Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-17-2016, 05:25 PM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What are some good adhesives?

I am wondering what you all like to use for your cards? Are there different types you use? What about for your embellishments?

I got a card with some things I ordered from someone here in the B/S threads... The card was so well put together... no lose edges.. even the little bow adhered to the front was fastened down very well.

I want to have that confidence with my own cards. I use a couple different tape runners.. one is Elmer's and one is a runner with repositionable dots.. I can't remember the brand. I also have Glue Dots. I use pop dots sometimes. I also have a gel glue, I believe it's Elmer's too. So far I haven't had any trouble with any cards coming apart.. but I haven't made all that many yet either.

Thanks for any input. xoxo =)
{Jeremiah 29:11}
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2016, 05:31 PM   #2  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,927 Likes on 2,193 Posts

Shhhh....don't tell anyone I'm still online! LOL

I use tombow mono multi glue. It holds well and it allows time to move your piece if you didn't place it right. I also use xpress it tape ( like SU's tear and tape) and tombow adhesive runners. Love the glue most because sometimes I put layers on crooked and it allows me to straighten it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2016, 05:32 PM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

3M ATG, Ranger Multi Matte Meduim, ScraPerfect Best Glue Ever
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2016, 05:46 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 295 Likes on 115 Posts

ATG from Tape Depot, Martha Stewart all-purpose gel glue, glue dots, 3M foam tape.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2016, 05:51 PM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Kathy!! hahaha! I'm gonna turn you into a night owl yet!!! =)

Yes, I've seen that mono glue before. I'd maybe like to try it. That's one reason I don't like the tape runners. I can't move anything. I'm kind of terrible at positioning things properly. Ugh. What I do is hold a layer down, lift one side up, put tape down, then press it down. That's the only way I can be sure not to get things all crooked. :rolleyes: But I do like the assurance of the tape runners... things stay where you put them!

Thank you Arlene.. I've not heard of any of those. There are SO many out there to choose from.
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2016, 05:52 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

l use my ATG gun for almost everything, especially all my card layers.

I use Tombow Mono Multi (green and white bottle) on anything too small to easily use the ATG on. You don't have to use much, just a fine line around the edges will hold stuff really well.

If I have gems that are not self adhesive, I use a tiny dot of the Mono Multi to adhere them. I put the dot on the card, not the gem, and then sit the gem down gently on the dot of glue. Then I wait just a second and press it down a little.

I like to use Scotch double sided foam tape to attach and pop up my images, especially those that I've fussy cut.

For anything like a bow, flowers I've made with punches, or a button, I use glue dots.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2016, 05:52 PM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

Oh thanks Sue! You were posting as I was. What is this ATG?

Where do you all buy your supplies mainly?
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2016, 05:53 PM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Thanks Bugga!!! =) You are all so awesome. I knew I'd gt some good answers.
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2016, 12:52 AM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

I use an ATG at home. Glue dots work well to hold bows, small lightweight embellishments, etc.

An ATG is an Advanced Tape Glidder made by scotch/3M. They are large and take a bit getting used to. I love mine. I got it for 40% off at Michael's and I get the refills with a 40% off coupon too.

When I go to SU card classes I bring Elmer's tape runners ( not the dot runners, they don't hold as well) and to be honest they hold really well. I have many of the cards in my reserve card stack for years and they Stay together well-many stay together for years. Eventually they do come apart.

I know it helps to burnish them if you use runners.....press onto the layer with something like the side of a bone folder.

I always wonder if different parts of the country (humidity, etc) make a difference as some people say their cards fall apart using Elmers.

Ad-tech glue runners always seemed to hold the best but its easier
to get to Walmart for the Elmer's for me than Michael's or Hobby Lobby..

Considering how spendy an ATG is ( though you can get it at Michael's for around $20.00 with a 40% off coupon ) the Elmer's glue runner is a decent alternative.

I think most here will vote down glue runners but I have good luck with them!

Tombo seems messy to me so I don't use it often. It does hold well and has its place in card making. Some use it exclusively to adhere their layers and love it. I end up with glue on my fingers and it drives me crazy.

You can reposition for a few seconds with Tombo. It does dry quick but you have a little wiggle room!

Good luck!

Last edited by Allistamps123; 09-18-2016 at 01:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2016, 02:57 AM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I use different glues for different reasons. I rarely use liquid glues, except maybe Glossy Accents, or a silicone glue, to adhere awkward shaped things, or for sticking to a rough/uneven surface, such as glitter card or an embossed panel. General use is DST, followed by tape runners. Double sided sheets for fiddly die cuts sometimes. Also Crafters Companion Spray adhesive for fiddly stuff. A tip I came across on here was when using DST, if you want a little wiggle room to adjust, smear on some silicone glue over the tape- you can slide it around a little then. A tip I saw a demo use with DST- peel up the backing on two corners, to just about to half way along, then fold them so the tape cover is facing out. Then position your uncovered corner, making sure you've got it straight. Hold it down with one hand, now you can peel away the remaining tape covers and your piece will be square. Then you can lift up the final corner and remove the remaining tape covering. I hope that makes sense?

Last edited by shazsilverwolf; 09-18-2016 at 03:02 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2016, 04:41 AM   #11  
Hardware Hotshot

I just realized what I may do different with glue runners. I use lots. I never know when I watch YouTube videos if card makers use so little just to save time or that is the amount people use to adhere cards.

I don't use so much because I think tape runners don't work. I just have always used a lot-from day one I thought that's how much was needed ( and maybe it is).

I have always gone down all four sides/edges, and crisis-cross across the middle and once down the center-vertically and horizontally. And burnish.

I use that much with my ATG too.

Maybe that's why when I use Elmer's they stick for a long time!

Last edited by Allistamps123; 09-18-2016 at 04:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2016, 06:40 AM   #12  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I could have written Bugga's post (Forums at Splitcoaststampers) except that I found the ATG unwieldy and use a Xyron Megarunner ( Xyron Mega Runner with 100' of 1/2" Adhesive - 6464791 | HSN) instead. The 1/4" refills are fairly easy to find in Michael's. I haven't seen 1/2" in stores.

I also have several models of Xyron machines. I love the "edge-to-edge coverage" and it makes mass producing faster. This can get pricy for everyday use so I also have many AdTech tape runners and refills (https://smile.amazon.com/Ad-Tech-Per...nCrt=my-impact)

Please note that the links are just to show the product and might not be the best price.

ETA: I, lije Allistamps, always go down all four sides and criss-cross when uding tape runners. I also usually burnish the layer too (place a clean sheet of copy paper over it before rubbing or sometimes you get a sheen)

Happy Crafting!
Tina aka TeeGeeDee

Last edited by TeeGeeDee; 09-18-2016 at 06:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2016, 01:08 PM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

Ahhh, ATG! I've seen that thing in videos! It IS huge... and makes me laugh every time I see someone using one. I applaud anyone who can do precise work with one of those. I would make a mess, I'm sure. lolI wasn't sure how well glue dots would hold... I use them... but to just use one on a bow or something, I wasn't sure. On the card I got in the mail, the whole back side of a bow was secured with something. Ali, you make a good point about weather conditions affecting how things stay together. I bought the Elmer's at Walmart I think. Only because I didn't have access to a craft store... I also think I have a cheapo brand from Pat Catan's... tape runner.. but it seems to work. The only thing I don't like about the tape, is once it's down, it's down. And like I said, I'm kinda squirrelly on things sometimes. lol But at the same time, I love that there's no drying time.. so it's a trade off I guess. I also go down the sides, but I'm not sure if I get close enough to the edges.. it's hard doing it the way I do.. holding half the paper down and then laying tape runner down on the base paper... Ugh. I think I need a new system.
I got an EZ Dot (?) repositionable runner, for temporary stuff.. but when I got it home, I realized it was a refill, not a whole dispenser. Ugh.. but I am still using it. haha! I never knew the refills had all that plastic to them. :rolleyes: But I did order 2 I think AdTech repositionable runners from Joann.com when I ordered my Tack N Peel. I need to make myself use that EZ Dot one though... or find a dispenser for it. lol
The Elmer's gel I have is in kind of a pen, dual tip. It's kind of messy too, but I use the tiny tip to squeeze a dot under any edges or corners that seem a little flippy.

