Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-03-2006, 03:05 AM   #41
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Katherine's second song last night was the first time I have REALLY liked her.

LOVED Chris....naturally....but think he should have switch to something different on his second song and showed that softer(make you melt) side again.

Taylor....He is just a flat out entertainer.

Paris....I hope this is the night she goes home.

Elliott....I love his voice but something still bothers me about him and I can't figure out what.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:50 AM   #42
Hardware Hotshot

I did not get to see the second performances of either singer.

Elliott -- I thought did an okay job with the first song. It was not spectacular, but not too bad.

Kat -- first song was horrendous. She was off key in so many places.

Chris -- I think he's awesome! He's good looking and he has an awesome voice!!! "Renegade" was an incredible choice for him!!

Paris -- I think she has an incredible singing voice! I can't stand to hear her talk, but she has such a powerful voice though. As for her song choice, "Kiss" well, in addition to being a George Strait Fan (hence Str8Fan) I am also a huge Prince fan. I think he's a musical genius!!! So, I liked her choice and her voice. With that said, I don't want her to win, because I think she needs to be in school! Sorry, the teacher in me came out.

Taylor -- While I like his voice and I could see that he had a blast with "Play That Funky Music", I don't think he did a good job. I think he's a good performer, but not that good of a singer.

I think the bottom two tonight will be Elliott and Kat. I think that Kat will go home. I think that the final two are going to be Chris and Paris. Not because she is that good, but because I think she'll continue getting a lot of votes. Look at Diana DeGarmo from season three up against Fantasia. I didn't think she had a chance to get that far, but when you get millions of teenagers with phone access they vote for their peer!!!

I'm just hoping that Chris wins in the end.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-03-2006, 05:03 AM   #43
Mad Swapper

Cool

I thought Chris was awesome...on both songs. I didn't know his second song and he did seem like his voice was going but he still rocked! And man is he sexy!

I really like Kat. I didn't like her version of Against All Odds. I don't know why she had so much trouble with that. But that second song was awesome. Gotta go download it!

I am hot and cold for Taylor. His performances tonight were great but I think he played it too safe with his second choice. Kinda cheating IMHO picking a Beatles classic that just happens to be on the top charts now.

Elliot doesn't do too much for me. His songs were nice but I dunno I still can't get behind him. Thought it was a bad idea to sing about wanting to go home!

Buh bye, Paris! Please!!!! I didn't like her first song but I thought she did well with her second. Although she didn't put her own spin on it. I think she needs to go home.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:13 AM   #44
Crimping Master

I loved Katharine's second song and still think she will make it through to next week.

Didn't care for Chris - when they played the songs back at the end they sounded the same, just so-so. I'm sure he'll still make it too.

I am so tired of Paris and thought her version of Kiss was blah. I hope she's going home.

Elliot was just okay for me. Nothing too impressive. I can take him or leave him.

Taylor did a great job, IMO! I thought he picked good songs and it was clever of him to pick a Beatles tune for his "current" song.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:30 AM   #45
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Giraffes & Laughs
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Hawkins
Elliott....I love his voice but something still bothers me about him and I can't figure out what.
Me too Granny! Is it the pointy ears? The teeth? The hair? I just can't figure it out. So I decided just to listen last night.

I still think Chris will win, although I really like Katharine. She has just not been consistent enough every week -- and who is dressing her?????

Paris really needs to go home.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:54 AM   #46
Hardware Hotshot

Elliot- awesome voice, not entertaining.
Taylor- thought he did great and was very entertaining. I got the giggles watching him on the floor.
Kat- not impressed w/the first song but redeemed in the second, always great and she is so pretty.
Paris- go home, not impressed, yes she has talent but she didn't impress me at all last night and she's a bit annoying.
Chris- I agree w/Granny, he should have picked a more mellow song for his 2nd. I think he deserves to be the next idol, but I'm not sure I like his hard rock enough to buy it. I'd love a cd w/some classics and mellow songs from him.

