Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-23-2009, 10:16 PM   #1
Mad Swapper

Default Monk...

Have you seen the ad? LAST SEASON
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-24-2009, 08:19 AM   #2
Die Cut Diva

Yeah, I learned about this sometime last year. Very sad.

I bet he finds Trudy's killer this season.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:18 AM   #3
Stazon Splitcoast

As much as I love the show overall, it's probably time for them to end it -- before it becomes one big bad joke. Randy is driving me NUTS to the point that I want to mute him whenever he's on camera, and Adrian's foibles aren't funny anymore. I don't even watch the reruns.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Old 07-25-2009, 04:55 AM   #4
Rubber Obsessor

Haven't seen the ad - when does the season start? Isn't it usually July?
Old 07-29-2009, 01:06 PM   #5
Stampin' Fool

I believe it starts Aug. 7. Since this is the last season, I will be really upset if they don't wrap things up and find Trudy's killer.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:38 AM   #6
Pearl-ExPert

We love MONK. Me and my bf are heartbroken that this is the last season. I have a couple of seasons on dvd and love watching reruns. So sad, but we'll always have reruns to watch
Old 07-30-2009, 04:52 PM   #7
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by row4d View Post
As much as I love the show overall, it's probably time for them to end it ... Adrian's foibles aren't funny anymore. I don't even watch the reruns.
Yep, same here. I almost didn't watch last season, and was all set to call it quits. Then they announced - quite some time ago - that this would be the last one. Since I have stuck with it for all the others, I'll probably watch this one, too, to see how the Trudy thing works out. That should have been answered eons ago, IMO, but surely they will come up with an answer before it ends.

Funny, I was so sad when Sharona left, but now she drives me nuts if I stumble across a rerun of one of those episodes. I like Natalie much better. Go figure.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:55 PM   #8
Stazon Splitcoast

We love monk too, and it will be sad to see it go. I am thinking they'll wrap it all up by finding Trudy's killer so the monk can "heal" so to speak and maybe even get his job back with the police dept!

My blog: Tails in the stamp room
Old 07-30-2009, 07:57 PM   #9
Glitter Guru

My husband and I watch every episode. We just watched an old rerun with Sharona - she had such a bad attitude. Natalie is a much gentler spirit. I wonder if she and Adrian will get together in the end.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:29 PM   #10
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstampin View Post
We love monk too, and it will be sad to see it go. I am thinking they'll wrap it all up by finding Trudy's killer so the monk can "heal" so to speak and maybe even get his job back with the police dept!
I can't help wondering whether he really will get reinstated. I think back to other shows with a singular plot purpose like Quantum Leap, where we learn in the epilogue at the end of the series finale that Sam never did return home. Honestly? I know Adrian really wants to rejoin the police force, but I sort of like him better out of the uniform as a consultant.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Old 07-31-2009, 08:56 AM   #11
Kookie Creator

I have to say....I thought the show was cancelled years ago!! We never got the show on cable, and we finally got satellite a few weeks ago, so now I've seen the show's been on, but I thought it was reruns!

I do love the show though! I need to get caught up obviously! Do you think they have the episodes on DVD yet? I haven't noticed them.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:57 AM   #12
Kookie Creator

Could I use the word "show" ANY MORE....sheesh!
Old 07-31-2009, 09:41 AM   #13
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanned72 View Post
I have to say....I thought the show was cancelled years ago!! We never got the show on cable, and we finally got satellite a few weeks ago, so now I've seen the show's been on, but I thought it was reruns!

I do love the show though! I need to get caught up obviously! Do you think they have the episodes on DVD yet? I haven't noticed them.
Pretty sure that all past seasons are out on DVD by now -- you could also try the USA channel website as well as sites like Hulu.com to watch them for free on your computer!

My Stampin' Up! blog
Old 07-31-2009, 11:19 AM   #14
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by row4d View Post
I can't help wondering whether he really will get reinstated. I think back to other shows with a singular plot purpose like Quantum Leap, where we learn in the epilogue at the end of the series finale that Sam never did return home. Honestly? I know Adrian really wants to rejoin the police force, but I sort of like him better out of the uniform as a consultant.
I agree with you on that - I just hope they give it some kind of closure. Like maybe he's offered it and turns it down!

My blog: Tails in the stamp room
Old 08-05-2009, 04:48 AM   #15
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampinsusie View Post
My husband and I watch every episode. We just watched an old rerun with Sharona - she had such a bad attitude. Natalie is a much gentler spirit. I wonder if she and Adrian will get together in the end.
I loved Sharona and grew to love Natalie. Sharona had the attitude mosty because she is a nurse I think and would get exasperated with him - she was around really sick people all the time and would lose patience with him, even though he also is sick but in a different way, she just got annoyed with him. I thought it totally fit character in a way as she reminded me of my BIL's sister who is a nurse but would get so annoyed with her own mom - or my friend's mom who would get annoyed with my friend when she was sick. Kind of the "you're not really sick, I've been around sick and you're not it" kind of thing, LOL.

I am really going to be sad when they end it this year. I kind of think as someone else said that he will solve the Trudy case and he will be offered reinstatement and turn it down.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:22 PM   #16
Mad Swapper

So if I caught it right, next week is the last episode? It doesn't seem like the "Trudy mystery" would be wrapped up in just one episode...

Of course, Psych and In Plain Sight are coming back in the winter for another 'short season'. It seems USA does that - a short summer season and a short winter season - maybe they consider it all the same season, just divided. That would give a few more shows for solving Trudy's murder.

Hmmm. I'm gonna miss the crazy guy!
Old 08-24-2009, 04:18 PM   #17
Pearl-ExPert

They do half the season during summer and half the season during winter. I've tivo'd the most recent episode and haven't had time to watch it yet, so I'm not entirely sure what reference made it sound like a last season. That's only 3 eps or so for the current half, which seemed ridiculously short to me, so I looked it up on the USANetwork.com website. It looks like they might not be airing a new episode on Labor Day weekend coming up soon, but there appear to be other new ones still coming. (The Monk page wasn't particularly helpful, but I went to the schedule page and did a search for Monk.)
Old 08-24-2009, 04:34 PM   #18
Pearl-ExPert

errr... actually, In Plain Sight and Burn Notice run in the summer/winter, Monk and Psych are more like "early fall". but same principle applies.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:34 PM   #19
Mad Swapper

They advertised this summer that this would be the last season - I just hoped it wasn't already at the end! I'll look for it again after Labor Day...
Old 08-30-2009, 05:44 PM   #20
Stampin' Fool

is anyone else disappointed in this last season? it is like no is trying to make it a good one. stottlemyer and randy are hardly in any episodes, natalie was finally in this past week for longer than a couple minutes.
have they all just moved on to other things, since this show isn't going anywhere in the future?
i sure hope they rap up the trudy mystery too. but it will prob be in the very last episode.

tooexcitedtosleep
Old 08-30-2009, 06:20 PM   #21
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by vramsey View Post
is anyone else disappointed in this last season? it is like no is trying to make it a good one. stottlemyer and randy are hardly in any episodes, natalie was finally in this past week for longer than a couple minutes.
have they all just moved on to other things, since this show isn't going anywhere in the future?
i sure hope they rap up the trudy mystery too. but it will prob be in the very last episode.
I thought it was just me. I LOVE this show but I haven't been super enthralled with the latest episodes in a way -- I kind of felt there was something missing somehow. Same thing with Psych.

The one with the man from Africa was funny in a few parts though, that episode was good. The one the other night, not so much. The time the man from Africa and he were in the truck and the man asked Monk to put his hand in his pocket they just looked at each other in silence, for quite some time actually, and I told DH that I wondered how many takes it took to get that scene, it looked like it must have been a hard one to get through without cracking up. I wish there were outtakes from it like they do with Psych.
Old 09-05-2009, 06:51 PM   #22
Stazon Splitcoast

wrong thread, sorry
Gourmet Play Food Etsy
Old 09-05-2009, 09:18 PM   #23
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by vramsey View Post
stottlemyer and randy are hardly in any episodes...
I did notice -- and for me, less of Randy is a GOOD thing! Seriously, he was funny for maybe the first two or three seasons, and then he just became way too much of a buffoon. Sorry, buddy, but the Barney Fife routine just doesn't work outside of Mayberry!

My Stampin' Up! blog
Old 09-06-2009, 08:19 PM   #24
Mad Swapper

Back on this Friday with new episodes...
Old 11-28-2009, 03:41 PM   #25
Stazon Splitcoast

...and here we are, with only ONE EPISODE LEFT and I find myself wishing they were going on for another two seasons (after all, ten is a nice, round number!) because so many of the annoyances I talked about earlier in the season are disappearing! Yes, Randy's still a bit goofy but I gained a lot of respect for him as a character after the "Big Brothers" wilderness camping episode a couple of weeks ago.

Did I call it or did I call it on Monk's decision to turn his badge back in and retire from the police force? I'm glad he did, too, because he couldn't investigate cases the way he was accustomed to once he was officially reinstated.

It was so nice to see the "old" Monk with his wife, behaving like any other married couple in love. Pretty chilling to watch all the events leading up to Trudy's death, knowing what was coming -- can't wait to see what's on that videotape! Just think, how could things have been different if he'd known years ago that there really wasn't a watch (or other "normal" gift) in that box!

My Stampin' Up! blog
Old 11-29-2009, 12:00 AM   #26
Glitter Guru

My husband and I are both sad it's ending. Great acting in this show. We just love Monk. Anyone else watching the Monk marathon today? I think it's today, anyway (Sunday). Anyone else going to his web site and telling him goodbye?
Old 12-12-2009, 08:59 AM   #27
Stampin' Fool

Just watched the Series Finale. It's sad that it's over, cause I liked this show. But the ending was okay. I'm glad it was a "happy" ending. But a little sad that if Monk had just opened Trudy's gift all those years ago his life would have been VERY different!