Shaz, I wondered what to use for teeny tiny or oddly shaped items. I'm wanting to get some word dies.. like Merry Christmas, or Happy Birthday, and wondered how in the world I would secure those without the glue being obviously noticeable. I thought about a spray, but there again, I see a big mess on my hands. lol What is Glossy Accents? *needs to google that*

Tina, thank you for chiming in! =) I think even the Xyron would be a bit much for me to handle... it looks smaller than the ATG but I like the little tiny dispensers...

I guess I am on the right track with what I'm using.. several different products for different uses. I just wanted to get some input from all you experienced ladies!!

Thank you so much!!! =)
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2016, 03:36 PM   #14  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

As you will learn not all tapes and glues are the same and everyone has their favorites.

I have received lovely cards and projects and after only a short period of time things start to fall off. I live in a dry area so it's not humidity (smile). I think that after awhile the adhesive becomes brittle and looses it ability to hold. I've taught a lot of classes and the people bring their own adhesives and I've seen them have problem in the long run. What I'm going to say is just based on my experience...

Inexpensive adhesives do not hold for a long time - especially glue sticks (I won't use them). Many of the school grade glues (Elmer's seem get brittle over time) - they are not made as "artist" quality products.

Adtech - I've had people use the permanent one in classes and it's not forgiving. We had to eventually heat it so we could remove a misplaced item. Cheap but I'd rather have some time.

Tombow Mono - I love it because you don't need a lot to get a good solid stick with some time to work it. For small application, try putting in on with a tooth pick. Holds forever - even metal embellishments.

ATG - 3M Red (not gold label). The gun might seem big but boy oh boy does it save time and money. It's super easy to use - my go to adhesive. You have a short period of time to move it around.

Matte Medium - this is becoming a fav because it dries completely clear so if you can't see your mistakes. Economical because you can buy large jars and then I put in a needle applicator.

Glossy accents - takes some time to dry and you can't fix your mistakes.

fabri-Tac or Beacons 3-in-one - these hold almost anything. The are stringy but when you need to hold a weighty item down, these will do it. I use them for 3-d projects.

glue dots - always for the quick stick but they do raise the item up a little bit

foam tape - haven't found a brand I didn't like. I buy big rolls plus dots and squares

Velcro tape - haven't found that is really invisible so I don't bother. I add glossy accents in places where it can be hidden under an embellishment or stamped text.

Fine detail die cuts - I use the die cut adhesive sheets. Not cheap but for me it's worth it. If I forget, then I use mono applied with a toothpick.

Quicky glue pen - they always clog even trying different methods of storage. I just don't bother anymore.

Tombow Aqua - too runny and can buckle paper

Aliene's brands - I know they are popular but I'm a Tombow snob so I don't know.

E-6000 - amazing for the tuff hold situations. I buy the little 6-pack so it won't dry out.

Scotch - dbl sided tape. A go to in a pinch but it can lift after time. I used to be able to buy it at Sams to get it cheaper.

Finally, I recommend buying small amounts of any adhesive because they will dry up or get thick. Also, to get pro quality, you don't have to use a ton of adhesive, you just need to make sure the corners and edges do not lift and embellishments don't fall off. Personally, I think people use way to much adhesive when in most cases a small amount will be just fine.

HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2016, 04:14 PM   #15  
Die Cut Diva

Wow!! That's a lot of info! Thank you so much! Some of these things I'm not familiar with, so I'm doing some research. =)
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2016, 08:06 PM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I use FabriTac glue by Beacon. I can move the layers a bit for perfect borders. Nothing falls off after gluing. It dries quickly. Blech...it is stringy. I barely cut the top of the lid off at an angle to make less glue come out. I always buy the big bottle but had to buy the 2 fluid oz bottle once. Like using it the best and refill it now. Also convenient as our Walmart carries it. And it dries clear. Sometimes I use a toothpick to dab it on small pieces and I always keep an adhesive eraser on my craft table.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2016, 08:11 PM   #17  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

I like Beacon's Zip Dry glue. Hobby Lobby with 40% off coupon makes it reasonable. Allows sliding your panels or items you're adding. Any excess rolls off with your finger rubbing it. This is important to me. It holds everything, including metal wire, onto paper. Dries clear, but shiny.

Tombo Mono green does not roll off, and leaves grey streaks if you try. Also, I found it seemed watery, making paper warp. So did ScraPerfect Best Glue Ever....It's NOT.

I have an ATG and it's too big for my crafting area, I hardly ever use it. I found the acid-free refill to be stringy, unlike the regular one.

Scotch double-sided tape is always at hand.

Xyron is really good when you are die-cutting words and thin things like that. I liked my 2.5 inch one so much, I bought a 5 inch one.

I also have Ranger Multi matte Medium in a needle tip bottle for tiny things. Hard to squeeze, though.

I bought a giant roll of 3M foam mounting tape at Amazon. Keep at hand all the time. I also use adhesive foam craft sheets when bumping up a large area, with Zip Dry on the other side. Weight it down for a minute.

Tiny pop-dots type of product has come in handy lately for popping up die cut words.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2016, 05:59 AM   #18  
Die Cut Diva

Dreamsinpink, if you want to avoid mess from sprays, lay your work on some scrap paper in your bin and spray into that,
Another option for word die cuts is double sided adhesive sheets. Cut your piece of cardstock to fit the die, then cut some adhesive sheet the same size. Stick to the back of your cardstock, and die cut as normal. Then just peel away the backing and you're good to go.
Glossy Accents is a very liquid substance that can be used as a glue, or for coating things with, to give a sort of glazed tile look. Ranger product.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2016, 09:13 AM   #19  
Forum Fanatic

[QUOTE=harvestmoon;21323291]
Tombo Mono green does not roll off, and leaves grey streaks if you try. Also, I found it seemed watery, making paper warp. So did ScraPerfect Best Glue Ever....It's NOT. Get a glue eraser to remove any stray mono - it really does work.

I have an ATG and it's too big for my crafting area, I hardly ever use it. I found the acid-free refill to be stringy, unlike the regular one. I don't like the gold label either - awful stuff but then I don't acid free.

I also have Ranger Multi matte Medium in a needle tip bottle for tiny things. Hard to squeeze, though. Add a little bit of water to thin it out. It will still hold just easier to squeeze out.

QUOTE]

Forgot to add tear tape to the list I use. I prefer Sookwang or any of the companies that sell similar. I look for sales. Make sure it's the kind you can tear. A friend of mine bought an off brand and she has to cut it. This tape holds good, easy to transport, doesn't take up much space. It comes in a lot of different sizes (1/8", 1/4" , etc.). It also great to use with micro glitter. Check out Elizabeth Craft designs. Elz is a wonderful person and she has great service so I tend to shop with her.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2016, 12:30 PM   #20  
Stampin' Fool

Thanks, Stamphappy. I didn't know you could thin Multi Medium!
I do have a glue eraser, but it doesn't do well around layered edges. I think I just don't like Tombo because it's wet.
Good to know about Sookwang tear-able!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2016, 01:14 PM   #21  
Gallery Gazer

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Just the tiniest swipe with the little Tombow sanding eraser has worked for me.

My favorite adhesives are 1) Rangers Multi Matte Medium, swapping the tip it came with for the metal needle tip, and 2) Tombow Stamp Runner Dot Adhesive Applicator. It's the pink one. You can reposition paper and rub away the dots. But once it's where you want it, it's well stuck. You can also stamp down one tiny square instead of running it.

Refills pop in like a cartridge but I botched it the first time before watching the video. This is a runner Jennifer McGuire recommends in her fave things series. She talks about it about about 10:33 in the video below. (I had only watched an earlier video, but in this one she shows how to refill it.)

My Favorite Crafty Things: PAPERS & ADHESIVES + Giveaway - Jennifer McGuire Ink

https://www.amazon.com/Tombow-Runner...%2C+Value-Pack

Last edited by bjeans; 09-19-2016 at 01:17 PM.. Reason: corrected video time
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2016, 08:34 PM   #22  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
l use my ATG gun for almost everything, especially all my card layers.

I use Tombow Mono Multi (green and white bottle) on anything too small to easily use the ATG on. You don't have to use much, just a fine line around the edges will hold stuff really well.

If I have gems that are not self adhesive, I use a tiny dot of the Mono Multi to adhere them. I put the dot on the card, not the gem, and then sit the gem down gently on the dot of glue. Then I wait just a second and press it down a little.

I like to use Scotch double sided foam tape to attach and pop up my images, especially those that I've fussy cut.

For anything like a bow, flowers I've made with punches, or a button, I use glue dots.
Oh Bugga, I'd like to say, great minds think alike, yet at times, I'm not so sure how great my mind is!!!!!

I could have written your response, except for the Tombow Mono glue. I'm like "bjeans" in that I use the Ranger Multi Medium Matte with the metal tip applicator as well. Love it for my sequins, word dies, etc. It dries clear and with the fine tip, it goes right where you need it! I haven't had any issues with it getting thick yet, but I love that tip about thinning with water and will use it if needed. I also use Best Glue Ever when I need something to really be secured down!!!!

Good thread......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2016, 09:37 AM   #23  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great topic! Here are my favorites and why.

ATG gun - I use this for practically everything. I admit I was very skeptical at first. I mean, the thing is huge. I thought it would take up too much space in my craft area and would be too hard to use. NOPE! When I finally pulled the trigger (haha pun intended :p), I immediately wished I had bought one earlier. I was spending too much money on those Tombow refills. I love it and have never looked back!

Stampin Up Dimensionals - I love, love, love these little things. I know there are other manufacturers that make similar products but for some reason I just like these better. Can be messy when you peel off the one side covering the sticky part. Those things multiply like rabbits!

Tombow Mono Multi (green and white bottle) - usually for gems and other tiny things that I can't use my ATG gun on or stick a dimensional to lol. If I have gems that are not self adhesive, I use a tiny dot of the Mono Multi to adhere them. I put the dot on the card, not the gem, and then sit the gem down gently on the dot of glue. Then I wait just a second and press it down a little.

Glue Dots - for ribbon and bows mostly.

Mod Podge - I use this for altered pieces and other crafty things not cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2016, 03:44 AM   #24  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by paris062View Post
Great topic! Here are my favorites and why.

ATG gun - I use this for practically everything. I admit I was very skeptical at first. I mean, the thing is huge. I thought it would take up too much space in my craft area and would be too hard to use. NOPE! When I finally pulled the trigger (haha pun intended :p), I immediately wished I had bought one earlier. I was spending too much money on those Tombow refills. I love it and have never looked back!

Stampin Up Dimensionals - I love, love, love these little things. I know there are other manufacturers that make similar products but for some reason I just like these better. Can be messy when you peel off the one side covering the sticky part. Those things multiply like rabbits!

Tombow Mono Multi (green and white bottle) - usually for gems and other tiny things that I can't use my ATG gun on or stick a dimensional to lol. If I have gems that are not self adhesive, I use a tiny dot of the Mono Multi to adhere them. I put the dot on the card, not the gem, and then sit the gem down gently on the dot of glue. Then I wait just a second and press it down a little.

Glue Dots - for ribbon and bows mostly.

Mod Podge - I use this for altered pieces and other crafty things not cards.
I love SU demensionals also! They seem to be the perfect height and a wonderful, yet tiny guilty pleasure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2016, 03:09 PM   #25  
Gallery Gazer

I was thinking about this thread, and how when it comes to tape/adhesive runners, it's about the hand as much as the adhesive.

The runner I prefer felt perfect the first instant I tried it. I've tried others, including popular ones, that weren't comfortable or felt awkward, or my hand hurt after using them a while.

So I think it's specific to how a runner feels in the hand, including balance, and in my case, width and curvature of the handle, given a minor, permanent injury and short, stubby fingers. : )

While I like that you can rub off the adhesive if you make a mistake (often!), that's just the icing. If it didn't feel great, that wouldn't be enough reason to stick (ha - unintended!) with it. And someone else could use it and not like it at all. Just my take.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2016, 06:41 PM   #26  
Stampin' Fool

Adhesives on sale at Joann with $1.99 shipping. code SHIP929
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2016, 09:36 PM   #27  
Die Cut Diva

I love all you guys for helping me out. The bad thing is, now I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. LOL I know, never happy, am I? hahaha But yes, I've got to do something. Last night I messed up a card twice due to adhesive and glue that I was using. I was able to fix it, but it just made me realize that I really have to figure something out in reference to this issue.

I watched a youtube tutorial recently, I don't remember which one it was now, but the lady was using a wet glue, it was white, but when she put her layers down, they stayed. I'd like a wet glue too, to give me time to readjust stuff if I need to.
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2016, 09:52 PM   #28  
Die Cut Diva

Ok, after reading back over this thread, I'm definitely going to try some Tombow Mono Multi.. as long as I can find it. And I might try a good runner... but Idk.. do I need more than just the Tombow??
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2016, 01:00 AM   #29  
Die Cut Diva

You can get the Tombow Mono Multi from Amazon, it's where I get mine from. We don't have the big box stores over here.
Glue, like ink, often comes down to personal preference, and especially what you want to do with it.
For me, basics would be DST, glue dots, silicone glue and then either Mono Multi/Quickie Glue pen or Glossy accents. That should cover most sticking necessities.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2016, 07:59 PM   #30  
Die Cut Diva

Thanks Shaz, I've been watching youtube videos. Comparing different adhesives.. I'm definitely going to try Tombow mono multi, I have some glue dots, and pop up dots.

What is DST? I also saw Glossy Accents reviewed and I put it on my wish list. lol
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2016, 01:13 AM   #31  
Die Cut Diva

DST- Double Sided Tape. I still prefer that, I've never gone over to the ATG, although I know people who love them. Just call me old school.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2016, 10:04 AM   #32  
Die Cut Diva

Oh, duh.. haha. Sorry.. I was trying to figure it out last night without having to go to the list of acronyms. lol Isn't the double sided tape the same thing as the ATG? I use little tape runners now, but they aren't very forgiving. Once it's down it's down.
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2016, 10:23 AM   #33  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamsInPinkView Post
Oh, duh.. haha. Sorry.. I was trying to figure it out last night without having to go to the list of acronyms. lol Isn't the double sided tape the same thing as the ATG? I use little tape runners now, but they aren't very forgiving. Once it's down it's down.
The double sided tape is like Scotch tape, but is sticky on both sides, and usually comes in a regular tape dispenser.

The ATG is a sticky tape that comes on a big roll, with a liner on one side and the "sticky" on the other. When you use the tape gun (ATG) the sticky part goes down on your paper, and the liner part winds around a spool on the gun.

I don't think either of these is "forgiving." You do have a little bit of "wiggle time" with liquid adhesive, like Tombow Mono Multi.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2016, 10:24 AM   #34  
Gallery Gazer

Some tape runners are kind and forgiving, some not. : ) Part of the reason I use the one I use (linked above) is b/c you can pull the paper off and rub off tape/adhesive, but when you place the paper correctly and press down it's stuck very well.

You can also lay down a tiny square. So if a bit of paper isn't stuck down, I can gently lift it up, lay down a square, press the paper back down, and rub off the bits that are outside the card. (Or I might use Ranger Multi Medium Matte for that.)

https://www.amazon.com/Tombow-Runner...ow+tape+runner

I use the Ranger Multi Medium Matte more often than Tombow Mono Multi, though I think the Tombow Mono Multi is excellent, because the Ranger also sticks very well, but if a tiny bit gets on the paper, because it's matte, you don't see it. And it wipes off easily, even with my hand. There's time to reposition, though you can with Tombow Mono Multi too.

I also use Scor-Tape - just depends on the project.

Love adhesives!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2016, 10:39 AM   #35  
Die Cut Diva

Thanks Bugga for clarifying that for me. I don't see me ever using the ATGs, as they seem huge! lol I'd bumble it for sure. ;) I like the tap runners, but with them being so unforgiving, I place my layers in a strange way... I lay a layer down on the base paper, get it where I want it, then I hold one side of it down with my left hand while also lifting the other side and then I run the runner on the base paper and stick the layer.. then do the same thing with the other side. :rolleyes: Let me just say, and pardon my language here, This way sucks!

I definitely need a new method.. which is why I thought if I had something liquid, with just a teeny bit of wiggle time, I'd be much better off.

Beth, I do have some removable adhesive in a runner. I just haven't used it much yet. Maybe I'll try your method on the next card I make.
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2016, 10:46 AM   #36  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamsInPinkView Post
Thanks Bugga for clarifying that for me. I don't see me ever using the ATGs, as they seem huge! lol I'd bumble it for sure. ;) I like the tap runners, but with them being so unforgiving, I place my layers in a strange way... I lay a layer down on the base paper, get it where I want it, then I hold one side of it down with my left hand while also lifting the other side and then I run the runner on the base paper and stick the layer.. then do the same thing with the other side. :rolleyes: Let me just say, and pardon my language here, This way sucks!

I definitely need a new method.. which is why I thought if I had something liquid, with just a teeny bit of wiggle time, I'd be much better off.

Beth, I do have some removable adhesive in a runner. I just haven't used it much yet. Maybe I'll try your method on the next card I make.
The pink Tombow runner isn't removable adhesive. You just can reposition it if careful until you're ready for it to be permanent.

You might want to watch the Jennifer McGuire video where she shows it - it would clarify. You can forward to about 10:30, where it starts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2016, 05:54 PM   #37  
Forum Fanatic

I had to come back to add another excellent glue. I used this glue at a retreat this spring and loved it but forgot all about getting some. I bought some and yowza, it's still as wonderful as I remembered.

It's very thick and you only need a tiny bit for a strong hold. I squeeze out a small amount (less than a dime) and then apply dots with a toothpick. It dries matte and is easy to clean off your fingers. I'm using it for attaching paper flowers or other paper embellishments. I haven't tried it with buttons, etc. but I imagine it will be great. You have a little time to move it but once it's dry it down for good.

Also, because it's in a tube there isn't any clogging.

https://www.elizabethcraftdesigns.co...ds-choice-glue
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2016, 07:02 PM   #38  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
The pink Tombow runner isn't removable adhesive. You just can reposition it if careful until you're ready for it to be permanent.

You might want to watch the Jennifer McGuire video where she shows it - it would clarify. You can forward to about 10:30, where it starts.
Sorry, meant to mention it's the video in message 21, too late to edit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2016, 07:38 PM   #39  
Stazon Splitcoast

ATG and Mono Military most of the time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2016, 09:11 PM   #40  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post

Why did you quote me there? lol I didn't think the pink Tombow was removable.. The removable one I was referring to was a tape runner.. with little dots.. that you can rub away. ;)
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
Reply With Quote Likes