Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 05-04-2006, 05:21 PM   #1
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Default SURVIVOR....Terry's Decision????

Okay....Is this going to hurt him or help him???? I just do not think I would have made the same decision. Guess he doesn't appreciate being lied to!!!!

Last edited by Granny Hawkins; 05-04-2006 at 05:43 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Unread 05-04-2006, 05:26 PM   #2
Pearl-ExPert

I think I would have switched Shane & Cirie...
Unread 05-04-2006, 05:40 PM   #3
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

MAN!!!!!
Unread 05-04-2006, 05:56 PM   #4
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Someone changed their mind!
Unread 05-04-2006, 06:00 PM   #5
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilJP
I think I would have switched Shane & Cirie...
That was exactly what I was thinking. I think Boston would have really enjoyed the experience of camp.

I wonder if Terry realizes how much of a power player Cirie really is... if so he should have brought her.
Unread 05-04-2006, 06:05 PM   #6
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KearaS
That was exactly what I was thinking. I think Boston would have really enjoyed the experience of camp.

I wonder if Terry realizes how much of a power player Cirie really is... if so he should have brought her.
I don't think she minded the camp and I think she was voting for someone else but changed her mind at the last minute.
Unread 05-04-2006, 06:08 PM   #7
Diversified Multicultural Postmodern Deconstructionist Philogian

I'm with April. I'd have made the same switch. Aras equating his mother with a spouse is just so weird.

But hey, how 'bout the vote...heh-heh-heh!

Rainsong
Unread 05-04-2006, 06:09 PM   #8
Diversified Multicultural Postmodern Deconstructionist Philogian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KearaS

Yep, Cirie has really come into her own.

Who would want the person voted off tonight on the jury? Not me.

Rainsong
Unread 05-04-2006, 06:15 PM   #9
Polyshrink Goddess

i woulda also switch Cirie and Shane. I loved the look on Shane's face when the votes were read. He deserved it for mocking my Jeffy . . um, I mean . .Mr. Probst. lol

SU addict? I don't have a problem. I can stamp - oops, I mean stop - whenever I want to!
Unread 05-04-2006, 09:19 PM   #10
Insane Embellisher

I can actually understand Terry's logic. Even though it would have been nice for him to offer the night to Cerie and her husband. If it were down to him and Cerie in the final two who would be more well liked? Cerie probably would. But Shane is way out there, I can see people voting for Terry over him. Aras just doesn't totally understand life yet.
Unread 05-04-2006, 09:55 PM   #11
Gallery Gazer

I think Terry made the right choice overall. Another reason I would not have chosen Aras is that who would want him getting all filled up on food and ready for challenges? Shane is a big wimp and is never a threat to Terry - so let him have some food and alone time with his son, whom he does seem really devoted to. And whenever Terry makes a psudo-alliance with anyone, they get booted off the show!

Next to go needs to be ARAS! I hope the girls understand that.

Oh, and the evil looks Courtney was giving from the jury made me laugh! So far, everyone on the jury is probably rooting for Terry - he really hasn't hurt anyone's feelings or betrayed anyone (one of the advantages of being the odd man out at the end).
Unread 05-05-2006, 04:31 AM   #12
Crimping Master

I don't know if everyone on the jury is rooting for Terry, but they certainly can't say, when it comes down to two who have to defend themselves, that Terry stabbed anyone in the back. He's been totally on his own since Austin and Sally were voted off, he's had to win every challenge to stay this long and he's done it, he's tried so hard to form an alliance and has failed. So he's truly playing alone. If someone else wins - and I know strange things happen in this game - it will be so, so, so wrong! I'd love to see him win every single challenge and break the car curse by winning it all!!!!

Shane's tribal council faces are priceless.
Unread 05-05-2006, 04:32 AM   #13
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasketMom
So far, everyone on the jury is probably rooting for Terry - he really hasn't hurt anyone's feelings or betrayed anyone (one of the advantages of being the odd man out at the end).
My friend and I were talking about this last night. Terry hasn't voted for anyone on the jury. If he makes it to the final 2, then he should get the votes. I may have misunderstood, but didn't he have to use that idol by final 4? Can he use it next week? I am tired of seeing Terry win the games.
V
Unread 05-05-2006, 05:02 AM   #14
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

I don't remember exactly when they said the idol needed to be used. So even if Terry wins ammunity next week he might still need to show it????

THAT would be interesting.

I think it all depends on how Terry answers their questions and his choice of words and attitude.

DON'T get me wrong. I LOVE Terry and want him to go all the way but I think he can hurt himself if he is not careful.
Unread 05-05-2006, 05:03 AM   #15
Crimping Master

Terry can use his idol next week if he needs to and that will be his last opportunity. I hope he doesn't have to use it! I love seeing him win everything.
Unread 05-05-2006, 05:05 AM   #16
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

I am still wishing for a show where there is no jury and it is one on one to the end after they merge. A true survivor.

I know the jury is an important part of the show and I know a lot of other things go to make the winner but....

An old lady can wish.
Unread 05-05-2006, 05:06 AM   #17
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunseeker
Terry can use his idol next week if he needs to and that will be his last opportunity. I hope he doesn't have to use it! I love seeing him win everything.
Especially since the poll had him as the one the tribe didn't think could make it on his own????
Unread 05-05-2006, 05:07 AM   #18
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Talk to all of you on Sunday. We are off to ride THOMAS THE TANK ENGINE and spend the weekend in Chattanooga TN
Unread 05-05-2006, 07:35 AM   #19
Hardware Hotshot

I also would have switch Shane and Cirie. As for Terry I really enjoy watching him win. I like watching him kick butt.
Unread 05-05-2006, 07:57 AM   #20
Ross' Island Lobster

If I was in his position. I would have sent Shane/Boston and Cirie/DH to the resort. Sent Aras to Exile Island. Taken my spouse back to camp and worked on Danielle.

But now it looks like Danielle wants to side with him anyways.
Unread 05-05-2006, 08:03 AM   #21
down and digi

I couldn't watch last night, so I don't actually know what happened.

However, as to the idol, if Terry cannot use for the final 3, then he should slack off next week and use the idol for himself. That way, he can conserve his energy for the final 3 endurance challenge.
Unread 05-05-2006, 08:14 AM   #22
Glitter Guru

I think Terry chose Shane/Boston so he didn't look like a schmuck in front of the kid - But, I too would have sent Shane and Boston to camp, at least they got to be together

As far as Cirie and HB I think they reall apperciate each other and it was awesome to see a little of that

“So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.”
Unread 05-05-2006, 08:55 AM   #23
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauai17
If I was in his position. I would have sent Shane/Boston and Cirie/DH to the resort. Sent Aras to Exile Island. Taken my spouse back to camp and worked on Danielle.

But now it looks like Danielle wants to side with him anyways.
That would have been interesting. I know I couldn't have done that after being away from DH for so long, but it sure would have thrown them all for a loop.
Unread 05-05-2006, 01:28 PM   #24
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Yahoo to rcmarroquin
Default bye bye shane

I personally am glad Shane is gone. He was really losing it. He started to creep me out because he would get crazy eyes. I hope 2 out of the final 3 are Terry and Cirie. Well, off to stamping land for me.
Unread 05-05-2006, 07:52 PM   #25
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmarroquin
I personally am glad Shane is gone. He was really losing it. He started to creep me out because he would get crazy eyes. I hope 2 out of the final 3 are Terry and Cirie. Well, off to stamping land for me.
Good call!

I mean Terry has been just amazing... winning every immunity challenge, finding the immunity idol, being the last one from his tribe lasting so long. He's definitely been the one to Outplay and Outlast.

And Cirie, has really been playing extremely well. She' come really far for a "City Girl". She has been the one that has Outwitted!
Unread 05-05-2006, 08:57 PM   #26
The Digi-Freak

So my question is: Do you think a mother/son or mother/daughter relationship is as vital/important as a spouse/spouse relationship?

I totally 110% agreed with Terry's line of thought that it is "just a mom".

I wouldn't think that when my girls are 24 I'd be as important in their lives as a spouse! At 3, yes, definitely. At 24, hopefully they've cut the apron strings a bit!

