and they are so good about sharing their concerns. THANKS!
you and Jenn and Denise are the WOMEN!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2005, 07:46 AM   #17  
Bunny's SunnyChick

Quote:

Every 45 minutes sounds like something I can handle. Last month, I kinda felt like I was outta breath trying to keep up.
Yes, much more doable than last months fiasco...Lucky for us by Jan I am sure the system will be "kink free"...Woo Hoo for DAVEN & the SCS CREW!
Tracy H. #31511=)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2005, 07:48 AM   #18  
Bunny's SunnyChick

:oops: K~ You are just too much!~T

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrabbyAbbe
you and Jenn and Denise are the WOMEN!!!
Tracy H. #31511=)

Reply With Quote Likes