Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-02-2004, 04:57 PM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Versamark 101: Help Needed

Hi,

I have just spent a few hours viewing lots of wonderful cards in the Gallery -- wow! Many of them mentioned versamark as a supply. As a newbie it was also recommended to me in an earlier post that a versamark pad might be a good starting place. I was unsuccessful in my search through the posts to find the most basic information on versamark such as: what is it, how does it work, what are some beginniner techniques to use for it, is the marker necessary. What are some pitfalls (residue on stamp or cleaning)?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

~Amy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2004, 05:13 PM   #2  
Crimping Master

Default Versamark

Hi Amy! Compared to some on this site, I'm fairly new to stamping as well (2-3 years), but I do have and use Versamark!

Versamark is basically a clear, sticky "ink." I use it in a few different ways:
1) Embossing - Rub embossing buddy or used dryer sheet over area to be stamped (this will cause the embossing powder to stick only to the stamped image), stamp your image using Versamark, sprinkle emobssing powder over image, shake off excess, heat with heat gun until you see it "change" and then, voila!!

2) Watermark - This technique works especially well on darker colors, but you can try it anywhere! Simply stamp image using versamark and you get a cool, watermarked image - great for backgrounds!

3) Chalk over - Stamp image in versamark and using a q-tip, rub chalk over the image - this is a cool effect.

I know there are TONS of other uses, but these are the ways I use it mainly. I'm sure the other stampaholics will give you (and me!!) some other great ideas!!

Good Luck!!

Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel
Will I dance for you Jesus or in awe of you be still?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2004, 05:31 PM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

You can also use the versamark with pearl ex. Stamp your image with the versamark and then use a brush to rub dry pearl ex onto the image.

It is an absolute staple! I encourage ALL of my customers to use a versamark, it has so many uses, you really get a bang for your buck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2004, 05:42 PM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

You can also stamp image with versamark then put heat and stick powder on it and heat it then you can adhere glitter to it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2004, 09:27 PM   #5  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amy.....are you a DEMO? there is a great tip sheet in the demo forum.

I love this pad. I can honestly say that i could not live without it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2004, 09:31 PM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

I encourage all the new people I come in contact with to get this. I use it almost everytime I stamp in one way or another. :lol:

SAHM to Dominik 1/1/00 & Alyssa 3/8/01
www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/smartinez182

Go Beavers!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2004, 11:16 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Oh my! I use my versamark for SOMETHING practically every time I sit down to stamp. I won't go into all the things it can do cause you'll find tons of tip sheets/links on that, but my only complaint is the sticky stuff it leaves on your stamps. I use baby wipes to get it off, bit it can build up and for that I use Undo on a qtip to get it off, and stamps are good as new again. Lots of fun stuff to do with it, it should be in every stampers tool box.

"Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort" - Franklin D. Roosevelt

http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.com/go/londonrain
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2004, 03:15 AM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

VersaMark is just one of the "essentials" for any stamper at any level of experience. Order it you will love it (many ideas have been mentioned in other posts). I don't think that I could live without mine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2004, 05:51 AM   #9  
Embossing Fanatic

Thanks so much everyone! This has been very helpful. I have just added it to my next wish list. :P
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2004, 06:00 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Amy,

Here is the information that I have on Versamark. It is rather long but very helpful.

Versatile VersaMark . . .
One Pad Many Great Uses

1. A TRULY CLEAR EMBOSSING PAD — Use like you would the Top Boss. Just stamp and emboss with colored powder or clear powder for a see through shine.

2. A WATERMARK — This is great for backgrounds, it will deepen the shade of colored paper wherever you stamp. Just think about this, for every color of paper you own, you now have a complementary color of ink!

3. POPPIN’ PASTELS — There are a couple of ways to accomplish this effect on light colored card stocks. 1.) Apply chalks to the area to be stamped, stamp with VersaMark and allow to dry or use heat gun. Then rub gently with a clean cotton ball. You can get a dramatic effect by adding more chalk to a cotton ball or dauber after you stamped with the VersaMark. Or you can emboss while stamped image is still wet with clear embossing powder and the image will jump out at you! 2.) Stamp first then chalk
gently over the stamped area and watch the image “magically�? appear. You can follow this same
technique but replace Pearl Ex Pigment Powders in place of chalks.

4. REVERSE PASTELS (AKA PULLIN’ PASTELS) — This time you use brightly colored chalk to cover dark colored card stock (Basic Black, Night of Navy, Close to Cocoa, Old Olive, etc.) and then stamp over the chalked area. The ink will pull out the color of the paper from beneath the chalk. Be sure to clean the stamp before re-inking it as the chalk you removed is now on your stamp and you will dirty your VersaMark pad.

5. SHADOWING — This is a technique to use with Spectrum pads and word stamps but you can use it for anything really. Just stamp directly over your first image. Because you will seldom be exact you will make a shadow that gives the initial image a 3-D effect. You can even take it a step further and emboss with a transparent powder like Pearl or Iridescent Ice.

6. BRAYER RESIST — This technique looks great when done with VersaMark. Stamp image(s) onto Glossy White card stock. Gently wipe away the ink using a lotion-free tissue and small circular motion. Ink up your brayer and roll it over the paper. Wherever the VersaMark ink was stamped, the paper will resist the colored ink from your brayer. This works on matte card stock but looks better on glossy.

7. VERSAMARK & 2-STEP STAMPIN — Stamp the same image first w/VersaMark & then with metallic (Encore). Just shift the image a little bit when stamping the metallic ink. It gives it a shadowed look. Looks great on baroque burgundy and forest foliage!

8. EMBOSSING ON GLASS — Using the embossing buddy first, then using the VersaMark to stamp the image on a glass container, then emboss with detail gold or silver. Fill it with candy and tie a ribbon on it.

9. EMBOSSING WITH YOUR 48 STAMPIN! UP PADS — Ink your stamp with VersaMark, then stamp on one of our 48 color pads or you can use a dauber to apply the color ink if you are worried about the color pad. Stamp and use clear embossing powder. Heat. Now you can emboss and be perfectly coordinated with the SU! Markers, cardstock and ink pads. Be certain to clean stamp before re-inking on VersaMark pad or you will leave color on it.

10. DISCREET JOURNALING LINES — Although the VersaMark ink is sticky when applied, it dries like regular ink and loses the stickiness. It is Acid-free and safe for scrapbook pages. It works perfectly on all of our colored cardstock.

11. BATIK TECHNIQUE — Simply stamp your image using Versamark on ultrasmooth white or confetti or some other light CS and then emboss with clear embossing powder. Let cool. Then gently wad paper into a ball or you could fold it into a small square for a different look. Unfold it and smooth it out. Place it on a towel and wet with water so the paper is very damp. Next ink your brayer with a Spectrum pad and brayer across the paper. The image will stay white while the ink will seep into cracks and the rest of the paper will have a batik look. (Like back in the 70’s when you applied wax to a pattern on a shirt and then dipped it in dye, cooled and chipped the wax away. Like far out man!)

12. EMBOSSING BRADS — Another great use for versamark... Take a brass fastener, pinch it in a clothes pin, dip the head in versamark, then dip in embossing powder, heat with heat gun, while powder is still wet, dip again in embossing powder & heat one last time. After it cools down you will have a nice enamel type colored coating on your fastener.

13. PRESERVING CHILDREN’S HAND PRINTS — Versamark is a great pigment ink to use on little kids' hands to make embossed hand prints, because it is clear and cleans up easily. Grown-ups should do the embossing of the sweet little hand prints since the powder can be messy and the heat gun is hot. But let the little ones watch their handprint turn to gold or silver before their eyes — they LOVE it! And I'm sure you can imagine how the moms, dads, or grandparents will love their precious one's little handprint preserved in gold!

14. HEAT & STICK — Use it with heat and stick powder to add glittery glitz or flocking to any project.

15. A PROTECTIVE COATING FOR SCISSORS — Rub on your Craft & Rubber Scissors and it will keep them from getting all gunky with sticky stuff.

16. CLEAR EMBOSS RESIST — Use it with clear embossing powder on white, vanilla, naturals, confetti, kraft or any soft colored paper. Then sponge over the clear embossed image and watch it pop out.

17. POLY SHRINK — Use it on poly shrink projects. After you shrink your item press it into the versamark pad. Add the clear or translucent powder of your choice and heat. Repeat till you get the thickness and look you want.

18. FULL COVERAGE EMBOSSING — Brayer with the versamark over a stamped image and use glassy glaze embossing powder. This will give you an all over gloss. Repeat till it is the thickness you want.

19. SOOT STAMPING — Hold glossy card stock over an oil lamp with the flame turned up high to leave deposits of soot on it. Using a clean stamp, ink it with the versamark pad and then stamp on the soot. The stamp removes the soot and leaves a bit different effect than if you stamp with just the bare rubber. Be sure to clean stamp inbetween EACH time you stamp on your soot project so you won't get any of it on your VM pad. You must then spray with a fixative.

20. VERSAMARK IS FOR KIDS!! Versamark is a GREAT kid's inkpad. Just let the little ones stamp their little hearts out without ever worrying about an ink mess on those precious little hands or faces or table . . . or anything else for that matter! It doesn't stain the wood on the stamps either. Encourage your young ones to watch for the "magic ink" . . . Just a second of waiting and they will see the image magically appear. This is great for elementary students in a classroom sitting too.

VersaMarker . . . Great Uses

* Use it on dark cardstock to add details - such as stitch marks, dots or other designs.
* Great for embossing personal messages.
* Use it to create subtle lines for journaling in your scrapbook.
* Great for creating shadows for stamped images or stamped greetings.
* Use it to touch up any broken lines or thin spots that were “missed�? during the standard heat
embossing process. Just touch it to the thin spots, sprinkle on a little more powder and heat it.
Now you have a solidly embossed image.

VersaMark Re-Inker In Wheel Cartridges

YES you can ink up an empty Stampin' Around cartridge with the VersaMark ink! As a matter of fact, I now only use VersaMark ink for all my (clear) embossing needs. I have said “so long�? to my old clear embossing inks that were never really clear anyway.

Here are some ideas for using the wheel when inked with the VersaMark refill:

* Doing this allows you to make your own designer background paper for scrapbooking. Or roll a whole sheet of card stock at once and cut it into 1/4 sheet size and now you have the first layer for 4 quick cards.

* Ink up your cartridge with VersaMark and roll onto card stock. Then use your chalks and sponge applicator to do the Poppin’ Pastels technique. This makes a great background or foreground to attach to any card.

* Create some Pearl Ex "Zing". The VersaMark ink is the best ink to use when doing the dry application method with Pearl Ex. Simply roll your versamark inked wheel onto your paper and use a soft bristled paint brush to apply the Pearl Ex powder. You will be amazed with how easy this is and how stunning the results!

* Use it to create Quick Wrappers:
~ Make candy bar wrappers. You can even sprinkle on embossing powder and heat set if you choose. Sprinkle on several different colors of embossing powder for a trendy look.
~ Make a wrap around for a candle. Roll onto card stock and mix several colors of embossing powder to create your own special design. I love the look I achieved when mixing white with red and using that in conjunction with the Candy Cane Christmas Wheel or the Candy Wheel. Then wrap around a matching red candle and tie with Raffia.

* Roll onto Vellum and emboss with gold embossing powder. This technique makes beautiful tea light lamp shades or is a great way to add a front layer to that special wedding card.

Tips:
* When inking a dry cartridge for the first time it may take several hours for the VersaMark ink to fully penetrate the cartridge. The VersaMark is a very thick ink and it takes time to sink into the sponge in the cartridge, but with patience it'll be worth the effort!

* Here is a little "trick" you may want to try to ink the cartridge for the first time ONLY. . . before inking with the VersaMark put a little standard clear embossing ink refill onto the dry cartridge but only enough to moisten it. Then slowly add the VM section by section rolling the wheel with your finger until you have completed inking the entire wheel.

* You may need to re-ink before every use. You will get much clearer lines and deeper images.
I use the stipple brushes we sell on page 230 to apply the pearl ex where I've stamped with Versamark and it works great! Stipple it on, then brush off the excess.
I also use the VersaMark pad and the stipple brushes we sell. I apply the Pearl Ex in a gentle (gentle, but not slow) circular motion, then brush off the excess using the same brush. I have no trouble at all with excess staying around except with the 'Antique Gold' but since that wasn't a favorite of mine, I just don't use it.
I stamped bug bldrs on taken with teal c.s. with versamark. Then used makeup applicator to smear on pearl ex powders (spring green, brilliant yellow and flamingo pink)all on the image. Then tried to wipe off/brush off excess. It was no use the pearl ex seemed to have settled onto the c.s. around the image. If anyone has any hints to correct this problem, I would much appreciate the advice. In other words, I have no idea how to do this technique correctly with the pearl ex powders.
I love to use versamark too! Those pens are so nice to directly use on projects and no major mess to clean up especially at demos. But as far as the pad goes, the best way I found to clean it up easily is to spray the stampin' mist directly on the stamp. I found any type of pigment inks or metallics needs the dose of stampin' mist directly on the stamp and not just a little rub on a sprayed stampin scrub pads. If on hand I do use paper towels to help wash off a majority of the versamark off the rubber stamp after the initial dose of sprayed mist on the rubber stamp.
Versatile VersaMark®

Ronda
Stampin Up! Demo
www.stampinabcs.stampinup.net
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2004, 07:04 AM   #11  
Mad Swapper

Ronda, thanks for sharing that comprehensive list! I love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2005, 12:16 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Versamark

What a great list! I forget all the things you can do with Versamark. I think I will chalange myself to try everyone of them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2005, 05:09 PM   #13  
Insane Embellisher

wow!!! Thanks for the list!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2005, 07:24 PM   #14  
Die Cut Diva

Wink

Oh my gosh! I am just doing a search for brayers... and this great list on Versamark by Ronda has me feeling like I hit a jackpot!!
thank you for such a comprehensive list... I LOVE the idea of using it for my babies handprints and feet! (Now people don't have to wonder what I've been up to... haha~ and embossed in gold or copper oh, I can't wait for the morning...)
Thank you,
Laurie
ps~do you have a similar list for brayers... haha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2005, 07:31 PM   #15  
Insane Embellisher

Default 50+ Ways to Use your Brayer

Here's your brayer list! Wish I remembered where I got this so I could give credit!
Anita

50 ways to use Brayer

1.Stripes: using markers, make stripes on your brayer (this works best if you lie it on its back and
turn the roller while holding the marker) all the way around until the beginning
and ending stripe meet. Roll brayer across your paper in whatever direction you desire.

2. Squiggles (technical term): Repeat the same process as for Stripes but make wavy lines instead
of straight

3. Confetti/Dots/Raindrops: Randomly make marks on your brayer with your marker (you can
use different colors) all over the entire roller. Then roll away.

4. Plaids: Same as with the markers for Stripes except criss cross pattern.

5. Plaids: You could also outline the stripes for your plaids with the smaller tip of your marker to
make the plaid/stripes stand out more.

6. Plaids: Rainbow/Kaliedacolor plaids are made with the brayer being rolled over a KC pad
several times then brayering over your paper. Repeat as necessary for the desired depth of color
and surface coverage. Then repeat the process in the opposite direction.

7. KC Backgrounds: Same as above just don't create a plaid design. This works great for those
scenery or landscape cards.

8. Reverse/mirror Image: Color your stamp, rubber side up and roll the brayer over the image
several times, then roll over your paper (works great with trees, flowers etc). You
can also add this technique to the above KC backgrounds for a great scenic card.

