Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-28-2013, 09:57 AM   #81  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are so very welcome!! =)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2013, 11:48 AM   #82  
Glitter Guru

Yes..yes, THANK YOU TIFFANY!!!

Here is my Lacy Circles to share....done correctly lol

Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: docx Lacey Circles Measured Size - Copy.docx (297.8 KB, 20 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #83  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,912 Likes on 2,181 Posts

I scanned one set of Petite Ovals Small. While I think it is wonderful, it's too much work to do all my sets!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #84  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
I scanned one set of Petite Ovals Small. While I think it is wonderful, it's too much work to do all my sets!
Yeppers it is. So just do as needed. Just place the scanned die pic into a Master Sheet (.doc), Save it, and add to as you do them for your projects; that way you won't be overwhelmed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2013, 08:10 PM   #85  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by SayStampsPleaseView Post
Yes..yes, THANK YOU TIFFANY!!!

Here is my Lacy Circles to share....done correctly lol

Enjoy!
Where did you get your measurements? Or are you using the inside measurements? On the Spellbinders website, the Lacey Circles (which look suspiciously more like ovals...ahem) are:

Approximate Die Template Sizes:

1: 1⅝″

2: 1⅞″

3: 2⅝″

4: 3⅜″

5: 4�″

and the Lacey Ovals (which look suspiciously more like circles...ahem) are:

1: ⅞ x 1″

2: 1� x 1⅝″

3: 1⅞ x 2⅜″

4: 2� x 3�″

5: 3� x 4�″

Why would a circle shape need 2 measurements? And if you squish (that's the technical term) the largest oval down to 3-1/2" x 4-1/4", it looks weird... not like the picture on the package nor the scanned image.

This could have an effect on the actual cut/space outcome. The weird thing about these measurements is if the "Oval" (re Circle) measurements are used for the ovals, they become circles (at least the smallest one does).

The first pic is the dual measurements and the second is the single measurement. Hmmmmm....
Attached Thumbnails
Custom Fit your Sentiments into your Die Cuts!-screenshot007.jpg   Custom Fit your Sentiments into your Die Cuts!-screenshot008.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2013, 09:13 AM   #86  
Proud Fan Club Member

To save me some back reading, could you tell me if you save each die in a separate jpeg file or can you put them all in one Word doc? I scanned each one individually, but then I opened a file in Word and inserted each one in there and saved the one file. Will that work ok?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #87  
Glitter Guru

Sorry your having such problems with my doc. It's measured EXACTLY from out side edge to outside edge of the die. I just opened up the doc link I pasted here and printed it out, again, and laid the actual die on the copy it matches PERFECTLY Perhaps your settings need to be adjusted? And the reason the a circle needs to have two measurements is because it is a saved and cropped picture which has 4 boarders. When you click on any of the dies it shows the formatted size. I specifically printed out the decimal equivalients to enter to be sure of accuracy...so, ahem...make sure your checking your settings.
I thought I was doing something nice to share my work, as it is very time consuming. Your comment is very insulting to me....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Card Maker 01View Post
Where did you get your measurements? Or are you using the inside measurements? On the Spellbinders website, the Lacey Circles (which look suspiciously more like ovals...ahem) are:

1: 1⅝″

2: 1⅞″

3: 2⅝″

4: 3⅜″

5: 4�″

and the Lacey Ovals (which look suspiciously more like circles...ahem) are:

1: ⅞ x 1″

2: 1� x 1⅝″

3: 1⅞ x 2⅜″

4: 2� x 3�″

5: 3� x 4�″

Why would a circle shape need 2 measurements? And if you squish (that's the technical term) the largest oval down to 3-1/2" x 4-1/4", it looks weird... not like the picture on the package nor the scanned image.

This could have an effect on the actual cut/space outcome. The weird thing about these measurements is if the "Oval" (re Circle) measurements are used for the ovals, they become circles (at least the smallest one does).

The first pic is the dual measurements and the second is the single measurement. Hmmmmm....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2013, 11:56 AM   #88  
Glitter Guru

You can do it either way, it's whatever you find easier ;) Personally, I scanned a whole set on one page at a time and then pasted and cropped each die. It all comes to the same result

Quote:

To save me some back reading, could you tell me if you save each die in a separate jpeg file or can you put them all in one Word doc? I scanned each one individually, but then I opened a file in Word and inserted each one in there and saved the one file. Will that work ok?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2013, 12:34 PM   #89  
Glitter Guru

Here is a picture of my printed lacy CIRCLES with the largest die positioned directly on top of printout. I'd say the measurements are RIGHT ON
Attached Thumbnails
Custom Fit your Sentiments into your Die Cuts!-135.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2013, 03:16 PM   #90  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Here is a picture of my printed lacy CIRCLES with the largest die positioned directly on top of printout. I'd say the measurements are RIGHT ON
It might lose something in the transition. I put my largest one on the screen and the shape is different. Maybe if I printed yours out, it would be better. It could be that it's my screen because I have one of those short and narrow screens. I can't even look at a picture of myself on here because it makes me look wider and shorter! LOLOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #91  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

It might lose something in the transition. I put my largest one on the screen and the shape is different. Maybe if I printed yours out, it would be better. It could be that it's my screen because I have one of those short and narrow screens. I can't even look at a picture of myself on here because it makes me look wider and shorter! LOLOL
LOL, I realize that I sounded like a loon but it have to do to with several issues between my LED wide screen monitor and XP Pro Dell computer. I didn't have weird viewing issues with the monitor that came with my computer (2006). But now...??? It doesn't matter whether it was a Samsung or a Dell (the same manufacturer as the computer), but had issues (something about the Flash player not upgrading correctly). I was on the telephone for 5 hours today trying to get them resolved... I get to do more tomorrow. I think there may still be issues with Firefox, too.

Anyway, this is what I see using Foxfire (and this was taken this morning for sending to Spellbinders... yep, I was on the phone with them, too):
See, all the circles look like ovals and all the ovals look like circles. Weird.

BTW, there shouldn't be any problem with the uploaded documents, as those are the actual dies that were scanned. But getting the correct measurements might be "creative".
Attached Thumbnails
Custom Fit your Sentiments into your Die Cuts!-screenshot004.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2013, 05:42 PM   #92  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

I know you think that I'm somehow criticizing you, but I'm really, really, really not. This is what I see:

See.... the circles look like ovals and the ovals look like circles.

No offense intended.
Attached Thumbnails
Custom Fit your Sentiments into your Die Cuts!-screenshot001.jpg   Custom Fit your Sentiments into your Die Cuts!-screenshot002.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #93  
Glitter Guru

something must be off on your screen resoultion or sizing...when I klick on your two screens....circles were round and ovals are oval, just like the dies and packaging show....

Quote:

I know you think that I'm somehow criticizing you, but I'm really, really, really not. This is what I see:

See.... the circles look like ovals and the ovals look like circles.

No offense intended.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2013, 05:01 AM   #94  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

something must be off on your screen resoultion or sizing...when I klick on your two screens....circles were round and ovals are oval, just like the dies and packaging show....
I definately think it's a personal screen issue. I see your ovals as ovals and circles as circles HOWEVER, when I view those on some sites, I know exactly what you mean! I look at something and say "that's supposed to be an oval, but it sure looks like a circle to me!" It might also have to do with the way the site has them laid out over each other. It hides part of the shape and maybe distorts because of it. Thanks to all who shared! SCS is an awesome place for information!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2013, 12:07 AM   #95  
Kookie Creator

Well now. Even the Customer service rep at Spellbinders saw the distortion in my screenshots when I emailed them to her. It's definitely a newer monitor-older computer issue. The resolution was changed several times (which helped with some sites), but not with this issue. Oh, I forgot to mention that the monitor is a 23" LED full HD.

Oh well. Thanks for checking muscrat and SayStampsPlease.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2013, 05:09 AM   #96  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Well now. Even the Customer service rep at Spellbinders saw the distortion in my screenshots when I emailed them to her. It's definitely a newer monitor-older computer issue. The resolution was changed several times (which helped with some sites), but not with this issue. Oh, I forgot to mention that the monitor is a 23" LED full HD.

Oh well. Thanks for checking muscrat and SayStampsPlease.
Yes, must be a screen issue. My screen is at least 4 years old and measures 14 1/2 wide by 7 3/4 tall. As I said, it makes pictures of me look short and fat! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2013, 06:59 PM   #97  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Yes, must be a screen issue. My screen is at least 4 years old and measures 14 1/2 wide by 7 3/4 tall. As I said, it makes pictures of me look short and fat! LOL

And to think what color does... :eek: (remember the old blk & wh films... the people looked thin, then when you saw them in color..."What happened?!?!? Now with the wide format screens they get squished down and stretched out, lol). So now we'll have to be practically anorexic in order to look normal in pictures :rolleyes:

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue. I was beginning to think that I had spent a little too long with a opened tube of E6000 adhesive nearby... or too much time staring into the monitor screen (any kind)... It's bad enough dealing with astigmatism, myopia, and presbyopia and close cutting, lol, but opposite-shaped geometry??? :?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2016, 03:21 AM   #98  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Love This Tutorial

Thanks for taking the time to do this. Great idea to scan the actual die.

I just bought a Mac and now have to get a new PhotoShop. I understand it's all a monthly subscription but I checking it out now. I would so miss not having it!

Thank you again,

Mary
Reply With Quote Likes