Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Virtual Stamp Night Archive (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/virtual-stamp-night-archive-327/)
-   -   DON'T PANIC if the site goes down! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/virtual-stamp-night-archive-327/dont-panic-if-site-goes-down-131867/)

jen9853 03-24-2006 11:15 AM

DON'T PANIC if the site goes down!

Happy VSN Tailgate Day, everyone!!

The site has been a little wonky the last hour or so... I just want to remind everyone not to panic! That's our job! Tee hee!

Daven is back from his much deserved vacation, and promised to keep a close eye on the servers.

If we happen to lose the site during VSN (which is bound to happen with high traffic!), don't worry! We will extend the upload deadline if we happen to lose a lot of time.

If something happens to the site during a time when a challenge should have been posted, instead of delaying the entire VSN and keeping all of our lovely Rock Stars from sleep, we will just post the missed challenges all at once when the site comes back up, and continue on schedule.

If the site does go down, let's not flood Daven with PM's... he'll have enough to worry about, taking care of the servers. We'll figure it all out, don't worry.

So, sit back and relax... if the site goes down and you don't have any challenges to work on, go get a snack, take the dog for a spin around the block, read a story to your kids, do some jumping jacks, snuggle your kitty, whatever floats your boat. Look at it as a blessing to have a break during the frenzy, not as a horrible interruption to your evening of fun.

See you all tonight!

Happy VSNing!

Jen and Suzie

cincystamper 03-24-2006 11:36 AM

Great reminder that the night's purpose is FUN not stress!

kimreid_stamper 03-24-2006 11:54 AM

Great pointers, Jen!! Can't wait for the fun to begin!!!!

mrikitty 03-24-2006 12:05 PM

i say

if the site goes down everyone stamp a sympathy card for it's temporary demise ( so as to keep stamping) or stamp an "atta boy" card for daven to send to him afterwards! (again to keep us stamping :rolleyes:

jen9853 03-24-2006 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrikitty
if the site goes down everyone stamp a sympathy card for it's temporary demise ( so as to keep stamping) or stamp an "atta boy" card for daven to send to him afterwards! (again to keep us stamping :rolleyes:

What a fantastic idea!!! Daven could use some encouragement and tokens of our appreciation!!!

nasmith1701 03-24-2006 12:43 PM

Quote:

I think that is a great idea!

Jeanne S 03-24-2006 12:49 PM

Very good idea posting this Jen! It always works itself out... even with a few hiccups:)

pixiepinkgirl 03-24-2006 12:51 PM

Thanks for posting! Looking forward to the pre-game tonight :)

jen9853 03-24-2006 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanne S
Very good idea posting this Jen! It always works itself out... even with a few hiccups:)

The idea was actually StampinDeedee's! I won't take credit for thinking of it. :)

jen9853 03-24-2006 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pixiepinkgirl
Thanks for posting! Looking forward to the pre-game tonight :)

Me too!

winnie_555 03-24-2006 01:24 PM

Great ideas! Thanks for the 'preemptive' directions...it's nice to know we aren't going to panic if things go down...maybe we could all make up our own challenges and stamp away! ha ha!

H

nasmith1701 03-24-2006 01:28 PM

(totally off topic) Heather - that is an awesome picture!

jen9853 03-24-2006 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winnie_555
Great ideas! Thanks for the 'preemptive' directions...it's nice to know we aren't going to panic if things go down...maybe we could all make up our own challenges and stamp away! ha ha!

H

Yup, no panicking (how do you spell that word?!) allowed!

StampinDeedee 03-24-2006 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jen9853
The idea was actually StampinDeedee's! I won't take credit for thinking of it. :)

Yeah, I'm the paranoid one! LOL!!! Seriously, I was having a lot of trouble getting on SCS earlier today, and just wanted everyone to understand this sometimes happens when all of try to get on at once, and though it can be frustrating, we'll work around it if need be, and have FUN!!!!

