Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-06-2008, 07:50 PM   #121
Rubber Obsessor

I placed my order for the ATG and 12 rolls of tape this afternoon. I'll let you know how the order goes and what I think. I've never used an ATG so I'll have to get used to it.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-06-2008, 09:25 PM   #122
Compulsive Stamper

They responded very fast to my shipping to Hawaii question. They quoted me $9, but I asked for a discount and they offered me free shipping. I'm not sure if its because my order was over $60.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:45 PM   #123
Stazon Splitcoast

Whoo hooo...gotta love that free shipping...you will love the tape.
Blessings.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:50 PM   #124
Rubber Obsessor

Default ATG ? Glue Glider

Quote:

Originally Posted by shell_scrapsView Post
Reverse Wound Transfer ATG-7502
Length: 36 YARDS - 108 FEET - 33 METERS - (12 Roll Sub Pack)
Size / Quantity: 1/4 inch - 6MM - 144 (12 Roll Sub Pack)

$18 per 12 rolls...free shipping over $35....order total was $36
I am currently using Glue Glider Max is this the same as the ATGs you are talking about

Desiderata
Old 10-15-2008, 07:06 PM   #125
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
It looks similar but it isn't the same. The Glue Glider gun costs less than the ATG gun but the refills are a lot higher.
Thanks Gale,

Who sells the ATG and the refills. This question may already be answered but the conversation has gone right over my head.

Sonia

Desiderata
Old 10-15-2008, 08:00 PM   #126
Matboard Maniac

I ordered tape and received it quickly. Is in my ATG and seems just fine. Great cost savings-thanks for passing on this information. I now have plenty of spare rolls
Old 10-15-2008, 09:00 PM   #127
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

oh man...I not that long ago ordered a bunch of rolls...I think I still have 5 or 6. I am wondering though if I should order some of this stuff! sounds incredible! I love my ATG, I can't believe I ever lived without!
Old 10-15-2008, 09:07 PM   #128
Die Cut Diva

I just ordered 36 rolls from the guy on ebay. I really hope that it's as good as you all have said. If it is that good, I'll probably never order from framingsupplies.com again. Half the price, you just can't beat that!
Thanks
Tammy
Old 10-15-2008, 09:13 PM   #129

BAH, I gave in and ordered! lol. I am excited, I will be set for a very very very long time I think.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:09 AM   #130
Kookie Creator

I just added this to my favorties. I have been wanting an ATG for a while but the cost. With being able to get the tape refills so cheap I will have to check into this a bit more when I get home from work.
thanks for a the info. I wish I did not have to go to work at least it is overtime so I can justify a new purchase.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:14 AM   #131
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkhedgehogView Post
I jumped on this also and got my order right away. The bond is certainly as strong as the 3M.

I may be the lone standout, though. I never had problems with my Scotch falling off of the roller. It would wander, sure, but it was because I was tipping the gun and it was easy to get it to go back the right way. I have had problems from the start with the new brand wandering completely off of the roller even when I try to tip the gun the other direction. I noticed over the weekend that mine (with the new brand) is rolling up the used spool kind of weird, so I'm going to wait until the spool is empty (nearly there) and see what's up. I'll post back here with my findings. It's probably user error.
Let me know how it turns out for you. I also haven't had any problems with my ATG--rolls fine, no tape breaking, and no boogers inside. I was down to my last two rolls of tape and jumped on the deal. Hope I don't regret it.

Lisa
Old 10-16-2008, 06:37 AM   #132
Matboard Maniac

Well ladies--- I'm jumping in and ordering the gun and rolls of tape... I'm so excited!

http://vbontherun.blogspot.com
Old 10-16-2008, 07:06 AM   #133
Polyshrink Goddess

My order should be coming any day now ! I have been stamping for almost 10 years and I have mostly been a glue stick girl. I have a Xyron but never use it. Recently I have tried the little double sided adhesive rollers that you buy at the office supply store and I love them so I expect that I will also love the ATG as well ! I can hardly wait ......stalking my mailbox !

Barbara
Old 10-16-2008, 10:11 AM   #134
Polyshrink Goddess

Ok, I succombed! I placed my order over the weekend and received it today! Problem is I'm so challenged when it comes to following the picture about how to put the tape in the gun (oh - forgot to mention I bought their gun also). I've never owned one so this is definitely a new venture for me. The instructional diagram shows arrows going everywhere (at least that's how it looks to me ). I do really well when there's word instructions. Not so good with the pictures. Can someone help me out pleeeeease? I really want to play! Thank you.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:32 AM   #135
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by countryheartsView Post
Ok, I succombed! I placed my order over the weekend and received it today! Problem is I'm so challenged when it comes to following the picture about how to put the tape in the gun (oh - forgot to mention I bought their gun also). I've never owned one so this is definitely a new venture for me. The instructional diagram shows arrows going everywhere (at least that's how it looks to me ). I do really well when there's word instructions. Not so good with the pictures. Can someone help me out pleeeeease? I really want to play! Thank you.
I assume this is the diagram with all the "arrows going everywhere" that you're talking about, and it does look confusing... http://www.findtape.com/instructions/ATG1.jpg

This page has a text paragraph on USAGE NOTES that might help clarify things.
http://www.findtape.com/product148/J...&info=ATG+Tape

But if this is a different gun from the one you have, then maybe someone else will have some other suggestions.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:40 AM   #136
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by countryheartsView Post
Can't find my diagram right now, but lets see if I can explain it:

Looking at the gun with the handle on the right. Let's call the wheels from left to right, 1 (smallest), 2 (mid-size), 3 (Large), and 4 (Take-up). Attach roll of tape to large wheel with tape clockwise (coming out toward bottom). Thread tape over #2, under #1 and all the way back up over tape roll to #4. Attach tape to #4 (take up wheel) near the bottom, so it rolls counter-clockwise.

Be sure to push the tape roll all the way on to the tabs on the wheel so the tape will stay straight.

I hope this helps and doesn't make it more confusing.

Good Luck.

Diane

Fan Club Member
My Neglected Gallery
Old 10-16-2008, 12:11 PM   #137
Kookie Creator

We you guys enabled me again. I just ordered the ATG gun and 24 rolls of tape refills. I have wanted one of these for a long time so Thanks for helping me save some money in the process. I am sure it will get a major workout since I am making all the shower, wedding invitations and the thank yous for my sons wedding next summer.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:43 PM   #138
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm so glad I found this thread; I'd run across the tape depot when searching for cheaper ATG tape but wasn't sure if it'd work in my gun/was acid-free. Just placed my $36 order too (I have 5 3M rolls left but I'm going through them faster than I thought I would! Craft fair season & all )
Old 10-16-2008, 12:50 PM   #139
Gabfest Goddess

Okay, I read this thread back a month or so ago, but I haven't ordered yet because I still have a couple 3M rolls. I'm getting ready to order so I'm back reading again.

There is a link to this store with the 1/4" tape everyone is talking about:
http://www.findtape.com/product297/J...&info=ATG+Tape

And then Tape Depot has it here:
http://www.thetapedepot.com/cart/com...mart/Itemid,1/

That is the same tape in both stores, isn't it? Looks the same to me and has the same 7502 number.

Tape Depot claims the adhesive is acid free (though I could not find it posted any where on the site). They told me it was when I emailed them.

Find Tape says it is not acid free.

It is important to me that I can switch between scrapbooking and card making without having to change my tape and I want acid free in my scrapbooks. Looks like I'll have to stay with 3M if I want it acid free.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:56 PM   #140
Gabfest Goddess

Find Tape does have an acid free tape if you have the yellow Atg 700 that takes the 1/2" tape:
http://www.findtape.com/product235/S...&info=ATG+Tape

(I haven't used it. I just found it when I was looking around their site.)
Old 10-16-2008, 01:30 PM   #141

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikiEView Post
Okay, I read this thread back a month or so ago, but I haven't ordered yet because I still have a couple 3M rolls. I'm getting ready to order so I'm back reading again.

There is a link to this store with the 1/4" tape everyone is talking about:
http://www.findtape.com/product297/J...&info=ATG+Tape

And then Tape Depot has it here:
http://www.thetapedepot.com/cart/com...mart/Itemid,1/

That is the same tape in both stores, isn't it? Looks the same to me and has the same 7502 number.

Tape Depot claims the adhesive is acid free (though I could not find it posted any where on the site). They told me it was when I emailed them.

Find Tape says it is not acid free.

It is important to me that I can switch between scrapbooking and card making without having to change my tape and I want acid free in my scrapbooks. Looks like I'll have to stay with 3M if I want it acid free.
Hmm that is disappointing. They sure do look the same. I haven't really done any scrapbooking so it doesn't bother me that much, but I would have liked the option. Unless there is a chance there is something different? I doubt it, eh?
Old 10-16-2008, 02:54 PM   #142
Polyshrink Goddess

Yep--that kind of ticks me...I wrote the tape depot to ask if it was acid-free & they also replied it was. So then I ordered. I just sent them the link to findtape & asked for confirmation (& to cancel my order if it really isn't acid-free)...we'll see. I can still use it for a lot of projects but it'll be a pain to switch out for scrapbooking.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:09 PM   #143

Ok, slight hijack, but related....what happens if I DO use the non acid-free stuff on scrapbooking? If it is adhesive behind something, would you ever see it? Just curious, I am not really sure how it all works...
Old 10-16-2008, 03:15 PM   #144
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by zipperc98View Post
Ok, slight hijack, but related....what happens if I DO use the non acid-free stuff on scrapbooking? If it is adhesive behind something, would you ever see it? Just curious, I am not really sure how it all works...
My understanding is if you use it behind your pics, it can make them bubble and/or turn shades of yellow.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:48 PM   #145
Polyshrink Goddess

Wrote the Tape Depot for the second time & again they wrote back:

"Julie -
It Is Acid Free - TTD"

So, I guess since I already ordered it, I'll just test it when it gets here to see & I'll let y'all know. I think I can buy a kit at Michael's or a pen (hopefully cheap!)
Old 10-16-2008, 05:07 PM   #146
Kookie Creator

Everyone talks about how quickly they go through rolls of this tape. My experience is that it lasts forever. I'm sure I don't create as often or extensively as some, but I'm wondering what the shelf life of this tape is. If i get 24 rolls, and only use 5 or 6 rolls a year, will the unused rolls go bad or lose their adhesiveness or anything? The price is definately right, but not if its going to get wasted.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:14 PM   #147
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimplyStampin123View Post
Everyone talks about how quickly they go through rolls of this tape. My experience is that it lasts forever. I'm sure I don't create as often or extensively as some, but I'm wondering what the shelf life of this tape is. If i get 24 rolls, and only use 5 or 6 rolls a year, will the unused rolls go bad or lose their adhesiveness or anything? The price is definately right, but not if its going to get wasted.
Hmmm...I don't know but I've never experienced tape losing adhesiveness (when left unused--of course on a project over time--well, all bets are off)..interesting. I use this tape on ribbon (in addition to the usual) so that's how I end up using a lot of it. I like ribbon

Last edited by Julesod; 10-16-2008 at 05:35 PM..
Old 10-16-2008, 05:59 PM   #148
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulesodView Post
Wrote the Tape Depot for the second time & again they wrote back:

"Julie -
It Is Acid Free - TTD"

So, I guess since I already ordered it, I'll just test it when it gets here to see & I'll let y'all know. I think I can buy a kit at Michael's or a pen (hopefully cheap!)
Thank you, thank you and Please let us know! I just bought quite a few rolls, and was surprised that no descriptions said "acid-free." The only assurance has been over the phone, with no documentation. Soooo... I was suspicious, but ordered anyway. Hoping it's acid free, but for now I'll just use it on things that don't matter for the long haul! Thanks for checking this out, Julie!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer. 29:11
Old 10-16-2008, 07:28 PM   #149
Gabfest Goddess

Julie, thanks for letting us know what you find when you test it. Seems weird that one company says it is when the other says it's not. Hope it is and the Find Tape site is wrong!
Old 10-16-2008, 08:05 PM   #150

I did not know you could get something to test this! I will be curious to find out the answer!

I go through a lot of this too, more than I figured I would. Still lasts me a long while compared to snail, thats for sure! I go nuts when I tape up the back of things. I usually go all the way around the edges of pages, etc. I wouldn't think it would go bad. not quickly anyway. Especially if it was kept somewhere safe, somewhere where it doesnt' get weathered.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:24 PM   #151
Insane Embellisher

subscribing to this thread - I need to find out which one will fit my ATG gun. I have the 714 I think. The price is so cheap that I can't imagine that it is acid free but would work good for cards. Thanks for the heads up.

http://scrapnstamp-cheryl.blogspot.com
Old 10-16-2008, 08:25 PM   #152
Rubber Obsessor

I ordered the ATG from tape depot and just got it a few days ago. Since I've never used any other kind of gun, I don't have anything to compare it to but I think I'm really going to enjoy it. It's lightweight and easy to use. Like some of you, I'm slightly confused by the instructions about loading in the tape. I followed the arrows easy enough, but after just a little use the used tape stopped winding tightly and left a big loop at the bottom of the gun which eventually found it's way back to the outside roller where the tape comes out. I broke the used tape and reattached in the take up roller. I'm wondering if I have't installed the tape correctly in the take up roller. The difference I notice in this gun and the 3M one is that there is no guard to hold the used tape on the roller. It kind of rolls up in a random pattern on the roller. Anyone else having this problem? Also, when you install the new roll of tape, do you push it all the way down on the spindle or just push it down part way? If anyone knows of a video or more instructions on ATG-50, I'd appreciate a link. The one for the 3M gun isn't exactly the same.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:44 PM   #153
Stazon Splitcoast

Default thanks Shell

Quote:

Originally Posted by shell_scrapsView Post
you have to click on the drop down box...the top one to the 12 roll pack....and it is the same company...I just ordered directly from their website rather than ebay...I hate ebay...
I just ordered some using your great instructions.. thanks so much.. this is so much cheaper that the 3m..
the 3m does have trouble leaving little bumps of tape..
I love a good deal..
so glad I ran onto your thread.
Judy--jaydekay

" If you have a talent, use it in every which way possible. Don't hoard it. Don't dole it out like a miser. Spread it lavishly like a millionaire intent on going broke.
~Brendan Frances~
Old 10-17-2008, 04:13 PM   #154
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Just ordered two boxes. I was down to my last roll of 3M when I found the thread. Thanks for all of the info.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:32 PM   #155
Die Cut Diva

I just received my tape in the mail from thetapedepot that I had won on ebay. Amazingly fast shipping! I won and paid on Wednesday, Oct. 15th and I got it today, Friday, Oct. 17th. I won't be able to try it out for a little while since I have almost a whole roll in my gun.
Tammy
Old 10-17-2008, 06:16 PM   #156
Crimping Master

I've been using my new tape for a couple weeks now and love it!! I was ready to call 3M again and get another replacement for my ATG because I was having so many problems with their tape. Now I wish I had kept my first gun that was defective. It might not have been defective after all. I believe that in my case it was the tape that was the issue. Thank you for the Tape Depot information. I now love my ATG again!!
Old 10-17-2008, 08:58 PM   #157
Embossing Fanatic

SPLASH! Just ordered the gun and tape...thank you all for sharing. Tape is like gas, need it, but hate buying it. Can't wait to try this new stuff out!
Old 10-17-2008, 09:17 PM   #158
Matboard Maniac

I just sent them an email to ask them if it is acid free....I will let you all know what they say back to me.
Old 10-18-2008, 04:26 AM   #159
Kookie Creator

I read on another board that someone used their PH Testing pen to see if it was acid free & it was!

I just ordered 24 rolls so we'll see how it does.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:09 AM   #160
Matboard Maniac

Got an email from them this morning....that was quick!!! It IS acid free!! Wooo Hoooo Guess I will be buying some too! Thank you for the heads up!