Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-01-2009, 11:07 AM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AUG09VSNSNA~AUG 1st~SNACKS~MASTER CHALLENGE THREAD~

This thread will have all of the challenges posted for this evening's SNACKS challenges.
This thread will be locked to chat. Each challenge, however, will have a chat thread for your chatting pleasure.

Enjoy what the Paper Chefs have cooked up for you!!

Last edited by Robyn O; 08-01-2009 at 11:29 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 01:00 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default AUG09VSNSNA1~SAT, AUG 1ST~5PM EDT~SCRATCH & SNIFF BIRTHDAY TREAT~CHAT THREAD

Title: "Scratch & Sniff Birthday Treat"
Hostess: Jen (JenniferO)
Keyword: AUG09VSNSNA1
Day/Date: Saturday, August 1, 2009
Time: 5PM (EDT)

I have so many birthdays during the summer months, including my own. And it is always handy to have a nice treat to give as a simple gift.

My challenge to you is to make a simple birthday treat to give and you must use the Scratch N Sniff technique to make it sweet!

You can make a card, treat bag, gift bag, etc. using the Scratch N Sniff technique on some part of it. Have fun making a sweet treat for someone else!

(tutorial for the Scratch N Sniff technique can be found in the resource section of SCS)

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EDT ON SUNDAY, AUGUST 2nd
2. You have 45 minutes to complete the challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword (AUG09VSNSNA1) when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in the chat thread just in case the gallery is being testy.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE

Last edited by Robyn O; 08-01-2009 at 01:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 01:04 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Jenn had an unexpected family issue come up and will be unable to be here tonight. I am stepping in with her challenge and will be here to answer questions.

Last edited by Robyn O; 08-01-2009 at 01:05 PM.. Reason: Wrong thread
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 02:00 PM   #4  
Forum Fanatic

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Title: PASS THE CHIPS PLEASE!
Hostess: Sandy (stampingwriter)
Keyword: AUG09VSNSNA2
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Time: 6PM (EDT)

Many of us in the United States grew up with a TV ad that used to challenge �bet you can�t eat just one,� referring to potato chips. Well, no, I can�t eat just one, but when it comes to stamping, I like a different kind of chip. ... Paint chips. You know, those cards with samples of paint colors that they have by the wall-full at Lowe�s and Home Depot (not to mention paint stores and even Wal-Mart). Paint chips are a great ingredient because they come in all shapes and sizes. They come in single-color, shades of one color, coordinating colors that can work as a color scheme, and in different finishes like crackled, ragged and suede. Best of all � you can get gobs of them for FREE.

A paint chip can be used just like cardstock or DP. You can stamp on it, heat-emboss on it, emboss it with a cuttlebug folder, cut it into shapes, use it behind your main image as a layer� you get the idea.

My challenge is for you to incorporate a paint chip into your card. This is a �ways to use it� challenge, so be as creative as you can, showing everyone how to use those fabulous chips.

Please tell us where you got your chip in the writeup when you post your card -- that way we'll know where to find the best chips.

A few words of advice: When stamping on paint chips, dye ink will smear. I have had good luck using StaZon or using VersaMark and EP.
If you want, you can erase the writing on the paint chip (paint name and number, etc). Use a regular eraser, moving it lightly in a circular motion.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EDT ON SUNDAY, AUGUST 2nd.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword (AUG09VSNSNA2 ) when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in the chat thread just in case the gallery is being testy.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1 paint chip.jpg (40.7 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg 3 paint chip.jpg (50.3 KB, 31 views)
Teapot Tuesday participant

Last edited by Robyn O; 08-01-2009 at 02:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 03:00 PM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

Title: POP IN FOR A GOOD TIME
Hostess: Stephanie (crafterthoughts)
Keyword: AUG09VSNSNA3
Day/Date: SATURDAY, AUGUST 1, 2009
Time: 7PM (EDT)

I love popcorn! The smell. The crunch. The buttery, salty goodness. Give it to me from the microwave, a hot air popper, or a kettle. A movie just isn't a movie without popcorn. Cracker Jacks, Moose Munch, Caramel Corn, Popcorn Balls, Cheese Popcorn - oh my!! Bless you, Orville Redenbacher!

