Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 01-19-2015, 08:10 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
Exclamation I Treasure You Master Challenge Thread

Here is the list of every VSN I Treasure You challenge. After each one goes up live it will be added here.
VSN Coordinator
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Color Of Treasure by LuvLee - VSNMAR15MINI1 - Friday, Feb. 6 - 6 pm EST

Title: Color of Treasure
Hostess: LuvLee (Lee)
Keyword: VSNMAR15MINI1
Date: Friday, February 6
Time: 6 PM EST

piratetreasure_zpsc730931d.jpg

You guessed it!! You DID guess it, right?? It's a color challenge!! And what colors do you think of with the phrase I Treasure You? Well....I think of finding a pirate treasure on a beach. So that's what this challenge is all about......sand and blue. Sand and Blue. See??? I bet SOME of you thought I was planning to sneak some pink in?? Am I right??? Nope....I'm not and you all may pick your jaws off the floor now!

VSNMAR15MINI1_zpsc05a6cd7.jpg

I just LOVED this LOTV image and so there you go.....blue and sand!! LOL Now show us all what you can do with this color combo!! And have fun!! Seriously....have FUN!!!

View the gallery for this challenge: Forums at Splitcoaststampers
View the I Treasure You Gallery HERE
View the I Treasure You Master Challenge Thread: Forums at Splitcoaststampers

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10 P.M. EST ON Saturday, February 14th.
2. You have 1 hour to complete this challenge, but you do not have to count prep time!
3. We have a special gallery for the I Treasure you VSN.
a) From the "Main Gallery" dropdown list on the first page of the uploader, choose Events and Special Collections.
b) From the Sub-gallery dropdown list, choose Virtual Stamping and Scrapbooking Nights ~ it's the last in the list.
c) From the new sub-gallery dropdown list choose I Treasure You - it's the very top of the list.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword VSNMAR15MINI1 when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
5. Please do not combine VSN challenges...but you may combine any other challenges with a VSN challenge!

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen. Thank you for playing!!
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little Bear's Friends by K. Joy - VSNMAR15MINI2 - Friday, Feb. 6 - 7 pm EST

Title: Little Bear's Friends
Hostess: K. Joy (Katlyn)
Keyword: VSNMAR15Mini2
Date: Friday, February 6
Time: 7 PM EST

When I saw the "I Treasure You" theme for this VSN, it made me think of the Nick Jr. show I grew up watching called "Little Bear". My first thought was that Little Bear went on treasure hunts - but on second thought, he also treasured his friends!

My challenge for you is to make a friendship card for one of your treasured friends using one of the Little Bear characters as your inspiration! (So you could use a bear, a cat, a duck, an owl, or even a chicken.) Virtual brownie points if you use a bear or a duck, as they were my favorite characters!

View the gallery for this challenge: Gallery at Splitcoaststampers
View the I Treasure You Gallery HERE

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10 P.M. EST ON Saturday, February 14th.
2. You have 1 hour to complete this challenge, but you do not have to count prep time!
a) From the "Main Gallery" dropdown list on the first page of the uploader, choose Events and Special Collections.
b) From the Sub-gallery dropdown list, choose Virtual Stamping and Scrapbooking Nights ~ it's the last in the list.
c) From the new sub-gallery dropdown list choose I Treasure You - it's the very top of the list.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword VSNMAR15Mini2 when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
5. Please do not combine VSN challenges...but you may combine any other challenges with a VSN challenge!

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen. Thank you for playing!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VSNLittleBearKT.jpg (65.1 KB, 6 views)
Click HERE for more information!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Received 172 Likes on 136 Posts
Default Treasured Hostess by Scraperwannabe - VSNMAR15A - Friday, Mar. 6 - 6 pm EST

Challenge Title: Treasured Hostess
Hostess: Misti (Scraperwannabe)
Keyword:VSNMAR15A
Date: Friday, Mar 6, 2015 6pm EST

We couldn't do VSN without our hostesses! Last VSN, Tammie E, a veteran hostess had some major personal things happen. For this VSN, I want to show her how much she is "treasured" & we are going to CASE a card from her gallery. You can view her gallery Forums at Splitcoaststampers I can't wait to see which one of her beautiful creations that you choose to CASE!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE Forums at Splitcoaststampers
View the I Treasure You Gallery Forums at Splitcoaststampers
View the I Treasure You Gallery Master Challenge Thread Forums at Splitcoaststampers

