Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Virtual Stamp Night Archive (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/virtual-stamp-night-archive-327/)
-   -   FEB VSN QUESTIONS (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/virtual-stamp-night-archive-327/feb-vsn-questions-116922/)

momof2stampers 01-31-2006 10:00 AM

FEB VSN QUESTIONS

Please post questions here.

Please do not open new threads to post a single question. If you have a question, please PM me or Beth. We do not necessarily see the questions if you post them. You have to PM us if you expect an answer. If you create a new thread, it creates confusion for other people who do not completely understand VSN. Also, if you create a new thread, it will often be overlooked and your questions won't get answered.

I've merged a bunch of threads that all said the same thing. So, if you're looking for a thread that says moved, look at the other thread with the same topic to find it.

There will be an announcement regarding the schedule Wednesday night, Feb 1 at 7:00 MT

Hope everyone tunes in to find out when VSN starts!!!!!! It's going to be a great VSN, and I hope everyone is just as excited as I am!!!!!!

luvtostampstampstamp 01-31-2006 10:11 AM

Thank you, I posted a question on another thread and maybe it's not confimred yet based on your above post! Was wondering when Friday night's activites started! Guess I'll know tomorrow! LOL!

jen9853 02-07-2006 03:10 PM

I thought about PM'ing you, then thought I'd post this here just for the benefit of the rest of the VSN gang...

Is the upload deadline still noon on Sunday? Or did that get changed?

Thanks!!!
Princess Hugs! :)
Jen

cobrielle 02-07-2006 04:05 PM

So what you're saying is you want me to start another 5 threads in VSN and ask a different question in each one, right? ;)

JOKING!!!!!!!!!

sorry, I feel a bit like a brat tonight........

momof2stampers 02-07-2006 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jen9853
I thought about PM'ing you, then thought I'd post this here just for the benefit of the rest of the VSN gang...

Is the upload deadline still noon on Sunday? Or did that get changed?

Thanks!!!
Princess Hugs! :)
Jen

It will still be noon. We checked with Jenn Balcer and asked if it would help SCS if we extended the deadline. She (and Daven) don't think would make a difference. THey also added another server, so we shouldn't have a problem this month.

jen9853 02-07-2006 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momof2stampers
It will still be noon. We checked with Jenn Balcer and asked if it would help SCS if we extended the deadline. She (and Daven) don't think would make a difference. THey also added another server, so we shouldn't have a problem this month.

Thanks Karen!!! :)

BettyBoop032004 02-08-2006 08:53 AM

When it comes to judging, is there going to be an extended time for people to comment? That is if you are still doing the PC award :)

jen9853 02-08-2006 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BettyBoop032004
When it comes to judging, is there going to be an extended time for people to comment? That is if you are still doing the PC award :)

Oh! That's a GREAT question!!!

momof2stampers 02-08-2006 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BettyBoop032004

WE will not be having a people's choice this time. It was very difficult to manage last time and many of the hostesses were frustrated by the category when giving their prizes.

jen9853 02-08-2006 06:38 PM

Thanks for answering that Karen.

emarj 02-10-2006 12:40 AM

when is the last challenge of the night?

momof2stampers 02-10-2006 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emarj
when is the last challenge of the night?

The last challenge tonight will be posted at 8:30, and tomorrow night it will be 9:30 (the secret hostess' timeslot)

jstarbright 02-10-2006 05:48 AM

Oh my the secret hostess is last??????? You really know how to torment us to the very end,lol!!!!!! This is going to be such fun, fun, fun!

jen9853 02-10-2006 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jstarbright
Oh my the secret hostess is last??????? You really know how to torment us to the very end,lol!!!!!! This is going to be such fun, fun, fun!

You're so right Joni! Talk about dragging out the suspense!!!

stepheb 02-10-2006 06:18 AM

Is there a schedule posted yet of all of the challenge times? I am seriously VERY BAD at keeping track of when they begin - I get caught up in the challenge itself.....

momof2stampers 02-10-2006 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stepheb
Is there a schedule posted yet of all of the challenge times? I am seriously VERY BAD at keeping track of when they begin - I get caught up in the challenge itself.....

The start times are 5:30 tonight (kids) and 6:15 for the other challenges. They will be posted every 45 minutes.

Tomorrow the fun starts at 1:00 MT and will be posted every 45 minutes. there will only be 1 or 2 bonuses.

jen9853 02-10-2006 06:22 AM

Quote:

I made up a spreadsheet to fill in as the challenges are posted. You may find that helpful!

It's here: //www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119465

And this is the thread where all of the challenges will be posted: //www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119348

I found last time that the spreadsheet really helped me. I've done VSN since May of last year, and January was the first time I used a spreadsheet.

stepheb 02-10-2006 06:25 AM

thanks for the spreadsheet! I am going to use it to prerecord the times - I am soo bad at keeping track of things!

jen9853 02-10-2006 06:49 AM

Quote:

thanks for the spreadsheet! I am going to use it to prerecord the times - I am soo bad at keeping track of things!

I hope it'll help ya keep it all straight! :) That way you can concentrate on just having fun!

SkyesMom 02-10-2006 11:43 AM

So every 45 minute we do something different and then we upload it all on monday???

jen9853 02-10-2006 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prozacstampinmama
So every 45 minute we do something different and then we upload it all on monday???

Yes, every 45 minutes (or so) a new challenge will be posted, and you have a 45 minute time frame to complete your creation.

You upload as soon as you can, but the deadline is noon (Mountain Time) on SATURDAY for tonight's challenges, and noon on SUNDAY for tomorrow's challenges.

rhondag 02-10-2006 01:23 PM

Question:

May we lurk/stop in and make "great job" posts as photos are approved or are those not allowed since the contest is being judged? (Would it influence the judges or crash the servers or something?) I wasn't around last month, so I don't want to try the challenges yet-I want to see how this works first KWIM?

showmestamper 02-10-2006 01:26 PM

Of course you may "lurk" but you really oughta play, girlfriend! Play along and upload too! Really, it is all just for fun!

SheStampsHeCamps 02-10-2006 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhondag
Question:

May we lurk/stop in and make "great job" posts as photos are approved or are those not allowed since the contest is being judged? (Would it influence the judges or crash the servers or something?) I wasn't around last month, so I don't want to try the challenges yet-I want to see how this works first KWIM?

Oh... don't just lurk!! I did my first VSN last month, and it was SO much fun! You don't have to feel you need to do ALL the challenges (MAN, does ANYONE actually get them ALL DONE??). At least, just do a few!! Try one tonight!!! Then, tomorrow night.... go for a few!! Honestly, you will NOT be sorry!!

jen9853 02-10-2006 01:38 PM

Joan and Beth are right! Play a few! Or even one!

Trust me, once you lurk and see how much fun everyone is having, you're gonna want to join in!!!!!

Jeanne S 02-10-2006 01:39 PM

Join in - it's too much fun!!!

rhondag 02-10-2006 04:06 PM

Thanks all! I'll try a simple one if I can, and I will comment like a crazy girl! :)

jen9853 02-10-2006 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhondag
Thanks all! I'll try a simple one if I can, and I will comment like a crazy girl! :)

That's great Rhonda! So many VSN cards don't get comments, I think just because there's not enough time. I hope you enjoy yourself, whether you stamp or not!

etsdas 02-10-2006 06:57 PM

I am trying to figure out the schedule - are some challenges 30 and some 45 minutes? Would like to be sure how much time I have for each one as I will be playing catch up!

jen9853 02-10-2006 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etsdas
I am trying to figure out the schedule - are some challenges 30 and some 45 minutes? Would like to be sure how much time I have for each one as I will be playing catch up!

Hi Dorothy!

They are supposed to be 45 minutes. They may get posted 5 or 10 minutes off, just because of computer issues. But, 45 minutes is the time limit for each card.

HTH!
Jen

momof2stampers 02-10-2006 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etsdas

You always have 45 minutes.

SOmetimes there are bonus challenges added 15 minutes after the last challenge, but you still have 45 minutes for each. Sometimes the bonus challenges are nice if soemone is skipping a challenge.

badmom66666 02-10-2006 07:10 PM

Just wanted to say that the site held up pretty well 2nite, was glad to see that, gives hope for tomorrow nite!

neith 02-10-2006 07:19 PM

Can we go back and do ones we skipped?

Ok, If I skipped a challenge in order to clean up my hands and workspace... since the night's work is over can I go back and do the one that I skipped if I stick to the 45 minutes? It's my first time... (Ann/VexedAngel lured me here!) So I'm not really sure of the rules!

showmestamper 02-10-2006 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neith
Ok, If I skipped a challenge in order to clean up my hands and workspace... since the night's work is over can I go back and do the one that I skipped if I stick to the 45 minutes? It's my first time... (Ann/VexedAngel lured me here!) So I'm not really sure of the rules!

Yep! You can go back and do a challenge that you missed or skipped. Just be sure to limit your time on it to 45 minutes. :)

neith 02-10-2006 07:25 PM

Hehe... What about if I looked at a card after the time limit when I finished 10 minutes early and want to add ten more minutes of work to it? hehe.. I know I loaded one and added changes before the original 45 minutes were up... but Now I'm thinking I want a touch more on another!

SkyesMom 02-10-2006 07:31 PM

How long does VSN last tomorrow??

momof2stampers 02-10-2006 07:33 PM

Quote:

How long does VSN last tomorrow??

It starts at 1:00 MT and the last challenge will be posted at 9:30 MT. THere are a total of 14 challenges tomorrow.

momof2stampers 02-10-2006 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badmom66666
Just wanted to say that the site held up pretty well 2nite, was glad to see that, gives hope for tomorrow nite!

I agree. I noticed the gallery slowly down a little, but it was not too bad considering what happened in Jan.

SkyesMom 02-10-2006 07:35 PM

Wow thats a lot. But Im ready thanks

momof2stampers 02-10-2006 07:36 PM

Quote:

Wow thats a lot. But Im ready thanks

That's why the tailgate is a good warm-up. Also keep in mind, you don't have to do it all! Very few people do all the challenges.