Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-22-2006, 04:02 PM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: imprisoned temporarily in my own house! arrrgh!!&^%$#@
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runamok
I loved it! I couldn't play Saturday till nignt, but I had so much fun for the parts I could do! My only thing is I was wondering about one little break to get food or whatever--I have hypoglycemia and anemia, and I just can't make it through without getting a snack, but I have to wait until I get my card done and hope I've got 10 min or so between the challenges to grab something. I mean, like one break in the Saturday or something. 15 min or 30. With that out, I will also say that if no one wants a break, don't put one in. Obvioulsy, I made it through, and had so much fun, it was all wonderful. If anyone needed to, they could just skip one challenge anyway. Just a thought
You do not have to do the 9;15 challenge at 9:15, KWIM?? you can do them whenever. I think we all break for dinner and then work on what challenges we want. Personally I always save one or 2 to do on Sunday.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2006, 06:00 PM   #42  
Stazon Splitcoast

I love the idea of the Gallery. Even though I have my own...hopefully more people will view the card i created.

I always knew I was dirty material now I am a dirty VSN girl!

My life in a blogshell

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground the devil say's "Oh Crap, she's up!"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2006, 06:33 PM   #43  
Stazon Splitcoast

Who ever thought up the special gallery for winners as a prize it a complete genious!! I totally love that idea! Instant gratification, instant reward and no extra work for the coordinators! Vsn was great and it seems that all went smoothly! My only comment/suggestion is that Im not really fond of the themes. Well, I guess it isnt the themes themselves so much as how closely the challenges seem to have to adhere to the theme. I think it limits the creativity somewhat of the hostesses since they have to come up with something that 'fits in' and it seemed to limit me somewhat as well. I suggest that having a theme is great but keep it more open so you can run the gamut of all possible ideas out there. Or maybe have one night be anything goes and the next day be theme related. There are always such great ideas brought to the table for vsn and I'd hate to see that stifled.

That being said though, It was a great time and everyone did a wonderful job!! Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2006, 04:42 AM   #44  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

As a VSN veteran...........This one totally rocked!!! I can't think of a thing that needed improvement. I really like the no prize thing. Just playing is a huge prize. Thanks again ladies!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2006, 04:43 AM   #45  
Hardware Hotshot

This VSN was awesome!! As were the other two that I've participated in this year. What fun!!! All the coordinators, hostesses and behind-the-scene folks did a great job!

The special *Molly* gallery is a WONDERFUL way to recognize and display the winners! FOR - EV - ER!! Love, love, love it!! It also takes the prize collection and distribution out of it. That had to be a pain in the you know what!

I'm looking forward to the next VSN!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2006, 09:50 AM   #46  
Hardware Hotshot

I am so sorry I missed this VSN!! DH and I were busy DIY-ing while the kids were at their grandparents house. The challenges look so rad man! I can't wait to peruse all the entries and see the awesome creations Great theme, great challenges! I can't wait to try some of them. You all rock!!!

Kandi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2006, 12:10 AM   #47  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: imprisoned temporarily in my own house! arrrgh!!&^%$#@

Quote:

Originally Posted by LovinTX
This VSN was awesome!!

The special *Molly* gallery is a WONDERFUL way to recognize and display the winners! FOR - EV - ER!! Love, love, love it!!

I'm looking forward to the next VSN!!!!!!!!!!
Yes but we all need to remember their were over 1,000 enteries, and out of respect for our fellow stampers--those creations need to be viewed and commented on --AS WELL as the winners!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2006, 03:29 AM   #48  
Hardware Hotshot

You guys are going to love the next VSN as well. The new coordinaotrs have already begun some planning!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2006, 10:12 AM   #49  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Stamps for Smiles

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I've only done one other VSN besides this one and I had a really great time!! The hostesses REALLY came up with some neat ideas for the challenges!! I totally LOVED the 80s theme!! I also like the idea of playing for no prizes...It's just fun to do the challenges and I didn't feel pressured. Great job...wondering what you guys are going to plan next!?:-D
Reply With Quote Likes