Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Virtual Stamp Night Archive (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/virtual-stamp-night-archive-327/)
-   -   **What's Love Got To Do With It** Shopping List (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/virtual-stamp-night-archive-327/%2A%2Awhats-love-got-do-%2A%2A-shopping-list-418439/)

jpmayo 02-10-2009 12:13 PM

**What's Love Got To Do With It** Shopping List

Are you ready for the upcoming VSN??
http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/liebe/d010.gif
Well, besides your basic stamping supplies: various stamps, cardstock, paper, ink, cutting tools and standard embellishments to dress up your creations (ribbon, brads, etc.), the following items will be necessary for some of the challenges:

Feathers of Fibers (or stamps of feathers)
Acetate (transparency sheets, overhead sheets,
Heart Shaped Items (it is all about love ;))
Stamp Positioner (Stampamajig)
Things that start with the Letter "L" (we're gonna be all about the love!)
Crayons
Embossing Supplies

Any questions? Post them here!!
http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/liebe/s010.gif

Michelle My Belle 02-10-2009 02:16 PM

Oh, very cool and thank you!

Will a T-Square work in place of a Stamp-a-ma-jig? If not I better hurry and get one and learn how to use it. I keep looking at them but it seems complicated...LOL!

cla616 02-11-2009 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelle My Belle (Post 13072746)

Will a T-Square work in place of a Stamp-a-ma-jig? If not I better hurry and get one and learn how to use it. I keep looking at them but it seems complicated...LOL!

if you get one you will learn to love it very quickly, and they really aren't hard to use, just takes a little practice and memory, but really an easy tool, and you will wonder how you lived without one before :)

lacyquilter 02-11-2009 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelle My Belle (Post 13072746)

I'm not sure a t-square would be deep enough. In a pinch, you can make a substitute with some legos and a square of plastic or vellum.

There's a tutorial for using the SAMJ by Kurtis here.

nghitonglu 02-11-2009 06:31 AM

Hi,
Where can I find the Feathers of Fibers?

Thanks!

Nghi

kandicejo 02-11-2009 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nghitonglu (Post 13079186)
Hi,
Where can I find the Feathers of Fibers?

Thanks!

Nghi

you should be able to find feathers or fibers at any craft store - even the craft section at walmart.

nghitonglu 02-11-2009 09:58 AM

Thanks!

Nghi

Runamok 02-11-2009 11:31 AM

wow, I need to do some shopping! This VSN is the one when I will finally get those transperency sheets!

mmbc 02-11-2009 11:51 AM

So EXCITING!!!!

traceteach 02-11-2009 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runamok (Post 13082388)
wow, I need to do some shopping! This VSN is the one when I will finally get those transperency sheets!

Just a quick note for the transparency sheets...since they are a bit pricey to buy a whole box...if you have school-aged children (or know someone else who does), their teacher may be willing to send you a couple of transparencies from their stash. Just an idea, as I am a teacher, and know that I would be more than happy to share a few with a parent if they asked!

traceteach 02-11-2009 01:42 PM

Can I get just a little clarification on the 'things that start with the letter L"? DOn't want to pry for info (okay...well maybe a LITTLE), but do we need, an actual thing that starts with an L, like lollipops, or should we have stamps/images of things that start with L, like a lion stamp? Just want to make sure that I have everything, because I am SO READY to get some serious stamping done! WOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!

Michelle My Belle 02-11-2009 03:01 PM

Re the T-square/stampamajig, thanks for the tips and hints, ladies!! Off to check out the link, as it looks like I'll be getting a stampamajig, soon...LOL!

jenstampingpad 02-12-2009 07:50 AM

So I will need feathers like the colorful ones the art teacher uses? Or just any fibers?

Thanks!

irishjen 02-13-2009 07:45 AM

You aren't prying and think supplies that start with an "L" and as for the transparencies you can also use a page protector or any other clear "paper" you have :)

irishjen 02-13-2009 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenstampingpad (Post 13091439)
So I will need feathers like the colorful ones the art teacher uses? Or just any fibers?

Thanks!

Mmmm I would go with whichever you "love" :)

jpmayo 02-13-2009 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traceteach (Post 13083544)
Can I get just a little clarification on the 'things that start with the letter L"? DOn't want to pry for info (okay...well maybe a LITTLE), but do we need, an actual thing that starts with an L, like lollipops, or should we have stamps/images of things that start with L, like a lion stamp? Just want to make sure that I have everything, because I am SO READY to get some serious stamping done! WOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!

Anything...stamp images, colors (laveder;)), embellishments.......anything you can imagine :mrgreen:

jpmayo 02-13-2009 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenstampingpad (Post 13091439)

Thanks!

I found a deather on a walk at the beach last weekend...snatched it right up for this challenge :)

Yarn would also be a "fiber", I would think, so that would work.

Glad to see all the excitement!!

Superglew 02-13-2009 11:38 AM

My several cents:

SAMJ: not very expensive, simple to use, versatile, you'll learn after about 3 tries
feathers: if you have a down pillow, you may find some feathers 'round and about the house, I certainly did!
"L" items: BE CREATIVE! I will definately be looking for some uniquely-named items
acetate: I recently made an acetate card using the clear plastic stuff from one of those old "magnetic" photo albums (you know, the ones you peel the plastic up, stick your photos down, and then lay the plastic back over). The whole sheet just peeled right off, so I even got a fold. Not as heavy duty as acetate, but it does provide a clear substance that you can use in a variety of ways.

traceteach 02-14-2009 04:59 AM

THanks so much! I think I have pretty much everything on the list, but the in-laws are coming today and staying until sometime next week, so maybe I'll still make a shopping run while they're here to help with Siler!

lilorangemouse 02-15-2009 07:44 AM

Oh, this sounds like a good one! I hope I will get to play some. I have a workshop Saturday morning, but maybe I can try some of the challenges. I'm kinda excited to find out what we will do with the crayons. Hope my kids won't mind me swiping some of their broken ones!

TheAfricanQueen 02-15-2009 02:14 PM

I'm looking forward to finding out what on earth we will do with feathers...or fibers. Sounds very intriguing...

guineverelady 02-15-2009 03:23 PM

Oh man, I've been dying to get a stampamajig.....might have to use that 50% off coupon this week at michael's or joann's!

davesgram 02-15-2009 03:25 PM

On transparencies, I do work in the classroom, so have that access...but for those who might know a comic collector...my son...they buy their comics and they come in nice size transparencies and I think they cost pennies...he buys them in stacks and I get many which he throws away...just a thought. I cut them in half and they make great envies..

2manycookbooks 02-15-2009 04:16 PM

I have everything else but just ordered a stamp a ma jig today. Hope it arrives in time. I have read that people seem to love or hate these things and they can be tricky to use til you get used to it.

This seems as good a reason as any to give it a go!

Can't wait to play...

Sounds like so much fun and a great theme. And now prizes too! WOO HOO!

tay0479 02-15-2009 04:26 PM

As far as crayons go. Will a basic 8 pack cover it? My kids are older and they use pencils and markers, i don't want to spend alot on crayons if I don't have too.

CAKath 02-15-2009 07:00 PM

I love the UTube clips. I feel like I really know you now! Great job and I'm hoping I will be able to play this VSN. Thanks for all your hard work in organizing this event.

irishjen 02-15-2009 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tay0479 (Post 13129186)
As far as crayons go. Will a basic 8 pack cover it? My kids are older and they use pencils and markers, i don't want to spend alot on crayons if I don't have too.

I believe it should. :)

irishjen 02-15-2009 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davesgram (Post 13128517)
On transparencies, I do work in the classroom, so have that access...but for those who might know a comic collector...my son...they buy their comics and they come in nice size transparencies and I think they cost pennies...he buys them in stacks and I get many which he throws away...just a thought. I cut them in half and they make great envies..

Ohhh I never thought of those.

Gatomom 02-16-2009 04:25 AM

I had the same question on the crayons - this will be my first attempt at a VSN so I want to get it right!! Wasn't sure if you meant regular crayons or watercolor crayons (which I kind of assumed you would have specified) my daughter just got rid of all her crayons!

ckhelmig 02-16-2009 07:16 AM

Questions about feathers

Mulberry paper can be "featherd"....could I use mulberry paper instead of real feathers?

Jenstampin4U 02-16-2009 07:22 AM

Wow, this sounds like it's going to be really fun and I can't wait! It's going to be easy on me, as I have all the supplies already, so I don't need to stress about finding anything...woohoo....are we starting yet? *smile*
Jen in AZ

jpmayo 02-16-2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckhelmig (Post 13133197)
Mulberry paper can be "featherd"....could I use mulberry paper instead of real feathers?

If it looks like feathers, I think it could pass;)

I just saw a bunch of feathers poking out of dh's feather pillow....might have to harvest some to go along with my feather...:)

sallylou92000 02-16-2009 05:44 PM

I have a big bag full of brightly coloured feathers - bought a feather duster from the $2 shop (I'm from New Zealand but I'm sure you must have similar shops over there). Some of them have stripes of colours. Just cut off close to the handle and you will have feathers forever !!!!

Sally

mmbc 02-16-2009 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sallylou92000 (Post 13140113)
I have a big bag full of brightly coloured feathers - bought a feather duster from the $2 shop (I'm from New Zealand but I'm sure you must have similar shops over there). Some of them have stripes of colours. Just cut off close to the handle and you will have feathers forever !!!!

Sally

What a great idea, Sally!

mebee63 02-16-2009 08:55 PM

Dang, dang, dang... just threw away a bunch of feathers from our pet cockatiel... was keeping them, but thought, "What will I EVER use these for?" Sigh.

vcenter 02-17-2009 05:05 AM

Stampamajigs are well worth going out and getting. They are a life saver if you are as obsessed as I am about making sure your stamping is straight. Not at all complicated either,they come with instructions and are easy to follow. I wouldn't enjoy stamping nearly as much with out mine.

pattyo_stamp 02-17-2009 08:13 AM

NO it is not complicated. The stamp-a-ma jig may be purchased at Michaels, SU, or any quality scrapbook store. It has a clear overlay that allows you to line up anything and re-stamp on top of your previous stamp. If you did not get a clear impression, for ex., you can use this tool to re-do it w/ perfection. Or, if you did not mount a stamp straight, you can avoid placing your phrase crooked (I hate when that happens). Perfect for a two stamp process. At about $10.00 , I find it a essential tool!

ana409 02-17-2009 01:59 PM

OK, I'm new to this. The supply list...is it for both days or is it for just Friday or is it just for the first hour? :)

jpmayo 02-17-2009 02:04 PM

The supply list is for both nights :)

ckbythesea 02-17-2009 07:51 PM

Oh boy, I've only used my Stampamajig two or three times (and I'm sure it shows, lol)! I had better get practicing. Feathers . . . got some somewhere . . .acetate, got a whole box minus a few sheets, lol!