Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Virtual Stamp Night Archive (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/virtual-stamp-night-archive-327/)
-   -   A Good Book by ohmypaper! ~ JUN14VSNC ~ Fri. Jun 6th 8:00 pm (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/virtual-stamp-night-archive-327/good-book-ohmypaper-%7E-jun14vsnc-%7E-fri-jun-6th-8-00-pm-588427/)

ohmypaper! 04-30-2014 06:01 AM

A Good Book by ohmypaper! ~ JUN14VSNC ~ Fri. Jun 6th 8:00 pm

2 Attachment(s)
Challenge Title: A Good Book
Hostess: ohmypaper! (Angie)
Keyword: JUN14VSNC
Date: Friday, June 6
Time: 8PM

“Reading... a vacation for the mind....”
― Dave Barry

Reading has topped my "favorite thing" list ever since I read my first "Dick and Jane" book. I can still feel the excitement as a new world opened up to me. I can't leave the house without a good book in tow and I certainly can't go on summer vacation without one, two or probably three! Whether you have a long summer break or a short few days break, a grand destination or a staycation, I recommend that you keep a stack of books handy!

My Challenge: Inspired by a Book . There are lots of possibilities for this challenge. You can use an image of a book, text paper, characters or themes from a book. A book cover could inspire your design. A classic, cookbook, math book, address book.....and on and on I could go! I can't wait to see what you create and be sure to let us know what inspired your work of art!

View the gallery for this challenge: HERE
View the Summer Vacation VSN Master Challenge Thread: HERE

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10 P. M. EST ON Saturday, June 14.
2. You have 1 hour to complete the challenge, unless otherwise noted.....you do not have to count prep time!
3. We have a special gallery for the Summer Vacation VSN.
a) From the "Main Gallery" dropdown list on the first page of the uploader, choose Events and Special Collections.
b) From the Sub-gallery dropdown list, choose Virtual Stamping and Scrapbooking Nights ~ it's the last in the list.
c) From the new sub-gallery dropdown list choose Summer Vacation - it's the very top of the list.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword JUN14VSNC when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
5. Please do not combine VSN challenges...but you may combine any other challenges with a VSN challenge!

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen. THANKS SO MUCH FOR PLAYING ALONG!!!

Attachment 294976Attachment 294977

LuvLee 06-06-2014 04:00 PM

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/bokmal.gif

ohmypaper! 06-06-2014 04:06 PM

Hello all! Welcome to my summer reading challenge! What is your favorite kind of book to read? What have you read recently?

K. Joy 06-06-2014 04:07 PM

The hardest part of this challenge for me was deciding which book to be inspired by! ;) There were so many good ones to choose from, and so many ways to be inspired! I finally chose an old Christmas picture book - a childhood favorite called "What Could be Keeping Santa". Thanks for the fun challenge!!

Santa's Helper

LuvLee 06-06-2014 04:09 PM

I LOVE to read....lots of different types of books! Foodie mysteries are a fave!!!!

K. Joy 06-06-2014 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohmypaper! (Post 20655820)
Hello all! Welcome to my summer reading challenge! What is your favorite kind of book to read? What have you read recently?

As a children's writer I love to read middle grade books and picture books. I actually just read a few historical picture books - though I must admit I picked them up from the library more because I wanted to look at the illustrations than read the stories... :rolleyes: LOL

smadson 06-06-2014 04:19 PM

I am here, have to think! Great idea. I have a girl reading a book. How would that be?

ohmypaper! 06-06-2014 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K. Joy (Post 20655822)
The hardest part of this challenge for me was deciding which book to be inspired by! ;) There were so many good ones to choose from, and so many ways to be inspired! I finally chose an old Christmas picture book - a childhood favorite called "What Could be Keeping Santa". Thanks for the fun challenge!!

Santa's Helper

Your card is sooooo cute! I love all things Christmas! I know, I had a hard time deciding what book to use too and I thought up the challenge lol!!!

ohmypaper! 06-06-2014 04:22 PM

Sharon, that would work great!!! Can't wait to see what you create!

javagirl984 06-06-2014 04:24 PM

Quote:

Such a great challenge!

I am a complete nerd. I read a lot of Star Wars books. And I loved reading the Game of Thrones books.

muzbysmom 06-06-2014 04:25 PM

Here's my "Good Book" challenge card

Lynn's by muzbysmom - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Adelle 06-06-2014 04:32 PM

My sister gave me the first book in the Outlander series not long ago. That's what I'm reading now. For my card I chose Harry Potter, always a favorite.

JUN14VSNC - Beware of Muggles by Adelle - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

ohmypaper! 06-06-2014 04:33 PM

Lee, I love good mystery books! Melissa, I haven't read "Game of Thrones" yet. Will have to give them a try!

girlgeek101 06-06-2014 04:39 PM

I have a cooking class tonight otherwise I'd stay and do all of these! Thank you for all the fun involved in VSN!!

Here's my C project:
Front Covers: JUN14VSNC - Inspired by Moleskine! [Front Covers] by girlgeek101 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Inside Front and Inside Back Pocket: JUN14VSNC - Inspired by Moleskine! [Inside Front and Back] by girlgeek101 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

NerdyBeth 06-06-2014 04:43 PM

My house is overfilled with books...hence the perfect sentiment for this challenge on my card.

My card: Too Many Books!

smadson 06-06-2014 05:05 PM

Got my image colored and die cut, but can't think what to do with it, now.
I am not a planner, I just go with it. Only, now not going! LOL

janeenk 06-06-2014 05:13 PM

Quote:

Right now I am reading the Bourne identity and two cook books

ohmypaper! 06-06-2014 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadson (Post 20655882)
Got my image colored and die cut, but can't think what to do with it, now.
I am not a planner, I just go with it. Only, now not going! LOL

I am the same!!!! The hardest part for me is knowing how to put it all together!

ohmypaper! 06-06-2014 05:56 PM

I LOVE the Bourne books by Ludlum!!! Hmmmmm.....I just might have to get them out and read them again!!!!

janeenk 06-06-2014 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohmypaper! (Post 20655947)
I LOVE the Bourne books by Ludlum!!! Hmmmmm.....I just might have to get them out and read them again!!!!

I think I read this a long time ago but don't remember how it turned out but as I go along, I am remembering that I read it. I did not recognize the name when the movie came out and haven't seen the movie.

smadson 06-06-2014 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohmypaper! (Post 20655947)

okay, I loved the Bourne movies, but didn't read the books.
My favorite books are Anne of Green Gables. And lots of others. My kindle app
on my mini iPad is full of books, so when we got on vacation I will have lots of reading material w/o having to tote a bunch of books. Love it.
but my book cases are full of books here. My DH doesn't understand why I keep them after they are read. I guess I am a collector of books just like I am of stamps! :)
Well, I am not making a card, I am watching tv and on the computer.....I was so excited about VSN, then I finished one card tonight! Maybe I will be more energetic tomorrow.

Kelly H 06-06-2014 07:30 PM

This one is for all of the romance novels out there!

Goofball in Tinfoil! by Kelly H - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

dini 06-06-2014 08:00 PM

Thanks Angie! I was inspired by the cover of a book I bought yesterday.

JUN14VSNC - It is well by dini - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

smadson 06-07-2014 07:09 AM

Thank you Angie for the challenge! I made this last night and slept on it. :) So I think I like it! Here is I Believe in the Bible.
It ha been fun! And now I know who you are on WOYWW. I wonder how many others are on there that I don't realize?
Off to try the next one!
:)

meerkat3 06-07-2014 08:18 AM

I finally played! Books, Cats, Life is Good

cnsteele 06-07-2014 08:19 AM

Since I love to read, I really enjoyed making this card:

JUN 14VSNC Holy Bible by cnsteele - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Cook22 06-07-2014 09:32 AM

JUN14VSNC White Winter

I'm going to come back and read all through this thread later! I love books and reading. Thank goodness for the library; as it is I think we have more books than I'll ever have time to re-read. But I've learned the hard way that if I give one away, then I end up buying it again most of the time, LOL.

LOL at Janeenk having two cookbooks on the go at the moment. I definitely have too many of those (over 100, last time I counted), and many of them are the sort you can read as well as cook from.

Currently I'm reading the 1991/92 volume of The Complete Peanuts, which I just collected from the PO yesterday. Only another 5 volumes to go to compete the series of 25!!! Luckily one publication date each year falls close to my birthday. And Hilary Mantel's Bring Up the Bodies. And Bill Bryson's The Thunderbolt Kid...and...

meerkat3 06-07-2014 11:31 AM

More books! More cats! (I found my stamp.)

Books, Cats, Life is Good

LMcAree 06-07-2014 12:21 PM

Fun challenge! Here is my card: JUN14VSNC by LMcAree - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

berlycece 06-07-2014 12:38 PM

I had fun with this...recently finished a very inspiring book

//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2526607?&cat=500&ppuser=114595

stampingwriter 06-07-2014 02:45 PM

This was a fun challenge, and I actually had an idea pretty quickly this time. Here is my card, inspired by The Fault in Our Stars.

ohmypaper! 06-07-2014 04:58 PM

I am so excited to see everyone's beautiful cards and what has inspired the designs!!!

Jo Ann F. 06-07-2014 06:01 PM

Here is my card inspired by Gift from the Sea.

ohmypaper! 06-07-2014 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadson (Post 20655960)
on my mini iPad is full of books, so when we got on vacation I will have lots of reading material w/o having to tote a bunch of books. Love it.
but my book cases are full of books here. My DH doesn't understand why I keep them after they are read. I guess I am a collector of books just like I am of stamps! :)
Well, I am not making a card, I am watching tv and on the computer.....I was so excited about VSN, then I finished one card tonight! Maybe I will be more energetic tomorrow.

I have to say that I enjoyed the Bourne movies but they don't really compare to the thrill of the books. I watched them for the sake of enjoying a good action film. The books are AMAZING! I suppose things are a bit more sophisticated now but just loved his writing style. From start to finish Robert Ludlum's espionage books are a wild ride!

I keep my favorites too! Don'tcha know, I am sure to want to read the one I parted with!!!

Julie Gearinger 06-07-2014 07:56 PM

This was a great challenge and bought back memories of my childhood (plus I finally used a piece of really old SU! paper that I have been saving for a special occasion :-))

JUN14VSNC Journey of the Mind by Julie Gearinger - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Lmn 06-07-2014 11:59 PM

Here's Mine

Fun Challenge, I found some zoo stamps and it made me reminisce about the one of the books I used to read for my boys. :D

It's A Zoo

tygerpaws11 06-08-2014 05:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my gift card holder that did include an Amazon gift card, so maybe some books will be purchased with it, as well... Yes, the last book I read was REALLY my camera manual.
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=86715

berlycece 06-09-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadson (Post 20655960)

I have never read the Bourne books...I just saw the movies because I like spy/action flicks

...now I want to get the books!

I rarely get rid of books. Occasionally I will purge some to donate to our local library. I just hate parting with them...so yep...they pile up like my stamp supplies!

ohmypaper! 06-09-2014 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berlycece (Post 20658805)
I have never read the Bourne books...I just saw the movies because I like spy/action flicks

...now I want to get the books!

I rarely get rid of books. Occasionally I will purge some to donate to our local library. I just hate parting with them...so yep...they pile up like my stamp supplies!

I haven't read any of the Bourne books that were written after Ludlum passed away. The new ones written by Eric Van Lustbader, I have not tried. Guess I should. :)

We frequented our local library so much that the librarians have watched our kids grow up! The sad thing is that in the past few years they got rid of all the paper backs, acquired new books, (can no longer get entire series) etc etc. It's just not the same. After all these years, I am buying more books and of course once I have spent money on them I REALLY don't want to part with them!!!

hotwheels 06-11-2014 08:28 PM

here's my card thanks hotwheels
flowers by hotwheels - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers