Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Virtual Stamp Night Archive (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/virtual-stamp-night-archive-327/)
-   -   This is for Anna by fionna51 - VSNDEC14C - Friday, Dec. 12 - 8 pm EST (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/virtual-stamp-night-archive-327/anna-fionna51-vsndec14c-friday-dec-12-8-pm-est-594886/)

fionna51 11-02-2014 06:30 PM

This is for Anna by fionna51 - VSNDEC14C - Friday, Dec. 12 - 8 pm EST

1 Attachment(s)
Challenge Title: This is for Anna
Hostess: fionna51 aka Diane
Keyword: VSNDEC14C
Date: Friday, December 12

Disney had quite an eye-opener when Frozen was released. They imagined that Anna would be "the one" for this movie. After all, she was the princess. Elsa was the queen.

But they were wrong. Elsa was wildly popular...to the extent that it took months and months before they caught up with the demand for "Elsa stuff".

So we are going to focus on the princess. On Anna.
Your challenge is a color challenge. Use the following colors to make your card:

Pacific Point
Raspberry Ripple (or Rose Red)
Black

The bonus color is metallic gold.

You may use white or ivory as a neutral, but please, just a small amount. The goal is to create a lovely card in these deep, rich colors.

And for those of you who have never seen the movie ( :shock: you MUST see it! ) here is a picture of Anna.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-MU4Ia0envS...w200/anna1.png

View the gallery for this challenge: HERE
View the FROZEN Master Challenge Thread: HERE

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10 P. M. EST ON Sunday, December 21.
2. You have 1 hour to complete the challenge, unless otherwise noted.....you do not have to count prep time!
3. We have a special gallery for the Frozen VSN.
...a) From the "Main Gallery" dropdown list on the first page of the uploader, choose Events and Special Collections.
...b) From the Sub-gallery dropdown list, choose Virtual Stamping and Scrapbooking Nights ~ it's the last in the list.
...c) From the new sub-gallery dropdown list choose Frozen - it's the very top of the list.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword VSNDEC14C when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your card is seen.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR PLAYING ALONG!!!

smadson 12-12-2014 04:25 PM

Great challenge, Diane! I love Pacific point! Going to my craft room as soon as I am done eating. Yep, sitting at table looking at this challenge! LOL

berlycece 12-12-2014 04:30 PM

I love these colors! I have had this gold ribbon for a long time...came off a package, and I KNEW I could use it for cards.

Anna's Big Wish by berlycece - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

mrslaird 12-12-2014 04:47 PM

I am completely out of Pacific point paper, which simply will not do. I am going to have to place an order next month.
Anyway, I think maybe they didn't realize how popular Elsa would be is because she was originally the villain. I love how the movie turned out!

tessaduck 12-12-2014 04:59 PM

Here 'tis:

VSNDEC14C believe by tessaduck - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

smadson 12-12-2014 05:01 PM

Well, I found the Pacific Point and the Razberry Ripple ( that was a task) but now can't find my Stazon Black. I just used it. Already lost my good sicssors too! I am not a newby, I shouldn't be such a mess already! LOL

berlycece 12-12-2014 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrslaird (Post 20838744)
I am completely out of Pacific point paper, which simply will not do. I am going to have to place an order next month.
Anyway, I think maybe they didn't realize how popular Elsa would be is because she was originally the villain. I love how the movie turned out!

Exactly! I was talking with a good friend about the song Let it Go... it has been parodied so much, and quite well at that, but it's not the usual uplifting Disney princess song. ;-)

Anna is so heroic; if I had a little girl, I think I would have dressed her up in an Anna costume instead of Elsa for Halloween.

But even so...listening to little girls sing the song, swinging their arms as if they had magic powers...it is cute!

scootsv 12-12-2014 06:32 PM

Great challenge! It will be fun working this all together! thanks for all you do for us for the challenge!

smadson 12-12-2014 07:03 PM

Here is For Judy. Love these colors together. Still have not found my scissors.
Thanks to VSN, I have two birthday cards I can mail tomorrow! Yay!
Thank you!

scrapaholic007 12-12-2014 07:40 PM

i am so up to this challenge! I've always LOVED dark unconventional colors for Christmas but have never made one. Whooo!

travlrmel 12-12-2014 07:59 PM

From my friend Joe:
Joe's VSNDEC14C by travlrmel - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

travlrmel 12-12-2014 08:00 PM

2nd card from Joe
Joe's VSNDEC14C #2 by travlrmel - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

mrslaird 12-13-2014 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berlycece (Post 20838829)
Exactly! I was talking with a good friend about the song Let it Go... it has been parodied so much, and quite well at that, but it's not the usual uplifting Disney princess song. ;-)

Anna is so heroic; if I had a little girl, I think I would have dressed her up in an Anna costume instead of Elsa for Halloween.

But even so...listening to little girls sing the song, swinging their arms as if they had magic powers...it is cute!

It was actually the song (at least according to the info on my movie!) that prompted them to change her from the villain to a co-heroine? Anti-hero? Not the villian! ;) It's like in Beauty and the Beast when they were having trouble making the movie work and Howard Ashman said the beast is the one with the problem. He's the one who needs the help. Elsa needs the most help. #disneynerd

Cards are me 12-13-2014 12:26 PM

Color challenges are a challenge for me, but I did it and it was fun. Thank you Diane. Here is my card:

Cup of Warm Wishes by Cards are me - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

fionna51 12-13-2014 02:42 PM

I always figure challenges are supposed to be a challenge...even for me!

Love what everybody is doing!

FayeMakesCards 12-14-2014 02:36 PM

Is Pacific Point a royal blue tinge?

Shoe Girl 12-14-2014 03:41 PM

Here is my card: VSNDEC14C, Night by Shoe Girl - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

FayeMakesCards 12-15-2014 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramomma (Post 20840276)
Is Pacific Point a royal blue tinge?

Hope the answer was to be yes...

Here is the card I made...

Thanks Frozen VSNDEC14C by kramomma - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

hotwheels 12-17-2014 09:42 AM

Here's my card, Thanks hotwheels
VSNDEC14C This is for Anna by hotwheels - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Cook22 12-18-2014 05:26 AM

Here's mine - I'll remake it by matting the black onto a gold base, but this was as much as I could do in the time-frame ;-).
VSNDEC14C Anna's Colours

andib 12-20-2014 09:22 PM

Thanks for the challenge!!

Frozen Happy Birthday wash by andib - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

scootsv 12-21-2014 02:40 PM

Diane, thanks for being hostess and thanks for the great challenge.

Here is my card for Anna