Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Virtual Stamp Night Archive (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/virtual-stamp-night-archive-327/)
-   -   It's SUMMER Down Under by berlycece - VSNDEC14B - Friday, Dec. 12 - 7 pm EST (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/virtual-stamp-night-archive-327/its-summer-down-under-berlycece-vsndec14b-friday-dec-12-7-pm-est-594884/)

berlycece 11-02-2014 09:20 AM

It's SUMMER Down Under by berlycece - VSNDEC14B - Friday, Dec. 12 - 7 pm EST

1 Attachment(s)
Challenge Title: "It's SUMMER Down Under!"
Hostess: Kim (aka berlycece)
Keyword: VSNDEC14B
DATE: Friday December 12th; 7:00 pm Eastern

While we may be dealing with all things "Frozen" in many places north of the equator, the other half of the globe is basking in summer warmth! Olaf (my favorite character from Frozen") had such a cute, naive dream about experiencing summer. Let's remember him, and our friends south of the equator by making a SUMMER themed card with a winter twist. (Or a winter card with a summer twist??)

Think of a snowman on the beach with sunglasses...
Santa in a convertible...
Decorating a palm tree with Christmas lights...
Or those crazy people who do "polar bear swims"

For a little inspiration, here is Olaf's dream, put to song ...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UFatVn1hP3o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

View the gallery for this challenge: HERE
View the Frozen Master Challenge Thread: HERE

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10 P. M. EST ON Sunday, December 21, 2014.
2. You have 1 hour to complete the challenge, unless otherwise noted.....you do not have to count prep time!
3. We have a special gallery for the Frozen VSN.
a) From the "Main Gallery" dropdown list on the first page of the uploader, choose Events and Special Collections.
b) From the Sub-gallery dropdown list, choose Virtual Stamping and Scrapbooking Nights ~ it's the last in the list.
c) From the new sub-gallery dropdown list choose Frozen - it's the very top of the list.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword VSNDEC14B when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Be sure to link your card in the chat thread so everyone knows you participated! I can't wait to see what you create!

berlycece 12-12-2014 03:28 PM

Looking forward to seeing lots of fun and creative projects!

tessaduck 12-12-2014 03:45 PM

Well, here's one. Dunno how creative it is... but it's fun!

VSNDEC14B 12-26 by tessaduck - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Cards are me 12-12-2014 03:49 PM

Kim, this was a challenge but lots of fun. Thank you. Here is my card:

Boot in the Field by Cards are me - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

smadson 12-12-2014 04:00 PM

Thought of this guy immediately! Here is Penguin at the Beach!

Also, question: Do I choose Frozen November? for the gallery? They didn't have Frozen December.
I have to go back and fix my first one. I didnt put it in VSN gallery. I forgot.

Thank you!

berlycece 12-12-2014 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadson (Post 20838708)
Thought of this guy immediately! Here is Penguin at the Beach!

Also, question: Do I choose Frozen November? for the gallery? They didn't have Frozen December.
I have to go back and fix my first one. I didnt put it in VSN gallery. I forgot.

Thank you!

Cute card!

Yes, enter your card in the Nov Frozen gallery. ;)

T. Joy 12-12-2014 04:23 PM

Here's mine!

VSNDEC14B - Warm Winter Wishes by T. Joy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

smadson 12-12-2014 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berlycece (Post 20838724)
Cute card!

Yes, enter your card in the Nov Frozen gallery. ;)

I can't find the catergory when editing my first card. Is there a way to do it after you have already uploaded it?

Thank you!

travlrmel 12-12-2014 05:34 PM

VSNDEC14B by travlrmel - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

berlycece 12-12-2014 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadson (Post 20838745)
I can't find the catergory when editing my first card. Is there a way to do it after you have already uploaded it?

Thank you!

Yes... click on edit photo

There is a field where you can "change category"

You have to scroll down a LOT...through swaps and CHA and other stuff

I just moved my cads from the hostess gallery to the regular VSN gallery, so I know it can be done. :)

Good luck!

smadson 12-12-2014 06:10 PM

I found it! I had gone thru it at least three times and didn't see it! LOL Are you sure you just didn't add it??? LOL
Thank you!

berlycece 12-12-2014 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadson (Post 20838835)
I found it! I had gone thru it at least three times and didn't see it! LOL Are you sure you just didn't add it??? LOL
Thank you!

Alas, I do not possess such wonderful magical powers!

Glad you found it...now more people will see your card!

scootsv 12-14-2014 02:40 PM

Kim thanks for being hostess for the challenge. It took thought to come up with this!

Here is my summer snowman

Shoe Girl 12-14-2014 03:35 PM

Santa is on vacation! Here is my card: VSNDEC14B, Vacation by Shoe Girl - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers.

FayeMakesCards 12-15-2014 08:19 AM

Truly we have mowed our grass one last time as snowflakes are merging on the horizon!

Mowing in snowflakes VSNDEC14B by kramomma - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

hotwheels 12-17-2014 09:26 AM

Here my card. Thanks hotwheels
VSNDEC14B It's SUMMER Down Under by hotwheels - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

andib 12-21-2014 05:44 AM

Yeah, the perspective is a little off. I'm going with 'it's a long board!" Still looking for that santa on a surf board! Thanks for the challenge.

Surf's Up at Christmas by andib - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers