Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 06-14-2013, 04:27 AM   #4721
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynamom View Post
Did you see that Faith is getting recast this summer? I guess the original actress has other commitments, which I am thinking means they must be using her a lot more if they can't put her on the backburner and NEED to have her in the show. I think the current Faith is really cute, hope this one is OK. Not sure if I can handle Nick again... Sharon's character is beyond annoying at this point!
Hope they don't recast a 16 year old!!!!! Not that that has ever happened before
So agree about Sharon!!!
Don't think I could take yet another who is Summer's daddy story if the hairbrush story would come into play!!!
Unread 06-14-2013, 03:16 PM   #4722
Embossing Fanatic

The new Faith is around the same age. Maybe a little older in real life. Wish I could remember where I saw the article, it showed her photo and name. She's another little blonde, only replacing the current actress as was stated before, she had other commitments this summer and couldn't appear. New Faith has appeared in some other tv shows.
I wouldn't doubt if sometime in the future they aged her to 16, now that Summer is 18. lol.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
diannep575 likes this post.
Unread 06-14-2013, 04:43 PM   #4723
Swapper of the Month - July 2013

Lol a six year old with other commitments
Unread 06-16-2013, 03:03 PM   #4724
Mad Swapper

So, why do these people struggle and carry on so trying to have babies and then never see them. They are always with the nanny. The nanny always has Victoria's little guy so why is she so hot to get pregnant? And with the big houses and nanny's why do they have to go to a hotel if they want to have sex?

What's the deal with Noah and Tyler living in a dump? And the girls in GC that are not related to the Abbots or Newmans seem to be pretty slutty. Makes the Abbot and Newman girls almost look pretty classy.

When Reed finally shows up he will probably be about Summer and Fen's age.

Is Phyllis being recast?

My gallery
Unread 06-17-2013, 06:50 PM   #4725
Mad Swapper

What the heck is going on with the stalled storyline of Summers paternity. Why all the waffling its just too stupid.Its like the writers are stalling for time, as this thing is going no where. Meanwhile I am also tired of all the drama around Fen, he needs a good dose of reality because he looks like he is about ready to be Patty Williams roommate.

I know the show slows down during the summer, but its become a real snoozefest and dont start me on the on the ongoing blogger of Neil"s stolen diary.I am about ready to tune in once a week for a recap.
Unread 06-17-2013, 07:53 PM   #4726
Die Cut Diva

Nick telling Jack and Summer is the same game as Chelsea tell Adam. Oooooh it angers me
Unread 06-21-2013, 02:36 AM   #4727
Die Cut Diva

any bets that rose's daughter is now Cane's assistant??? Just a thought! or since Rose is a red head...maybe Adams's new lawyer....

This has sure been a slow week on the Y&R...

my gallery
My Blog

Last edited by rebecca wheeler; 06-21-2013 at 02:41 AM.. Reason: add more info
Unread 06-21-2013, 08:50 AM   #4728
Mad Swapper

Default Young and the restless

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca wheeler View Post
any bets that rose's daughter is now Cane's assistant??? Just a thought! or since Rose is a red head...maybe Adams's new lawyer....

This has sure been a slow week on the Y&R...
No wrong guess, she is lower on the employment line

I read that Cassie who is coming back for a storyline, may not becoming back as a ghost
Unread 06-21-2013, 09:58 AM   #4729
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by canada goose View Post
No wrong guess, she is lower on the employment line

I read that Cassie who is coming back for a storyline, may not becoming back as a ghost
WWWWHaaaat? So it was the wrong girl in the car accident and she was like kidnapped?
Unread 06-21-2013, 10:26 AM   #4730
Mad Swapper

Default young and the restless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampnf1n View Post
WWWWHaaaat? So it was the wrong girl in the car accident and she was like kidnapped?
No no no.Camryn Grimes is coming back for an "arc" whatever that means in a storyline. But "might" not be the ghost character we are expecting which leads me to think she could be playing another character. Camryns comment was very cryptic. Stay tuned.
Unread 06-21-2013, 12:22 PM   #4731
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampnf1n View Post
But what about Nick and Sharon being by her beside in the hospital? How are they going to explain that away? The girl in the bed sure looked like Cassie.......
Unread 06-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #4732
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetostamp3 View Post
But what about Nick and Sharon being by her beside in the hospital? How are they going to explain that away? The girl in the bed sure looked like Cassie.......
okay the actress that played Cassie is coming back for a storyline. it she hinted it might not be as Cassie's ghost as we have seen in the past.

When I said Cassie was coming back, I should have just said Camryn Grimes is coming back.Hope I have clarified this.
Unread 06-21-2013, 01:19 PM   #4733
Crimping Master

Quote:
okay the actress that played Cassie is coming back for a storyline. it she hinted it might not be as Cassie's ghost as we have seen in the past.

When I said Cassie was coming back, I should have just said Camryn Grimes is coming back.Hope I have clarified this.
You have, now that we've all flipped out over the abundance of possibilities, I can relax!!!!
hee hee
Unread 06-21-2013, 02:34 PM   #4734
Mad Swapper

Default You g and the restless

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetostamp3 View Post
You have, now that we've all flipped out over the abundance of possibilities, I can relax!!!!
hee hee
Phew!
Unread 06-22-2013, 02:11 AM   #4735
Die Cut Diva

Just read this...what do you think this could mean??? Oh the possibilities...

The echoes of Cassie’s death strongly affect her loved ones as a mysterious presence arrives in town

my gallery
My Blog
Unread 06-22-2013, 04:02 AM   #4736
Forum Fanatic

If the actress who played Cassie is coming back as a different character it will send Sharon over the edge, hopefully! Nick is in a pretty wacky place right now so that may send him over even though he always knew Cassie wasn't his biological daughter. I always thought she was a sweet sweet actress so I'm looking forward to her 'return' to see what will happen. They sure need some happenings right now!!!!
Unread 06-22-2013, 05:17 AM   #4737
Die Cut Diva

Maybe she will be a bio sister...the real dad could have fathered another child...so that possibility is open....don't think that has been done before...

so no bio connection to either Sharon or Nick..

my gallery
My Blog
Unread 06-23-2013, 08:34 AM   #4738
Mad Swapper

okay here is some more info. Camryn Grimes ex Cassis is expected to return beginning Monday July 8th.apparently she will once again come back as a ghost. Her storyline deals with Sharon aNd as for me personally maybe she will give her mother a swift kick you know where to smarten her up.

Quote from Camryn "I hope I don't shock viewers, where they are like,"we'll this isn't Cassie! This isn't what we are used to." Teases the now 23 year old.

I am thinking more and more she is here to set her mother on a better path, after all Sharon is behaving more like she did before she was diagnosed .

So we can all speculate if she will give her father a spine while she is at it, maybe take a page out of Ghost Johns book. that's all the hints for now.
Unread 06-25-2013, 12:08 PM   #4739
Mad Swapper

Okay I havenot seen todays show so this is purely speculation but I think I am on the same page as many here with my prediction. Phyllis being who she is will use any excuse and do anything because she is who she is, and that includes seducing Kyle. If that is what it takes in her mind to break up Summer and Kyle she will do it no doubt in my mind. Anyone else agree?

On to trouble in paradise,with the break up of Billy and Victoria and Kevin and Chloe, could they plan on Billy and Chloe getting closer the way they have laid out the storyline thus far. What will Victoria think seeing Billy and Chloe and Billy with their biological children together. She might realize that she might not gain another baby but loose another son. Heaven help us all when papa Vic gets into this mix. It seems like a logical thing for this to happen as Chloe and Billy already share a child together and Billy is still a good dad.Not saying they would stay together but would give kevin and Victoria something to think over as to what is most important to them.

Still think Avery will get back with Dylan. I also suspect that Cassie coming back to visit Sharon may have something to do with the possibility of two things. Setting her mother back on the right path, or possibly bringing her parents back together with is what Sharon misses most from her life....but will she get a do-over

We all know that Adam will find out about the baby.....will he tell Chelsea she can have Dylan but he will take the baby because she tried to keep him from his own child... like something out of papa Victors book. Maybe something else entirely different hopefully not with her standing at the alter and the preacher asking....if anyone here....pan to Adam standing at the entrance to the aisle in the church.

So many things to look forward to....writers get a move on and pick up the pace. Phyllis taped her last scene on June 21st.

Last edited by canada goose; 06-25-2013 at 12:09 PM.. Reason: adding on
Unread 06-25-2013, 01:34 PM   #4740
Crimping Master

I'm wondering about Sharon's comment today while talking to Cassie at her headstone, "...and that's why I did what I did." What she was referring to, did I miss something? Do you think she manipulated the paternity test to get Summer out of Nick's life, and keep him closer to her and their children? She's losing it with her feelings of loneliness. It's sad..

And I think canada goose may be on to something, after today's show, looks like the couples may be playing musical chairs/beds!!!!
Unread 06-26-2013, 04:32 AM   #4741
Die Cut Diva

Way to stand my your husband and wedding vows Victoria. I guess only Newmans can have addictions and get a way with crimes and bad mistakes ...like murder.
Unread 06-26-2013, 01:35 PM   #4742
Mad Swapper

well could Phyllis be more transparent, and the acting really awful. I found it hard to watch her acting like that........poor Jack it's a matter of when not if he finds out.

Also wonder what Jill is up to and it's probably no good, she still thinks she is entitled to run chancellor. lets hope Kay put something in her will to put an end to that.
Unread 06-26-2013, 07:55 PM   #4743
Swapper of the Month - July 2013

Love birthday parties for kids and it's all adults. Good times good times.
Unread 06-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #4744
Mad Swapper

Default Young And the restless

I just finished Jeanne Coopers Autobiography that was written last year. Encourage everyone who watches the show to read it...very enlightening. the biggest surprise is that the very critiques that we the fans write about are also the same ones she has....bottom line she says is the executives DON'T CARE! Took a lot of courage to say what she did about dropped storylines and new writers not staying true to the core characters.

you will be surprised about many things.
Granny Hawkins likes this post.
Unread 06-29-2013, 04:22 PM   #4745
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
I just finished Jeanne Coopers Autobiography that was written last year. Encourage everyone who watches the show to read it...very enlightening. the biggest surprise is that the very critiques that we the fans write about are also the same ones she has....bottom line she says is the executives DON'T CARE! Took a lot of courage to say what she did about dropped storylines and new writers not staying true to the core characters.

you will be surprised about many things.
maybe they are taking that in consideration, this was posted on facebook

ARE YOU UNHAPPY WITH THE STORYLINES OR THE REPLACEMENT OF THE ACTORS? THEN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. HERES HOW!!!!

CBS TV- Studios 41 & 43
7800 Beverly Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90036
... 1-323-575-2345 main #
1-323-575-4955 weekends Y&R comment line
[email protected] E-mail
This is your chance to call, write and e-mail the writers. The more people that do the better the results.
member #1989

if you don't talk to your cat about catnip who will?
Unread 06-29-2013, 07:43 PM   #4746
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm
Vintage Lover

Hey I just figured out who Adam's new assistant/bed partner is....she used to play Siobhan on GH (was with Lucky)..I guess it didn't click at first cuz she didn't have the Irish accent..lol..her name is Erin Chambers.
Unread 06-29-2013, 08:04 PM   #4747
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeps321 View Post
Hey I just figured out who Adam's new assistant/bed partner is....she used to play Siobhan on GH (was with Lucky)..I guess it didn't click at first cuz she didn't have the Irish accent..lol..her name is Erin Chambers.
you can also add spy to assistant /bedpartner
Unread 06-30-2013, 09:57 AM   #4748
Mad Swapper

Could the Phyliss/Kyle thing plus the Summer news be the final straw that drives Phyliss out of Genoa City and they don't replace Michelle Stafford?

