Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-06-2006, 09:18 PM   #1  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation MAY 06 VSN Feedback Thread

Please post your thoughts and opinions regarding the May VSN Fiesta. The new coordinators will read all of your feedback as they plan the next VSN.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2006, 10:45 PM   #2  
Mad Swapper

I am so thrilled to be able to participate!! I never really paid attention to VSN because I always thought I'd be asleep while you were playing due to the time zone thing, but I popped in and whoa, you guys were getting busy! Yea for me, I can play!

Since this is my very first VSN, I don't have any technical comments to make, I think they were all fun to do. I picked here and there what I would be able to do or have instant inspiration on. One thing I can say is continue having it at these times for those of us around the world who want to play too! SCS is global baby!

Thanks to all the VSN Mamasitas that enabled this one to happen! You rock ladies!! Viva May06 VSN!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2006, 11:57 PM   #3  
Bunny's SunnyChick

Default Thank You so very much!

I had a blast...stayed up WAY TOO LATE...but by choice. You gals ROCK! Thanks!
I have only one suggestion...please add a link to the chat thread in the Challenge Post...that is all I can think of for now.
It was smooth sailing with very little "tech difficulties"! Congrats on a successful VSN!
Tracy H. #31511=)
"The beginning is always today!" Mary Shelley

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2006, 03:27 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Great job everyone..thanks for the challenges...Stayed up late and had some fun all by myself... felt like I was at a virtual party... SCS rocks!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2006, 03:44 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Stamp'n In The Light

Received 276 Likes on 189 Posts

I couldn't stamp this time around, but had a blast seeing all the creativity at work here. I would love to still see kids challenges continue with the next VSN. I thought it was a great idea to have one each day. This way the kids can participate.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2006, 04:30 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

What a great VSN! Thanks to everyone who made it possible. I had such great fun -- but boy am I tired.... LOL

The only suggestions I have are:

1. Put a link to the corresponding chat thread in each master challenge post.

2. Identify what time the children's challenges begin and what time the adult challenges begin.

While I was not stamping with any children, I just assumed the first challenges during each day were kids' only challenges because that's the way it was for the last VSN (and the numbering of the schedule was similar enough to the MARVSN that it made me think that too) -- so it threw me off and I got a late start both days and had to play catch up.

I would also think that having a kids' challenge posted at the same time as an adult challenge would preclude an adult who is stamping with younger children to stamp in the adult challenge at the same time.

However, this was one of the funnest VSN's I've participated in yet! The challenges were great fun and I really enjoyed my weekend of stamping. Even though I'm a little under the weather and didn't have enough steam to do all of the challenges, I had a GREAT time!!!!

Thanks again to everyone who makes VSN possible! Let's continue to support SCS with our monetary donations to VSN for gift certificates to the store or Fan Club memberships. Love that VSN helps raise money for SCS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2006, 05:55 AM   #7  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin' andrea
What a great VSN! Thanks to everyone who made it possible. I had such great fun -- but boy am I tired.... LOL

The only suggestions I have are:

1. Put a link to the corresponding chat thread in each master challenge post.

2. Identify what time the children's challenges begin and what time the adult challenges begin.

While I was not stamping with any children, I just assumed the first challenges during each day were kids' only challenges because that's the way it was for the last VSN (and the numbering of the schedule was similar enough to the MARVSN that it made me think that too) -- so it threw me off and I got a late start both days and had to play catch up.

I would also think that having a kids' challenge posted at the same time as an adult challenge would preclude an adult who is stamping with younger children to stamp in the adult challenge at the same time.

However, this was one of the funnest VSN's I've participated in yet! The challenges were great fun and I really enjoyed my weekend of stamping. Even though I'm a little under the weather and didn't have enough steam to do all of the challenges, I had a GREAT time!!!!

Thanks again to everyone who makes VSN possible! Let's continue to support SCS with our monetary donations to VSN for gift certificates to the store or Fan Club memberships. Love that VSN helps raise money for SCS!

Several places in the VSN forum stated that both days would start with a kids challenge AND a bonus challenge to run at the same time. We felt everyone was so excited about VSN, why not everyone start at the same time!!

Here's two posts: Post #35
Post #5

Last edited by studbo; 05-07-2006 at 06:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2006, 06:17 AM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

I had a blast.