9. Mirror Image: If you have an image that you want to face each other say the Pig from Farm
Fun.....you would brayer over the stamp like above and then roll onto your paper then stamp the
original pig image nose to nose with the first.

10. Kissing: Brayer over a background stamp like Pindot./Plaids then use your other stamps like
the Seasonal Solid and stamp onto the background stamp then stamp
onto your card stock - your solid stamp now has a design and you have just multiplied your uses
of one set.

11. Ghosting: Stamp an image on your card (say the Snowflake from the "Snowflake" set)
several times in clear embossing ink. (DO NOT EMBOSS) Then brayer over your
invisible images with regular dye pad and your snowflakes will start to appear.

12. Resist: Works best with glossy paper, you will need to choose your resist medium, ink, wax
or other. I tried with the metallic pens (looked different) What happens is that you color on the
glossy card stock with the pens anyway, or pattern then you use the same technique as the
ghosting by brayering over with a different color. The pattern that you
drew or colored will not let the brayered ink to absorb through the card stock therefore comes the
resist". (this category could actually count for about 10 different ways to ove your brayer as you
are only limited by your imagination on what you choose as your resist medium) Others to try:

13. Oil colored pencils (work best with regular matte finished papers);

14. Crayons;

15. Wax paper;

16. Metallic pens;

17. Ink;

18. Resist ink;

19. Emboss ink (try the emboss pens to write a hidden message)

20. Rubber cement;

21. Masking fluid

22. White out/correction pen;

23. Gel pens;

24. Wax resist sticks;

25. Deka paint (for fabric - much harder to do).

26. Another "Resist" able technique: crumple a piece of wax paper; iron (on hottest setting/no
steam) wax paper onto white card stock (be sure to use an additional sheet of card stock between
the wax paper and iron); press for only 2-3 seconds - this will transfer the wax to both sheets of
card stock (if you iron too long the wax will be absorbed into the paper) Ink your brayer and then
brayer over card stock. The brayer will resist laying color where the was paper has left its design
(makes a great background paper)

27. Another variation to the above is to use your stylus tool and with the wax paper on the
card stock use the tip of your stylus to write your own message or draw your own design - brayer
over to reveal your design or message.

28. Use your brayer for those big background stamps to get an all over inking.

29. You could also use the same technique as above for those bigger solid images that you want
to emboss. Brayer over the image with the emboss pad for an even/smoother finish.

30. Put a piece of cheesecloth down and brayer over the cheesecloth for a different effect.

31. Try the same as above with lace doilies.

32. Lace

33. Bubble wrap

34. Brayer over a leaf (two ways to do this: place card stock over leaf or other nature finds and
bring out the textured surfaces below; or use the reverse/mirror image echnique to pick up the
pattern of your nature find.)

35. Joseph's Coat: Brayer with a KC pad and cover the entire area of your card (glossy
works best). Emboss your image with clear embossing powder/ink on top of the area
colored (this technique works best with the more solid image stamps like the tent from Roughin
It or the Kids Prints). Then ink your brayer with Black or Navy (the darker the better) and cover
the entire card again with this new color. Let the overcoat of ink dry, then buff the card with a
paper towel to remove excess ink. What happens is that your KC color will then shine through.
Just think of a great landscape card with stars in the sky and trees) WOW!!

36. Ink up your brayer with embossing ink and roll over the entire card then emboss with
clear powder

37. Brayer an intense/brilliant color on glossy card stock then use a speckle background
stamp and clear emboss ink, stamp then emboss with Rainbow Razzle or other multi
colored emboss powder. When you heat it will bring out the beautiful play in colors.

