Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 01-18-2008, 02:02 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Girls Night Out VSN ~ Master Challenge Thread

IT'S GIRLS NIGHT OUT VSN!!!!

JANUARY 18, 2008 6:00 pm EST - 11:00 pm EST
JANUARY 19, 2008 12:00 pm EST - 11:00 pm EST

Last edited by beadfreak22; 01-18-2008 at 02:25 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Stazon Splitcoast

Title: Circle of Friendship
Hostess: Melinda (WonkaIsMyCat)
Keyword: JAN08VSNA
Day/Date: Friday, January 18th
Time: 6:00 PM EST

The chat thread for this challenge can be found here.

The gallery for this challenge can be found here.

Girlfriends are always there when we need them, and what would we do without their support??

My challenge to you is to make a card honoring your circle of girlfriends. And not just ANY card. A CIRCLE card. And not just any circle card, a circle card using the sketch below. Fun huh? Yeah�I thought so too.

If you don�t know how to make a circle card, it�s easy. Take a piece of cardstock, fold it in half, and trace a circle on it (a bowl or large spool of ribbon works really well for this). Make sure the circle overlaps the fold of the card slightly. Then just cut it out!

Have fun!!!

*** ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 11:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY, JANUARY 20th ***

Uploading Instructions:

*You have 45 minutes to complete this challenge.

*Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. If you are using additional keywords, you must separate them with a comma. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

*It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in the chat thread, in case the gallery is being testy.

****Links to the sketch have been added, below. If you would like to see a thumbnail of the sketch, please see the chat thread for this challenge. ****
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mel sample.jpg (53.5 KB, 386 views)
Attached Files
File Type: doc Circle Card Sketch.doc (34.0 KB, 297 views)
File Type: pdf CircleCardSketch[1] - pdf.pdf (24.6 KB, 215 views)

Last edited by beadfreak22; 01-18-2008 at 02:43 PM..
Stazon Splitcoast

Title: Chocolate or Shoes??
Hostess: Jamie (jaymerz)
Keyword: JAN08VSNB
Time: 7:00 PM EST

When I think of a Girls Night Out, I immediately think of two things: SHOES and CHOCOLATE. If you could pick only one of them, which one would it be?? Why not choose both?? HOW you ask?? With shoes made of chocolate, of course!

My challenge for you is to use the “Chocolate Shoes” in this picture as inspiration for your card. You can make a shoe card, a chocolate card, a card using the colors, or all three. Let the chocolate and the shoes inspire your creativity.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jamieshoes.jpg (2.6 KB, 1801 views)
File Type: jpg jamiesample.jpg (38.4 KB, 380 views)

Last edited by beadfreak22; 01-18-2008 at 05:44 PM..
Stazon Splitcoast

Title: Little Black Dress
Hostess: Jennifer (badger-girl)
Keyword: JAN08VSNC
Time: 8:00 PM EST

I love throwing theme parties, and lately I've been dreaming of a Girls Night Out "Little Black Dress" party. My vision for this fabulous night would be me and all my girls dolled up in our favorite little black dresses, in a shiny black limo, sipping martinis until the wee hours of the morning. I didn't say it was going to be a cheap night out!

So here is my challenge:

Create a card with the main image stamped on black cardstock. You must also use black embellishments...especially those you have been saving for a "special occasion."

Note: Many techniques will work on black CS. Embossing, pastel embossing, stamping with bleach are just a few. Certain inks also show up well on dark CS all by themselves. Only the main image must be stamped on black CS. You are free to use other colors any where else on your card.

*** ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 11:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY, JANUARY 20th ***

Uploading Instructions:
*Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. If you are using additional keywords, you must separate them with a comma. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
*It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in the chat thread, in case the gallery is being testy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C1.jpg (81.2 KB, 224 views)
File Type: jpg C2.jpg (65.7 KB, 192 views)
File Type: jpg C3.jpg (60.6 KB, 193 views)

Last edited by nutsymuhl; 01-18-2008 at 04:13 PM..
Stazon Splitcoast

Title: V-neck....baby...*wink*..
Hostess: Trina (beena)
Keyword: JAN08VSND
Time: 9:00 PM EST

What girl doesn't love a criss-cross top or wrap, maybe even a V-neck, as she gets ready for a night on the town with her friends? This challenge is to make a criss-cross card. They are so easy and versatile. You can use any supplies you want.

A tutorial can be found here..

Tutorials at Splitcoaststampers

Have fun and I can't wait to see what ya come up with!

Uploading Instructions:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trina.jpg (33.6 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg VSND 001.JPG (82.3 KB, 142 views)

Last edited by nutsymuhl; 01-18-2008 at 05:10 PM..
Stazon Splitcoast

Title: She's Got a Ticket to Stamp
Hostess: Arin (arinstamps)
Keyword: JAN08VSNE
Time: 10:00 PM EST

One of my favorite ways to spend a Girls Night Out is going to a movie or show. I love concerts, plays, musicals, games... almost any event! All of these events require tickets, so here is my challenge:

Make a card inspired by TICKETS!

Ideas to get you started: make an invitation that looks like a ticket; use "ticket language" on your card (Admit One; One Night Only...); make an actual ticket for a gift and tuck it into a pocket card (like a ticket to a girls night out for your friends) or simply use a ticket punch on the corners. Or, come up with a ticket-inspired idea of your own!

My third sample uses a tea bag holder card. I found it in this technique challenge and this thread. I changed mine to 3"x 3 1/2" to hold a gift card but it was a great size for this challenge too. Just cut your cardstock to 3 1/2" x 9". Score the long side every 3 inches. Make a diagonal cut on the last panel for the pocket, then adhere it closed with sticky strip.

Thanks for playing!

Uploading Instructions:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg arin1.jpg (58.1 KB, 230 views)
File Type: jpg Arin2.jpg (35.5 KB, 238 views)

Last edited by beadfreak22; 01-18-2008 at 06:09 PM..
Stazon Splitcoast

Title: Nail polish, mud MASK and Lotion
Hostess: Krista (austamper)
Keyword: JAN08VSNF
Time: 11:00 PM EST

I don't know about anyone else, but I like to take a little time prepping for a girls night out. Since I am single, my girls night out usually consists of checking out the eye candy and hoping for a response. But to get those responses, it requires some girly-girl preparation....you know, shaving, conditioning the hair, nail polish, lotion and a good old-fashioned facial mud MASK!

Your challenge is to create a card using the masking technique. You can make any kind of card you like, as long as the masking technique is included.

TUTORIAL FOR MASKING

Have fun and remember that the goal is to make it as attractive as possible, so it will receive all the attention!!

Uploading Instructions:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Krista.jpg (138.0 KB, 220 views)
File Type: jpg vsnF 001.JPG (94.3 KB, 204 views)

Last edited by nutsymuhl; 01-18-2008 at 07:16 PM..
Stazon Splitcoast

Title: PUNCHie Animals Challenge
Hostess: Faith (Markie's Mom)
Keyword: JAN08VSNG
Day/Date: Saturday, January 19th
Time: 12:00 PM EST

It�s Girls Night Out! That means we KIDS, get to PLAY!

I remember my grandma coming over and watching my sister and me when my parents would go out for the evening.

Grandma had a special goodie bag full of paper crafting items! We'd play with wrapping paper, butcher paper, old greeting cards, markers, crayons and special templates. Grandma was the greatest!

Grandma would draw creatures and we'd copy them. Then, we'd cut them out and paste them to poster board, and we'd have dioramas set up to display our animals. When our folks got home, there would be a homemade Art Show waiting!

In honor of my favorite childhood (heck, and ADULTHOOD) memories, I challenge you to use punches to create animals or bugs. You can make dioramas, paste them to paper, or make a card. It�s up to you!

Thanks for playing!

Uploading Instructions:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Faith.jpg (63.9 KB, 217 views)

Last edited by beadfreak22; 01-19-2008 at 08:04 AM..
Stazon Splitcoast

Title: Let's Do Our Nails... well, sort of...
Hostess: Erica (msdaiquiri)
Keyword: JAN08VSNH
Time: 1:00 PM EST

As a teenager, my parents were very protective about anything that involved boys, but they never minded if I went to or had slumber parties. One of the things my girlfriends and I used to do at slumber parties was paint our nails. We loved to do manicures and pedicures for each other.

So in honor of this special Girls Night Out, your mission (should you choose to accept it) is to make a card using the Polished Stone technique. Not only are these cards fun to make, but they are so pretty! So go wild and create something stunning,!

Beate has a wonderful tutorial for this technique:

Have fun and Thanks so much for playing!!!

Uploading Instructions:
File Type: jpg VSNGHJ 002.JPG (93.2 KB, 107 views)

Last edited by beadfreak22; 01-19-2008 at 09:03 AM..
Stazon Splitcoast

Title: "It's here, It's here, but not everyone can cheer"
Hostess: Tricia (supagal)
Keyword: JAN08VSNI
Time: 2:00 PM EST

Well, we've been planning this for so long and it's finally here...it's Girls Night Out! Oh no, what's this? One of our girlfriends is unable to join us? I know how disappointed I am when I am the one left at home, and I can't help but think about all the fun my friends are having without me.

So...this challenge is to make a "thinking of you" card for your girlfriend who is stuck at home or anyone else who might be on your mind! Just picture the smile on your girlfriend's face when she opens this card and realizes that even though she wasn't with you physically, she was on your mind.

Uploading Instructions:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tricia1.jpg (39.6 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg tricia2.jpg (66.2 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg tricia3.jpg (74.4 KB, 105 views)

Last edited by beadfreak22; 01-19-2008 at 10:16 AM..
Stazon Splitcoast

Title: Altered Composition Book
Hostess: Anita (stamphappy6805)
Keyword: JAN08VSNJ
Time: 3:00 PM EST

Welcome to Girls Night Out! My challenge for you is to make an altered composition book, because you may want to journal all the wild and wacky things that you do with your girlfriends. Try to keep it "girly", but make it your own. The composition book can be any size. I use two-sided red-lined tape to adhere the paper. You can also use Modge Podge if you want to have a Matte or Shiny finish and make sure that your embellies stick. Happy creating!

Trish's Awesome Composition Book Tutorial

Uploading Instructions:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Anitabook.jpg (112.4 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg Kathbook.jpg (59.3 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg VSNGHJ 004.JPG (104.8 KB, 113 views)

Last edited by beadfreak22; 01-19-2008 at 11:04 AM..
Stazon Splitcoast

Title: For the love of...CHOCOLATE!
Hostess: Denise (resqbarbie)
Keyword: JAN08VSNK
Time: 4:00 PM EST

What do girlfriends love more than gossiping? Well, maybe chocolate! And as far as chocolate goes, the MORE the BETTER! For this challenge, make a candy wrapper, box or candy slider for a friend. You can use any kind of candy you have sitting around (come on you KNOW you do!) Who wouldn't love to get a delicious candy bar in an awesomely cute wrapper?!

Here are some directions:

Candy Slider:
Thanks to Kristina Werner for her awesome tutorial!
http://kwernerdesign.com/blog/2007/0...ar-slider.html

Wrap-Around Candy Wrapper:
http://www.poshimpressions.com/projectsCandy.htm
http://www.agirlsworld.com/geri/quic...dywrapper.html
http://www.stampendous.com/projectsfdr/pjcandybar1.html

Nugget Boxes and wrappers:

Have fun and try not to eat the candy before you finish the challenge!

Uploading Instructions:

Here is a sample of the candy slider and matching card...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Denise.jpg (54.1 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg kathchoc.jpg (47.0 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg vsnk.JPG (99.6 KB, 100 views)

Last edited by beadfreak22; 01-19-2008 at 12:08 PM..
Stazon Splitcoast

Title: Bling It On
Hostess: Sherry (SherryLC05)
Keyword: JAN08VSNL
Time: 5:00 PM EST

When I think of going out with the girls, I think of getting dressed up in my sexiest outfit and putting on my high heels, makeup and jewelry for a night of fun. Well, our cards deserve to get dressed up for Girls Night Out, too! My challenge to you is to make a card that uses glitter or sparkles to give it some BLING

There are many products and techniques you can use to dress up your card with sparkle, such as Dazzling Diamonds, Iridescent Ice, or glitter windows. Stickles are great too! However you want to dress your card up for our Girls Night Out is perfectly fine -- just make sure it sparkles!

Here are some helpful tutorials you can check out if you want:

Dazzling Diamond Dust

Glitter Window

Uploading Instructions:

Last edited by beadfreak22; 01-19-2008 at 01:01 PM..
Stazon Splitcoast

Title: Everyone Needs Closure
Hostess: Jimmi (jpmayo)
Keyword: JAN08VSNM
Time: 6:00 PM EST

Ladies, have you ever been through a break-up or a hard time and you just needed to talk it over with your girlfriends because they are the only ones that would understand and give *closure* to the situation...?

Well, my challenge for you is to use any stamp set and any technique, just make your closure unique!

Some examples of cards with different types of closures are: Gate Cards, Z Fold Cards, Buckle Cards, Petal Cards, Trifold Cards, Flap Cards, Tent Cards�just to name a few, phew!

You can use Velcro, ribbon, Hodgepodge Hardware, punched shapes, or anything else you can imagine, to close your cards.

Most importantly, have fun and if you have any questions, please ask!

Uploading Instructions:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jimmi1.jpg (67.9 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg Jimmi2.jpg (41.9 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg Jimmi3.jpg (31.4 KB, 103 views)

Last edited by beadfreak22; 01-19-2008 at 02:03 PM..
Stazon Splitcoast

Title: Put On Your Big Girl Panties

Hostess: Frances (StampOwl)
Keyword: JAN08VSNN
Time: 7:00 PM EST

Part of any preparation for going on a girls night out is getting dressed! Now I am sure you can all remember your mother�s advice about putting on clean undies �. right?? LOL.

Well now it�s time to put on your big girl panties, as you have a challenge to do!

Your challenge is to create a �panty� card.

Your card can be shaped like a pair of panties, or you can use a panty-type stamp on your card. That part is entirely up to you!

If you need a template to help you with this challenge, I have supplied one below �. just enlarge or reduce it to meet your needs.

Uploading Instructions:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg vsnjan08n100%behindwm.jpg (128.6 KB, 213 views)
File Type: jpg VSNpantydogwm.jpg (121.7 KB, 194 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Frances' Panty Template.pdf (725.0 KB, 218 views)
Stazon Splitcoast

Title: Hats Off to You
Hostess: Jen (jen70)
Keyword: JAN08VSNO
Time: 8:00 PM EST

View the chat thread for this challenge here.

View the gallery for this challenge here.

In honor of the ladies who wear many hats in their families, from nurse to taxi cab driver, I'm challenging you to make a card with a hat on it. It may be a stamp, sticker, pre-made embellishment, or die cut. The hat may be the main image, or the main image may be wearing the hat. It could even be a hat-shaped tag. Be creative!

Here are some examples of hats to get you thinking:

graduation hats
birthday hats
snowmen hats
Santa hat
red hat society
football helmet
baseball cap
cowboy hat
a crown
witches hat
sun visor
chef's hat

Uploading Instructions:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jen70.jpg (82.7 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg VSNO 001.JPG (72.5 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg katho.jpg (97.8 KB, 62 views)

Last edited by nutsymuhl; 01-19-2008 at 04:17 PM..
Stazon Splitcoast

Title: The Eyes Have it!
Hostess: Kimme (MelenaPrincess)
Keyword: JAN08VSNP
Time: 9:00 PM EST

During the week I am so busy with my kids, I barely have time to take a shower much less time to look good. So when I get the opportunity to go out, I always make sure to spend a little extra time on my hair and make-up. I don't really use much in the way of foundation, etc, but I always accent my eyes with eyeliner and eye shadow to make them stand out.

My challenge to you is to make the most of your eyes…..EYELETS that is. Make a card using eyelets as an accent. You can use as many or as few as you like, as long as they are used on your card.

Uploading Instructions:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kimme1.jpg (1.9 KB, 987 views)
File Type: jpg kimme2.jpg (54.7 KB, 142 views)

Last edited by beadfreak22; 01-19-2008 at 05:04 PM..
Stazon Splitcoast

Title: Packing the Purse
Hostess: Taylor (stagccva)
Keyword: JAN08VSNQ
Time: 10:00 PM EST

Ok, you know how it is. Big night out. Hours doing your hair, working on the make-up, and picking out a super-fabulous outfit. And now that you're all ready for a night out, the last thing to do before meeting with the girls is to cram as much as possible into that adorable little bag that matches your outfit perfectly!

What to take....what to take....hmmmmm...I always think this is the hardest part! So here's my challenge to you -- follow the list to fit just the perfect essentials on your card. Have fun and good luck! And yes -- you HAVE to get it all on there (and nothing more) -- that's the challenge. No more, no less!!!

Stamps:
1 flower or other botanical
1 sentiment stamp
1 background stamp

Ink:
any

Paper:
3 different colors of cardstock (neutrals count as a color!)
2 different patterned papers

Tools: (use at least one)
cuttlebug
paper piercer
punches
sponge
distresser

Embellishments: (pick at least 3 different kinds of embellies for your card)

thread
ribbon
eyelets
brads
spiral clips
bling

Uploading Instructions:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kathq.jpg (102.5 KB, 150 views)
File Type: jpg VSNQ FJK3 002.JPG (90.0 KB, 152 views)
File Type: jpg taylorscard.jpg (94.6 KB, 140 views)

Last edited by beadfreak22; 01-19-2008 at 06:04 PM..
Stazon Splitcoast

Title: Standing at the Fridge Door
Hostesses: Kim (Nutsymuhl) and Katherine (beadfreak22) ** with special help from Holly (hollylogic) **
Keyword: JAN08VSNR
Time: 11:00 PM EST

You come home late after a night of partying with your friends...you're dead tired...and HUNGRY. You walk into the kitchen...open the refrigerator...and peer inside. Nothing but leftovers. You start grabbing random items...not really a meal, but it all tastes great.

Our challenge for you is to make a grid-type card using only the supplies that are out on your table *right now*. Because this is the final Girls Night Out challenge,at least 63% of the stamping stuff you own should be out on your workspace by now. If you stamp like we do, you should have plenty of options. If by chance you are an orderly stamper and have been cleaning up between each challenge (notice we didn't call you neat freaks?:rolleyes: ), you may retrieve cutting tools and adhesives from your stash, along with one card base.

Have fun and really let your imagination run wild! We can't wait to see what you come up with!

Uploading Instructions:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Serendipity.jpg (86.5 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg Serendipity 2.jpg (101.8 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg VSNR 001.JPG (92.1 KB, 111 views)

Last edited by beadfreak22; 01-19-2008 at 07:02 PM..
Stazon Splitcoast

Title: I Just Can't Get Enough of VSN!
Keyword: JAN08VSNFUN
Day/Date: Sunday, January 20th
Time: 3:00 pm EST

Can't Get Enough of VSN??? Neither can we!

For those of you who have expressed sorrow that Girls Night Out is over, THIS CHALLENGE IS FOR YOU!!!!

Choose one of the cards that you made during Girls Night Out VSN ~ one you thought "Sheesh, I wish I'd thought to do THIS with it..." or "If only I'd had longer than 45 minutes, I'd have done THAT..." ~ and REMAKE it just the way you wish you'd made it in the first place. When you upload your creation, please include a link to the original card in your description.

Because this is a BONUS challenge, the usual VSN rules will not apply. Here are the rules for THIS challenge:

1. Take as much time as you like ~ the 45-minute time-limit has been waived.

2. You will have three (3) days to upload your creations ~ upload by 11:00 pm EST on Wednesday, January 22nd.

3. Submissions for this challenge will not be eligible for special honors. This is just for FUN!

ENJOY!!!!

Last edited by beadfreak22; 01-20-2008 at 12:46 PM..