Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-24-2006, 04:25 PM   #1
Diversified Multicultural Postmodern Deconstructionist Philogian

Default CSI preview for Jan 4

Leads one to believe Gil Grissom is leaving the CSI unit.

If so, I'm not sure I'll continue watching.

Rainsong
Old 12-24-2006, 10:32 PM   #2
Gabfest Goddess

Oh, I hope not -- I can't imagine the show without him.

Heather

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-25-2006, 06:41 PM   #3
Glitter Queen

Nope not leaving. William Petersen is doing a play very soon in Rhode Island. Therefore Gil Grissom is going on leave to lecture at a Rhode Island University.

So he will be back.

Cheers,
Karen
Old 12-25-2006, 07:03 PM   #4
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

[quote=smeodao]Nope not leaving. William Petersen is doing a play very soon in Rhode Island. Therefore Gil Grissom is going on leave to lecture at a Rhode Island University.

So he will be back.

What she said.

Didn't know what he was suppose to be doing on the show but knew he was suppose to come back.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:29 AM   #5
Mad Swapper

I did hear an interview with him that he will be back this season but maybe not next season. He wants to do more plays I think.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:42 AM   #6
Dirty Dozen Alumni

NOOOOOOOOOOO! That would ruin the show!

Old 12-26-2006, 04:07 PM   #7
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: The avie is my granddaughter & the bike that she races

It wouldn't be the same without him. If he left for good, I am afraid that watching it weekly for me would slowly become a thing of the past.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:08 AM   #8
Die Cut Diva

The show will definitely lose a lot without him. I will watch the coming season and see what happens.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:42 AM   #9
Toy
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I keep seeing the commercials and I think they want us to think he's leaving, but as stated he's just going to be 'away'. I, for one, am sad. I watch for Gil. I'm such a sucker for his style, wit and charm. Sooo.. I will watch and wait to see what develops.. besides, the rest of the cast rocks, too. I wouldn't have a normal week if I didn't drool over those guys at least once!
Old 01-01-2007, 05:15 AM   #10
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy
I keep seeing the commercials and I think they want us to think he's leaving, but as stated he's just going to be 'away'. I, for one, am sad. I watch for Gil. I'm such a sucker for his style, wit and charm. Sooo.. I will watch and wait to see what develops.. besides, the rest of the cast rocks, too. I wouldn't have a normal week if I didn't drool over those guys at least once!
Makes me think . . . Nick.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:32 AM   #11
Stampin' Fool

I did a lot of searching around for information about this because I was upset, too, and what I read said that he because of their filming schedule, break time, and other things, he will actually only be gone for two episodes of CSI. I hope that's right!!
Old 01-01-2007, 07:54 PM   #12
Stazon Splitcoast

The last new episode (beginning of Dec), Gil got a letter from some authority suggesting he take a leave. I hope you are correct that it's only for a couple of episodes. It really wouldn't be the same without him. And what about him and Sarah? They finally get together and he takes off? Not fair!
Old 01-02-2007, 06:05 AM   #13
Die Cut Diva

I was hoping they would do a little more with the relationship between Gil and Sarah; they disappointed me with that story line.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:48 PM   #14
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by navybrat75
I was hoping they would do a little more with the relationship between Gil and Sarah; they disappointed me with that story line.
Me too, they have said nothing else about them. I am glad to know he will not be gone for good though.
Project 365 blog
Old 01-03-2007, 04:05 AM   #15
Stazon Splitcoast

I know this is going to sound bad, but after being a loyal diehard, not missing any episodes since its premiere, I switched this year to Grey's Anatomy. (Insert: please don't send me any flames, okay?? ;0)) Anywho, I definitely agree that Gil is the glue that keeps the show running. Although the other cast members are fantastic too (shout out to Warrick!!), I don't know if they would carry the show without him. When I saw that teaser trailer I yelled out loud, "No, William, just think back to that louse David Caruso!!" He thought he was all that and his career tanked for many years after NYPD Blue. Also, I've never cared for David Caruso, as I'd certainly watch William in anything else. Yeah, I'm bummed about the whole Gil/Sarah thing too...all that build-up and then poof??
Old 01-03-2007, 08:09 AM   #16
Die Cut Diva

The diff between William and Carusso is Carusso was going to become a "film star" (read that with a lot of sarcasm lol) and William Peterson is going to be in the "theatre" and already has job(s) lined up.
Not too mention that William can act and Carusso is a joke. Every week my family laughs about Horatio Caine and his incredible crime solving sunglasses! He makes a big deal out of putting on and taking off those sunglasses in the opening and closing of each and every episode. I'm telling you, if he ever loses his oh so dramatic sunglasses, Miami is screwed! roflmbo
Old 01-03-2007, 08:12 AM   #17
Matboard Maniac

oh my gosh, me and my husband laugh about if Horatio ever leaves Miami it will jsut falll apart cuz only he can solve the case. My husband says he has a stiff neck. He can only seem to look at people sideways. Yeah those sunglasses are just funny too.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:20 AM   #18
Die Cut Diva

