Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 05-09-2006, 08:12 PM   #41
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahm_i_am
go vote for chris - he is in last and predicted to be voted off according to www.dialidol.com and they have been right.
GO VOTE! Katharine shouldn't win!!!!
I voted for Katharine! Is that what you meant? LOL I will be bummed whoever goes home. I love all the people left, but Katharine is my favorite. I'll admit tonight wasn't her best night though. I have a niece who looks and acts just like her, so I can't help but be partial.

Belinda
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Unread 05-09-2006, 08:19 PM   #42
Crimping Master

I think Katherine is going home tomorrow night - let's face it - she admited she missed the words to the song! I thought both songs she did were horrible - granted not the songs but her performancesof them! I so dislike Elliott but he did well this week. I so wanted the final 2 to be Chris and Katherine - of course Chris winning but I really think she was bad this week - Elliot - I don't see him as Idol material - I really like Taylor but to me he is way older than 29 - and it is not the gray hair!! He just looks older to me!! I think he will have a good career ahead of him but not as the AI! So that leaves Chris- but we have been diappointed in the past wimners and last year was a Female so it needs to be male this time by and we need a rocker - we have had pop, country etc........ But you have to remember that we never see the actual numbers when the votes come in - for all we know the winner can be the one with the least total votes of the whole season!! How many weeks should Pickler have been gone but nope we had to suffer with her for weeks on end! LOL (shows that playing the dumb blonde gets you through even though you can't sing!) This is TV and they need to keep the rating up to stay on - so they are going to keep the ones that are keeping the ratings whether they are good or not - I don't think that the votes have anything to do with who stays and who goes - to me it is all a ratings game for the network and producers!
Unread 05-09-2006, 08:20 PM   #43
Mad Swapper

Oh Chris can't go home - he is too HOT! Katharine has had alot of "OFF" nights and should go home.

VOTE FOR CHRIS!!!!

Oh, I'm gonna cry if he goes home.

Wendi, SCS Member # 799
www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/sahm_i_am
www.wendibrant.stampinup.net
Unread 05-09-2006, 08:37 PM   #44
Polyshrink Goddess

Interesting site! Thanks! I went and looked at all the weeks, and starting from the week with the final 12, Taylor is number one EVERY SINGLE WEEK! Does anyone think this could be a sign of who will win?? I'm more a Chris fan than a Taylor fan, but hey, every single week? Maybe he will win!
Unread 05-09-2006, 08:44 PM   #45
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via AIM to msamethyst1 Send a message via Yahoo to msamethyst1

Taylor -
Jailhouse Rock. Very fun song and perfect for him.
In The Ghetto. Very restrained performance and very nice job.

Chris -
Suspicious Minds. Seemed to lack a little energy but sounded nice.
A Little Less Conversation. HOT, HOT, HOT! Loved the tight white shirt and loved the performance.

Elliott -
If I Can Dream. One of his better performances.
Trouble. Adequate. What did the judges see that I didn't?

Katharine -
Hound Dog/All Shook Up. Started strong but lost the lyrics for All Shook Up.
Can't Help Falling in Love. Song was too big for her.

Think this as Katharine's swan song. Predict she will be bye, bye, bye tomorrow night.
Fran #1698
Matt Kenseth- GO #17

Unread 05-09-2006, 08:48 PM   #46
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotRFan
Nobody could possibly know this until tomorrow...unless of course the people behind the scenes!
Well one can hope...lol. I saw a thread the other day where some people were talking about 7th heaven, and someone said they already knew what happend because it already aired there. It didn't occur to methat idol depends on voting, so that wouldn't be possible...lol.
Unread 05-09-2006, 09:22 PM   #47
Crimping Master

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by greetingsbydebra
OMG! Chris' second song was so sexy HOT I would throw my underwear on stage if I didn't fear it would tent the stage. Man, oh man, oh man! Is it hot in here??????

OMG You made me laugh ONLY because I was ready to make wild monkey love to him after his second song....
LOVE LOVE LOVE HIM, Like Paula would say..
I will be in line waiting for his album..
Elliott was BORING AND Kat screwed up her words. Come on now it is way to late in the competition to be doing that..
She may be gone tomorrow night..
WE shall see we might be really surprised, BUT I agree I love them all..
I like Taylor but like others I just can't get into him very much..
I don't know what it is, probably because I can ONLY Love one!!
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Dream on, Like my Hubby says "is he coming over later?"..
If so, I will take Pictures to ruin him..
Tooo Funny!!
Unread 05-09-2006, 09:27 PM   #48
Crimping Master

Quote:
Oh Chris can't go home - he is too HOT! Katharine has had alot of "OFF" nights and should go home.

VOTE FOR CHRIS!!!!

Oh, I'm gonna cry if he goes home.

AMEN SISTERS!!
Even though I really like her and My DH is secretly in LOVE with her..
Big joke at our house..
She screws up all the time..
Not in this stage of the competition..
She is soo gone..
I tried calling for Chris but not avail..
I hope that is good and the judges love him INCLUCING SIMON so that is saying ALOT since he is Running the Show so to say and Yes I agree the producers are ALL ABOUT RATINGS..
If they cut Chris, I will stop watching..
I am on pins and needles already.
I have knots in my stomach..
Until tomorrow..
Sue
Unread 05-09-2006, 09:37 PM   #49
Crimping Master

Location: Trying to Stamp~But heading off to Sports, School & whatever else can fit into a day!!

Chris is "HOT"!! I am sad that Katharine did not do good tonight. Remember when Pickler screwed her song up--she stayed for a while longer. I don't know who will go home. I was thinking Elliot or Taylor but...
Unread 05-09-2006, 10:08 PM   #50
down and digi

I have to agree that Chris is the best singer, but if he wins, his album will be a `Metallica' type album.

After all the hype of AI is over, would you buy a `Metallica' type album? I wouldn't. He's not singing the types of songs right now that he will record later on.

Do I think he should win? I don't know. I think he's the best, but I would buy Katherine's album before I would buy Chris' album - if he does what I think he will.
Unread 05-10-2006, 04:42 AM   #51
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2stampers
I have to agree that Chris is the best singer, but if he wins, his album will be a `Metallica' type album.

After all the hype of AI is over, would you buy a `Metallica' type album? I wouldn't. He's not singing the types of songs right now that he will record later on.

Do I think he should win? I don't know. I think he's the best, but I would buy Katherine's album before I would buy Chris' album - if he does what I think he will.
My sentiments exactly.
Unread 05-10-2006, 05:34 AM   #52
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2stampers

It all comes down to personal preference. I would never ever under any circumstances buy Elliott's album. I wouldn't buy Katharine's either. BUT I would likely buy Chris' and Taylor's. I'm a rock fan, be it hard rock or blues rock. So there's something out there for everyone!!
Unread 05-10-2006, 06:28 AM   #53
Mad Swapper

Go to Chris' band website: www.absentelement.com and you can view the lyrics to his songs and even listen to some tracks. It is not "Metallica" at all! The lyrics are good and down to earth, nothing negative. Actually very uplifting - something I would let my kids listen to if they wanted to listen to alternative rock. I would (and will) buy his bands' album.

Chris' wife was on our local radio station this morning and she is soooo sweet! I really hope he isn't pushed out tonight by Katharine of all people! Ugh! SHE FORGOT THE LYRICS TO HER SONG!

Wendi, SCS Member # 799
Unread 05-10-2006, 06:40 AM   #54
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Is it TIME yet????
Unread 05-10-2006, 06:45 AM   #55
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Hawkins
Is it TIME yet????

ROFLOL..........NO GRANNY - - - 11.5 hours for me! I can't stand the wait.
Unread 05-10-2006, 07:27 AM   #56
Sawyer lovin' LOSTie

Quote:
Go to Chris' band website: www.absentelement.com and you can view the lyrics to his songs and even listen to some tracks. It is not "Metallica" at all! The lyrics are good and down to earth, nothing negative. Actually very uplifting - something I would let my kids listen to if they wanted to listen to alternative rock. I would (and will) buy his bands' album.
I have Chris's Absent Element cd, and since I've never listened to Metallica I can't really compare, but I probably like only 2 full song's on Chris's cd and I like bits and pieces of others. It's just not my thing when he "screeches"...I like when he just sings and doesn't go all hard metal. He's got a beautiful voice. Most of his songs on this cd start out so beautiful, but then he has to go into the hard rocker, screamy part, if he'd leave those out, it would be an awesome cd!

I think whoever he gets signed with (RCA) will make sure he doesn't do that so much. It is AI after all. We'll just have to wait and see.
Unread 05-10-2006, 08:10 AM   #57
Gabfest Goddess

Send a message via Yahoo to laurakj

If AI really has anything to do with the results (ie.. Fudging them) Then Kat will stay at least one more week. If she goes, then they just lost about 50% of their viewership. Fox won't let that happen. If there are no more boobies on AI then the men won't want to watch anymore. It's pretty simple.

I think she'll be in the bottom 2,but I hoping that Elliot will get the boot tonight! He just plain sucks! I would NEVER even consider buying one of his albums!
Unread 05-10-2006, 08:12 AM   #58
Hot Mess

I would buy Chris' album if it's rock! I would LOVE it if it was heavy rock like Metallica or even like 3 Doors Down or Nickleback. The only Idol winner album I have bought is Kelly Clarkson and it was her 2nd album not her first. I also own Bo's album and it's too light rock in my opinion. I wish it was harder rock music!! I have listened to Carrie Underwood's album and while I love her voice, most of the songs on there make me want to gag! If I have to hear Jesus Take The Wheel on the radio one more time, I will rip the wheel off of my car!
Unread 05-10-2006, 08:21 AM   #59
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurakj
If AI really has anything to do with the results (ie.. Fudging them) Then Kat will stay at least one more week. If she goes, then they just lost about 50% of their viewership. Fox won't let that happen. If there are no more boobies on AI then the men won't want to watch anymore. It's pretty simple.
That's funny! I was talking about AI with DH before we watched it last night. We're both rooting for Katharine. He admitted that he would like to see her win, in part, because he wants to see the pics of her in her CD cover. Oh brother! I know that DH will not watch intently anymore if Katharine goes home tonight, 'cause Paula does nothing for him. Boys are silly.

My personal favorite last night was Taylor and I would not be surprised if he won the whole thing. I kind of doubt I'd buy any of their albums in the end though...except Katharine's so DH can see those pics.
Unread 05-10-2006, 09:47 AM   #60
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via MSN to AllisonL Send a message via Yahoo to AllisonL

Quote:
Originally Posted by propecia
I would buy Chris' album if it's rock! I would LOVE it if it was heavy rock like Metallica or even like 3 Doors Down or Nickleback. The only Idol winner album I have bought is Kelly Clarkson and it was her 2nd album not her first. I also own Bo's album and it's too light rock in my opinion. I wish it was harder rock music!! I have listened to Carrie Underwood's album and while I love her voice, most of the songs on there make me want to gag! If I have to hear Jesus Take The Wheel on the radio one more time, I will rip the wheel off of my car!

LOL! That is too funny! I don't think Chris will do a Metallica album. I think it will be something more like Shinedown or Nickelback or something of the like. Do you think they will let him record it with his band though? Or just studio musicians? I also agree about Bo's album. It is super light, and all of the songs sound the same to me.

My family Blog
Fantasy Stamps - My stamping blog
Unread 05-10-2006, 09:54 AM   #61
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksmom917
Bo hands down. Love Bo. I just get tired of the same old same old. Fantasia, Carrie Underwood, now Katharine. They're just boring to me. Nothing new that stands out about them. I'd like something more edgy this time. Like Chris!

I agree 100% with this statement..
I too am tired of the same style, same sound, and female..
I would LOVE To see a Rocker and I love Rock to begin with..
Go Chris, and BYE BYE Kat.. Even though I love her..
Unread 05-10-2006, 10:03 AM   #62
Crimping Master

Quote:

Chris' wife was on our local radio station this morning and she is soooo sweet! I really hope he isn't pushed out tonight by Katharine of all people! Ugh! SHE FORGOT THE LYRICS TO HER SONG!

Even though I LOVE Metallica and would buy in a second!!
It is good to know this info.
I like how he is a devoted Loving Family Man who totally respects his Wife..
I applaud him for his values and I can't wait to listen to his band's Music..
He will make an album despite IDOL..
So GO CHRIS!!!
Sue
Unread 05-10-2006, 10:21 AM   #63
Mad Swapper

I missed the show last night. Waaahhhh!!! I was having a SU! class. (Which is good but NOT AI!)

Dial Idol has Chris with the least number of votes. Say it isn't so!

I don't want Kat to go either but I heard she didn't do so well so if that's the case perhaps it is time for her to go.

Is there some place to go to listen to the performances from last night?
Unread 05-10-2006, 10:31 AM   #64
Hot Mess

I won't watch AI again if Chris doesn't win. I still don't buy it that Rueben won the year he won! If Chris doesn't win, it's FIXED!

Edited cause I am a stupid head and put the wrong name!!

Last edited by propecia; 05-10-2006 at 11:58 AM..
Unread 05-10-2006, 12:16 PM   #65
Sawyer lovin' LOSTie

I'm with Propecia on both counts, if Chris is out tonight, I'm done! I saw it's between Chris and Katharine in the bottom votes, I really think TPTB (the powers that be) will keep Chris, and Katharine will be going home tonight.
Unread 05-10-2006, 12:41 PM   #66
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampwithsue2
Even though I LOVE Metallica and would buy in a second!!
It is good to know this info.
I like how he is a devoted Loving Family Man who totally respects his Wife..
I applaud him for his values and I can't wait to listen to his band's Music..
He will make an album despite IDOL..
So GO CHRIS!!!
Sue
I'm kinda thinkin' all of the top four might end up makin' albums - they are all so different from one another.

Well...only 5 hours and 20 minutes left (EST) until AI starts, then I can start analyzing Survivor for tomorrow night. I either need a life or more cable channels.
Unread 05-10-2006, 01:33 PM   #67
Hot Mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotRFan
I'm with Propecia on both counts, if Chris is out tonight, I'm done! I saw it's between Chris and Katharine in the bottom votes, I really think TPTB (the powers that be) will keep Chris, and Katharine will be going home tonight.
And by not watching it again, I mean I won't EVER watch it again!!
Unread 05-10-2006, 03:06 PM   #68
Hardware Hotshot

I think I have to agree - - -that if Chris leaves tonight I doubt I'll ever watch again.

FOUR MORE HOURS !!!!!!!
Unread 05-10-2006, 03:10 PM   #69
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
I won't watch AI again if Chris doesn't win. I still don't buy it that Rueben won the year he won! If Chris doesn't win, it's FIXED!

Edited cause I am a stupid head and put the wrong name!!
Although I 150% still believe that CLAY was the winner back then, and how frustrated I was for weeks on end - - -it's the best thing that happened to Clay coming in second. He's gone farther on his own and coming in second than he ever would being the winner!! I think the same of Bo - - he's CD is selling like hotcakes and his videos are all over MTV/VH-1 - - -where's Miss
Carrie Underwood??

So, CHRIS-AHOLICS - - don't fret if he comes in second and Taylor wins - - Chris will SOAR - - I just know it !!
Unread 05-10-2006, 03:44 PM   #70
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via Yahoo to shellca Send a message via Skype™ to shellca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smay819
Is there some place to go to listen to the performances from last night?
go to www.Rickey.org

Click on "read the rest of this entry..." for each person and there is a video of each person's performances.
Unread 05-10-2006, 04:19 PM   #71
Hot Mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharingmyartwork49
Although I 150% still believe that CLAY was the winner back then, and how frustrated I was for weeks on end - - -it's the best thing that happened to Clay coming in second. He's gone farther on his own and coming in second than he ever would being the winner!! I think the same of Bo - - he's CD is selling like hotcakes and his videos are all over MTV/VH-1 - - -where's Miss
Carrie Underwood??

So, CHRIS-AHOLICS - - don't fret if he comes in second and Taylor wins - - Chris will SOAR - - I just know it !!
Carrie Underwood has been very successful. I believe her album has gone platinum and she's won a couple CMA awards with it.
Unread 05-10-2006, 05:06 PM   #72
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Carrie Underwood has been very successful. I believe her album has gone platinum and she's won a couple CMA awards with it.
And didn't she just graduate?

Wendi, SCS Member # 799
Unread 05-10-2006, 05:27 PM   #73
Pearl-ExPert

I have Carrie's CD. Its pretty good if you like country music. Some of the songs sound the same, but the girl can sing!!
Unread 05-10-2006, 06:04 PM   #74
Hot Mess

Quote:
And didn't she just graduate?
yup
Unread 05-10-2006, 06:07 PM   #75
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Giraffes & Laughs
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Send a message via Yahoo to StampingQueenJAR

KAt is looking nervous.....................
Unread 05-10-2006, 06:07 PM   #76
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Giraffes & Laughs

Here we go ---- who's it gonna be????????????????
Unread 05-10-2006, 06:08 PM   #77
Hot Mess

I am soooo nervous!!
Unread 05-10-2006, 06:14 PM   #78
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Giraffes & Laughs

Why didn't Chris sing Love Me Tender last night?????????
Unread 05-10-2006, 06:15 PM   #79
Hot Mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampingQueenJAR
Why didn't Chris sing Love Me Tender last night?????????
cause they are singing it now!
Unread 05-10-2006, 06:16 PM   #80
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Giraffes & Laughs

I know! LOL! But he sounded so good on it!