Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-14-2010, 07:34 PM   #81
Crimping Master

I just got all of my unmounted stamps into my Univenture Binders. I am doing this with my {ippity}, Stamping Bella, Rileys, etc. I have only been able to get 3 storage panels per binder, or they are too tight in there. I got 16 sets of {ippity} in 6 binders. Very pleased...thanks you girls for the help.

I pre-posted a blog post about it to go live tomorrow morning.

MY BlogYouTube

Proud to Design for: Scrapbook Blessings Club Craftin Desert Divas Riley & Company Stamps MHK Designs Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-14-2010, 09:07 PM   #82
Rubber Obsessor

I ordered some the larger binder boxes for the 8.5x11 panels, the panels and some EZmount today! I am so excited, the worst part of shopping online is having to wait to play with the goodies! I HATE THAT!
Old 04-15-2010, 06:25 AM   #83
Matboard Maniac

Default Chipboard and Magnets for Nesties

Quote:

Originally Posted by frogwomanView Post
I mounted mine on chipboard and magnets. I can get 8-9 pages of nestabilities per binder. Depending on the size of the nestabilities, I can fit one or two sets per page.
I purchased the larger size UV binder and their cd inserts to try to store my nesties in there. Well was a nice idea, but didn't work so well. Those nesties are heavy when you get them in the pages. I used a stiff cs insert with magnet sheet attached for each set and put them in the cd holders. But the pages are weak and tend to spill out the nesties when I open up the case and start to look through them. So.... this chipboard idea sounds like a good one.

Would you mind giving us more information on how you made those chipboard/magnet holders for your nesties? Would really appreciate the details.

What a great idea for storing your nesties. I have the Univenture binders in a few sizes and I love them! I buy the ones on sale usually the A2 size (think they call it "European" which is slightly larger than 8.5x11. I like these because there is just a slight bit more room for my pages of stamps. I get the thinner ones for special collections where I only want one layer of stamps. The thicker ones I get the white wider A2 size also. They are always on sale for the best price.

Love the quality but I think their shipping is high - but then I usually place a large order when I do order. Right now i have a free shipping coupon from them so that is great and will place another order. I use them also for storing some of my specialty papers that I don't want to fade or get the corners worn... great protection binders. And very nice quality.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:55 PM   #84
Compulsive Stamper

I just found this great thread and wanted to add that I have the mini-binders also, and I use them for rubber stamps, clear stamps, and thin dies like Spellbinders and PaperTrey.

I didn't know the quality of nor did I like the price of the Sunday International sheets, so I decided to make my own using Georgia Pacific white cardstock and my Xyron laminating cartridge. A single layer of cardstock was too flimsy for my taste, so I adhered two half sheets of cardstock to one another and ran that through my Xyron. Since I was making my own, I made sheets that are laminated on both sides for UM rubber and sheets laminated on only one side for clear stamps. That way I don't have to worry about the clear stamps sticking together. However, I found that clear stamps would also stick to the binder cover interior, so I cut down a piece of the Xyron backer sheet and use that between the sticky stamps. I would think that wax paper or freezer paper would work similarly.

As mentioned by previous posters, four layers of rubber is about the limit for the binder. In my clear stamp binders, though, I can get 8 single-side pages. Each page will hold a full PaperTrey set. i have one clear set by Waltzing Mouse, and I must say that it was quite a brain-workout to get her full set on one binder page, but I DID manage it.

To store my metal dies, I also made storage sheets, but I used a center layer of light chipboard (cereal box) covered with GP cardstock on both sides (so it's pretty), and magnetic vent covers cut to the size I like. I only have magnets on the sheet's top side since pages with magnets on both sides would stick to each other in the binder. So far, my Nestie's binder has the full collection (4 sets) of classic circles, the full collection of squares, the full collection of classic ovals, Labels 1, Labels 4, Mega Curved Rectangles, and PaperTrey's Dahlia dies. I'll receive the Butterfly die with my next order, and the binder will be FULL. You've got to admit, though, that's a LOT of dies in a small area.

Yep, love my UniKeep binders.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:33 AM   #85
Compulsive Stamper

I just wanted to mention that a woman on the Buy & Sell board has binders for sale. Click here to go directly to her thread.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:24 PM   #86
Rubber Obsessor

anyone have any coupon codes for univenture? I am about to place an order
Old 06-22-2010, 06:54 AM   #87
Glitter Guru

Free Shipping on $100+ orders*
Please use coupon code: BR4T93R
ends June 28
*continental US only
Old 06-22-2010, 09:14 AM   #88
Forum Fanatic

I have another use for the Univenture binders - they work great to hold ink refills. Put strips of velcro one side of the binder and little strips of the opposite side of the velcro on the refill bottle. Make sure the velcro is on the back side of the bottle so you can see the refill name. If the name was too light to read I wrote on the bottle with a sharpie.
Attached Thumbnails
dscn0403.jpg   dscn0406.jpg   refills.jpg  
Old 06-22-2010, 09:20 AM   #89
Polyshrink Goddess

I received my binders today! Wow, 100 of them took 4 boxes to ship, lol!
I can't wait to get all of my stamps organized!!
Old 06-22-2010, 09:25 AM   #90
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650View Post
I have another use for the Univenture binders - they work great to hold ink refills. Put strips of velcro one side of the binder and little strips of the opposite side of the velcro on the refill bottle. Make sure the velcro is on the back side of the bottle so you can see the refill name. If the name was too light to read I wrote on the bottle with a sharpie.
This would be a great system for glitter glue, too. The bottles could be put in upside down.

I love the Univenture binders because they're square on all sides. They sit well on a shelf no matter how you position them.