OK, now, is anyone else feeling like a giddy little 4-year-old waiting to open her Christmas presents? Me, me, me!!!! :p

StampinDeedee 03-24-2006 02:34 PM

Quote:

Ooh -- this sounds like a great idea for an official April VSN Challenge!!! He does so much work for us all the time -- wouldn't it be fun to flood him with cards from all of us?

jen9853 03-24-2006 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinDeedee
Yeah, I'm the paranoid one! LOL!!! Seriously, I was having a lot of trouble getting on SCS earlier today, and just wanted everyone to understand this sometimes happens when all of try to get on at once, and though it can be frustrating, we'll work around it if need be, and have FUN!!!!

OK, now, is anyone else feeling like a giddy little 4-year-old waiting to open her Christmas presents? Me, me, me!!!! :p

<------ me me me too!!!

jen9853 03-24-2006 02:35 PM

Quote:

Ooh -- this sounds like a great idea for an official April VSN Challenge!!! He does so much work for us all the time -- wouldn't it be fun to flood him with cards from all of us?

I wish I knew how much money we had in donations to give away... I'd love to be able to post it as an "official" challenge!

StampinDeedee 03-24-2006 02:42 PM

Quote:

<------ me me me too!!!

Have you ever seen that Mervyn's Super Sale commercial (do they have Mervyn's in Canada?) where the lady is at the doors to the store in the middle of the night, with her face pressed to the window, and her fingers moving on the glass saying, "Open, open, open, open...." That's me...my face pressed (figuratively...LOL) to the monitor.

jbalcer 03-24-2006 02:45 PM

Quote:

His birthday *is* coming around. . .

kimreid_stamper 03-24-2006 02:52 PM

Quote:

Have you ever seen that Mervyn's Super Sale commercial (do they have Mervyn's in Canada?) where the lady is at the doors to the store in the middle of the night, with her face pressed to the window, and her fingers moving on the glass saying, "Open, open, open, open...." That's me...my face pressed (figuratively...LOL) to the monitor.

I totally know the commercial you're talking about!! I love that one!!!

jen9853 03-24-2006 02:55 PM

Quote:

ROFL!!! That's US!!!

jen9853 03-24-2006 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbalcer
His birthday *is* coming around. . .

REALLY?!

winnie_555 03-24-2006 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nasmith1701
(totally off topic) Heather - that is an awesome picture!

Awe! Thanks! That one was taken last spring while on holidays in San Francisco! Looking at it makes me feel so happy & carefree! Also, the bright blue colour makes it easy to find on the forums when scanning for my posts so I can see if anyone has replied!

Thanks again!
H

winnie_555 03-24-2006 03:10 PM

Quote:

I use to LOVE that commercial...and yes, we use to have it in Canada...I haven't seen it in years mind you!

I feel like that...waiting is painful!

H

kathynruss 03-24-2006 04:33 PM

So glad to hear that Daven is back, but he needs to update his headliner on the home page to say, "FROM VACATION, WE ARE BACK!" :rolleyes:

jen9853 03-25-2006 03:18 PM

Just bumping this important bit of info to the top... we've had a few snags tonight, but we will prevail!

wagonwheelorchard 03-25-2006 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanne S

UM...what she said! Thanks for this Jeanne! I hope everyone feels this way now!

mamakimberly 03-25-2006 05:32 PM

It has done remarkably well tonight!! I'm impressed!!

jen9853 03-25-2006 06:31 PM

We're having some major hiccups the last half hour or so everyone, bear with us!

CardFanatic 03-25-2006 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamakimberly
It has done remarkably well tonight!! I'm impressed!!

Really :confused:

My DH thinks we should call VSN "Crash the Server Night"! LOL! :razz: It hasn't kicked me off, but it's been difficult to load pics and post comments.

jen9853 03-25-2006 06:35 PM

Ha! Yeah, that's a good name for VSN! :)

CardFanatic 03-25-2006 06:38 PM

Quote:

We're having some major hiccups the last half hour or so everyone, bear with us!

We must have posted at the same time. Glad to know it's not just me. I do have an old computer. :D