Unread 05-06-2006, 09:56 AM   #27
Pearl-ExPert

Kimberly, to answer your question, I think my relationship with my parents is just as important as my relationship with my husband....but in a different way. I totally agree with Terry's rationale though....
Unread 05-07-2006, 09:06 PM   #28
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmarroquin
I personally am glad Shane is gone. He was really losing it. He started to creep me out because he would get crazy eyes.
Shane reminds me of that guy named Matthew from a few seasons ago. He started going crazy and freaking people out too. Remember him? DH says that was the year they were in the Amazon and Jenna Morasca won. Matthew was in the final two with her.
Member #68181
Unread 05-07-2006, 09:10 PM   #29
Polyshrink Goddess

Personally, I am glad Shane is gone, but I think he would have been a good one to take to the final two. He was just so weird and didn't ever seem to do anything. I don't think many people would have chosen him to win a MILLION dollars.

I think Cerie and Terry in the final two will be an interesting show down. I hope Danielle doesn't go all the way.

Who do you think the final two will be?
Member #68181
Unread 05-07-2006, 10:03 PM   #30
Stampin' Fool

I am always late to post to the Survivor thread because I don't get it until Sunday night. (I live overseas)
I think that sending home Shane was a bad bad choice. You could tell by the look on Terry's face that he felt the same way. Anyone could have beat him out in the final two.... Now, you have some real tough competition for the jury vote.
Terry is the ultimate Survivor. He is strong, charismatic, agile, and honest to boot.... Not to mention the fact that he is the oldest one there. He rocks! If he does not win I will be so disappointed.
He should not slack off on the nexy challenge because he has the potential to choose the next person to go. He can give either immunity idol away and basically be the one to decide who leaves and if he is smart he will get rid of Aras. He is young and could win the jury votes from old tribal ties. So, if he keeps the hidden immunity idol and passes the challenge idol off to Dannielle, it will be either Cirie or Aras who go home. And, since Aras and Cirie said that they are voting Danielle off next he just has to cast one vote for Aras and he out of there.
I was getting so bored with this season and I am so glad to see that it has spiced up a bit.
Unread 05-09-2006, 08:30 AM   #31
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Yahoo to rcmarroquin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grape
Shane reminds me of that guy named Matthew from a few seasons ago. He started going crazy and freaking people out too. Remember him? DH says that was the year they were in the Amazon and Jenna Morasca won. Matthew was in the final two with her.

This is the first season of Survivor that I've watched. I've never been into it until this season. My SIL is addicted to Survivor. Everyone knows not to call her on Thursday nights.
Unread 05-09-2006, 01:35 PM   #32
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestampingstamper
I am always late to post to the Survivor thread because I don't get it until Sunday night. (I live overseas)
I think that sending home Shane was a bad bad choice. You could tell by the look on Terry's face that he felt the same way. Anyone could have beat him out in the final two.... Now, you have some real tough competition for the jury vote.
Terry is the ultimate Survivor. He is strong, charismatic, agile, and honest to boot.... Not to mention the fact that he is the oldest one there. He rocks! If he does not win I will be so disappointed.
He should not slack off on the nexy challenge because he has the potential to choose the next person to go. He can give either immunity idol away and basically be the one to decide who leaves and if he is smart he will get rid of Aras. He is young and could win the jury votes from old tribal ties. So, if he keeps the hidden immunity idol and passes the challenge idol off to Dannielle, it will be either Cirie or Aras who go home. And, since Aras and Cirie said that they are voting Danielle off next he just has to cast one vote for Aras and he out of there.
I was getting so bored with this season and I am so glad to see that it has spiced up a bit.
GOOD POINT!! I had not really thought that far ahead about Terry but you're right - if he wins ammunity, he could totally give that idol away. And I would try to find someone who to give it to who would take me to the final two with them IN CASE he doesn't win the final immunity challenge where you pick who goes with you to the final two. This challenge could be crucial! I think Terry has the best chances of winning against Danielle. And actually, maybe Aras 2nd - too many people like Cirie, so she could somehow pull out a win if you took her to the finals. It isn't to anyone's advantage to take Terry to the final 2, but hopefully he'll get to pick the other final person to go with him.