I had a hard time with the last challenge requiring sewing because I was so tired. It was probably just me but an easier last challenge might have worked better for me.

I learned some new techniques which will be great to replicate. I thought it was important that in one of the difficult challenges it said that you might have to try this more than once to get the effect you are looking for. It made me feel better that if I had any problems with it that I would just try again!!!!!!!

I loved being a hostess and learned about the place to put children's stamping creations. It might have been helpful to put that part right in the write up. I feel bad that only one card from my challenge actually ended up in the I'd like to thank the little people section.

As a first time hostess it might be helpful to tell people to look all over the place for their challenge cards, because I had some in MAY06VSNG, some in MAYVSNG and one in the I'd like to thank the little people. I found it very helpful that someone suggested that I put the one's in different places into my faves so that I will have easy access once Coll and I are ready to judge.

I felt so supported by Linda and Cris and all the other hostesses. I completed all but one challenge and have some really cool cards to show for my efforts. Thanks for everything. I hope to be a hostess in July as well.

Happy Paper Craft Happenings
Right at Home Scrapbooking Permanent Design Team Member
Designing for The Twinery
Designing for House of Cards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2006, 06:48 AM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

An awesome VSN. I had a great time - did 4 Friday night challenges and 7 last night. I had a really good time. I thought everything was perfect. The challenges were great - thanks to all hostesses. The number of challenges was just right. 45m is just the right amount of time. The site behaved like a dream. Uploads were approved instantaneously.

I had a ball. I can't think of anyuthing I'd change (except the organization of my stuff and space in my kitchen!!).

Thanks to all the coordinators, hosts/hostesses and all at SCS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2006, 06:52 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Red face

[QUOTE=studbo]Several places in the VSN forum stated that both days would start with a kids challenge AND a bonus challenge to run at the same time. We felt everyone was so excited about VSN, why not everyone start at the same time!!
QUOTE]

OOOOPS!!! I thought I had done a good job of keeping up with all of the latest news for the VSN -- I guess I need to read more thoroughly next time.

Once again, great job everyone. I really do think this was the best one yet!!!

(Hanging my head down in shame for not paying close enough attention.....)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2006, 08:05 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

May VSN was filled with fun and creative challenges--thanks to all the hosts/coordinators for a great job--so well organized. Only wish I had the time to do more of them, but really enjoy seeing all the fantastic creations everyone entered. MUCHO GRACIAS to all who put in their time and effort to make this fiesta a real success--maravilloso!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2006, 08:10 AM   #12  
Hardware Hotshot

First- I loved VSN!! The challenges were fun and well spaced. They make me think outside the box and stretch my brain. It has made me a better stamper.

I love that we support SCS through our donations for VSN. What a great way to continue the site that allows us to have such a great event.

Quote:

Originally Posted by studbo
Several places in the VSN forum stated that both days would start with a kids challenge AND a bonus challenge to run at the same time. We felt everyone was so excited about VSN, why not everyone start at the same time!!

Here's two posts: Post #35
Post #5
These comments about the timing of the kids challenges weren't posted until Thurs and Fri and I also missed them. I would like to see that info posted in the original post. I really love that we have the kids challenges even though I didn't get to stamp with my son this time. And I love that there was a kids challenge on both days.

Although I understand wanting to get VSN started, I'm not sure what I think about having an adult challenge at the same time as the kids challenge. If I had been stamping with my son, I would not have been able to do the adult challenge at that time and would have felt behind from the beginning. JMO.

I also missed the links to the chats in the challenge thread. I would like to see that added. I can't remember if there was a link from the chat back to the challenge, but I think it would be helpful to have one there too (if it wasn't already).

Thanks so much to everyone involved, especially all those behind the scenes. The cards were uploaded so quickly! I experienced very rare technical difficulties. Our coordinators and hosts deserve a raise!! Thanks for a great weekend!

Kandi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2006, 08:22 AM   #13  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My only suggestion would be to mix up the challenge choices a little better. There were at least 3 challenges that used re-inkers, if someone doesn't have any, then they cannot do those 3 challenges. KWIM?

I know there was a shopping list, but not everyone wants to spend alot of money for VSN.