38. Watercolor brayer: Ink your brayer with a rainbow pad or markers, then spritz with a water
bottle, then roll out for a very pretty watercolor look. LUCITE/ACRYLIC:

39. Wrap saran wrap around your brayer for another unique background

40. Try fabric netting or the netting from bags of oranges or marbles as above.

41. Cheesecloth another unique background

42. Try string

43. Yarn

44. Crochet yarn

45. Try the new Encore pads and rolling it out onto liquid appliqu� for a faux suede look.

46. Crinkle up a piece of Mulberry paper, ink up your brayer with the new Encore pads and
give your Mulberry paper that guilded look.

47. Faux Suede - squeeze brown liquid appliqu� on wax paper or aluminum foil. Roll the brayer
until it is coated and smooth. Roll an even coat of the liquid appliqu� on your cut out image (try
the gingerbread man die cut) let it set for a minute then heat. This will give you a nice suede feel.
Try it with different colors. But be sure to clean your brayer right
away.

48. Use your acrylic brayer with pigment ink on glossy (takes a little while to dry) don't roll use
a quick sliding motion to brush the inked brayer across the card stock, wiggle if you want (the
brayer silly!) You can make some awesome plaids or sunbursts.

49. Try the same technique above but tap the brayer around in different areas for an all over
colorburst.

FOAM ATTACHMENT
50. Use your foam brayer for an all over airbrush effect.

51. Use your foam brayer with your stencils.

52. Use with the KC pads for rainbow effect.

53. Use your foam brayer with markers for an interesting look. I've heard that you can make
some great tortoise shell, leopard or gemstone looks on glossy card stock.

54. You can also use the spritz technique with the foam brayer for a watercolor effect.
ACRYLIC ATTACHMENT

55. Roll out paper clay

56. Put rubberbands around brayer and ink up with ink and brayer onto card stock

57. Put rubberbands around brayer and ink up with ink and brayer in various directions making
plaid or various diagonal lines

58. Use your acrylic brayer to make sharp creases in your card stock
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2005, 08:31 PM   #16  
Cardstock Collector

Default WOW!!

Thanks,

I had know idea!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2005, 01:07 AM   #17  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default versa mark

Boy, I need to try all of the things on both list that were written on this page. Thanks so much for the help!

Liz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2005, 01:53 PM   #18  
Matboard Maniac

this is not exactly the same as the one above...hope there is some other stuff in here to help you...
Attached Files
File Type: doc versamark.doc (21.5 KB, 8 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2005, 04:12 PM   #19  
Glitter Queen

Wow you guys really know your stuff... I read the post and shake my head at the wealth of knowledge.... Like like SU College LOL ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2006, 06:37 PM   #20  
Die Cut Diva

so, i didn't have time to go through this thread...just wanna throw my two cents in...I LOVE my versamark. i will NEVER be without it again. i don't know what i did without it. emboss resist and versamark resist are some GREAT techniques.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2007, 12:29 PM   #21  
Polyshrink Goddess

Amy-THANK YOU for asking this question. This was really informative. I can't wait to order mine!
http://lyricalstamper.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2007, 05:13 PM   #22  
Crimping Master

Hmm I want to try the embossing brads, that sounds neat! I love my versamark pad, btw you can get it at Michaels etc. Dont have to wait to order it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2007, 08:48 PM   #23  
KJ
Matboard Maniac

Great stuff, thanks for sharing!!!

Anthrogirl - thanks for asking the question. I tell my students that the only stupid question is the one they don't ask. You just proved me right. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2007, 10:43 PM   #24  
Insane Embellisher

subscribing. Thanks for the great tips!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2007, 08:09 AM   #25  
Cardstock Collector

Talking

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

I had just called yesterday to ask if this was possible.

I am ordering a jumbo wheel and didn't want to commit to just one color. I thought it would be great to use the Versa Mark on colored cardstock to get whatever color I wanted.

My SU girl wasn't sure, but was calling others to find out. It was something she hadn't thought of.

Thanks also for the great comprehensive list of uses for VM & the brayer!

I am VERY new to all of this and appreciate all of your ideas & tips!

Thanks again!

~Megan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2007, 08:29 AM   #26  
Compulsive Stamper

subscribing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 08:16 AM   #27  
Kookie Creator

subscribing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2007, 10:04 AM   #28  
Rubber Obsessor

Good night those were some long lists of good ideas! I especially like the idea of stamping my boys hands. As soon as naptime is over I'm going to get them involved at my desk and we'll make handprints to hang on the tree. (May be a nice yearly activity to see how they grow!)

You Can Stamp It,come for ideas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2007, 05:34 PM   #29  
Compulsive Stamper

The VersaMark pad is the only one I let my 3-year-old use. I gave him his own sponge dauber and his own chalks. He loves stamping then daubing the chalk over the image. He is actually pretty good at it. He wants to stamp when I do usually so I have his little area right by mine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2007, 06:10 PM   #30  
Cardstock Collector

Amazing! I think someone read my mind. I just asked a long time stamping friend about versamark! Now Iam ready to try that too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2007, 07:38 PM   #31  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by londonrainView Post
Oh my! I use my versamark for SOMETHING practically every time I sit down to stamp. I won't go into all the things it can do cause you'll find tons of tip sheets/links on that, but my only complaint is the sticky stuff it leaves on your stamps. I use baby wipes to get it off, bit it can build up and for that I use Undo on a qtip to get it off, and stamps are good as new again. Lots of fun stuff to do with it, it should be in every stampers tool box.

Where you you buy 'Undo'???? I can't find it here in Canada at all and we used to be able to get it. Someone said it's not legal for sale in Canada anymore but I can't imagine why not. If that is the case, does anyone know of a product equivalent?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2007, 07:46 PM   #32  
Kookie Creator

I LOVE this thread!!!! I have such new respect for an old friend - my VersaMark pad! Thankyou all for sharing. You are all amazing, I want you to know you enrich my life and bring a smile to my face every time I log on!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2007, 04:34 AM   #33  
Glitter Queen

Megan, just remember if you are using versamark ink to stamp with your wheels, buy the refill bottle. You have to re-ink the wheel cartridge just about every time you use it. It seems to dry out very quickly, not like the normal coloured ink cartridges. I bought the empty jumbo cartridge and the refill. I gave the cartridge a really good soaking , wrapped it in tinfoil (to help it stop drying out so fast), and left if for several hours. It then worked great but the next time I went to use it, I had to re-ink again. I still keep the cartridge wrapped well in thick foil to help it keep moist for as long as possible. But all this is worth it because I just love the effect of using my wheels with the versa mark. I use if for backgrounds, borders, making my own scrapbook papers etc. Just so versatile. I love the inkpad too and use it a lot. Have fun!
Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2007, 09:19 PM   #34  
Cardstock Collector

I bought my Versa Mark at Michael's and paid over a dollar more for it. I was being impatient that day, but I could have waited to buy it from my demonstrator.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2007, 07:54 AM   #35  
Cardstock Collector

great thread! i have been wanting to learn more about versamark myself!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 08:34 AM   #36  
Rubber Obsessor

Lightbulb

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin foolView Post
Hi Amy,

Here is the information that I have on Versamark. It is rather long but very helpful.

Versatile VersaMark . . .
One Pad Many Great Uses
WOW! What a fabulous list! I'm a new demo and have often wondered about the versatility of the Versamark. Everyone talks about it but never says how they did it! Thank you SO much!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 09:23 AM   #37  
Stazon Splitcoast

Also remember that versamark fades over time. So be careful using it in scrapbooks. What you stamped will disappear in a few years. You'll want to emboss with clear in scrapbooks for longer lasting images.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 09:31 AM   #38  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinCPAView Post
Also remember that versamark fades over time. So be careful using it in scrapbooks. What you stamped will disappear in a few years. You'll want to emboss with clear in scrapbooks for longer lasting images.
That's good information to know. I don't scrapbook but some of my customers might. =)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 10:07 AM   #39  
Watercolor Wizard

SUB>

So many great ideas on here, thanks ladies!!
Reply With Quote Likes