Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Virtual Stamp Night Archive (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/virtual-stamp-night-archive-327/)
-   -   NOV 2005 VSN will be on...... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/virtual-stamp-night-archive-327/nov-2005-vsn-will-89283/)

MonTigg 09-27-2005 11:16 PM

NOV 2005 VSN will be on......

THIS IS AN OLD THREAD FROM YEARS AGO.

FOR THE 2009 NOVEMBER VSN, PLEASE SEE THIS THREAD:

VSNNOV09

--------------------------------------------------
November 19th YEAH mark your calendars! I will keep ya posted on info in a week- let us get over our VSN hangovers!! I will send a shout out for hostess volunteers in about a week! If you wanna jump the gun and start helping you can always start sending prizes and postage my addy is:

Aubrey Edwards
91-187 Makalea St
Ewa Beach, Hi 96706

Or if it is easier for you I can take financial paypal donations to my e-mail addy [email protected] to use to buy prizes and/or cover postage (please make a note on the paypal e-mail if you have a prefrence on what you want the money to go to)! If you decide to donate either way please include your SCS and real name! THANKS!!

elliesmom 09-28-2005 06:34 AM

I'll be there!!

Amanda_Sewell 09-28-2005 07:35 AM

Might I recommend that people do remember to donate to postage. It is easiest through paypal -- I spent over $100 on postage and envelopes . . . JUST FYI!!!

Also, remember when sending prizes not to send heavy things and send things that fit in an 8 1/2 x 11 envelope -- both of these thing will make it cheaper and easier for Aubrey to send the stuff out! ;)

I am excited Aubrey!!!!

MonTigg 09-28-2005 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amanda_Sewell
Might I recommend that people do remember to donate to postage. It is easiest through paypal -- I spent over $100 on postage and envelopes . . . JUST FYI!!!

I am excited Aubrey!!!!

Awsome reminder I have a thread started with the paypal addy and everything! Please check it out or PM me with any questions!!!

KariLuvs2Stamp 09-28-2005 06:26 PM

Sorry-I know this is totally off the subject Aubrey but my husband's family is totally fr Ewa Beach!! Now what are the chances of that!??

raduse 09-28-2005 07:23 PM

Aubrey are we going to keep the same start/end times, or move it up to help out the approval process so Jenn and Beate don't have to sit in front of their 'puters on a Sunday again.

MonTigg 09-28-2005 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raduse
Aubrey are we going to keep the same start/end times, or move it up to help out the approval process so Jenn and Beate don't have to sit in front of their 'puters on a Sunday again.

Times are the same! Jenn said we are we gonna try for it- If things go crazy I will move judging back!

MonTigg 09-28-2005 09:33 PM

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU lizb for the Paypal donation - it's in my account safely and will be used for the wonderful upcoming NOV VSN!!! YEAH

avonlea 09-29-2005 07:54 AM

Time Zones for November's VSN

Woo hoo!!! NOVVSN #6!!!

Here are most local times for November's Virtual Stamp Night 6, which is Saturday, November 19th!!!!! :D

• Newfoundland, Canada: 9:15 pm-2:30 am
  • Atlantic Time Zone: 7:45 pm-2:00 am
  • Eastern Time: 6:45 pm-1:00 am
  • Central (& Saskatchewan): 5:45 pm-12:00am
  • Mountain (& Arizona): 4:45 pm-11:00 pm
  • Pacific: 3:45 pm-10:00 pm
  • Alaska: 2:45 pm-9:00 pm
  • Hawaii: 1:45 pm-8:00 pm
  • Indiana: see NOTE below

Just in case... :D
  • Buenos Aires, Argentina: 20:45 Saturday - 03:00 Sunday
  • Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: 21:45 Saturday - 04:00 Sunday
  • London, England: 23:45 SAT. - 06:00 SUN.
  • Central Europe: 00:45(am) SUNDAY- 07:00 Sunday
  • Eastern Europe (example: Finland): 01:45(am) SUNDAY - 08:00 SUN.
  • Singapore & Hong Kong & Perth (Australia): 07:45(am) SUNDAY - 13:00 SUNDAY <---correction
  • Tokyo: 08:45am SUNDAY- 14:00 SUN. <---correction
  • Sydney & Melbourne, Australia: 10:45am SUNDAY- 15:00PM SUN. <---correction

Please tell me if I've missed your local time zone and I'll update the list. This is to serve as a tool to help you figure out when to join us. :)

Indiana: There are 2 times depending in which county you live.
Eastern Standard Time, 6:45 pm-1:00 am: - for *all but* the 10 counties below.
Central Standard Time, 5:45 pm-12:00am: Gibson, Jasper, Lake, LaPorte, Newton, Porter, Posey, Spencer, Vanderburgh, Warrick

avonlea 09-29-2005 08:15 AM

An Analogy for newcomers

Aubrey; I hope it's ok with you for me to post an analogy which might help some who still don't *get it*?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~An analogy~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
(for people who don't know what VSN is about)

*Imagine* that you're going over to someone's house to make a bunch of cards. Imagine that there will be a dozen or so people who will take turns "teaching" a technique or design or challenge every 45 minutes. You're taking your supplies with you but you have *no idea* what you'll be making!
  • MonTigg (Aubrey) will be like the "demonstrator" to whose house you're going.
  • The 10+ members of Splitcoaststampers whom she'll be recruiting will be the "hostesses".
  • Aubrey's "house" is this very same sub-Forum; The Virtual Stamp Night forum. Look up towards the top left and you'll see:
    Splitcoaststampers > Stamping Stuff > Splitcoast Challenges > Virtual Stamp Night
  • Each of the hostesses will be picking different cards for little prizes! Oh, and there might be bonus rounds!! Woot!
  • No, you *don't have to* use only Stampin' Up! products. :)

Click here for the Guidelines on how to post.