Other than that I had a pretty good time, even though I was swamped with birthday preperations in between VSN challenges
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2006, 08:24 AM   #14  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks for all the hard work you put into this weekend! I really enjoyed learning some new techniques! It was my first time to play, and I had a ball! I was only able to do a few of the challenges, so I'm hoping to go back and try the others later, just for fun!

Thank you to everyone involved!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2006, 08:35 AM   #15  
Stampin' Fool

Fabulous job Cris, Linda, Senor & Senoritas! I didn't get to do them all like I wanted to with my three kids at my ankles all day! But I did plenty and had a great time!! I am already anxious for the next one!!

I thought it was a great idea to have a kids challenge and an adult challenge at the same time! And on both days! And with so many age categories! The fabulous thing about VSN is that you don't HAVE to play at the same time the challenge is posted so if you wanted to do the kids challenge with your kids at that time, you could catch up with the adult challenge later!! ;)

I would suggest the codes for the kids challenge have the word "KID" in it to avoid confusion with the "adult" codes. MAY06VSNKID for example!

I also agree that a link to the individual challenges chat thread would be nice to have in the master thread. But for those who have never been a coordinator, it adds some comlexity to the process! You have to post the challenge in the master challenge thread first (because if you post late, players get concerned) then you go find the chat thread posted by the host/hostess and copy the link and then edit the challenge in the master challenge thread to include the link. This timing inevitably means that the link won't be there right away when most people are checking the challenge anyway! So if the coordinators can manage it, great! If not, it is still pretty easy to find the right chat thread in the VSN forum!

Last edited by wagonwheelorchard; 05-07-2006 at 08:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2006, 09:20 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

I kept 2 windows open: on the Master Thread and another on the chat thread. If I had a question I would move from the general chat thread to the individual challenge chat thread and ask my question. I need the entire 45 minutes to stamp and help my friend find my stuff for her card so I don't have any time to spare to chat anyway, lol. Fantastic job everyone on this months VSN, I know I sound like a broken record but this event just keeps getting better and better!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2006, 10:01 AM   #17  
Mad Swapper

This was my first time participating and I had a great time. I could only do 4 this time - lots going on in this house - but still enjoyed the challenges. I'll be better prepared next time. I still have a lot to learn. I liked the challengs and needed the full 45 mins for the ones I was able to do. It's fun though pushing myself like that. Of course - one of the challenges needed to be to clean up my stamp room!!! It's a MESS!! LOL
Thanks for all of the hard work to those of you who put this together!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2006, 10:18 AM   #18  
Mad Swapper

Had a great time. I think in the past, I've done 3 or 4 of the challenges, but th is time, I TRIED so hard to get all the challenges done (that would have been a first for me.) Had to work a few hours Sat. morning so I only finished 15 of the challenges. A funny thing happened on Saturday. I was supposed to have a date Sat. night, and when my guy-friend called to say he had to cancel, I'm sure he was a bit surprised at my "NO PROBLEM!" response! (So I could keep on stamping!) I had tons of frustrations trying to upload my cards, but that's my computer's fault, no one elses. I agree that it seemed like the more difficult challenges on Saturday night when we couldn't see straight anymore was a little rough! Thanks for everyone's hard work. It was such a treat to share in all the creativity!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2006, 10:45 AM   #19  
Insane Embellisher

THANKS EVERYONE!!! I had a blast I love the rush!! I didn't start until 8pm last night I stayed up until 1:30am and had 8 cards made and uploaded. The last 3 were a bit challenging. I did make my stripes and string BG's before heading to bed then I finished this morning.
LOVE LOVE LOVE the new techniques learned!

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be."

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=55943
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2006, 10:51 AM   #20  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I had a great time participating in VSN this month! I really appreciate that everything was so well organized, and the instructions for each challenge were excellent. Great hostesses and host!!! Thanks for all your hard work!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2006, 11:18 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

This was my first time to participate in VSN and I only did Friday night since I was busy on Saturday. I really had a ball and I appreciate that I didn't have to do all of them on Friday night. I'm not a night person. So, I got up early on Saturday morning and did the last two challenges. Lots of fun, but you should have seen my stamp room! It was a MESS! I guess that means I was really having fun and playing hard! I thought the hostesses did a great job explaining everything and keeping us informed. I enjoyed all the comments I got on my cards and I know I'll have fun for a long time strolling through May's VSN galleries. Thanks to everyone who made it all possible!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2006, 11:55 AM   #22  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

even though i feel like i am always on scs, i have never participated before. i had a great time and i look forward to participating in the future. i tried stuff that i had not tried before and it let me explore new creative options. i had fun playing with everyone and appreciate everyone's kind comments!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2006, 02:48 PM   #23  
Pearl-ExPert

My thanks to the VSN coordinators. The May VSN was tons of fun. The floor in my office certainly attests to that. I like the idea that I can do the ones I want to and sit back for others. I am enjoying commenting on so many wonderful card and also reading what everyone says about mine. Great fun.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2006, 03:05 PM   #24  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

This was a great VSN! The only thing I would have changed is to have the kid challenges before the adult one's so Mom's can have a chance to do both (and get the kids busy with something else so they can enjoy the rest of VSN). I had a busy weekend but I managed to get all but 1 challenge done
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2006, 03:24 PM   #25  
Glitter Queen

I have been seeing these VSN events before and been too busy to participate. Wow I am so glad that I have been so diligent in organizing! There would have been no way to get these things done in time without knowing where everything was! Had a great time and have projects already done for my next stamp camp. Next time I am having a friendship get together during VSN! Thanks to all the people who worked so hard to put this on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2006, 03:53 PM   #26  
Glitter Guru

I just loved the May VSN!!!!

now if there were just some way that you could help me with my problem of spilling powder of some kind with each VSN I participate in, then I would be THRILLED!! :rolleyes: (1/2 bottle of clear ep last time, packet of hot chocolate mix this time)

I do find that I put less pressure on myself by maintaining the 45 min. time limit for the project, but taking the time to clean up a bit after each challenge. If it puts me off about 10 min. or so, then that is okay because I still have plenty of time to begin the next challenge. I like that we have until the next time to get our photos uploaded, so if we couldn't fully participate at night, there is still a chance to play.

Please don't ever take away the challenge schedule! That keeps me sane! I mark the sets that I used for each challenge as well as a check mark once it is uploaded. It helps me stay a little more organized. and it lets me see just where I am in the overall picture of things.

thanks for the wonderful weekend! everyone did a great job!
Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2006, 04:41 PM   #27  
Glitter Queen

I had a blast! this was my first one, and i didn't get to do the REAL thing..lol..just the warm up party..but I'm just going to have to get on the ball and request off work next time !!!! Thanks for such wonderful challenges! I def. saved them and will be trying them when I have time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2006, 05:21 PM   #28  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by jstarbright
I kept 2 windows open: on the Master Thread and another on the chat thread. If I had a question I would move from the general chat thread to the individual challenge chat thread and ask my question. ...
Fantastic job everyone on this months VSN, I know I sound like a broken record but this event just keeps getting better and better!
I usually have 2 windows open as well, but I accidentally forgot which thread I was looking at and posted to the wrong one :oops: (thankfully it was deleted for me as I have no idea how to do that from my end!). Perhaps it would be nice to have a link to the chat thread!

That being said, I enjoyed my second VSN immensly! It was a fantastic time and I finagled a friend to join me last night in the fun! My DH watched my little ones so I was free to stamp away! Great challenges although I do agree that maybe mixing them up a little would be better (3 reinker ones in a row) otherwise, it was a blast! Thanks to all who hosted and coordinated!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2006, 05:33 PM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: imprisoned temporarily in my own house! arrrgh!!&^%$#@
Red face Muchas Gracias!!

HUGE thanks to Linda and Chris and all the Senors and Senoritas for an AWESOME VSN FIESTA!!!I had My VERY FIRST Maragarita, I even frosted and salted the glass , had tortilla chips and salsa con queso, and wore a straw hat part of the weekend! WOOT I did all but 3 of the challenges...I was gone running errands most of the day Saturday so started 3 hours behind to begin with. I plan on trying the 3 challenges I missed at another time ( maybe even later today , HA! but we'll see-- DH and has been WONDERFUL about me not doing anything except for my challenges ( other than running to the washer and dryer last night making the "switch") so i do not want to push it. I am pleased with my creations and VERY pleased with a few of them. I made a BIG mess just around where I was sitting and basically put no one out except for the CATS, but they'll get over it. I HOPE everyone had as much fun as I did. I will be commenting after cleaning up ( myself and my mess) and then throughtout the coming week!
Rubber-hugs everyone!!!:cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2006, 06:19 PM   #30  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