Did anyone notice who the target is for votefortheworst.com??? TAYLOR!?! I had dh pull it up while I was watching the show and about lost it. C'mon! Taylor is much better than some of the others. But I'm not complaining b/c that means he's getting VOTES!

Paris go home tonight please...
Old 05-03-2006, 06:01 AM   #47
Gabfest Goddess

Got to watch this all the way thru for the first time this season. I love Chris! I hope he goes all the way to #1!!

Taylor's 1st song had me up shaking my fat butt - I love to dance to that song!

I can't stand Paris' speaking voice - reminds me of Butterfly McQueen (Prissy in Gone With the Wind). I'm thinking she's got to go.

Loved Kat's 2nd song (it's one of my faves on the radio right now).

<--Wishing I was cruising (Caribbean Princess, May 2010)
Old 05-03-2006, 06:04 AM   #48
Gallery Gazer

They were just talking on the radio station here about AI last night and one of the radio personalities said that when Kat did her second song, they felt uncomfortable with her on the floor the whole time and kept wanting her to stand up. I agree. I kept thinking to myself, "OK, now she is going to get up." Great song for her. Poor choice of choreography. They did a quick poll of five call and 3 said Paris would go home tonight and 2 said Eliot would go tonight. My money's on Paris....She is what my kids would call a "Poser".
Old 05-03-2006, 07:10 AM   #49
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotRFan
Did anyone notice that was Kelly Clarkson singing in the Ford commercial, I liked it!
YEP - -heard it from the bathroom - - ROFLOL and could tell it was her!! GOOD FOR HER !!
Old 05-03-2006, 08:57 AM   #50
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by msamethyst1
Got detained at work with a problem so didn't get to see it "live." Thank goodness the VCR was set. Just finished watching and here's my take.

Elliott - On Broadway. Way too much vibrato, couldn't stay on key. 2nd song Home. Eh, OK. Another adequate but not spectacular performance.

Paris - Kiss. Yet again she picked a song that is way too identified with a specific artist. Adequate but not spectacular. 2nd song Be Without You. Another "eh, ok" performance. Nothing special in my book.

Chris - Renegade. Great job. Picked something that was rockin but a little melodic. 2nd song I Dare You. Definitely showing the strain on his voice. Needs to do more singing lying down so it comes from the diaphragm and not his throat.

Katharine - Against All Odds. In the interest of full disclosure I must preface my remarks by saying I am a big Phil Collins fan. Dreadful. Simply dreadful. Sharp, flat, all over the place but rarely on key. 2nd song Black Horse and the Cherry Tree. Hadn't ever heard the song before but I'm hooked on it after the great job she did it. Definitely downloadable. This may have saved her from elimination tonight.

Taylor - Play that Funky Music. PERFECT song for him. Great energy and I loved the shirt. 2nd song Something. Another good song choice and he did a great job.

Bottom 2 Paris and Elliott. Buh Bye Paris.
Exactly what I would have said!

I'm listening to "Take A Look at Me Now" right now, and yes, as much as I like Katharine, she didn't do a good job with it. But she knew it right then!

Ok I'm so glad you mentioned Elliot and his vibratto. Too many people mistake vibratto with being a good singer. They aren't the same thing! Elliot puts too much vibratto in EVERYTHING he sings. I don't think he can actually sing a solid note. So far I haven't heard it! Plus I thought his second song was kinda funny, why would you sing a song that says "I want to go home" ??? Oh and was it me or did it look like he had chew in his mouth the whole time? Blech!
Old 05-03-2006, 10:06 AM   #51
ink, paper, & icing crafter

CHRIS ALL THE WAY!!!! I got 75 votes in for him last night (Man, do I need a life! ) I enjoyed Taylor's first song and Kat's second one because they seemed to really be enjoying themselves. I really hope Paris goes home. Yes, she can sing. But can anyone really stand having to hear her talk any longer?!
Old 05-03-2006, 10:27 AM   #52
Insane Embellisher

I've just been wondering why Taylor hasn't sung Mustang Sally yet? Couldn't you just see it? What a perfect song for him. And judging by the type of band he's in, I'm sure they've played it several times.

I actually voted about 75-100 times for Elliott last night. I've never called in that many votes before. I knew Chris would get lots of votes (I squeezed in a few for him too), and I wanted Elliott to get more votes than Paris this week.

Lisa
John 16:33

A stranger's just a friend you haven't met!
Old 05-03-2006, 10:53 AM   #53
Polyshrink Goddess

dialidol.com has Elliott, Kat and Paris as the bottom 3 with Paris to go home. It looks like Elliot and Chris almost TIED for 2nd place. Taylor is WAY ahead of everybody.

As much as I love Chris's voice, I'm getting tired of the heavy rocker. I'd like to see him soften it up more. Like Bo's kind of rock. I don't think the general American public like screaming singers.

Taylor may take it all the way. He's never been in the final 3 at all.

I'd really like to see Elliott win. But then again, I've always had a thing for underdogs.

I am only as strong as the coffee I drink, the hairspray I use and the friends I have.

If you can't get rid of the skeleton in the closet you might as well take it out and let it dance.
George Bernard Shaw
Old 05-03-2006, 11:00 AM   #54
Glitter Guru

Too funny --I posted before (was it last night or this morning?? Sheesh --do I need sleep) that I'd never heard of Katharine's second song, nor the artist. Well, not only did I hear it on the radio coming home from the dentist today (on the same station I always listen to --I don't think they've ever played it before) but also they had it on Days of Our Lives!!!! I love it
Old 05-03-2006, 01:31 PM   #55
Stazon Splitcoast

I love Katherine and agree the one the floor bit was a little odd, but her singing was great for the 2nd song.

I'm with granny, not sure what I don't like about Elliott, but it is something. He appears to be a really nice guy.

Paris need to go. I didn't like anything.

Taylor is annoying and I agree with Simon (gasp). He is a great entertainer at a wedding or party.

I'm a rocker chick at heart and feel like Chris is getting bored. I don't think he will win which will be good for him. Hopefully he can get a great contract with his boys and rock out!! I want to see him bouncing around stage with a bass player on one side, guitar on the other, and a huge drum kit behind him.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:53 PM   #56
Hardware Hotshot

Default What is it about Elliott

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampingQueenJAR
The teeth?
I think Elliott had teeth work ... they look whiter and the same length, as if they have been filed down. Out of all of them, I think his looks have evolved the most.

I am SOOOOO tired of Paris ... I hope she goes home tonight.

Chris ... I don't know ... I just don't see what everyone else sees. Yeah, he's good and he's easy on the eyes ... maybe it's his song choices/genre. He just doesn't do it for me.

I LOVE Taylor. He really enjoys himself up there on stage.

Just a few more hours ....
Old 05-03-2006, 02:28 PM   #57
Mad Swapper

Red face

I'm LMBO here! I'm looking through the summer mini (again!) and started singing to the tune of Bo Bice's Real Thing ... It's The Wheel Thing! I'm too addicted to AI and SU!
Old 05-03-2006, 03:55 PM   #58
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by krista_stampinfun
(Man, do I need a life! )
Haha! My sister called me last night at 11:03 (after voting of course) and said that she thinks she's a loser because she voted so many times. She then asks me how many times did I vote? I say, well, I think I'm a loser, too. I voted 70 times for Katharine and 33 times for Taylor. She's quiet for a moment and then says, I voted for Chris 256 times!!! Yup, she's a bigger loser than I am.

Wild Rose Stamper blog
SCS gallery
Old 05-03-2006, 05:34 PM   #59
Hot Mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessrose21
Haha! My sister called me last night at 11:03 (after voting of course) and said that she thinks she's a loser because she voted so many times. She then asks me how many times did I vote? I say, well, I think I'm a loser, too. I voted 70 times for Katharine and 33 times for Taylor. She's quiet for a moment and then says, I voted for Chris 256 times!!! Yup, she's a bigger loser than I am.
Your sister is cool!!!
Old 05-03-2006, 05:39 PM   #60
Kookie Creator

I was on the phone long distance with my family and MISSED who got voted off. (WHAT was I thinking?!!!?) Would someone tell me? PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!
Old 05-03-2006, 05:40 PM   #61
Hot Mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxychick
I was on the phone long distance with my family and MISSED who got voted off. (WHAT was I thinking?!!!?) Would someone tell me? PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!
it's not on for another 20 minutes
Old 05-03-2006, 05:42 PM   #62
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Giraffes & Laughs

Quote:
WOW!!!! I'm glad she voted, because I had to record it and by the time I saw the end, I couldn't phone in anymore!

I think Paris is going home. HOPE so anyway.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:49 PM   #63
Watercolor Wizard

I too think it's Paris who is going to leave tonight.

Old 05-03-2006, 05:52 PM   #64
Kookie Creator

It doesn't come on at 8? But it did last night. Gee, why can't they just keep the time the same? I have more to do in life than keep up with what time Idol is on!!! Okay, never mind.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:15 PM   #65
Stampin' Fool

Hopefully Paris is Gone Gone Gone!
Old 05-03-2006, 06:24 PM   #66
Glitter Guru

Well, at least she's in the bottom 2......

after the break......after the break......after the break......
Old 05-03-2006, 06:30 PM   #67
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Giraffes & Laughs

Paris it is! Elliott will squeak by another week~
Old 05-03-2006, 06:31 PM   #68
Hot Mess

Old 05-03-2006, 06:31 PM   #69
Crimping Master

YES - THANK YOU AMERICA FOR VOTING CORRECTLY!!!

GO CHRIS!!
Old 05-03-2006, 06:32 PM   #70
Glitter Guru

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Old 05-03-2006, 06:36 PM   #71
Polyshrink Goddess

We lost cable at the break! OMG the cable company will hear about this! So, it was Paris, really? Thank goodness, finally!
Old 05-03-2006, 06:39 PM   #72
Matboard Maniac

She may of been annoying, but she is young and can sing! I think Elliot or Katherine will go next. I am not attached to someone this yr like i was with Bo last yr.

Sagittarius's rock! fire baby fire! :)

""God bless America. God save the Queen. God defend New Zealand and thank God for Australia"
Old 05-03-2006, 06:39 PM   #73
Kookie Creator

Okay, I can live another day...now we all know.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:53 PM   #74
Gallery Gazer

SCS's are the best. We are having severe storms right now so even though I was Tivo'ing Idol all I have are the local weathermen. I knew I could come here and find out who got booted off. Thank goodness that girl finally went home!! Not that I disliked her so much...just so much more that anyone else who is left.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:58 PM   #75
Hardware Hotshot

* * * F I N A L L Y * * *

See ya! Princess P!
Old 05-03-2006, 07:25 PM   #76
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
She's awesome!

Yay! Paris is going home!!!

Did Kat looked shocked that she was staying or what!
My nonstamping, weight-loss blog sort of.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:27 PM   #77
Hot Mess

My mom keeps calling Katharine Nanny McFee. It makes me laugh!
Old 05-03-2006, 07:31 PM   #78
Stazon Splitcoast

She had to have barely missed being in the bottom two tonight after watching the performances again tonight.
My nonstamping, weight-loss blog sort of.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:31 PM   #79
Hardware Hotshot

I can't believe that Kat was not at the bottom two. I'm glad that Paris is gone mainly because she needs to be in school. She's got plenty of time to become a musical star.

I'm thinking that Elliot will be next to go. We'll see. I was way off on my prior prediction.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:36 PM   #80
Crimping Master

Who was in the bottom two with Paris?
Tell me it wasn't Taylor!!!