4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword VSNMAR15A when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg vsnmar15amjo.JPG (128.2 KB, 2 views)
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 73 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Scavenger Hunt by berlycece - VSNMAR15B - Friday, Mar. 6 - 7 pm EST

Title: We're Going on a Scavenger Hunt!
Hostess: berlycece (Kim)
Keyword: VSNMAR15B
Date: Friday March 6th
Time: 7:00 p.m. EST

Hello stampers! Did you ever go on scavenger hunts as a kid? I did, and I loved them! I remember knocking on my neighbors' doors, trying to gather everything on my list. Some things made sense, others were just weird!
Well today, I am sending YOU on a scavenger hunt in your craft room! (Isn't that what we do for VSN anyway?) But I challenge you to combine everything into ONE CARD or project! *NOTE* You can think of this as a recipe card. You do not have to have any pre-stamped images that you scavenge...but if you do, Bonus Points! LOL

You must include at least one EACH of the following items:

1. Neutral layer with some distressing e.g. torn edges, crinkled, distress inked
2. Metal embellishment, e.g. gold brads, copper wire, silver clips
3. Soft item, e.g. fabric, cotton, ribbon
4. Stamped image of something you would find on an island, e.g. palm tree, sea shell, lobster, sand castle, hammock, pineapple
5. Colored layer that is dry embossed
6. Doodling, with any gel pen or marker

I think this list will provide such a wide variety of cards...have fun!

View the gallery for this challenge Forums at Splitcoaststampers
View the "I Treasure You" gallery Forums at Splitcoaststampers
View the "I Treasure You" Master Challenge Thread Forums at Splitcoaststampers

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10 P.M. EST ON Saturday, March 14th.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword VSNMAR15B when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

I can hardly wait to see all the things you treasure!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VSNMAR15B Relax.jpg (32.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: png VSNMAR15Bc22_by_Cook22.png (659.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg VSNhunt_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (91.4 KB, 7 views)
Kim in Illinois Proud SCS Fan Club Member!!My Gallery QFTD#207Winter Virtual Stamp Night: Let the TV be your GuideMini is Fri Nov 19; Main is December 17 & 18
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy
Default I Treasure You Master Challenge Thread

Challenge Title: Treasured Furry Friends
Hostess: Joyce (ashjoy)
Keyword:VSNMAR15C
Date: Friday, Mar 6, 2015

Hello everyone, I hope your having a fun time playing along with us. I know I am!

My challenge is to make a project in honor of your favorite fury friend. If you don't have a fury pet, you can chose your favorite fury animal. If you don't have one I'll share mine below. (yes, it has to have fur, sorry reptile friends!) And feel free to share a photo of your treasured fury friend here in the thread.

I just got my very first pet and was totally smitten with our little man from the first moment I saw him at the big old farm, I knew he was going to be coming home with us. To attach a photo just click go advanced, then click the little paperclip to upload your photo. No need to add them to the gallery.

Thanks for playing along, see you in the gallery!

Joyce

View the I Treasure You Gallery Master Challenge Thread Forums at Splitcoaststampers

4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword VSNMAR15C when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg jaec1.jpg (17.5 KB, 2 views)

Challenge Title: X Marks The Spot
Hostess: pattyb
Keyword:VSNMAR15CD
Date: Friday, Mar 6, 2015

Hello everyone, I hope your having a fun time playing along with us. I know I am!

In the treasure hunting world an X marks the spot where the bounty is to be found, in a stampers world the Spotlight technique shows off one special treasured part of an image.

My challenge is to make a project showcasing the Spotlight technique > Forums at Splitcoaststampers

Thanks for playing along, see you in the gallery!

patty

4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword VSNMAR15D when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your project is seen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150304_172626.jpg (71.8 KB, 5 views)

Love SU!? Join the Crew!
The CreativeCrew <The Gallery
CreativeCrew Play Along <The Challenges
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 228 Likes on 169 Posts

Challenge Title: Map The Way
Hostess: Sabrina, aka Cook22
Keyword:VSNMAR15E
Date: 12 noon Eastern time, 7th March

The very first thing I thought of when I read the VSN call-out was treasure maps.
So my challenge is a very simple one - use either map stamps or part of a real map on your card.

Bonus points if it's a pirate's treasure map! I once used part of a real map as a background for Snoopy on a road trip. He was headed to a copper mine, and I was so bummed when I made a mistake and had to make a new background - no chance of finding a second copper mine on my map for him to head to.

