Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2019, 11:58 AM   #1
Proud Fan Club Member

Default VSBN19JUL Scrap Fireworks!

Here in the States July is the month of our Independence celebration. I think of fireworks, picnics, homemade ice cream, swimming, hot temperatures, family reunions, red, white & blue, patriotism, and flags! So, for our VSBN Challenges for July we will be inspired by this month of celebration! Instead of a display of fireworks, let's see a wonderful display of layouts in our July VSBN gallery!

I will post five Challenges beginning July 1.
Check in Monday through Friday this week for that day’s challenge.

Each challenge will have it’s own chat thread where you also can post us a link to your layout.

Each challenge will have it’s own keyword.

You will be able to see all the challenges in one place in this thread, but follow the links to the individual challenges.

You will have the whole month of July to do these challenges. I hope you will play often. You may want to do just one, but if you are inspired you may create more than one for a challenge.

Play as often as you can find the time. Please note that there is a special treat for those who submit to each of the 5 challenges. If you do, there will be a sixth bonus challenge, that you can only play if you do all five of the others. Challenge 6 will be posted on Saturday.

Not too many rules! Just have fun, and don’t chat here, just on the individual challenges. I will post links to the chat threads in each challenge and a link to our gallery.

So, go find all the photos you want to scrap this month. Get together your favorite papers, bling, and other embellishments. Lets get ready to celebrate July, wherever you are!

BLOG: Foxy Stamping
Featured Stamper 633
QFTD 158

S2S 2019: Doing great!
Scrapbook pages 100/100 as of 08/31/19

Last edited by Lmn; 08-04-2019 at 06:32 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 06-30-2019, 12:01 PM   #2
Proud Fan Club Member

Default VSBN19JULA

Welcome to the first challenge of our VSBN Scrap Fireworks. Since we are getting our inspiration from the USA's month long celebration of our Independence, our first challenge will be a color challenge. Easy Peasy! You must use red, white & blue somewhere on your page, however you are not restricted to these colors.

Here is my sample. Remember

Your Keyword: VSBN19JULA (It is easiest to just copy keyword & paste when you upload)

Link to the VSBN19JULA Challenge Chat Thread: Here

Your VSBN19JULA Gallery: Here

Come play the challenges with us this month. For all the information

here is the intro: VSBN19JUL Scrap Fireworks

I cant wait to see what you do!

Featured Stamper 633
QFTD 158

Last edited by smadson; 07-01-2019 at 11:45 AM.. Reason: add challenge
Old 06-30-2019, 12:01 PM   #3
Proud Fan Club Member

Default VSBN19JULB

Welcome to Day Two of our Scrap Fireworks July VSBN! As we are using the month of July for our inspiration, I think of other events, besides fireworks!
July is also a big month for family reunions, and picnics! Sometimes, we have big families to accommodate, whether in an even location, or at our homes. It is helpful to have a sketch where the tables will be located , in the backyard, or inside. We need to plan for there to be places for everyone.

So, our Challenge two is a sketch. I apologize for the hand drawn one, as I couldn't find the original anywhere!

Here is my sample.Your Keyword: VSBN19JULB (It is easiest to just copy keyword & paste when you upload)

Link to the VSBN19JUL chat thread: VSBN19JULB - Splitcoaststampers

Your VSBN19JULBGallery: Here

Link to all of the challenges in VSBN19JUL Scrap Fireworks Gallery: Here

Include the above keyword as well. Then we will have a gallery for each challenge, but also a gallery with all the pages submitted for our Scrap Fireworks challenges. And if you take part in our monthly goals, include SBC19JUL.

Featured Stamper 633
QFTD 158

Last edited by smadson; 07-02-2019 at 07:59 AM..
Old 06-30-2019, 12:02 PM   #4
Proud Fan Club Member

Default VSBN19JULC

Welcome to Day three of our Scrap Fireworks Challenges! I am glad some of you are getting inspired. I am hoping a lot more of you will too! Tomorrow is a big day here in the US! Some are already celebrating, today!

Our challenge today will be to start celebrating! Do a page celebrating something. A birthday, a holiday, first day of school, a graduation, a wedding. You get the idea! Celebrate!

Here is my layout for this challenge: Fabulous & Super

Your Keyword: VSBN19JULC (It is easiest to just copy keyword & paste when you upload)

Link to our chat thread for this challenge: Here , so come chat with us!

Your VSBN19JULC Gallery: Here

Include the above keyword as well. Then we will have a gallery for each challenge, but also a gallery with all the pages submitted for our Scrap Fireworks challenges. And if you take part in our monthly goals, include SBC19JUL.

Come play the challenges with us this month. For all the informationhere is the intro: VSBN19JUL Scrap Fireworks

Featured Stamper 633
QFTD 158

Last edited by smadson; 07-03-2019 at 07:22 AM..
Old 06-30-2019, 12:03 PM   #5
Proud Fan Club Member

Default VSBN19JULD

Happy Fourth of July to our USA Scrappers!

