Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-11-2010, 09:40 AM   #1
Cardstock Collector

Default Texture Boutique and Spellbinders

I have been trying to find an answer to this question: Can I use spellbinders dies in the texture boutique? I recently bought a cricut expression, so I'm not really interested in another die cutting machine. I would like the embossing feature though, and I would really like to use some of the label dies from spellbinders. Anyone tried it yet? Thanks for your help!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-11-2010, 10:08 AM   #2
Pearl-ExPert

I don't know if you can or not but you might be better off getting a Cuttlebug. With the Texture Boutique, you can only send the folder through one way, so you can't emboss a card if you are wanting to emboss the whole card front and not a panel. In the Cuttlebug or Big Kick, you open your folded card, put your folder over the entire front, and run it through sideways. You can't run the folders through sideways in the Texture Boutique so all your embossing would have to be on panels only and not on card fronts. Also, you can't use the new Cuttlebug 5x7 embossing folders in the Texture Boutique because it's not wide enough (or so I hear, don't know that for sure but hopefully someone here will know).

I'm a little disappointed they didn't make the opening wider for the Texture Boutique so it could handle the 5x7 folders and folders run through sideways.

So, IMO, get a Cuttlebug. I think you'll be happier being able to use the Nesties and being able to use all the embossing folders, and being able to emboss card fronts and not just panels. You can usually get them with a coupon at Joann or Mike's for a really good price.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:42 AM   #3
Matboard Maniac

I've seen a couple of people say the boutique will cut spellbinders and other wafer thin dies but havent got one to verify.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:22 PM   #4
Glitter Queen

Default texture Boutique

You can emboss a card front with the Texture boutique. There is a pamphlet included with the machine showing you how to do it. You can also emboss with the spellbinders dies. It is only an embossing machine it will not cut.

Last edited by Jodemart; 01-25-2010 at 12:28 PM..