My gallery
Unread 07-01-2013, 07:42 PM   #4749
Mad Swapper

I have not heard anything about a replacement for Phyllis. I wondered if the writers will have Summer go to LA to try to make it as a model and Phyllis will want to go along with her. That way they dont have to worry right now what to do with her character, as they have to deal with Jeannie Coopers demise who is apparently away on a trip with Murphy as we heard the other day.

I wonder if Jack is going to go back on the pills, when he hears about Summers paternity?
Unread 07-02-2013, 03:57 AM   #4750
Insane Embellisher

I had hoped they'd send Phyllis off in a great way, just because of all the years.....but I think she mentally checked out when she made the choice to leave. Her acting has not been as good and her heart and expressions just don't seem into it. I'll miss her. Still waiting for the new regime to wow me and it's just not happening.
Unread 07-02-2013, 06:27 AM   #4751
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstamper View Post
I had hoped they'd send Phyllis off in a great way, just because of all the years.....but I think she mentally checked out when she made the choice to leave. Her acting has not been as good and her heart and expressions just don't seem into it. I'll miss her. Still waiting for the new regime to wow me and it's just not happening.
that's exactly how I feel about her performances of late. Too bad to be remembered for poor acting skills after creating such an interesting character all these years. She made the decision to leave so you would think she would put her all into it,unless of course the leaving is not amicble

the new generation do not have the history or the storylines for fans to make them want to invest in time to watch. it takes time to develop a character and the only new one is Chavez who is interesting. then you have Victor who is still very predictable and nothing new about him.
Unread 07-02-2013, 07:44 PM   #4752
Insane Embellisher

I'd like them to expand Chavez too! He is interesting and I like the actor. I was watching Victor today and the writers are not even giving him anything interesting. He just seemed like a tired old record talking with Victoria about Billy. I still say they are missing the boat with Victor and Billy....back when Billy and Victoria were first dating/newly married, Victor and Billy had wonderful comedic timing...I'd like to see that developed. I'd also like to see Victor have to like Billy even though he doesn't want to do so. There's so much turmoil - with everyone. Snow globe of unhappiness. I like Dylan, but the Chelsea relationship is doomed and I think his dark side is going to be as bad as his good side is good. There is nobody to root for.....you just want the writers to get over this major mess. Just my opinion....
Unread 07-03-2013, 07:27 PM   #4753
Mad Swapper

Guess who's coming back to GC? Daniel is returning as his pilot did not get picked up. have to wonder why he would come back if Phyllis is not being Re cast.So it makes me wonder if this is the case as it will seem odd not to have her stirring things up. Wonder how old Lucy will be, and what about Heather.
Unread 07-04-2013, 12:50 PM   #4754
Mad Swapper

Oh my, just saw something interesting on the cover of CBS soaps mag........Phylls is rumoured to be going over to General Hospial. Word is .....there is quite the rivalry between these two soaps
Unread 07-04-2013, 08:07 PM   #4755
Insane Embellisher

Can't say that I blame her.
Unread 07-05-2013, 09:10 AM   #4756
Insane Embellisher

wow....lots happening and nothing good

do you think Mrs C will die on her vacation? when are they going to end it?
the Winters story line is so boring...didn't even know who Rose was till I read your posts, and who cares who is spilling the journal contents...........I skip anything Winters

Hate the new Kyle..........yuk!!! and Summer a model??? I don't think so....

now the hair brush thing is interesting....what if Courtney used it???? the girls do get ready to go out for the evening together...and girlfriends would share .....

Cane and Lily is another yawn........

Fen........needs a good slap upside the head.........

Dylan doesn't seem to fit in...........but I bet Avery comes running when he finds out it ain't his baby..........

Sharon.........boring.......she needs to go visit Fanny......and stay for a while

Love Daniel coming back..........but how will he fit in when his mother won't be around to mess in his life.....

Billy and Victoria........she is a spoiled brat........and Billy needs a haircut

Adam and Chelsea were great together.........Adam is way nicer when he is with her and he needs to stay away from Sharon, although she has her sights on Nick.........big mistake

not enjoying the show very much these days.......can you tell?
Unread 07-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #4757
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedah View Post
wow....lots happening and nothing good

do you think Mrs C will die on her vacation? when are they going to end it?
the Winters story line is so boring...didn't even know who Rose was till I read your posts, and who cares who is spilling the journal contents...........I skip anything Winters

Hate the new Kyle..........yuk!!! and Summer a model??? I don't think so....

now the hair brush thing is interesting....what if Courtney used it???? the girls do get ready to go out for the evening together...and girlfriends would share .....

Cane and Lily is another yawn........

Fen........needs a good slap upside the head.........

Dylan doesn't seem to fit in...........but I bet Avery comes running when he finds out it ain't his baby..........

Sharon.........boring.......she needs to go visit Fanny......and stay for a while

Love Daniel coming back..........but how will he fit in when his mother won't be around to mess in his life.....

Billy and Victoria........she is a spoiled brat........and Billy needs a haircut

Adam and Chelsea were great together.........Adam is way nicer when he is with her and he needs to stay away from Sharon, although she has her sights on Nick.........big mistake

not enjoying the show very much these days.......can you tell?
I believe you are right about Mrs. C. They needed some time to come up with a storyline regards her demise, then to figure out how to write her will . One thing for sure if she left Cane in charge, it wont be any surprise to see Jill go ballistic ,and so much for her" I love you like a son Cane" routine.

As far as the hairbrush thing, I am not sure the writers even thought about that, how many women in the house may have used it. sharon is always combing Faiths hair , so who else combs with that brush. I like that theory and it could be much more suspenceful especially now that they assume Jack must be the father.
I think I was off track about Summer running off to LA, the you know what has to hit the fan first.I think I am also off base but I think that Avery's assistant also has red hair and looks somewhat like the Rose picture. We do know that whoever is the blogger is someone in GC

Michael and Lauren may come together when something big happens to Fen like the dope getting into drugs.

Yes for sure Avery and Dylan will get together when Dylan finds out the truth.Victoria needs to get a backbone, she is a real looser these days.

I suspect that Victor has set Billy up in the card game which will be raided. The he will tell Vicki that Billy was gambling, while his own daughter lay in a hospital bed. I really wish Billy will tell Victor that Johnny is his bio child and he will not let Victor have any influence with him even if it means taking him away from Victoria.He will not allow an abbott being raised by Victor and Papa knows what taking that baby will do to Vicki. Jack will also not tolerate Victor raising an abbott. I hope Billy raises that to Papa Vic and see what happens then, as it is very realistic I think to use that card with Victor if he threatens Billy with Victoria traking custody of Johnny.There is also Aunt Tracy in town who could look after the baby with glee.
Unread 07-05-2013, 01:56 PM   #4758
Insane Embellisher

Ok. I did it. I sent an e-mail about Y&R to CBS. Don't expect a response, but instead of just whining in this blog about my unhappiness with the downward spiral of this show, I let them know my concerns in a polite manner. Can't do anything else and it's worth a shot.
Unread 07-05-2013, 05:23 PM   #4759
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Victor knows Johnny is Billy's son,right?

He set Billy up with Chelsea to start and knew she came to town to tell Billy,right?

OR....Did he just tell her to set Billy up? I don't remember.
Unread 07-05-2013, 06:11 PM   #4760
Mad Swapper

Oh yes, Victor knows alright. he did not Anticipate that setting Billy up with Chelsea would result in a pregnancy. Victor probably thinks he can get full custody of Johnny for Vicki. he is also aware of what loosing another child might do to her. So I hope Billy reminds papa Vic of this as this would be true to the character of an Abbott to oppose a Newman of having any influence over one of their own.