Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-10-2018, 07:48 AM   #41
Hardware Hotshot

The tips I mentioned (post #31) have been very easy to use with Ranger Multi Medium Matte and Glossy Accents, and havenít clogged. (Lately Iíve been touching the needle part with two drops of ScraPerfect stamp cleaner after use and think Ultra Clean would work. Itís just for insurance.) The bottles arenít changed - just the tips. They easily come off with pliers or Iíve used scissors to pry them off.

If using away from home I just push the needle in and out a couple times before closing. If i think of it when unpacking when back home, then I touch the stamp cleaner to the needle. And many times I donít. No cleaning other than that.

If getting low in the bottle, this can be used to keep bottles upside while using it: https://www.etsy.com/listing/6225586...&more_colors=1

The Etsy seller didnít know at the time I bought one if the Ranger bottles with the long tips would fit but I ordered one, and the small (0.5 oz) and medium sized (2.0 oz) standard bottles do. She just added them to her compatibility list.

Last edited by bjeans; 09-10-2018 at 08:47 AM.. Reason: wonky spacing - too little/too much, then bad link
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-10-2018, 09:01 AM   #42
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by canada goose View Post
It does help, because since I started doing that with my Tombow for example less clogging. Now that I have said it....it wonít ha

There are certain pens like Wink of Stella that you are supposed to store tip down
I also store my Micron pens this way

Are you not supposed to store SU upside down as well to keep ink on top of pad? I keep all ink pads this way.

I used to, but then an artist at our LSS said she never stored any inks upside down and they were just fine just as long as those others stored upside down. No need to store SU upside down anyway, as their cases keep the pad upside down when closed.
Old 09-10-2018, 11:13 AM   #43
Stampin' Fool

Sorry I forgot a important fact in my comment below. The syringe must to be a luer lock syringe. This works!
A Cardmaking Journey in Progress
Old 09-10-2018, 03:45 PM   #44
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canada goose View Post
... ...
Are you not supposed to store SU upside down as well to keep ink on top of pad? I keep all ink pads this way.
SU ink pads should not be placed upside down for storage. The packaging flips the pad when closed.
Old 09-11-2018, 08:02 AM   #45
Pearl-ExPert

I was told many years ago this info from SU demo friend. I only have a few of their inks and older pads perhaps this was the reasoning she had. Good to know for future purchases.
Old 09-11-2018, 08:26 AM   #46
Crimping Master

I’ve given up on Connect Glue. In addition to the high price I now have to clear the nozzle with a pin each time I use it. I’m talking about every time I pick it up to apply glue onto the same piece of cardstock, approximately three clearings per card. A real pain. I have the same type applicators I bought empty from Impress. I have filled those with a different white glue and am having no problems. Seems like it’s the glue. Although capped maybe the consistency has changed. One of the mysteries.
Old 09-29-2018, 10:14 AM   #47
Die Cut Diva

There are some good tips in this video:
TeeGeeDee, Annecards and Franncy like this post.
Old 09-30-2018, 12:18 PM   #48
Stazon Splitcoast

I basically gave up on glue in fine tip bottles. I just unscrew the lid on the jar of the TH Collage Medium, grab a paint brush and brush the glue on. I set whatever I'm glueing on a piece of wax paper and paint it with the glue. It doesn't matter if some of the collage medium gets on the front of the piece I'm gluing because it's matte. I dab off excess glue with a lint free wipe and it's good to go.

These are the wipes I use. I found them in the garage when we moved into our new house, and tried them. They work great. I looked, and they sell them on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Kimtech-Scien...mtech+kimwipes

Last edited by grateful2bsaved; 09-30-2018 at 12:21 PM..
kazeka likes this post.
Old 10-13-2018, 09:28 AM   #49
Cardstock Collector

Default Glue struggles

I have just started using Art Institute glitter glue and am beyond pleased with it. My LSS didnít stock it so I bought an 8 oz bottle from Amazon that came with three small bottles, all with fine tips. Not a clogged tip in the hours Iíve been using it to assemble items for a craft sale. My opinion is that some of the glues mentioned are just too thick to flow through a fine tip applicator and donít drain back out when the bottle is set upright. The art glitter glue seems to be a bit thinner - perhaps thatís why it canít be shipped in temps below 45 degrees - but it grabs quickly and dries clear. I am assembling little houses and was using the recommended double sided tape - the glue works well and saves the time I spent tearing tape and peeling off the liner strip.
jeanne3579, bencer99 and maryalena like this post.
Old 07-11-2019, 03:10 PM   #50
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by loyce View Post
I am mighty! I just squeezed a clogged. small bottle of Nouvo Drops and it exploded. Who knew I was that strong?!

haha! I did the same with a bottle of Elmer's glue when I crafted with my 5 year old granddaughter. It surprised us both...and glue was EVERYWHERE!
Old 07-11-2019, 03:12 PM   #51
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by grateful2bsaved View Post
I basically gave up on glue in fine tip bottles. I just unscrew the lid on the jar of the TH Collage Medium, grab a paint brush and brush the glue on. I set whatever I'm glueing on a piece of wax paper and paint it with the glue. It doesn't matter if some of the collage medium gets on the front of the piece I'm gluing because it's matte. I dab off excess glue with a lint free wipe and it's good to go.

These are the wipes I use. I found them in the garage when we moved into our new house, and tried them. They work great. I looked, and they sell them on Amazon.
Robot Check

Oh, great idea to put it on waxed paper so your elements don't glue themselves to the surface as you're applying the glue
Old 07-13-2019, 02:48 AM   #52
Die Cut Diva

Just seen this thread, and I bought some bottles with a fine nib from E-bay over a year ago. ( LIink to UK E-Bay)I got 10 bottles for about £2. I'm using Ranger Matte Medium in one, and PVA in the other. After each use, I poke the nib with a pin, then wipe with a baby wipe. So far I've not had either bottle clog on me. They are a lovely soft plastic, so it's easy to squeeze. In fact, the more liquid PVA barely needs any pressure at all. I've had some you need a weightlifters hands to squeeze!
They come with a cover thats attached to the neck by a ring, I've found it's better to snip that through as if you leave it attached it gets in the way.

This is what they look like. I'd highly recommend them.
kazeka likes this post.
Old 07-13-2019, 05:13 AM   #53
Hardware Hotshot

I’ve used the ones Shaz mentioned, and think they’re quite good.

The ones linked to below work better for me. Other companies make them too. I wipe the tip off at the end of a session, and sometimes touch the needle part - which is in the top, not the base - with a dot or two of stamp cleaner. After inserting the needle I just push it back and forth a couple times. No clogging, ever.
Ranger Fine Tip Applicators 0.5 oz. (Gray) - Ellen Hutson LLC

They make them in small and larger sizes.

Last edited by bjeans; 07-13-2019 at 12:59 PM..
kazeka likes this post.