Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 06-19-2009, 01:43 PM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AUG09VSNAPP MASTER CHALLENGE THREAD

This thread will have all of the challenges posted for this evenings APPETIZERS challenges; for your viewing convenience.

This thread will be locked to chat however, each challenge will have a chat thread for your chatting pleasure :mrgreen:

Enjoy what the Paper and Embellishment Chefs have cooked up for you!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Stazon Splitcoast

TITLE: "DARTH TATOR SKINS"
HOSTESS: ROBYN (ROBYN O)
KEYWORD: AUG09VSNAPP1
DAY/DATE: FRIDAY, 19TH JUNE 2009
TIME: 6:00 PM (EDT)
I love potatoes and especially crunchy baked pototo skins. You can top them with just about anything that you want, butter, green onions, bacon, cheese, olives. They can be a meal in themselves or are great as Appetizers.
My challenge is...make a card using the colors you find in your baked potato skins...brown (skin, bacon), white (potato meat), yellow (butter, cheese), green (green onions, olives). Now let's shake things up a bit, your card must also have the secret ingredient....RED for paprika or tomatos. This can be glitter, ink, markers, etc.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EDT ON SUNDAY, JUNE 21st.
2. You have 45 minutes to complete the challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword (AUG09VSNAPP1) when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in the chat thread just in case the gallery is being testy.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE

GO TO THE CHAT THREAD FOR THIS CHALLEGE HERE

<O:p</O:p
<v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 class=inlineimg title=Razz border="0" src="<a href=" target="_blank" icon_razz.gif? smilies images forums images.splitcoaststampers.com http: path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 class=inlineimg title=Razz border="0" src="<a href=" target="_blank" icon_razz.gif? smilies images forums images.splitcoaststampers.com http: path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f">Mom's Cooking Darth Tator Skins by Robyn O at Splitcoaststampers

</v:shapetype></v:shapetype>

Last edited by strongcanadianbeauty; 06-19-2009 at 02:23 PM..
Crimping Master

Title: "Vietnamese Spring Rolls"
Hostess: Yvonne ~Vonnie64~
Keyword: AUG09VSNAPP2
Day/Date: Friday, June 19/09
Time: 7:00 PM (EDT)

Vietnamese Spring Rolls are a fairly new discovery of mine, having tried them last summer when Trish (strongcanadianbeauty) took me out for Vietnamese food. These crispy and delightful appetizers are a wonderful combination of veggies and meat rolled in a rice wrapper and deep fried. According to legend, Spring Rolls have their origins in the annual Chinese New Year celebration, called the Spring Festival. The first spring rolls featured fresh vegetables from the spring harvest; meat was added later.

My challenge to you is to make a Paper Spring Card (also known as a Spiral pop up card). Click here for the tutorial: http://tinyurl.com/nhelo7 If you don�t have a 1 3/4� punch, just cut a circle of at least that size. You can make 2 paper springs if you like!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EDT ON SUNDAY, JUNE 21
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image.
4. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
5. It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in the chat thread just in case the gallery is being testy.

PAPER SPRING CARD GALLERY HERE

Attachment 150892 Attachment 150893
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P6020020.JPG (154.7 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg P6020022.JPG (154.0 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by strongcanadianbeauty; 06-19-2009 at 03:05 PM..
Die Cut Diva

TITLE: "OOEY, GOOEY CHEESE!"
HOSTESS: COBI ~lilorangemouse~
KEYWORD: AUG09VSNAPP3
DAY/DATE: FRIDAY, JUNE 19th, 2009
TIME: 8:00 PM

If you have ever hosted a home party by Epicure Selections, you have tasted the wonderful delicacy called Extraordinary Cheese Dip! It's an ooey, gooey cheese dip and I love it! Yum! Yum! Yum!

I love cheese! And I especially love how this gooey cheese mixture becomes stringy when you scoop it up with a piece of bread or a cracker! It's such a treat!

So, my challenge to you is to make a pull treat box. You can view the tutorial here.

Note - if you do not have a candy bar on hand, you can create your own treat (a special stamped bookmark or message, perhaps a bag of microwave popcorn, ect.) to pull.

I can't wait to see your creations!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword AUG09VSNAPP3 when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in the chat thread just in case the gallery is being testy.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (98.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 3a.jpg (81.6 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by strongcanadianbeauty; 06-20-2009 at 09:04 AM..
Die Cut Diva

Title: "Herb n' Man"
Hostess: Trish ~strongcanadianbeauty~
Keyword: AUG09VSNAPP4
Day/Date: Friday, June, 19/09
Time: 9:00 PM (EST)

Who doesn�t love appetizers? They come in all sizes, flavours, colours and temperatures!!! Two things all appetizers have in common are herbs and men!!!! Whether the dish is laden with herbs, like in a great hot artichoke and cheese dip; or used as a garnish on the side, herbs are a fun part of appetizers and men are never far from them (or any food)!!!

My challenge is��for you to make a masculine card using the colour green, in honour of herbs!!!!

You might choose to use a few different shades of green, maybe you have the perfect herb like stamp, maybe you still need to make a Father�s Day card�here�s your chance!!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY, JUNE 21st
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, AUG09VSNAPP4 , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg AUG09VSNAPP4.jpg (70.1 KB, 15 views)
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

TITLE: "TIME TO BAKE"
HOSTESS: CAV (MAGGIE'S MUMMY)
KEYWORD: AUG09VSNAPP1
DAY/DATE: FRIDAY, 19TH JUNE 2009
TIME: 10:00 PM (EDT)

I love to cook. Of late, I've been watching the first Australian series of Master Chef which has been on every night for a few weeks now. It has inspired me to cook more and be more creative. I have never tried making a souffle, but some of the souffles that have been made on Master Chef have been very impressive indeed. There's something about how a souffle rises and rises and rises that is just amazing!!!!

So, today you will be making a card using a Faux Liquid Applique technique. This technique comes to us from Donna over at Butternut Sage Designs (what an appropriate name for this challenge, don't you think?)

For this technique, you will need:

Equal parts of all-purpose (plain) flour and ordinary table salt
A little water
Your choice of reinker
Heat tool

Simply mix the flour and salt together and add just a little bit of water to make a paste - you don't want it to be too runny. Add a drop or two of your reinker until you get the colour you want. Now apply the "paste" to your image (this is great to create the tops of cupcakes, clouds, snow - anything that you want a lumpy definition for). Heat with your heat tool until it puffs up and sets. Then you can decorate your puffed up piece before adding it to your card.

You should check out Donna's youtube tutorial.

My sample card can be found HERE.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword (AUG09VSNAPP5) when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Last edited by strongcanadianbeauty; 06-19-2009 at 07:31 PM..