First of all a HUGE thank you to all involved with making VSN a success!!! This was my second VSN, and I don't plan on missing any more! It definitely makes me think outside my box and try techniques I normally wouldn't do.
For suggestions, it would be helpful to me (and possibly others with small children) to have the kid's challenge at a different time than the adult's challenge. I know we can do them on our own time, but it just seems like I have to play catch up which puts more pressure on me since it usually takes me the full 45 min to complete. But then that is a totally different issue!!
It would also be helpful to have "KID" in the keyword as someone else suggested.
Keep the master challenge list--that was very helpful to me to keep track of everything.
I loved the mix of different techniques for the challenges and completed over half of them. I also like being able to upload until the next day (even though I stayed up way too late both nights doing mine).
All-in-all it was great fun, and I can't wait until July VSN!!!
SCS VSN ROCKS, BABY!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2006, 07:33 PM   #31  
Polyshrink Goddess

This was my first VSN and it was alot of fun. As I only have time to 'really' stamp after my kids (age 2 & 4) go to bed (thank goodness for early bedtimes!) I was only able to complete 4 of the challenges, but I'm glad I did as I tried some things I hadn't done before and it really got my creative juices flowing!

I really liked the Master Challenge Thread- it made it so easy to see what challenge was up next and refer back to without having to sort through all the comments. (That is one of the things that kept me from trying the last VSN. Reading through the chats cuts down on stamping time!) The instructions were very clear and the samples provided were helpful. I really like that we have until the next day to upload- but actually didn't need the extra time as the uploads went very fast and smoothly...and my dh wasn't using the computer while I was stamping Thanks for a great challenge! Too bad the next one isn't til July! Hope I'm not camping that weekend
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2006, 08:41 PM   #32  
Gabfest Goddess

This was my first VSN and loved all of it! Instant upload was great!!!! Loved the challenges. Can't wait for the next one!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2006, 10:36 PM   #33  
Forum Fanatic

So I have seen the VSN beofre, but I'm in college so I'm normally really only active on the site after school stops....like now, I really lucked out with this one since I have only two finals left and they're on Tuesday, so I had no reason to NOT do VSN this time...I was so thrilled! I've been stamping for 6 years now, but I get little oppurtunity to pull out all my goddies and enjoy the stamping. I normally end up siging up for things my demo's since I don't have the time to cut everything out and think things up......

Now last summer I did partake in some of the weekly challenges, for about 3 weeks maybe whenever I could...but now I think I'm going to make more time for them. These challenges were so much fun! Who would have known it takes only 45 at max to make a wonderful card! I started when the first challenge went up on Friday night and stayed with the course of events all nigth. I did the same on Saturday and I'm so proud of many of the cards I made....19 cards in two nights...amazing! I loved the different techniques I learned, and some of the old ones I know that I used to create the cards...this is what the stamping community is all about. People getting together and enjoing the creativity that is straping!

My mom thought I was crazy participatiing in this...I claimed her entire dinning room table with all my supplies... but after I would finish a challenge she would come and ask what the next one was, and what I was thinking. Although she only stamps when I get bogged down before a craft fair, she loves to watch me and see all the things I'm learning...I'll suck her in one of these days...All the hostesses did an excellent job! Each challenge was unique to themselves, just like the resluts. The corridinators did a wonderful job as well. I loved how after all the challenges were done not only the coordinators , but also the hostesses went though and commented on the creations...that was wonderful! I also tried to take the time and react to fellow stampers creations.

Thank you everyone who was a part of my first VSN, I promies I will return...hopefully in July, depending on the date this is of course....