(don't you wish Scratch-n-Sniff screens were available right now?)

My challenge is...
Create a popcorn inspired card/project. It could be a Jiffy Pop topper, a popcorn box, or a microwave popcorn wrap. How about a movie rental gift card holder! Get inspired from the colors of popcorn or try a card with a popcorn-related sentiment:
  • E-kernel-y Yours
  • For a Pop-Pop-Popular Teacher
  • I don't mean to be corny, but you're the greatest

If you'd like, here's a template for creating a popcorn box
(You may also use the Cricut Tags, Bags, Boxes & More cartridge, if you have it)

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword (AUG09VSNSNA2) when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in the chat thread just in case the gallery is being testy.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg AUG09VSNSNA3jiffy.jpg (71.8 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg AUG09VSNSNA3wrapper.jpg (52.4 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by Robyn O; 08-01-2009 at 03:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 03:59 PM   #6  
Watercolor Wizard

Title: NACHO PLATTER!
Hostess: Carole (ckbythesea)
Keyword: AUG09VSNSNA4
Day/Date: Saturday, August 1, 2009
Time: 8PM EDT

Mmm, there are so many great ways to snack! I love to make and share a great plate of nachos. Now, I am not talking stale chips with Velveeta-like gooey sauce, oh no! Salsa is as crucial as cheese! And then there are all the other yummy additions that make them the ultimate snack . . .

HERE IS YOUR RECIPE:

� Make a great plate of nachos to share with us all! A card of course! It may be any theme, but use at least four ingredients (colors) and you must include CORN CHIPS and SALSA, but no colors that don�t belong on your nachos.

� The recipe requires that you heat them before serving. This means you must use ANY technique that involves heat on your card (heat embossing, wax paper resist, soot stamping, or even just buring the edges of your paper) Heat embossing is my personal go-to heat technique. Any and all embellishments are fine but not required.

YOUR REQUIRED INGREDIENTS:

Corn chips: yellow corn (So Saffron, Barely Banana or a similar earthy yellow) or white corn (vanilla or ivory). Sorry, the blue corn chips are not available tonight!

Salsa (fresh): Real Red, Riding Hood Red, or another red for chilies and tomatoes

SELECT TWO OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING INGREDIENTS:

Refried pinto beans: Close to Cocoa, Kraft, or similar color

Cheese: Real Monterey Jack or Cheddar (vanilla, ivory, or orange)

Guacamole, Green onions, Jalapeno slices, or Cilantro (I would use all of these ): Garden Green or similar bright herby green

Black olives (sliced or chopped): black

Sour Cream: white

Red onions: tend to be more purple than red, use any such color

MAKE SURE TO HEAT YOUR NACHOS!

Show us all your yummiest plate of nachos!

Then if you want to make some Ultimate Nachos check out Alton Brown's recipe:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/a...pe2/index.html

Happy snacking!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword (AUG09VSNSNA4) when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in the chat thread just in case the gallery is being testy.

Last edited by Robyn O; 08-01-2009 at 04:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 04:59 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Title: ALLERGIC TO. . . ?
Hostess: peggysue
Keyword: AUG09VSNSNA5
Day/Date: SATURDAY, AUGUST 1, 2009
Time: 9PM EDT

We all know someone with a food allergy. Some folks are drastically affected by peanuts, others seafood. I have celiac disease, which means creative cooking in our house! Celiac disease is a sensitivity to wheat gluten and other grains, so that translates into no bread, waffles, cupcakes, cream soups, cookies, bagels, pizza, BBQ sauce, etc.

While most of our Paper Chef VSN challenges have that little something extra, my challenge is the opposite, to create a card without. Create a card without ink, and that means no reinkers, no ink pads, no classic, craft, palette, versamark or otherwise. No markers, crayons, paint, pencils or computer generated (therefore printed) images or sentiments.

You MAY use cardstock, designer paper, punches, eyelets, brads, stickers, lace, buttons, twine -- but no inks or marking tools. You're allergic.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword (AUG09VSNSNA5) when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg noink!.jpg (34.7 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by Robyn O; 08-01-2009 at 05:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes