Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Trade (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/trade-117/)
-   -   Need Your Thread Deleted? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/trade-117/need-your-thread-deleted-478402/)

TexasGrammy 01-30-2010 01:10 PM

Need Your Thread Deleted?

If your trade is complete, here's how to let us know that you're ready for your thread to be deleted. Otherwise, threads are routinely deleted after their "active" period of 4 weeks / 28 days. ;)
  • Enter the first post of your thread.
  • Click on "Edit" - lower right corner of post.
  • Click on "Advanced".
  • Now you can change your thread's title to " Delete Please ".
  • Save, and you're now eligible to start a new BST thread. We have a limit of one active BST thread at a time, please.
    * OR *
  • Just click the * button in the lower left corner of your first post, and ask us to please delete the thread.
Hope this helps!

**Carol** 07-31-2012 06:32 PM

"Advanced" thingie won't work for me, on my Trade listing. Plz delete bec I have a taker. . .thx.

TexasGrammy 07-31-2012 06:45 PM

Hi **Carol**!
I'll be glad to delete your thread & thanks for the heads up.
But first, it might simply be your 'options' that need a little tweak in your profile. If you wish, try this:
  • Go to your 'profile' area by clicking on your name found up in the top-right corner of any SCS page.
  • Now in your left column, click on Edit Options.
  • Scroll down to Miscellaneous Options.
  • Set your Message Editor Interface option to "Enhanced Interface ..."
Now when you click 'Edit' in your BST thread, you should see "Advanced" appear (lower right corner of your text area). Hopefully this will fix you up! ;)

**Carol** 08-06-2012 10:58 AM

Thx, Bev. Unfortunately, I was already in enhanced interface where I could not delete by myself. . .Maybe the system shows me something different from what it shows you? Just thought it might help if I related this to you, as it may come up again with others,

Pax,

Carol

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasGrammy (Post 19590087)
Hi **Carol**!
I'll be glad to delete your thread & thanks for the heads up.
But first, it might simply be your 'options' that need a little tweak in your profile. If you wish, try this:
  • Go to your 'profile' area by clicking on your name found up in the top-right corner of any SCS page.
  • Now in your left column, click on Edit Options.
  • Scroll down to Miscellaneous Options.
  • Set your Message Editor Interface option to "Enhanced Interface ..."
Now when you click 'Edit' in your BST thread, you should see "Advanced" appear (lower right corner of your text area). Hopefully this will fix you up! ;)

TexasGrammy 08-06-2012 11:07 AM

Hi Carol!

I was just thinking about this ... seriously! I totally misread your query in the first place.

The "real" answer to your earlier post is: Only moderators can "delete" posts. ;)

So, whenever you need your BST/ISO thread removed, just change the title (via advanced edit) to read "Delete Please" or "Please Remove", etc. As soon as one of us reads that in a title, we remove it on the spot.

I'm so sorry to have misread earlier ... must be this crazy heat here!

**Carol** 08-13-2012 12:02 PM

Thanks,

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasGrammy (Post 19601521)
Hi Carol!

I was just thinking about this ... seriously! I totally misread your query in the first place.

The "real" answer to your earlier post is: Only moderators can "delete" posts. ;)

So, whenever you need your BST/ISO thread removed, just change the title (via advanced edit) to read "Delete Please" or "Please Remove", etc. As soon as one of us reads that in a title, we remove it on the spot.

I'm so sorry to have misread earlier ... must be this crazy heat here!

snshine23 08-13-2013 05:19 AM

I have tried, several times, to reword or to change my post title. It says that the title has changed, but my thread title is still the same. I have some posts to delete and some to edit, but nothing is working for me!

TexasGrammy 08-13-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snshine23 (Post 20293790)
I have tried, several times, to reword or to change my post title. It says that the title has changed, but my thread title is still the same. I have some posts to delete and some to edit, but nothing is working for me!

I'm so sorry you're having trouble. SCS has recently been working to correct title edit issues. I'll be sure to pass this along to those who have been working on the problem.

In the meantime, if you need a BST/ISO thread deleted, please just use the * (report) button in the left column of the first thread post. Or, send a PM to me along with the link to the thread or the thread's current title.

;) Bev