Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-21-2006, 06:10 PM   #1  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where are you purchasing the cuttlebug??

I went to the Provo Craft website and saw the locations that sell it. My local Michaels does not have it and I couldn't find it online at Joanns or Creative Xpress. Any suggestions are where I can tell hubby to get his hands on it for my Christmas present? You know to get what you want you have to help things along sometimes! lol!!!!;)
SCS Member #772
My Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2006, 06:25 PM   #2  
Watercolor Wizard

"my" Michaels has them. I picked up one today but they wouldn't let me use the coupon. The coupon says no cricut products. I told the manager this IS NOT a cricut, only made by the same company - Provo Craft. He told me that because it is made by the same company, it is excluded. I said you have plenty of other ProvoCraft products in the store - are they all excluded from the coupon since that is the same company that makes cricut??? So, I left without my cuttlebug - darn! Will try another store tomorrow...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2006, 06:25 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

My Michaels just got it in today so maybe you should check back with them soon? I got mine Friday at Joanns; I used a 50% off coupon so it was only $45!!!! It's pretty heavy so I wouldn't buy it on line unless there's free shipping! The guy I asked at AC Moore hadn't even heard of it when I was there the other night! Luckily for me, these 3 stores are all within a 20 minute drive from work for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2006, 06:27 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

I had to put up the tiniest of arguments about using a coupon at Joanns; they too thought it was associated with Cricut. I'm guessing they may add an exclusion soon if they can!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2006, 06:33 PM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

Thanks ladies! Maybe I'll hang tight for my Michaels to get it or try to find a Joann's in Houston. I'm sure there are some. Thanks so such for the quick response!
SCS Member #772
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2006, 06:41 PM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

Got mine at Michaels too. They hadn't even put them out yet,but the girl took me to the back and gave me one and sat on the floor with me going thru a box of die cuts and embossing folders! Thought that was sweet! The girl at the register took my coupon...but she did say..WOW,normally die-cuts aren't included...that was a week or so ago so I'm sure they are no longer taking coupons now!I'm just north of Atlanta.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2006, 07:07 PM   #7  
Crimping Master

Got mine on eBay but there are two places I know of that are letting you preorder it online...

www.scrapbook101.com - she has it on sale for $67.99, I believe, and free shipping w/ $50+ order. (They say 1st week of December for cuttlebug).

www.allthatscraps.com - she has it at "normal" price but shipping is free with a $10+ order. (She says should get there by the end of the month).

HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2006, 07:47 PM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtax
"my" Michaels has them. I picked up one today but they wouldn't let me use the coupon. The coupon says no cricut products. I told the manager this IS NOT a cricut, only made by the same company - Provo Craft. He told me that because it is made by the same company, it is excluded. I said you have plenty of other ProvoCraft products in the store - are they all excluded from the coupon since that is the same company that makes cricut??? So, I left without my cuttlebug - darn! Will try another store tomorrow...

The same thing happened to me today at my Mike's. I also did the same thing and walked out without the cuttlebug. Though I do have 2 embossing folders that I bought at Joann's. Had the same complaint about the company also. I wouldn't mind if they told me all die-cut machines were excluded from the coupon, but don't sound stupid and say they are made by Cricut when they aren't!! They are made by provo-craft.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2006, 07:54 PM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

I think I really got lucky!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2006, 08:49 PM   #10  
Hardware Hotshot

At Michaels you have to find an inexperienced clerk (this should be easier around the holidays.) I was in there yesterday buying something else (I really didn't have time to consider the purchase.) Just for kicks, I asked the clerk if I could use the coupon on the Cuttlebug. She had no idea was that was, so I'm assuming should would have just rung it right though.

May try again and actually try to get one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2006, 04:39 AM   #11  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubbernecker
At Michaels you have to find an inexperienced clerk (this should be easier around the holidays.) I was in there yesterday buying something else (I really didn't have time to consider the purchase.) Just for kicks, I asked the clerk if I could use the coupon on the Cuttlebug. She had no idea was that was, so I'm assuming should would have just rung it right though.

May try again and actually try to get one.
The clerk wasn't sure what it was, but called a manager to get one from the back, as the one I picked up was actually an empty box. It was the manager who delivered it and said I couldn't use a coupon on it, even before he saw I had one... GRRRR! I will try another store today! (I hope)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2006, 05:23 AM   #12  
Glitter Guru

I work at Michaels and I asked my store manager about the coupon and the Cuttlebug. She said that since it is made my ProvoCraft that there is no reason they can deny you use of the coupon. I think the sticker on the CB box says By The Makers of Cricut...so it's not to be counted as a Cricut product. Don't let them tell you no, and if they do, call Michael's corporate and complain....that is what the manager told me to do if that happens.
Faerey Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2006, 05:28 AM   #13  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faereygirl
I work at Michaels and I asked my store manager about the coupon and the Cuttlebug. She said that since it is made my ProvoCraft that there is no reason they can deny you use of the coupon. I think the sticker on the CB box says By The Makers of Cricut...so it's not to be counted as a Cricut product. Don't let them tell you no, and if they do, call Michael's corporate and complain....that is what the manager told me to do if that happens.
Awesome! I already have mine, but I'll pass the word along to others.
I have seen some of the dies on sale at www.busybeescrapbooking.com They have a wish list feature too, if you want to give your loved ones holiday suggestions!
Megan arrived 3/16/09
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2006, 05:31 AM   #14  
Matboard Maniac

Default cuttlebug

I went to Michaels yesterday and the manager didn't want to let me have it with the coupon but the register accepted it and I reminded him it wasn't a cricut product as the fine print on the ad says will not be honored. Stood my ground and he finally relented.
Just being persistant may help.
good luck
Daisy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2006, 05:53 AM   #15  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Jessica,
Did what you suggested and called Michael's corporate. Surpisingly easy to get ahold of someone. The district manager will be calling me back and I should be able to get my cuttlebug and use the coupon. Thanks so much for the suggestion.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2006, 06:05 AM   #16  
Die Cut Diva

Well, I got mine at Michael's and was able to use a coupon with no problem, which sort of surprised me because my Michael's has been rather strict, i.e. won't give you the discount if you don't have an actual coupon. There is a Michael's about 1 1/2 hours away from me that will let me have the discount if I tell them that I don't have a coupon. They just have me sign a sheet and put my zip code on it!

The more we thank, the more we discover we have to be thankful for.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2006, 06:08 AM   #17  
Glitter Guru

You're more than welcome Wagleg. Glad you're getting yours!

I have an in store one to use so I won't be getting one of my own....I just don't think I would use it enough! :(
Faerey Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2006, 06:19 AM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok so my paper did not come with an ad this week for Micheals.....is there any way to get ahold of one other than in the sunday paper?

Be Yourself ~ Everyone else is taken ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2006, 06:19 AM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wait....our weekly ad online does not have a coupon this week.....what am I missing?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2006, 07:23 AM   #20  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Thank you!!!

I just got back from (the same) Michaels and this time I left WITH my bug after using my coupon!!! The gal rang it up (no problem) and a young boy went and got it. When he returned, he said to the clerk, just for future reference, we can't take the coupons on these - see it says Cricut on it... But since I already had mine, I figured there was no need to tell him it was not a Cricut, etc. I was ready to tell him corporate said it was ok, etc etc, but just left bug in hand. Yippee!!! Now to try it out...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2006, 08:01 AM   #21  
Forum Fanatic

I can't remember where I saw this, but I was browsing Cuttlebugs online and one of the e-stores was referring to it as a Cricut product. I think they called it the Cricut Manual Diecutting System or something like that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2006, 08:11 AM   #22  
Matboard Maniac

Default cuttlebug

I just cut out the Joann's coupon and the fineprint says that Cricut electronic system is exempt from the use of the coupon. I imagine that this is all going to be changed very soon but for now, don't think they can deny the coupon for the cuttlebug.
daisy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2006, 04:31 AM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well I just tried the Joann's coupon code online and it was a no go :(

I have a 40% for Mike's from yesterdays paper so I guess I will try to use that today.....Would have like the 50% tho

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2006, 08:47 AM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well Michaels would not take the coupon either.....any other ideas??

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2006, 09:22 AM   #25  
Mad Swapper

my only sugguestion is to yell at someone at Michael's it's not excluded on the coupon. the whole problem is that Provo Craft put "by the makers of cricut" on the dumb box! it's not a cricut product it's simply made by the same company, but so are many many other craft products that Michael's sells, and they don't exclude all of that. they cannot tell you that you can't use the coupon on the cuttlebug unless it is specifically excluded on the coupon, or unless they start excluding ALL Provo Craft products. I don't know why, but it really annoys me that they're giving people such a hard time about this.

sorry, other than chewing out the manager, and making them call a district manager or something I don't know what else to tell you. why are they being so petty about this?

I hope you can get them to take the coupon because they should.
good luck!
Michelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2006, 09:45 AM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Michelle....I thought about pushing it while I was there but honestly I was not ready for the fight today. I think I will try the other store in the area first then go from there....

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2006, 09:58 AM   #27  
Kookie Creator

I used my 50% coupon to buy it this weekend. I ran home and tried it immediately. WOW! It works great. I love love love tools.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2006, 01:24 PM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

OK so how do I get ahold of Corporate??? I called the other Michaels store in town and the girl was kinda ugly with me and said that they will not accept the coupon. I nicely said it was not a Cricut product only made by the same company and she said " that is why you can not use the coupon"......grrrrrr

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2006, 02:01 PM   #29  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by photocropper
OK so how do I get ahold of Corporate??? I called the other Michaels store in town and the girl was kinda ugly with me and said that they will not accept the coupon. I nicely said it was not a Cricut product only made by the same company and she said " that is why you can not use the coupon"......grrrrrr
Ugly isn't the word I'd use . . . . my first thought was 'smart as a sack of wet hammers'.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2006, 02:04 PM   #30  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahloumel
Ugly isn't the word I'd use . . . . my first thought was 'smart as a sack of wet hammers'.
LOL!! Seriously!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2006, 03:01 PM   #31  
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Received 379 Likes on 324 Posts

JoAnns tried to not let me use a 50% off coupon a few weeks ago, but I kept saying it's not on the coupon and finally made the manager mad so she said I could have it. By that point, I wasn't trying to wear her down, but I wanted her to explain to me *why* it was excluded. She couldn't and I got it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2006, 03:20 PM   #32  
Polyshrink Goddess

I tried to use the coupon online at Joann's but it was not accepted. There's some fine print online that tells you to type in "exclusions" into the search box and - lo and behold - Cuttlebug is excluded. I did find the Cuttlebug at http://happyscrapinscrapbooking.com for $59.95. Shipping was $5.95 but the more you purchase, the cheaper the shipping. I'm sure there are better deals but that's the best I found.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2006, 03:31 PM   #33  
Forum Fanatic

My Michael's is always out of them... so was my Joann's... we had to drive an hour to another Joann's to get it. They took my Michael's 50% off coupon though and I got a bunch of other stuff my Joann's doesn't carry though so it was worth it! :O)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 09:19 AM   #34  
Stazon Splitcoast

I got it!!!! I am so HAPPY! I called corporate this morning and talked to them.....they said YES I could use the coupon! So I called the store had them hold a Cuttlebug for me and went to pick it up. When I went to check out they took my coupon and off I went! The girl remembered me from the day before and said nothing about the coupon!!!!! SO I think that Corporate called them ;) Either way I got one!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 09:21 AM   #35  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

I got it!!!! I am so HAPPY! I called corporate this morning and talked to them.....they said YES I could use the coupon! So I called the store had them hold a Cuttlebug for me and went to pick it up. When I went to check out they took my coupon and off I went! The girl remembered me from the day before and said nothing about the coupon!!!!! SO I think that Corporate called them ;) Either way I got one!!!
Have fun with your new toy! :O)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 09:30 AM   #36  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooshie_stamps
my only sugguestion is to yell at someone at Michael's it's not excluded on the coupon. the whole problem is that Provo Craft put "by the makers of cricut" on the dumb box! it's not a cricut product it's simply made by the same company, but so are many many other craft products that Michael's sells, and they don't exclude all of that. they cannot tell you that you can't use the coupon on the cuttlebug unless it is specifically excluded on the coupon, or unless they start excluding ALL Provo Craft products. I don't know why, but it really annoys me that they're giving people such a hard time about this.
Just to add on... what if you brought your cell phone with you and demanded the corporate phone number and called them right from the store? Then you can just hand the telephone over to the manager to let them hear from CORPORATE that the coupon can be used? That's what I would do if I wanted one of these. (I have my Wizard, so I don't need the diecut machine.. but I love the dies and I'm glad those work in my Wizard!!) ;)

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 09:32 AM   #37  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

This is the customer service number from their website:
1-800-642-4235
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 09:33 AM   #38  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimberlyinMN
Just to add on... what if you brought your cell phone with you and demanded the corporate phone number and called them right from the store? Then you can just hand the telephone over to the manager to let them hear from CORPORATE that the coupon can be used? That's what I would do if I wanted one of these. (I have my Wizard, so I don't need the diecut machine.. but I love the dies and I'm glad those work in my Wizard!!) ;)

Kimberly
Hahahaha! That is soooooo something I would do if it was something I really wanted and the clerk made me mad about it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 09:53 AM   #39  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindsidawn
Have fun with your new toy! :O)
Thanks!!! I have to get some things done today before I pull it out of the box but I am sure I will love it!!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 09:55 AM   #40  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

yeah! i'm excited for you I'm surprised that corporate hasn't just sent out a memo to all their stores telling them to take coupons on the CB. it seems like they've gotten more calls on this than they should've expected. oh well, I guess the moral of the story is, if you're having trouble with your store just call corporate huh?
Michelle
Reply With Quote Likes