Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Virtual Stamp Night Archive (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/virtual-stamp-night-archive-327/)
-   -   MAR20VSNQ Midnight Gardens ~ Saturday, March 28, 2020 ~ 9 pm ET (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/virtual-stamp-night-archive-327/mar20vsnq-midnight-gardens-%7E-saturday-march-28-2020-%7E-9-pm-et-632879/)

berlycece 03-19-2020 12:47 PM

MAR20VSNQ Midnight Gardens ~ Saturday, March 28, 2020 ~ 9 pm ET

5 Attachment(s)
Challenge Title: Midnight Gardens
Hostess: berlycece (Kim)
Keyword: MAR20VSNQ
Date: Saturday March 28 @ 9 pm EST

Welcome to our Spring Virtual Stamp Night - we're almost done!
Spring has finally arrived officially in the northern hemisphere, though with social distancing in full mode, it hasn't quite felt like it. It may be a while before we plant flowers in the yard (still chilly in Illinois) but my flower stamps are getting a work out this Florapalooza VSN!

I usually stamp flowers with a sunny sky, but since my challenge is going live late at night local time, I decided to focus on Midnight Gardens. There are some species of flowers which bloom more at night, and they look lovely! Most that I found are white or very pale pastels.
My challenge to you is to create a midnight garden scene using one of the Chalkboard techniques. Stamp on a navy or black card stock (think late night sky) and add color! One technique uses white pigment ink and pastels, the other uses white embossing powder and alcohol based markers. Take your pick!

Chalkboard Technique Tutorial - Splitcoaststampers
Chalkboard Marker Magic Tutorial - Splitcoaststampers

Check out the samples made by several of our VSN hostesses. A few hostesses made multiple samples, so be sure to look at the full gallery. I can't wait to see what you create!

View the gallery for this challenge HERE
View the Florapalooza gallery: HERE
View the Florapalooza Challenge Thread: HERE

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 11 P. M. EST ON Monday, April 6.
2. You have 1 hour to complete the challenge, unless otherwise noted.....you do not have to count prep time!
3. We have a special gallery for the Florapalooza VSN.
a) From the "Main Gallery" dropdown list on the first page of the uploader, choose Events and Special Collections.
b) From the Sub-gallery dropdown list, choose Virtual Stamping and Scrapbooking Nights ~ it's the last in the list.
c) From the new sub-gallery dropdown list choose Florapalooza - it's usually the very top of the list.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
5. Please do not combine VSN challenges...but you may combine any other challenges with a VSN challenge!

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen. THANKS SO MUCH FOR PLAYING ALONG!!!

sunstamper 03-28-2020 04:59 PM

Here's mine. I haven't used this technique in quite a while. Thanks!

Shoe Girl 03-28-2020 05:00 PM

Great challenge Kim. Here is my card:

MAR20VSNQ Happy Mother's Day by Shoe Girl - at Splitcoaststampers

berlycece 03-28-2020 05:02 PM

I had fun trying a new technique, so I hope many other people give it a try, too!

annsforte3 03-28-2020 05:06 PM

Here's mine:

Oval Chalkboard

and

Sunflower Board

lacyquilter 03-28-2020 05:09 PM

Here's my card: elegant sympathy.

berlycece 03-28-2020 06:55 PM

Want to receive some happy mail? We are choosing people from the Florapalooza Chat thread, randomly, to receive a card from a mystery hostess! (You have to give your address to a moderator via PM if chosen).

Come join the Chatter! Florapalooza VSN CHAT!! - Splitcoaststampers

snietje 03-28-2020 11:49 PM

Thank you Kim for this fun challenge

here's my card: MAR20VSNQ Midnight Garden by snietje - at Splitcoaststampers

cdimick 03-29-2020 01:13 PM

Thanks for the challenge, I love trying new to me techniques!

Bloomin' Hope

jkanack 03-29-2020 02:36 PM

Really enjoyed this one!

MAR20VSNQ You Are So Special by jkanack - at Splitcoaststampers

IndigosMom 03-30-2020 08:21 AM

Fun! I'd never tried the chalkboard marker magic technique. It is fun, I learned a lot and will have to try again when there's more time. (As I've noted earlier, the good thing about the time limit, is there's no time for fussing! ;) )
Here's my card MAR20VSNQ Thankful for You by IndigosMom - at Splitcoaststampers
Thanks for looking! :)
JJ

smadson 03-30-2020 12:54 PM

Thank you Kim! Loved this challenge!
MAR20VSNQ Midnight Flowers sm by smadson - at Splitcoaststampers

FayeMakesCards 03-30-2020 02:31 PM

Midnight Flowers by FayeMakesCards - at Splitcoaststampers

sgc 04-01-2020 05:51 PM

My favorite card! Loved the technique:) MAR20VSNQJust Breathe by sgc - at Splitcoaststampers

stampingfordummies 04-02-2020 04:04 PM

My card for the midnight garden: https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...&ppuser=206891

AnniePanda 04-02-2020 05:06 PM

No success with my white ink - the pad was dry and starting to crumble, so I tried using the ink right out of the bottle with a spatula over the solid flower stamps. When dried it resembled cabbage with mold. Switched gears and went with the white EP.
MAR20VSNQ Thank You jai by AnniePanda - at Splitcoaststampers

JRHolbrook 04-02-2020 09:34 PM

Thanks Kim! I'm so glad I tried this technique! Here's my card, HOPE:

MAR20VSNQ HOPE by JRHolbrook - at Splitcoaststampers

Jo Ann F. 04-04-2020 02:37 PM

This technique really clicked so I decided to make a second card too! Thanks.
Chalky Wildflowers

Chalky Gerbera Daisies

Ozpom 04-04-2020 08:56 PM

Here is my card Kim. Thanks for the challenge.

MAR20VSNQ - Holding daisies and talking to the moon by Ozpom - at Splitcoaststampers

JBgreendawn 04-05-2020 11:28 AM

here is a little tag from me, thanks Kim
MAR20VSNQ Floral Tag by JBgreendawn - at Splitcoaststampers

sleepyinseattle 04-05-2020 12:13 PM

Thanks for everything, Kim. this has been great fun!
MAR20VSNQ Love is all you need by sleepyinseattle - at Splitcoaststampers

Kalla Walla 04-05-2020 04:31 PM

Here is my card!

MAR20VSNQ Midnight Garden

One4Joy 04-06-2020 07:53 AM

I think this was my first chalkboard technique! Thank you, Kim, for being part of stretching my creative muscles.

one drop MAR20VSNQ.

papercrafter40 04-06-2020 08:34 AM

I couldn't get all the chalk off for some unknown reason, but I still think my card turned out well! :)

Feel Better Soon

Margscardcrazy 04-06-2020 03:27 PM

Here's mine Iridescent Evening