I've noticed that he always stands sideways or at an angle to the camera, he's very rarely filmed straight on. He is such a prima donna!
Old 01-03-2007, 10:17 AM   #19
Matboard Maniac

I love the show and everyone else on there just seems he has to solve them all. I am ready for my showes to come back on. NCIS, CIS, and CSI NY and CSI Miami. I have to admit though the last 2 weeks or so I have gotten so much more done of an evening. Sad to admit that. I really needed to get Tivo for Christmas. LOL.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:00 PM   #20
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akienzle
I love the show and everyone else on there just seems he has to solve them all. I am ready for my showes to come back on. NCIS, CIS, and CSI NY and CSI Miami. I have to admit though the last 2 weeks or so I have gotten so much more done of an evening. Sad to admit that. I really needed to get Tivo for Christmas. LOL.
I love all those shows, too!!!! I'm so glad that Gil isn't leaving for good, too!!
Old 01-04-2007, 08:01 AM   #21
Stazon Splitcoast

I didn't mean to bring up the David Caruso comparsion to disrespect William - my DH thinks William is an egotistical monster too. DH can't stand his cheesy one liners...he always laughs as he walks away, as I'm catching up with my TiVO. Oh well! He doesn't get it! I can't stand the other 2 CSI's, just the original for me, thanks!!
Old 01-04-2007, 10:18 AM   #22
Die Cut Diva

I'm starting to like CSI NY now. I like that actors on NY and really wanted to like the show but it seems like they concentrate so hard on the evidence that it's taken a long time to get to know the main characters, where Miami concentrates so hard on the characters that the evidence takes a backseat. I have to say Las Vegas is my favorite, it's got just the right balance (usually. lol I want more of a storyline on Gil and Sarah's relationship! )
Old 01-04-2007, 10:19 AM   #23
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by navybrat75
The diff between William and Carusso is Carusso was going to become a "film star" (read that with a lot of sarcasm lol) and William Peterson is going to be in the "theatre" and already has job(s) lined up.
Not too mention that William can act and Carusso is a joke. Every week my family laughs about Horatio Caine and his incredible crime solving sunglasses! He makes a big deal out of putting on and taking off those sunglasses in the opening and closing of each and every episode. I'm telling you, if he ever loses his oh so dramatic sunglasses, Miami is screwed! roflmbo
And don't forget to hook your thumbs in your pockets! LOL!
Old 01-04-2007, 10:21 AM   #24
Mad Swapper

I have loved CSI from the beginning, like NY but something always conflicts, and like Miami OK, but wouldn't tape it or anything.

One thing that bugs be about ALL of them - do not any of these labs pay their electic bills?!?!?!
Old 01-04-2007, 10:22 AM   #25
Mad Swapper

ARRGG - ELECTRIC
Old 01-05-2007, 08:37 AM   #26
Matboard Maniac

well what bugged me last night was Gil got another little model and now we are going to have to wait till he gets back. I hate those kind of endings.

Angela
Old 01-05-2007, 09:09 AM   #27
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommj
One thing that bugs be about ALL of them - do not any of these labs pay their electic bills?!?!?!
Hah! We have said this, too. And even more funny ... when they are at the scene of a crime, why don't they ever turn on the lights???? LOL
Old 01-05-2007, 10:46 AM   #28
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieStamper
Hah! We have said this, too. And even more funny ... when they are at the scene of a crime, why don't they ever turn on the lights???? LOL
Here's a 3rd one wondering about that! They could save a lot of money on batteries if they would turn off their flashlights and turn on the lights!!! And how do they find that one hair that doesn't belong?! Where are the other 300 hairs they found that did belong?!? And they find it with nothing but an itty bitty flashlight!! rofl
Old 01-05-2007, 12:01 PM   #29
Matboard Maniac

it is easier for them to investagate a crime scene w/ a flash light and all other lights off.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:38 PM   #30
Polyshrink Goddess

The last two shows have really focused around Catherine. I don't mind her, but Nick, Sarah and Gil are my favorites and tonight Sarah was only in one scene, what's up with that? I have been kinda disappointed with the last two episodes. They used to working on solving two cases each show, but now it's gone to only one case. It just doesn't seem the same anymore. But that doesn't mean I am going to stop watching anytime soon. I need my CSI. I am just kinda disappointed with what's going on.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:02 PM   #31
Die Cut Diva

I won't stop watching, that's for sure. I like them all.

"Forget regret or life is yours to miss." - Jonathan Larson
Old 01-23-2007, 12:35 PM   #32
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari stamper
I know this is going to sound bad, but after being a loyal diehard, not missing any episodes since its premiere, I switched this year to Grey's Anatomy. (Insert: please don't send me any flames, okay?? ;0)) Anywho, I definitely agree that Gil is the glue that keeps the show running. Although the other cast members are fantastic too (shout out to Warrick!!), I don't know if they would carry the show without him. When I saw that teaser trailer I yelled out loud, "No, William, just think back to that louse David Caruso!!" He thought he was all that and his career tanked for many years after NYPD Blue. Also, I've never cared for David Caruso, as I'd certainly watch William in anything else. Yeah, I'm bummed about the whole Gil/Sarah thing too...all that build-up and then poof??
I just thought you might like to know, you can watch Grey's online the next day at abc.com. That way you don't miss any of the CSI epis.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:38 PM   #33
Rubber Obsessor

what's so sad to me (about csi miami, that is) is that i like the rest of the cast except for horatio. and i like the cases. i was once a die-hard las vegas fan (for grissom) but lately calleigh duquesne on csi miami has been winning me over. *sigh*
i would watch csi miami without horatio. not sure i'd watch csi las vegas without grissom.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:09 PM   #34
Polyshrink Goddess

Am I the only one who felt sorry for the "new guy"? (Mike) And what was up w/the different scenes for a person shooting the black guy in alley during the beginning scenes? Any ideas?

And what's up w/the miniatures again!?!? I knew it was coming, but didn't they get that guy? Or is it somebody else now? A Copy Cat?
Old 02-09-2007, 01:42 PM   #35
Pearl-ExPert

Oh I did not see the previews for next week (dumb tivo cuts it off everytime). Are there miniatures again next week? Those are fascinating.
Project 365 blog
Old 02-09-2007, 02:12 PM   #36
Pearl-ExPert

David carruso try's to play John Wayne w/the hands on hips etc. The others wellll...don't like any of them much either..cept for the mexican guy?? sry name escapes me..that show is all boobs!! and how can you go on a crime scene w/4" heels n white pants n sweater ...jeeshhhh..loves ya Gail
Old 02-16-2007, 12:10 PM   #37
Polyshrink Goddess

Ok...I missed most of the show. Got to see some, but a lot of it was on mute. (I was talking to sis-in-law) I know the "Miniature Killer" is still out there and they're now hunting thru the "supposed M.K. guy's" files. I also saw the part where they found the right appartment but the gal was still alive. Then her cat drank some tea... Got the phone call...saw the cat was autopsied (Can't remember the name for an animal examination) and then didn't get back to the show until the very last 5 minutes. Anyone out there willing to update me? TIA!!!
Old 02-16-2007, 12:12 PM   #38
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by MochaMama
Ok...I missed most of the show. Got to see some, but a lot of it was on mute. (I was talking to sis-in-law) I know the "Miniature Killer" is still out there and they're now hunting thru the "supposed M.K. guy's" files. I also saw the part where they found the right appartment but the gal was still alive. Then her cat drank some tea... Got the phone call...saw the cat was autopsied (Can't remember the name for an animal examination) and then didn't get back to the show until the very last 5 minutes. Anyone out there willing to update me? TIA!!!
OOOOOPS!!! I meant to say "I missed most of the show LAST NIGHT... (2/15)" An update would be SUPER!!
Old 02-16-2007, 10:05 PM   #39
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Can't remember the name for an animal examination
That would be a necromancy.

Okay, synopsis -- DO NOT read on if you don't want to know!

They found the right apartment, swapped out the inteded victim for a police officer, thinking the killer was going to enter the apartment and try to suffocate her with a pillow...only no one ever entered and they ended up with a dead officer. Autopsy showed cause of death as carbon monoxide. Turned out there was a timer set inside the fireplace that closed the flue for a short period of time -- just long enough to kill the victim.

They also discovered that the guy they thought was the MK and who had committed suicide a month ago had a son who legally changed his name. They found him, he had an alibi, and suggested they look into all of the foster kids his parents had cared for before his mother died. Investigation is now hampered by legal red tape, making it difficult for the team to find out how many kids were in and out of their house, and what happened to them after.

That's pretty much it.

Heather

Old 02-18-2007, 12:45 PM   #40
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordTrix
That would be a necromancy.

Heather
I KNEW it was in this post somewhere!!! I just couldn't find it! TY!!

Also, thanks SO MUCH, for the recap, Heather!!!!! Now I'll be able to watch next epi pretty much up to date.