Click here for excellent directions on how to upload your cards!

Please ask if you have any questions!

PS this is the *perfect* opportunity to organize/tidy up your stamp space! ;)

jstarbright 09-29-2005 07:17 PM

Isn't Avonlea the bestest helper ever!!!!!!!!!

FrogdReameR 09-29-2005 07:52 PM

Ok so I'm still al ittle lost...

do we just upload a pic or two of what we are teaching w/instructions? I'm not fully getting it...if I can understand it I will participate and even be a hostess if needed(This is all if someone can help me fully understand)

TIA

avonlea 09-29-2005 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jstarbright

Tee-hee; I love helping & I love stamping. And isn't SCS the bestest stamping community? :D

avonlea 09-29-2005 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrogdReameR
do we just upload a pic or two of what we are teaching w/instructions? I'm not fully getting it...if I can understand it I will participate and even be a hostess if needed(This is all if someone can help me fully understand)

TIA

Aubrey (MonTigg) will be selecting a dozen or so hostesses who send her a PM indicating they'd like to host (& come up with) a challenge. The rest of us get to stamp & party with everyone else...only it's online.

I'll give you an example from this past Saturday's September VSN. Before the start, 5:45pm Central, there were no challenge threads started. At 5:45pm, this first one showed up:
SEPTVSNX - 5:45 - "THE MASK"

Have a look in there to see how things unravelled. The idea is to finish a challenge in 45 minutes or less. You don't have to do all the challenges throughout the night, either; just as many as you can.:)

You have until 12noon Central (ie. 12 hours after the end of the last challenge) to upload your creation. Oh, and lil' prizes are handed out (which people donate to Aubrey).

Clear as mud? If you still don't get it, say so, and we'll try to help. :)

FrogdReameR 09-30-2005 05:00 AM

Guess what......

I think I actually get it... I make the card/whatever using the technique posted by hostess, within 45 mins. of starting, then upload it w/title(all caps) assigned to that hostess as keyword by 12 noon the next day...then hostess judges for top 3 (plus a few extra so there are no two time winners) ...then winners are notified and prizes are sent out...

is that it???

did I get it right?

avonlea 09-30-2005 07:18 AM

woo hoo

You got it!!!!!! Congrats!! :D

Now, here's your lil' prize of brads:

j-me 10-02-2005 05:23 AM

CAN'T WAIT....CAN'T WAIT!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!

It seems like a LOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG way off until the 19th.
But I am getting prizes out to you this week...

VSN was the BEST thing I have ever done on the computer...In Nov I hope to have a party at either my house or a SU friends house...

Thanks for all your hard work
j-me

jstarbright 10-02-2005 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j-me
CAN'T WAIT....CAN'T WAIT!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!

It seems like a LOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG way off until the 19th.
But I am getting prizes out to you this week...

VSN was the BEST thing I have ever done on the computer...In Nov I hope to have a party at either my house or a SU friends house...

Thanks for all your hard work
j-me

Do us Michigan girls know how to party or what!!! LOL, I am so glad you had fun and are coming back for more!

Boulderstamper 10-02-2005 07:49 PM

Bummer...we fly out earlier that day for Thanksgiving Vacation on the east coast. :( Have fun everyone and hopefully I will be around for the December one.

MonTigg 10-02-2005 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jstarbright

Thanks for keeping questions answered and helping out while I was goofing off with 52 other hotties and stamping in TX I am back and ready to get back in the swing of things!!
I know VSN seems like a long time away but it's gonna sneek up faster then you know! Please send any prizes you'd like to donate and I will be posting a thread looking for some hostesses probably tommrow or Tuesday!!! CAN"T WAIT!!

MonTigg 10-03-2005 07:27 AM

keeping it bumped up...

badmom66666 10-03-2005 05:10 PM

Nov VSN will be on....

Okay, Dumb (blonde<that would be me) question here...with the temporary restriction taking place will a nonpaying member be able to upload their cards to be judged?

and this is to JSTARBRIGHT.........guess what I want for Christmas, giggle giggle, hehehehe, why a membership to SCS. Ask yourself, is she worth it? Answer, why yes, she is priceless....lmao

FrogdReameR 10-03-2005 05:22 PM

yes they will be able to according to "the powers that be" ;) the gallery will be open by the end of Oct. at least to my understanding.

jstarbright 10-03-2005 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badmom66666
Okay, Dumb (blonde<that would be me) question here...with the temporary restriction taking place will a nonpaying member be able to upload their cards to be judged?

and this is to JSTARBRIGHT.........guess what I want for Christmas, giggle giggle, hehehehe, why a membership to SCS. Ask yourself, is she worth it? Answer, why yes, she is priceless....lmao

You are pricelees that is for sure!

Boulderstamper 10-04-2005 07:19 AM

Anyone live in the Fall River/New Bedford area in Mass and want company for VSN??? This is gonna kill me to not be able to play. :(

MonTigg 10-04-2005 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badmom66666

It's my understanding everything should be ready and back to normal for non-paying members by Nov so we should be fine and everyone can play!

christman 09-07-2009 09:00 AM

simplyscrappin

I would like to check this out. Never have done this before.

naturecoastcrafter 09-08-2009 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christman (Post 15072616)
I would like to check this out. Never have done this before.

This is an OLD post from 2005! This doesn't refer to the current VSN--See the posts dated more recently for the information on the upcoming VSN--closer to the top.