4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword VSNMAR15E when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VSNMAR15E_annsforte3_Map_to_Live_Life_by_annsforte3.jpg (71.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg VSNMAR15Ec22.jpg (99.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 014_by_Cards_are_me.jpg (31.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg VSNmapKT_by_K_Joy.jpg (30.1 KB, 7 views)
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 85 Likes on 56 Posts

Challenge Title: Treasured Memories
Hostess: Brenda, aka tessaduck
Keyword:VSNMAR15F
Date: 1 P. M. Eastern time, 7th March

My mother died with Alzheimer's. As the "responsible" daughter, I watched her memories fade over her last eight years. Painful! She'd been a strong, independent woman, brilliant and beautiful; a Pearl Harbor survivor/military wife, essentially raising my three sisters on her own while Dad was overseas. Characteristically, her short term memories were the first to go. Even up to the last, however, she retained old memories, precious to her: Dad, her siblings. Those memories to her were treasures. Because she could discuss them, they became treasures to me as well, because they offered a way for me to communicate with her, even after she lost my name. This is so tender for me to share! I've tears as I write this.

Can you understand how important memories are to me, then?

This challenge is to bring to represent a precious memory in your card or project. A family member or friend, an event, an item.

4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword VSNMAR15F when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tractor.jpg (55.5 KB, 6 views)
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 826 Likes on 389 Posts

Title: Welcoming Door
Hostess: annsforte3 (Ann)
Keyword: VSNMAR15G
Day/Date: Saturday, March 7 at 2 P.M. EST

Good afternoon everyone and welcome to I Treasure You VSN!

When I think about the things I treasure I immediately think of family and a welcoming home.
So for my challenge, this afternoon, show your welcoming home to your family and friends using the first item individuals see when they approach your home -- the front door!!

My challenge is to make a card using a welcoming front door!! Dessert is to actually have a welcome sign somewhere on or near your front door. Good luck and I can't wait to see all your welcoming front door cards!

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10 P. M. EST ON Saturday March 14th.
2. You have 1 hour to complete the challenge, unless otherwise noted.....you do not have to count prep time!
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword VSNMAR15G when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen. THANKS SO MUCH FOR PLAYING ALONG!!!
Stazon Splitcoast

Title - Easter
Hostess- Cards are me (Susan)
Keyword - VSNMAR15H
Day/Date - Saturday, March 7, 4:00 pm (EST)

How do we find treasure? We hunt or search. Well, I had to hunt for years before I found the perfect "I Treasure You", my husband. I did have lots of fun searching. LOL!!! So, I thought, what else is fun to hunt - Easter Eggs (yummy treasure). Our DD always had fun hunting for eggs very year.

My challenge is to make an Easter card or project - basket, treat bag, etc
Virtual bonus - an Easter Egg somewhere on your card or project.

Here is my sample:

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10 P.M. EST ON Saturday, March 14
3. We have a special gallery for the I Treasure You VSN.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword VSNMAR15H when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 006.JPG (185.9 KB, 3 views)
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 274 Likes on 156 Posts

Challenge Title: Hidden Treasure
Hostess: Stacy (JBgreendawn)
Keyword: VSNMAR15I
Date: March 7th 2015

Hi, Welcome to this challenge and and it's an easy peasy one
The thought behind this is to create a project that somewhere uses a spring blooming flower that grows from a bulb. ( not a seed, bush or tree) the bulb is a "hidden treasure" if you will. This was the first thing I thought of when I heard from Lee about this round of VSN because, tulips are my favorite flower.
now, I know what you are thinking what if you don't have a bulb stamp? your in luck... most gardeners cut their bulbs to display them (and the bulbs bloom again next spring) so, cut flowers will work also.

some other varieties of spring blooms are Crocus, Daffodils & Hyacinths.
if you need some ideas of colors you could find these blooms in peek here:

View the I Treasure You Gallery: Forums at Splitcoaststampers

2. You have 1 hour to complete the challenge, unless otherwise noted.....you do not have to count prep time!
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen.

Thanks to all my FABULOUS sample makers

My Blog
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 395 Likes on 182 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Challenge Title: Dig Deep
Hostess: Lydia (UnderstandBlue)
Keyword: VSNMAR15J
Date:

I love the idea of treasure, and what it makes me think of is things that are buried deeply. So I want you to dig deep for this challenge.

Bury your image under something! Here are some ideas:

4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen.

My Gallery |My Blog | My Videos |
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon