Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-08-2006, 10:01 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Cool What is sizzix compatable with?

I have TON of sizzix.. I love using them- the alphabets, alpha bars, dies, borders embossing folders etc... I see so many other machines now on the market.. I am die cut machine illiterate.. Isnt/wasnt sizzix part of elllison? Ellison NEVER mentions sizzix on the web or on their products.. Are the ellison dies usable in the sizzix? What about the acucut dies? Do sizzix dies work in the new larger elison machine? UGH ~ I have so many questions?? I would love my sizzix to be able to go on a larger page such as a greeting card or scrapbook page instead of just the size of the sizzix pad.. or emboss on a larger page... but the machine is too small.. Any suggestions? Anyone filled with knowledge/experieince that can share.. Is this making sense?
Old 02-08-2006, 11:45 AM   #2  
luvstochatchatCHAT

www.sizzix.com is where I go!

I don't know about a bigger machine...seems like they have one out now...The Boss or something? Don't know if it's on the web or not!

Sorry I can't help more! I just cut my CS down, but rarely as I save all my scraps and usually find one that fits, LOL!

Good luck!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-08-2006, 12:51 PM   #3  
Kookie Creator

I just sold my sizzex machine because I had it for a year and never used it. I had seen some new machines coming out that I thought looked neat so I'll probally buy one with the Sizzex money. Anyway where I'm going with this is...I heard from my friend that they are now going to stop selling the Sizzex die's. Is this true? Does anyone know this?
Old 02-08-2006, 12:56 PM   #4  
Watercolor Wizard

I think you can use Sizzix with every machine including the new Ellison Big One apart from Quickutz if you have the right adapter. You will not need an adapter with the Ellison machine.
Ellison have just brought out new dies that are too big for the Sizzix, they will only fit in their new machine.
And Sizzix have just brought out borders that will only work in the Sidekick and not the main machine. But I don't know if the borders will work with any other make.
Looks like the die cut market got a whole lot more complicated!
A friend told me that Ellison and Sizzix fell out and so they will each be doing their own thing.

Last edited by Ally; 02-08-2006 at 01:00 PM..
Old 02-08-2006, 12:56 PM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Ellison's site says that Sizzix dies are compatible with their new die cut machine, The Big Shot. Here's the link: The Big Shot
I've seen the Big Shot online at Joann.com but I don't know if or when it will be in their stores. I don't know anything about Ellison discontinuing the Sizzix dies, but nothing would surprise me.

Wild Rose Stamper blog
SCS gallery
Old 02-08-2006, 02:19 PM   #6  
luvstochatchatCHAT

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessrose21
Ellison's site says that Sizzix dies are compatible with their new die cut machine, The Big Shot. Here's the link: The Big Shot
I've seen the Big Shot online at Joann.com but I don't know if or when it will be in their stores. I don't know anything about Ellison discontinuing the Sizzix dies, but nothing would surprise me.
That's the one I was thinking of! Thanks!
Old 02-09-2006, 09:27 PM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

I just got the Big Shot for my birthday and it compatiable with my old Sizzix. I do know that Ellision is the designer of the Sizzix but they are more for the educational field. I am totally in love with my BG since the cutting system is in the middle so the BG has better balance. It is not top heavy like the Sizzix. They are offering a lot of dies and the price is wonderful! I also know that if you wait for the 40% coupon at Joanne's (I signed up for the e-newsletter so that I could get wonderful discounts for online only) and it was only 71.99! Otherwise the best prices in Shop at Home Tv! Their regular prices is in the $90's!

Hope this helps!
Old 02-10-2006, 03:19 AM   #8  
Watercolor Wizard

Ellison usually makes heavy wood/steel industrial dies. Schools/churches usually order them. We have them at work and they are wonderful but gosh soooo pricey. An Ellison die runs from $30 to $150 or better depending on the die. No wood/steel Ellison dies cannot be used in sizzix, and the plastic/steel sizzix dies should not be used in an Ellison.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:33 AM   #9  
Kookie Creator

Smile

How much bigger is the new one than the sizzix.. They advertise 20% but to me thats not too much.. I would love to be able to die cut a card or a scrapbook page.. thats the downfall with the sizzix- it uses just pieces of paper...
Old 02-10-2006, 05:43 AM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

In looking at the Ellison model I don't like that it looks like it is constructed of all plastic and the fact it is crank operated is also a draw back to me. I'll stick with my Wizard (as it is metal and has a ratchet type handle), my conventional Sizzix and my Sidekick!
Fran #1698
Matt Kenseth- GO #17