Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-30-2009, 01:18 PM   #81
Stampin' Fool

I think the not hiring a cab part was specifically mentioned in the clue. There was another team (Victor & Tammy I think) that had one member suggest following the cab and the other said no it says we can't. They ended up just getting directions from their cab driver and then having him meet them at the drop off point.

I was a little surprised at the penalty for hiding the pumps. It did create an unfair advantage though b/c everyone else ended up pulling their rikshaws with flat tires.

My teeny, tiny, someday it might be a GALLERY
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-30-2009, 02:56 PM   #82
Chat Box Chicks Good Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2stampers View Post
I think the difference was this was on a challenge and not just part of the race. I talked to DH about the fact that people have often hired a cab to drive in front of them when they drive behind. But, that hasn't been on challenges. Both things that they did were on challenges. I don't know if that's the difference, but it's all I can think of.

I could not get over how rude the girls were to the shop owner! Wow! Of course, we have seen that side of them before, but not to this degree.

I want it to be Margie/Luke, Tammy/Victor and the girl team that is not the read heads.

I didn't think there were any other girl teams left?
Old 03-30-2009, 02:56 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamijo View Post

I didn't think there were any other girl teams left?
never mind- the sisters- I remember now!
Old 03-30-2009, 04:17 PM   #84
Crimping Master

anybody hear how margie is?
Old 03-30-2009, 04:21 PM   #85
Crimping Master

and if they give her a mandatory health 24-hour rest kind of thing, will everybody get a 24 hour rest? surely they won't penalize margie and luke since she made it to the mat?
Old 04-12-2009, 02:39 PM   #86

just a bump for tonight!
Old 04-12-2009, 03:21 PM   #87
Die Cut Diva

The Masters is still going on, they are in a playoff. AR might start late tonight. Adjust your TIVO as needed.
Old 04-12-2009, 05:46 PM   #88
Watercolor Wizard

We were at a friends and got home at 8:41 - thought I missed the show -turned on tv and yeah! It was just starting! I love this show!
Old 04-12-2009, 06:14 PM   #89
Crimping Master

The brothers. I just don't know what to think of them. Did they not get the list of rules at the beginning, or just don't think the rules apply to them, or just don't understand the rules or what? They are lucky they are still in the game. That was the fastest hour I have ever seen.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:34 PM   #90
Polyshrink Goddess

Crazy, crazy episode. So many mistakes in such a short time. I couldn't believe it was a non-eliminatin round. We must be getting close to the end now.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:35 PM   #91
down and digi

The thing I do not understand is that the show allows begging and free-loading in poverty stricken countries, but not bartering where the taxi driver is happy with the outcome? The first taxi driver did not know ahead of time that they did not have money, and that was morally wrong.

But, the guys told the 2nd taxi driver up front that they had $200 (or whatever the currency is) and they would have to pay the remainder with things. He was ok with that.

The girls told their driver they had nothing and he drove them for free.

The guys' driver got something from the guys and the girls freeloaded and yet the guys were penalized????

I guess it's like that in the rules, but I can understand where the guys were coming from when they said at the very end they were not ok with that.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:03 AM   #92
Glitter Guru

Yeah, I noticed the departure time thing. Weird. I don't know what to think of the brothers either. They really didn't have a choice. The only difference between them & the sisters was that the sisters were honest about not having money. I think they've stopped the begging for money thing and replaced it with the speed bump. It was just too disturbing.

Anyway, I thought it was a good episode. I'm getting really tired of Jaime or Kara - whichever one has lost control of her mouth. Realistically though, I think it'll be them, Tammy and Victor and Margie & Luke in the final.
"Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Mt. 6:21

Old 04-13-2009, 05:34 AM   #93
down and digi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Loiselle View Post
Yeah, I noticed the departure time thing. Weird. I don't know what to think of the brothers either. They really didn't have a choice. The only difference between them & the sisters was that the sisters were honest about not having money. I think they've stopped the begging for money thing and replaced it with the speed bump. It was just too disturbing.

Anyway, I thought it was a good episode. I'm getting really tired of Jaime or Kara - whichever one has lost control of her mouth. Realistically though, I think it'll be them, Tammy and Victor and Margie & Luke in the final.

The guys were upfront too (at least with the 2nd, but they were in the 1st a long time and may not have realized how bad off they were). 2 hour penalty?? Also, they could have given all their money to the 1st cabbie, but I think they saved some to be fairer to the 2nd. So, they got 4 hours?? DH made a comment that it looks like Phil doesn't like them. I doubt he has that power, but it does look like someone doesn't like them. Besides, I remember someone trading their jackets in Russia when they didn't have enough for cab fare??? Maybe that was last season and they chnaged the rules???

I have noticed there isn't any more begging, but hadn't thought about the reason. If that's why they added the speed bump, then I am glad. I didn't mind the begging in the developed world, but to beg from those are impoverished to start with, and for the benefit of winning $1 million? I thought it was deplorable.

I am also sick of Jaime and Kara - how much ruder can they be???

I also thought about Marge and Luke as not being able to take what they dish out.

I had not noticed the departure times, other than to think that I didn't think Victor and Tammy were that far ahead. If I remember correctly now, they came in with only a few minutes left on the penalty of the guys'.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:39 AM   #94
Die Cut Diva

I just couldn't believe anyone would leave their stuff on the dock or with cab drivers. It's a foreign country. How could you trust someone like that? I would always take my stuff with me no matter what. The sisters were stupid for not having their passports with them. Just not smart. I think they thought they would come back in the boat like it has been done in past episodes. I hope they gave a list of rules to the brothers after that last leg. 4 hours is a lot of time.

V
Old 04-13-2009, 10:41 AM   #95
Die Cut Diva

Eeeeew!!!!! and how gross was the teeth challenge.

V
Old 04-13-2009, 11:25 AM   #96
Die Cut Diva

I don't understand why the 2 teams that left their bags at the docks did not notice that the cheerleader team had come back for their bags. I agree with others, I would not be leaving my bags and hope that they will be there when I came back. I would not do that in the US or any country. I certainly would not be going barefoot in those streets. The water there was nasty.
I also wonder if the brothers read the rules. I can see how AR does not want teams begging or bartering. I think part of it is just bad PR for the show and Americans in general. I'm sure they don't want to deal with taxi drivers causing a scene because they feel like they got cheated. Or "wealthy" Americans begging in the streets of some of these really poor countries. I am guessing that the brothers won't make it through next week. They just seem to make blunder after blunder.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:27 PM   #97
Crimping Master

Default Oh my gosh, I had forgotten about the teeth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampingV View Post
Eeeeew!!!!! and how gross was the teeth challenge.

V
That was positively gross. I would have been heaving all over the place.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:38 PM   #98
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyNurse View Post
That was positively gross. I would have been heaving all over the place.
I would of walked away and do the other task - no way would I be putting my hand in those bowls!
Old 04-13-2009, 10:34 PM   #99
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWDStamp View Post
I don't understand why the 2 teams that left their bags at the docks did not notice that the cheerleader team had come back for their bags.
I was wondering the same thing!
Old 04-14-2009, 12:24 PM   #100
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Passports

Quote:
I just couldn't believe anyone would leave their stuff on the dock or with cab drivers. It's a foreign country. How could you trust someone like that? I would always take my stuff with me no matter what. The sisters were stupid for not having their passports with them. Just not smart. I think they thought they would come back in the boat like it has been done in past episodes. I hope they gave a list of rules to the brothers after that last leg. 4 hours is a lot of time.

V
If there hadn't been a camera man standing on the dock with their stuff, I can pretty much guarantee that the bag WOULD NOT have still been there when they got back. Really foolish move-- do they not remember what happened to the mother/son team on the previous season. The son couldn't leave the country until his travel documents were replaced.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:48 PM   #101
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2stampers View Post
The guys were upfront too (at least with the 2nd, but they were in the 1st a long time and may not have realized how bad off they were). 2 hour penalty?? Also, they could have given all their money to the 1st cabbie, but I think they saved some to be fairer to the 2nd. So, they got 4 hours?? DH made a comment that it looks like Phil doesn't like them. I doubt he has that power, but it does look like someone doesn't like them. Besides, I remember someone trading their jackets in Russia when they didn't have enough for cab fare??? Maybe that was last season and they chnaged the rules???

I have noticed there isn't any more begging, but hadn't thought about the reason. If that's why they added the speed bump, then I am glad. I didn't mind the begging in the developed world, but to beg from those are impoverished to start with, and for the benefit of winning $1 million? I thought it was deplorable.

I am also sick of Jaime and Kara - how much ruder can they be???

I also thought about Marge and Luke as not being able to take what they dish out.

I had not noticed the departure times, other than to think that I didn't think Victor and Tammy were that far ahead. If I remember correctly now, they came in with only a few minutes left on the penalty of the guys'.

I thought the same thing- someone doesn't like those guys. But they don't seem to do anything really nasty, just misguided but that Redhead is HORRID! If it's truly that someone behind the scenes doesn't like someone, and sets things up to thwart them, why not her instead?? Please?

And i think the show changed the begging thing specifically because it wasn't received well. If you remember, they used to take all the possesions from the "non-elimination" teams and they would have to beg. They don't do that anymore.

I wonder if they have a person on the back end of the racers smoothing over the wretched things that happen on the race. If not, that would be a good idea.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:17 PM   #102

bump for tonight!
Old 04-19-2009, 12:18 PM   #103

should have added- "let's get ready to rumble"
Old 04-19-2009, 04:14 PM   #104

hmmm.... I'm thinking that it's not quite fair to be in a place where they speak the language I'm not sure if that's ever happened before?
Old 04-19-2009, 04:19 PM   #105
Glitter Guru

I think one of the hippies spoke the language of a country he'd lived in before. They were my fave team ever!

Old 04-19-2009, 04:22 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Loiselle View Post
I think one of the hippies spoke the language of a country he'd lived in before. They were my fave team ever!
oh, I don't think i saw that.

I also don't think she (when/if you see it you'll know what I mean) has any reason to complain when he was there first (at the first box). Whatever, I don't care for that team so much anyway.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:59 PM   #107
Glitter Guru

I hate to see them go. What great attitudes they had!

Old 04-19-2009, 06:17 PM   #108
Die Cut Diva

I think Luke was there first, certainly seemed that way when they showed it again. Those girls need to be slapped. I am not buying the "I smile and laugh when I'm nervous" excuse. I think Marge was really trying to tone it all down and calm Luke down, but the sisters just kept egging him on. I don't blame him for being mad. Well, I guess I now have a team to dislike.
Sorry to see the brothers go, but they kind of shot themselves in the foot one too many times.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:52 PM   #109
Insane Embellisher

I got the sense that both teams kinda let things blow up out of proportion to what really happened at the boxes.

I do think that Kisha or Jen (not sure which) was laughing at Luke which was uncalled for.
I just felt bad for Tammy Victor being stuck standing there between to teams that are fighting like that when Tammy & Victor had nothing to do with any of it. They looked so uncomfortable.

"I wish I was a glow worm, a glow worm's never glum.
How can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?"
Old 04-20-2009, 03:46 AM   #110
Glitter Guru

IMO Luke should have risen to the occasion and let her get the clue first. Considering his age and the fact that manners don't seem to matter in our society any more, his actions don't surprise me. He's just a kid, one who's lived with a disability his whole life. With the stress of the race and it coming to an end, the whole scenario was par for the course. Hopefully they worked things out at the pit stop. Does anyone think Kisha & Jen will actually drop out? There seems to be one of those water or height scares every season. I think she'll get past it.

Old 04-20-2009, 03:47 AM   #111
Rubber Obsessor

I was wondering if at the first box it was worse on Luke because he could not hear how close the sister was to him. He could have been concentrating on getting to the box so he was surprised when she got there and touched him. His natural reaction could have been to raise his elbow. We probably can't understand what the silence is like for him so it could sound like anyone trying to defend him is just making excuses. Sorry for sounding biased but after seeing the sisters' smiling and laughing at the pit stop last night, I'm not their fan anymore.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:17 AM   #112
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KearaS View Post
I got the sense that both teams kinda let things blow up out of proportion to what really happened at the boxes.

I do think that Kisha or Jen (not sure which) was laughing at Luke which was uncalled for.
I just felt bad for Tammy Victor being stuck standing there between to teams that are fighting like that when Tammy & Victor had nothing to do with any of it. They looked so uncomfortable.

I think Tammy and Victor are smart enough to realize that when 2 teams have that kind of animosity going between them, it distracts them from the race/task being done. A definite advantage to the other teams just concentrating on the race/task.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:22 AM   #113
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyJo10 View Post
I was wondering if at the first box it was worse on Luke because he could not hear how close the sister was to him. He could have been concentrating on getting to the box so he was surprised when she got there and touched him. His natural reaction could have been to raise his elbow.
I think that is a good point. He can't hear as another person is running up right after him and it may have startled him to suddenly have someone there right on top of him. I think a deaf person might be quicker to react to something like that than a hearing person who will hear the person approach. I am hoping that both teams drop it, but I don't see the sisters being able to do that.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:05 AM   #114

The first box I believe Luke was there first and I think the surprise of her being right there definitely figured in. On the second box she was there first- whether he meant to run into her or not is only really known to him but remember momentum- when you are running at full speed can cause you to go further and trip up a little knocking into people. I see it all the time with my first graders at recess when I call them to line up.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:07 AM   #115

oh, and don't they usually eat and such as a group at the pit stops (I seem to remember seeing that one year). They could sit down and work it all out at that time.

Speaking of food- there's not been a horrific food challenge this year to eat something traditional to a culture.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:16 AM   #116
Die Cut Diva

I think both teams were acting rude. It did seem the mom wanted Luke to get over it. Who knows what all was edited out too. I liked the bird challenge. That was fun to watch. The dancing was hilarious too. Especially the brothers. I can't believe this season is almost over.

V
Old 04-20-2009, 09:28 AM   #117
Glitter Guru

Quote:
I think both teams were acting rude. It did seem the mom wanted Luke to get over it. Who knows what all was edited out too. I liked the bird challenge. That was fun to watch. The dancing was hilarious too. Especially the brothers. I can't believe this season is almost over.

V
Definitely my favorite part of last night's episode. Their facial expressions were hysterical!

Old 04-20-2009, 11:45 AM   #118
Polyshrink Goddess

Can someone tell me who got the boot last night? I missed the whole show! Thanks!
Old 04-20-2009, 12:16 PM   #119
down and digi

I also thought both teams ramped it up, but I also think that Marge was generating it too and not trying to tone it down at all.

Yes, both raced to the first clue box, but I think her momentum carried her into him. He wouldn't have heard her coming (but he may have felt the vibration), and lifting his elbow would have been a reaction. Her reaction from getting elbowed was also natural. I think in normal life they would have been able to sort it out right there, but since it's a race and they went their own ways with adrenaline rushing, it escalated. The 2nd clue box was an equal fault to both, and both allowed it to get ugly. I am like the girls, that I smile or laugh when I am under stress. I think it's a reasonable, but uncomfortable situation to be in. I also feel for Victor and Tammy. I would not have wanted to be there.

I think part of the reason it escalated is because Marge and Luke are sensitive about the deaf issue. To have her point out to the girls that they should understand since they are black was inappropriate.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:16 PM   #120
down and digi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthansMom View Post
Can someone tell me who got the boot last night? I missed the whole show! Thanks!
I wrote it in white in case someone doesn't want to see it.

The stuntmen