Jackie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2006, 01:25 AM   #34  
Crimping Master

I had a great time and I know my friend did too. I agree with the mixing up of challenges, as the re-inkers would be a problem for some of them. Also could the kids challenges be more unisex, I have a DB who is a real boy and wouldn't go near the flower idea! But thank you for a great time

Fiona

Tales from the Shed
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2006, 05:44 AM   #35  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin-sunnychick
I had a blast...stayed up WAY TOO LATE...but by choice. You gals ROCK! Thanks!
I have only one suggestion...please add a link to the chat thread in the Challenge Post...that is all I can think of for now.
It was smooth sailing with very little "tech difficulties"! Congrats on a successful VSN!
yep. I would like a link to the chat thread also.:-D

Thanks for a great VSN LINDA AND CHRIS!!!:p :p :p

Question // If art is subjective, then why are we objective in making it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2006, 12:05 PM   #36  
Ms. Brightside

Location: On the verge of greatness and the brink of insanity!

Great job, Linda and Cris! I had a blast. Judging was by far the hardest part because all the participants did amazing work for my challenge. Wow. You have no idea how much time I put in today and yesterday stressing over who the winner should be because I could have easily chosen any one of the submissions to be the winner. Thanks for all your hard work.

I don't really stamp much. I'm just here for the company.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2006, 01:10 PM   #37  
Gabfest Goddess

What a great time I had, Cris and Linda! Great job!

~Loved having the schedule again.

~Great idea to have a kid's challenge both days with an adult challenge at the same time, though I will admit I am one that didn't read all of the posts and didn't know there was a bonus adult challenge at the same time, so Mischief didn't get to play this time around because I wanted to do the adult's challenge instead!

~I too would have liked to see a link in the master challenge thread to the chat thread, but like Suzie said, I understand (and sympathize!) with the technical hang up of that. It does take precious extra minutes!

~I thought the challenges were great, and there was a good variety of "technical" ones and "easier" ones.

~I didn't see a problem with having 3 challenges that used reinkers... we were told that food coloring would work if you couldn't find reinkers, and you guys posted the shopping list early enough for people to go to the store. I didn't do the string one or the stripes one, just didn't have time, but I did enjoy the bubble bg one.

Umm, I think that's it for now!

Again, great job by everyone involved! This VSN was another success!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2006, 01:11 PM   #38  
Glitter Guru

I was disappointed because I couldn't do more.

Although I had lots of fun with what I was able to do.

I would like more time to upload. Maybe have them all uploaded by midnight ET on Sunday. The way that it is set up is that if you want to play, you have to play that day, almost at that time to get them done.

For VSBN, I didn't get to do anything on Saturday, but did half of saturdays challenges on sunday along with a few of sundays challenges. The monday Upload deadline allowed me to play sunday night, after church and family time, after DD was in bed and when it was good for me.

This would be a great option for VSN. I probably won't ever be able to play in the middle of the day on a weekend.

It was still fun tho, just wish I could've done more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2006, 01:25 PM   #39  
Mad Swapper

VSN was a lot of fun and I had a great time. I agree, a link to the chats would have been a great help. Everyone did a great job with thinking up some great challenges. I didn't think that the reinker challenges were that close together. One Friday night and two Saturday. And they weren't back to back. I have reinkers so maybe it just wasn't a problem for me.

My one suggestion would be to let us have a little more time to get our cards uploaded. I have arthritis and have a hard time doing the challenges, one right after the other. I can see that many people only need about 45 minutes or less to make a card so I wouldn't suggest more time for the actual card making. If you extended the amount of time to get everything posted that would help those of us who get way, way, way behind because we have to stop and rest or move around before we can tackle a new card. I know for me after a challenge I have to get up and give my neck and hands a rest for an hour or so. Thus by the end of the evening I was very behind. This was especially true on the second day after staying up late to try and catch up. Just a thought.

This was my first VSN and I had a great time!!! Thank you everyone.

Last edited by Verda; 05-08-2006 at 01:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2006, 01:53 PM   #40  
The Amazin' Yappin' Scrapper

What a GREAT VSN! This was the first time I'd participated, and only got 4 challenges done. I want to try the string and reinker one, but just didn't have the chance. It was great to come home from a day of househunting to stamping! I made a huge mess (and almost permanently stained my carpet orange and green), but it was totally worth it!!!

Thanks again to Linda and Cris and all the hostesses and host!!

Jen

Fan my etsy shop on Facebook: RJY Handmade Designs

Check out my etsy shop: www.rjyhandmadedesigns.etsy.com

Blog: http://rjyhandmadedesigns.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes