Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Try a New Technique (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/try-new-technique-f44/)
-   -   TLC473 ~Fringe {03-17-14} (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/try-new-technique-f44/tlc473-%7Efringe-%7B03-17-14%7D-t585340.html)

TreasureOiler 03-15-2014 05:49 AM

TLC473 ~Fringe {03-17-14}

1 Attachment(s)
Hello :)

Thanks for joining me today for the TLC473

I've been seeing a lot of fun cards using FRINGE lately and I had to give it a go myself!

Until SU! came out with some fringe scissors and I noticed several cards with them I didn't realize that the scissors my husband gave me where actually fringe scissors! LOL! We have been packing up a lot of items from my MIL's house and when he brought me these funky looking scissors I had to research them. What I THOUGHT they were was herb scissors. At least that is what google told me ;)

Turns out they look the same as a craft pair....ha!

My challenge to you today is to create a NEW project using the FRINGE technique.

You can find the TLC473 GALLERY HERE . Please remember to use keyword TLC473 in your upload so we can find your fabulous creations!

Here I've created a fast little rainbow card.

One4Joy 03-16-2014 09:12 PM

What a fun technique...and how awesome that DH gifted you the very thing you needed! Apparently your MIL was ahead of the trending fringe!!!

susie australia 03-16-2014 10:10 PM

I am still laughing as I type this....when I first read the title of this weeks challenge I thought, ohhhh a challenge about a hairstyle....then I remembered that JodyLynn taught me a fringe in Australia is called bangs in America. If you ever visit Australia be very careful NOT to refer to a bang.... it is slang for errr...horizontal folk dancing if you get what I mean. I love being a Splitcoast Stamper, it is fun AND educational.

Biggan 03-16-2014 11:59 PM

Thanks for the challenge!

Here´s mine;
TLC473 Fly by Biggan - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

TFL!
Birgit

donidoodle 03-17-2014 05:19 AM

fringe vs bangs

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie australia (Post 20561645)
I am still laughing as I type this....when I first read the title of this weeks challenge I thought, ohhhh a challenge about a hairstyle....then I remembered that JodyLynn taught me a fringe in Australia is called bangs in America. If you ever visit Australia be very careful NOT to refer to a bang.... it is slang for errr...horizontal folk dancing if you get what I mean. I love being a Splitcoast Stamper, it is fun AND educational.

Susie, too funny! Thanks for the laugh!

Margscardcrazy 03-17-2014 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie australia (Post 20561645)

This made me laugh Susie, :lol: I had a similar problem when I was commenting on one of our favorite family pets and instead of saying kitty cat I used the Australian term.

The comment was very polity removed with not a word of condemnation and at first I couldn't work out what had happened :confused: and then I realized what I had actually said to everyone other than my Australian sisters. Just a little red faced and hoping not too many people saw it. :oops:

It's funny how we are all so much alike yet so different in many ways. Viva la difference I say makes life interesting.
Cheers
Marg

bensarmom 03-17-2014 06:29 AM

Here's my card .

hobbydujour 03-17-2014 06:34 AM

Great challenge, Dawn....and it worked perfectly with a little project that I have been working on. Got out my old MS fringe scissors which don't see action very often....another one of those items that I "had to have" when I had a good discount coupon in hand. : )

BUNNY TREAT BAG

Crafty Julia 03-17-2014 07:41 AM

TLC473 Micey Nice Day

Dawn- Great Challenge! I wanted to do a birthday card with some pizazz- and the fringe was just what I needed! Here's Micey Nice Day

tessaduck 03-17-2014 08:29 AM

Improvised fringe:

TLC473 matter by tessaduck - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

janeelizabeth 03-17-2014 08:34 AM

fun challenge thank you:) here is my card; FORE you!!! by janeelizabeth - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

my blog; Janes World

Crafty Julia 03-17-2014 09:15 AM

TLC473 Giraffe Greeting

I was inspired by Birgit's Fly card in the our gallery here, and found some metallic paper for my paper fringe. Thought Audrey the Giraffe was a good companion- here's Giraffe Greeting

One4Joy 03-17-2014 10:12 AM

ah, Dawn...what a fun challenge...key to teeny tiny

Thanks kindly...happy Irish, all you St Paddy's out there!!!

GardenDiva 03-17-2014 11:32 AM

TLC473 Dawn Griffith Card by GardenDiva - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Here's my card Dawn. Started it way early this morning and am just now getting it uploaded!!!
Hope everyone is having a great Monday. We have NO snow here in central Ohio and the sun is shining. It's STILL cold but it's getting better!!! yippeeee

Crafty Julia 03-17-2014 12:19 PM

TLC473 Give Thanks

Just had to try a fringed frame- at least the vertical sides- used a great sentiment from a thrift store grab bag and SU's Gifts of the Earth is the source of my bowl of apples image. Used a SB Medallion Seven die for my layered frame. Here's Give Thanks

mamaxsix 03-17-2014 09:03 PM

Squeezed in a couple of cards at the last of the day.
Fringed Prayers
Manly Fringe

susie australia 03-17-2014 09:26 PM

Thank you for such a fun challenge Dawn.

TLC473 Ooops I pulled a thread by susie australia - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Cook22 03-21-2014 08:58 AM

I finally made it along :D.
Not with my plan A - I was thinking of a dress, but not after I saw Susie's amazing creation. I fringed some tiny feathers instead to go with my feather embossing folder.
MIX60 Mixed and Fringed