Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-30-2006, 01:57 PM   #601
Mad Swapper

Location: Indiana, Oh Indiana. Indiana, we're all for you! IU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampingV
What a great show. I think I would feel the same way Danielle did if I spent a whole summer in a house with strangers and no money to show for it. I kinda hope Chicken George wins. It would be so funny if he did.

V
The thing is that she gets paid well even if she doesn't win. They get $4K/week in the BB house, then $5K/week in sequestor. If they win, that money is taken out of their winnings. Someone figured out that the first person in sequestor (Marcellas) will get more than the one who ends up in 3rd place. That's just wrong!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-30-2006, 01:58 PM   #602
~~Triple S Threat~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierstamper
The thing is that she gets paid well even if she doesn't win. They get $4K/week in the BB house, then $5K/week in sequestor. If they win, that money is taken out of their winnings. Someone figured out that the first person in sequestor (Marcellas) will get more than the one who ends up in 3rd place. That's just wrong!
Really? I didn't think they got anything... except the second place person got like $50,000 or something like that

Old 08-30-2006, 02:27 PM   #603
Mad Swapper

Quote:
WOW! I had no clue that they got paid to be on the show.......I kinda wondered how people could afford to take off work for that long to do something like that. Do all the contestants get paid or is this just a new thing for Allstars?

My Gallery
Old 08-30-2006, 02:46 PM   #604
Die Cut Diva

Well, if they do get paid, then Danielle shouldn't be too mad! I think she was more mad about being betrayed by Eryka but I'll be glad if Dani is voted out!

V
Old 08-30-2006, 04:19 PM   #605
Hardware Hotshot

I didn't know they got paid either... wow! I want Dani to be gone. They didn't show all the fits she threw the night before the POV... she has lost her mind. I am going for chill town and Jani, you can't beat, you should join them.
Old 08-30-2006, 04:37 PM   #606
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
WHAT!!!!! THEY GET PAID THAT MUCH!!!!!
I could make a year's salary (more actually) for a few weeks on BB.
That's just not right...
I've been stalking this thread just to see what everyone else was thinking about the contestants, but this post forced me to come out of hiding!!!
Old 08-31-2006, 06:18 AM   #607
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micki_Beatles
Finale is September 12!!!
Oh no, no BB? What shall I do!?!
Old 08-31-2006, 11:38 AM   #608
Mad Swapper

All contestants have been paid, but this year they upped the stipend a ton! I can't remember how much it was in the past, maybe $750/week, but NOTHING like this year. These rich b*t*hes are used to getting that much or more in their "normal" lives. Will even said at one point that he will lose money on this deal even if he wins. Who knows if that's true. It's not like his businesses have to stop making money just b/c he's not around. I guess dermatologists in Miami make BIG bucks!!!
Old 08-31-2006, 11:40 AM   #609
Mad Swapper

Here are some tidbits of info from http://www.mortystv.com/big_brother.shtml : In Big Brother 7,
14 former houseguests will compete to win $500,000
The houseguests have been in the house 59 days.
They have 12 days to go.
This is the second year for the two story Big Brother house. It was remodeled for BB7 at a cost of $350,000. The house was constructed on CBS stage 18 in Television City. This is the former home to "Yes Dear." "Yes Dear" star Anthony Clark is a big "Big Brother" fan and in 2003 had an episode of his series, "Big Brother-in-Law," take place in the original Big Brother house with 11 former houseguests.

The house is equipped with 46 cameras and 72 microphones. There is a camera over the toilet in case the stall is used for a meeting place.

Each guest is paid $4000 a week salary, and $5000 a week for each week in the sequester house. If a HG wins, their salary is deducted from the prize. This year, that really sucks as second place winner will end up with less cash than the first sequestered juror.

They received nearly 5,000 applications to be on the show each year from real people that actually want to be there.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:57 PM   #610
Stampin' Fool

Hopefully, tonight is the night that Danielle goes home! But sadly, I think maybe George is going too. I didn't expect him to win, but it would have been great, since he's such a nice guy. I guess we will have to see if that is the way BB is doing the double eviction. One other possibility is that, they evict one, then have an HOH competition, and the winner has to nominate 2 people and then a 2nd vote. It will be interesting either way.
Dina
Old 08-31-2006, 04:07 PM   #611
Polyshrink Goddess

From what Julie said last Thursday I understand that tonight after the first eviction, everything that normally happens in one week will all happen in one day. The HOH competition, they will nominate 2 people and then they will have the POV competition, the POV ceremony and then the votes to evict.

I guess we will see how it works in a few hours. I can't wait.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:14 PM   #612
Mad Swapper

Geesh! I would do it for $4000 a week!
Old 08-31-2006, 05:22 PM   #613
Stazon Splitcoast

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! BB is PRE-EMPTED!!!!! AGH!!!!! Thank goodness for being able to watch the episodes on CBS.com. But I don't know about where any of you are but here they are pre-empting BB for a football exhibition game.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:51 PM   #614
Babe-Alicious!!

Im in Kansas and Im missing it too!! SUCKS! It is on at 12:30am and I will be recording it. I hate football season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrown8301
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! BB is PRE-EMPTED!!!!! AGH!!!!! Thank goodness for being able to watch the episodes on CBS.com. But I don't know about where any of you are but here they are pre-empting BB for a football exhibition game.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:55 PM   #615
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrown8301
AAAACCCCCKKKKK!!!!!!! (Running to the living room to turn on the TV and make sure I'm taping BB)

WHEW!! BB is on here in Illinois...... where are you that BB got preempted for football, Texas??? (she said seriously)
Old 08-31-2006, 07:08 PM   #616
Gabfest Goddess

Chill Town is just cracking me up! They've got everyone believing they are in their alliance! The next couple of weeks is going to be very interesting!

<--Wishing I was cruising (Caribbean Princess, May 2010)
Old 08-31-2006, 07:34 PM   #617
Stazon Splitcoast

I had something to do tonight and didn't get it dvred/tivoed!! SHOCKING! YIKES!

What happened???

Was it pre-empted in Texas? I am in Texas??? Are we gonna see it later???

Need a play by play! ARGHHHH!

Anyone???

Pretty Please!
Old 08-31-2006, 07:42 PM   #618
Hardware Hotshot

School Open House on BB night, unbelievable! But I realized it was a good one to watch without commericals because I was seriously on the edge of my seat wanting to yell the tv! But I didn't because I know they cannot hear me because I've tried yelling at the Packers but that never works either All along I wanted to see someone else win the money since Will has already won a season, but I have got to admit he plays a good game!
Old 08-31-2006, 07:55 PM   #619
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by October Gal
School Open House on BB night, unbelievable! But I realized it was a good one to watch without commericals because I was seriously on the edge of my seat wanting to yell the tv! But I didn't because I know they cannot hear me because I've tried yelling at the Packers but that never works either All along I wanted to see someone else win the money since Will has already won a season, but I have got to admit he plays a good game!
So, did you or didn't you watch...and can you tell me anything...even if you PM mee so not to spoil..
Old 08-31-2006, 08:10 PM   #620
Hardware Hotshot

Sorry, I posted before I saw your message! I will try to PM you. Never did that before on SCS but I think I can figure it out! I don't want to spoil it for all who were pre-empted!
Old 08-31-2006, 08:16 PM   #621
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by e waterous
AAAACCCCCKKKKK!!!!!!! (Running to the living room to turn on the TV and make sure I'm taping BB)

WHEW!! BB is on here in Illinois...... where are you that BB got preempted for football, Texas??? (she said seriously)
I'm in Kansas. They did an exhibition game for the Kansas City Cheifs. My VCR isn't working right so I can't record it when it comes on at 12:30a.m. but I guess maybe I will just watch it on cbs.com when it's avaliable. I kid you not, if they pre-empt one more time for something silly I'm gonna scream!
Old 09-01-2006, 05:09 AM   #622
Stazon Splitcoast

I saw it.

"Consider how hard it is to change yourself; and you will understand what little chance you have trying to change others."

Old 09-01-2006, 06:04 AM   #623
Mad Swapper

Hey now! Football is not silly! Silly would be pre empting BB for something like Bush's speeches.

I saw it last night. Can we discuss now or do we still have to wait for those who taped it to watch it?

I will say I was screaming when the person who got the veto got the veto because I was hoping the person who got the veto didn't get the veto so that said person could go home! hehe
Old 09-01-2006, 06:20 AM   #624
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smay819
I will say I was screaming when the person who got the veto got the veto because I was hoping the person who got the veto didn't get the veto so that said person could go home! hehe
OMG! That's funny! I was hoping that person was eliminated too but also didn't want to see a floater get to the final 4. I was so excited when the person won HOH
Old 09-01-2006, 07:00 AM   #625
Rubber Obsessor

Will someone please spill the beans! I had class last night and I couldn't tape it! I want to know!!!!

Becki
Old 09-01-2006, 07:37 AM   #626
down and digi

The only one left that I have any respect for the one who won the veto. I doubt she'll win, but I don't like the others. I have a feeling I won't bother watching anymore. I'm not sour, just not interested.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:58 AM   #627
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becki2
Will someone please spill the beans! I had class last night and I couldn't tape it! I want to know!!!!

Becki
Okay, don't read this if you haven't watched yet...

It was a double elimination night. Almost right away, they had the first elimination. Dani & CG were on the block. Will, Boogie & Janelle were the only ones to vote. They all voted to eliminate Dani. She was actually very positive & gracious when leaving as opposed to her actions this week when she thought she was going to be nominated.
Then Julie (she is so annoying!!) said it was a week's work of BB in one live show. They went out right away for the HOH. Erika couldn't participate. Janelle won! They had a few minutes then it was the nomination ceremony. Janelle nominated Erika (had said she would be safe) & CG. Then it was the POV competition. It was really close between Erika & Will. Erika won. Of course she took herself off the block at the POV ceremony. There was only Will & Boogie left so Janelle nominated Boogie. Then it was the live vote again. Only Erika & Will could vote. CG was eliminated.

Sunday there will be an HOH competition & nomination ceremony.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:50 AM   #628
Mad Swapper

Tuesday there will be another eviction. Woo hoo!

If you cheat and peek at www.mortystv.com (like me), you can see who's the next HOH.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:44 AM   #629
Rubber Obsessor

Thank you so much for the update! I knew that I could count on someone!!

Becki
Old 09-01-2006, 01:29 PM   #630
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelinYTH
Okay, don't read this if you haven't watched yet...

It was a double elimination night. Almost right away, they had the first elimination. Dani & CG were on the block. Will, Boogie & Janelle were the only ones to vote. They all voted to eliminate Dani. She was actually very positive & gracious when leaving as opposed to her actions this week when she thought she was going to be nominated.
Then Julie (she is so annoying!!) said it was a week's work of BB in one live show. They went out right away for the HOH. Erika couldn't participate. Janelle won! They had a few minutes then it was the nomination ceremony. Janelle nominated Erika (had said she would be safe) & CG. Then it was the POV competition. It was really close between Erika & Will. Erika won. Of course she took herself off the block at the POV ceremony. There was only Will & Boogie left so Janelle nominated Boogie. Then it was the live vote again. Only Erika & Will could vote. CG was eliminated.

Sunday there will be an HOH competition & nomination ceremony.
I am sad! I wanted CG to win.

So, I guess now it will be a love fest with Erica & Boogie, and Janelle & Will! EWWW! Don't know if I can stomach that! I think I might be done watching!
Old 09-01-2006, 03:01 PM   #631
~~Triple S Threat~~

I soooo wanted George to win HOH last night... so I am sorry to see him gone. I'm still rooting for Janie!

Old 09-02-2006, 04:50 PM   #632
Hardware Hotshot

Now, I am ready for Ericka to leave... and I will be happy to see her face when she realizes Mike is playing her.
I don't want Will to win just because he is already so so rich, Mike would be okay and Jani... But I don't like how she has been playing the game with Chill town, even though I like them...
Can't wait for Sunday.
Yes, I had to re-record BB7 in KS because of football. I don't mind if they do that, they need to let you know so you can plan for it.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:45 PM   #633
Die Cut Diva

I was just checking my listing and BB doesn't come on until 1:05 a.m. in the Cincinnati area because they are broadcasting the fireworks. I'm glad I checked so I could set the DVR. Make sure you check so you don't miss it!!

V
Old 09-03-2006, 07:00 PM   #634
~~Triple S Threat~~

I really wish both the girls would wise up and get rid of the guys...

Old 09-03-2006, 07:59 PM   #635
Hardware Hotshot

Showmance, Fauxmance, Flirtmance, Bromance, Homance..... seriously gag, wretch. As far as Erika goes, I don't even know where to begin....
Old 09-03-2006, 08:09 PM   #636
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by October Gal
Showmance, Fauxmance, Flirtmance, Bromance, Homance..... seriously gag, wretch. As far as Erika goes, I don't even know where to begin....
I totally agree! I thought tonights show, really showed how stupid she is. Actually I feel bad for her. One for the fact that Boogie is playing her, and 2nd because she will see how STUPID she looked. But then there is the other side of the coin... she even says stuff about liking "bad" boys. So she should realize if her relationships aren't working out it's because of her choice in guys.
Dina
Old 09-03-2006, 08:12 PM   #637
Hardware Hotshot

Yep! She keeps referencing herself getting played as a joking possibility, so it is in the back of her mind somewhere.....
Old 09-04-2006, 06:34 AM   #638
Die Cut Diva

Eryka sure gave Boogie a dirty look when she was put up. I hope Jenelle wins POV and Eryka goes. She drives me crazy. All that kissing was making me gag!

V
Old 09-04-2006, 10:23 AM   #639
Gabfest Goddess

The whole baby talk thing made me want to gag. Seriously, Erika - get a grip - she's gonna implode after the show!

At this point, I'm rooting for Will. I know he's already won, and he's just as bad a Boogie, but I'd rather see him get the $ instead of Mike. Think the girls are gonna be out (unless Janelle can pull out another veto!)

<--Wishing I was cruising (Caribbean Princess, May 2010)
Old 09-04-2006, 01:48 PM   #640
Stampin' Fool

I keep thinking they will bring someone back in the house. I wanted to see that because it always messes with the dynamics.

I never did give anybody hell. I just told the truth and they thought it was hell.

Harry S. Truman