Welcome to Challenge #4 in our Scrap Fireworks challenges! Since today is the actual day we celebrate, we will celebrate our flag
:

Our Challenge today is to use stars or stripes on our layouts. It does not have to be patriotic.

Here is my sample: Smiles

Your Keyword: VSBN19JULD (It is easiest to just copy keyword & paste when you upload)

Here is out chat thread for this challenge: Here

Your VSBN19JULDGallery: Here

Featured Stamper 633
QFTD 158

Last edited by smadson; 07-04-2019 at 12:06 PM.. Reason: add challenge
Old 06-30-2019, 12:03 PM   #6
Proud Fan Club Member

Default VSBN19JULE

VSBN19JULE
Welcome to day five of our Scrap Fireworks VSBN Challenges! Even though the big day has come and gone, we will continue to be inspired by all of celebration of the 4th of July. I was so inspired watching the PBS Capitol Fourth celebration last night! It was quite the birthday party for the USA. The songs they sang were so moving especially the ones about our flag. Today's Challenge is a word play challenge.

Our word is Flag. You are challenged to put something on your page that begins with each letter. Examples to get you started, but you will probably come up with lots of others!

F fabric, family, flags, frame
L lace, lavender
A arrows, alcohol inks, apple
G green, graph paper

Here is mine: Free Day

Your Keyword: VSBN19JULE (It is easiest to just copy keyword & paste when you upload)

Link to the VSBN19JULE Challenge Chat Thread: Here

Your VSBN19JULE Gallery: Here

Just a reminder:
You will have the whole month of July to do these challenges. I hope you will play often. You may want to do just one, but if you are inspired you may create more than one for a challenge.

Play as often as you can find the time. Please note that there is a special treat for those who submit to each of the 5 challenges. If you do, there will be a sixth bonus challenge, that you can only play if you do all five of the others. Challenge 6 will be posted on Saturday.

Featured Stamper 633
QFTD 158

Last edited by smadson; 07-05-2019 at 06:12 AM.. Reason: add challenge
Old 06-30-2019, 12:04 PM   #7
Proud Fan Club Member

Default VSBN19JULBONUS1

Welcome to our first bonus challenge in our Scrap Fireworks VSBN Challenges! Yes, Bonus 1, meaning I think we will have a Bonus 2 if we keep having participation. Several of you I think are going to be getting the first 5 done. And I said if you do all five you can do the bonus!

So our first bonus challenge is a Stash Buster!
For those of you not familiar with the Stash Buster, I covered 4 items;

Paper, Embellishments, Tool, and Technique, the idea to use stuff in our stash!

Paper: Use at least 2 PP or DSP whatever you want to call it; the more the better!

Embellishment: Those Prima Flowers you are hoarding. If you are lucky enough to not have a huge stash of these, use punched flowers or fussy cut or even stamped. But if you have those Prima Flowers, use them!

Tool: Date stamp, punch, or eyelet setter (lots of leeway here)

Technique: Some kind of distressing

This is late today, because I just did mine this morning, and it took me forever! I dropped a whole jar of eyelets! On a shag rug , no less! What a mess, and the magnet didn't work, don't know why! And, I really am frustrated with the eye setter and know why I don't use it!

Okay, you know the drill by now! Go Create! I can't wait to see what you do!

Here is my layout for this challenge: Museum Day

Your Keyword: VSBN19JULBONUS1 no spaces (It is easiest to just copy keyword & paste when you upload)

Your VSBN19JULBONUS1 Gallery: Here

Link to the VSBN19JULBONUS1 Chat Thread: Here

Thank you to all who are participating!

Featured Stamper 633
QFTD 158

Last edited by smadson; 07-06-2019 at 09:20 AM..
Old 07-19-2019, 04:58 AM   #8
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Sharon.....I’ve added these to my list...it’s still July lol

Old 07-22-2019, 01:38 PM   #9
Proud Fan Club Member

Default VSBN19JULBONUS2

This will be the last challenge for July's Scrap Fireworks VSBN Challenges.
I do not have my sample done yet, but wanted to go ahead and post it, because Nancy is ready for it!

Our last challenge will be a Scraplift challenge. We have such a great VSBN gallery for July, already 39 layouts! So, your challenge, if you choose to do it is to scraplift one of the pages already in our gallery!

So click and pick a page to lift! HERE

Then remember to come back to our chat thread for this challenge and link it.

I have one picked out , just haven't done it yet!

Do you remember what a scraplift is?

Lela says: A scraplift is when you find a page or pages by someone else in the gallery that inspire you. You could choose to use the same colors same layout, same embellishments ... It does not have to be exact but it should be
easy to see what was similar.

Your Keyword: VSBN19JULBONUS2 (It is easiest to just copy keyword & paste when you upload)

Link to the VSBN19JULBONUS2 Challenge Chat Thread: HERE
Be sure and link your creation to our challenge chat thread so we can go look at it and oooh and ahhh..

Your VSBN19JULBONUS2 Gallery: HERE

Just a reminder:

Featured Stamper 633
QFTD 158

Closed Thread