Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-17-2008, 04:10 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Tack N Peel a good idea for Bellas?

Help me! I just ordered a bunch of unmounted Bellas...and I purchased some Tack N Peel at Joanns (which seemed to be what I needed and they didn't have EZ mount) Does this stuff work well? Tell me what you think!!
Thank you!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2008, 05:50 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

I haven't tried the Tack N Peel (yet), but there are a few people on here who have and they like it.

It's a little different from EZ Mount in that you stick the Tack N Peel on the block instead of the back of the stamp. (EZ Mount is applied permanently to the stamp.) The Tack N Peel would certainly be more economical, since you only need enough for the block and you can then use unlimited bare rubber stamps on that block.

I think I remember reading, though, that you don't want to use your acrylic or EZ Mount stamps on the Tack-N-Peel because they'll stick too well. You just would stick those to the opposite, bare side of the acrylic block when you wanted to use them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2008, 06:08 AM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

Thank you so much for responding...That REALLY helps me out!! I would prefer the EZ Mount....but I will just give the tack n peel a try!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2008, 06:37 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

You can also use a strip of double sided tape. I just stick a piece on my acrylic block, then stick the stamp on. Works perfectly, and it's cheap!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2008, 06:41 AM   #5  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Tack N Peel work great! I think you'll be happy with it.

Just don't accidentally stick a clear stamp on it.......don't ask me how I know. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2008, 07:09 AM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

I LOVE tack-n-peel! I had used EZ mount for a long time and still have stamps mounted with that, and I loved it too. But the reason I love tack-n-peel is because I don't have to keep buying stuff to put on the stamps when I get new ones, because the tack-n-peel goes on the block. I think I bought two packages of the tack n peel and put them on all different sizes of blocks. Another reason I like it better is because I store my unmounted stamps in CD cases, and with the EZ mount, I can only fit stamps on one side of the case, where if I dont have to put anyting extra on the stamp, I can fit a layer on each side of the case.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2008, 07:32 AM   #7  
Crimping Master

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

I love the Tack-N- Peel! I have just unmounted all of my stamps except for a few wood ones that don't fit in CD cases, yet are not background stamps. I left my foam on the rubber and then stuck the plastic image sheet on the foam. When I mount them on my acrylic blocks (that are covered with Tack-N-Peel) it is almost like using a clear stamp. I just love stamping this way. I don't know how long the Tack-N-Peel will last, but it sure works great now, and the directions instruct to just wash off the block and let air dry to restore tackiness. So far, I'm a believer!
Annie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2008, 08:23 AM   #8  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManatyGrrlView Post
I LOVE tack-n-peel! I had used EZ mount for a long time and still have stamps mounted with that, and I loved it too. But the reason I love tack-n-peel is because I don't have to keep buying stuff to put on the stamps when I get new ones, because the tack-n-peel goes on the block. I think I bought two packages of the tack n peel and put them on all different sizes of blocks. Another reason I like it better is because I store my unmounted stamps in CD cases, and with the EZ mount, I can only fit stamps on one side of the case, where if I dont have to put anyting extra on the stamp, I can fit a layer on each side of the case.
Do you keep them in the cases with double stick tape? or just lay them in there.....I would think they would just fall out if not stuck somehow. Does it matter?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2008, 08:31 AM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

I use repositionable adhesive (those runner things) to make the bare stamps stick to the cd cases - that way they come off of their pretty easily and dont have any residue stuck on the back of them, and I put the adhesive on the case, not the stamp.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2008, 08:32 AM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

OH, PS - I would think that it wouldnt matter so much for bigger stamps if you just laid them in there without adhesive, but I would be afraid that smaller stamps would fall out. Also, I just like it better to have them stuck to the case and not sliding around in it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2008, 08:43 AM   #11  
Gallery Gazer

That's what I thought you would do but thought I'd not have to reinvent the wheel on my own if someone else already had the experience. I have tons of unmounteds but have just recently gotten the TnP so wanted a good storage idea. TFS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2008, 09:15 PM   #12  
Stampin' Fool

I started with E-Z Mount but the number of binders is growing and there is that space problem again!

I ordered some Tack N Peel and 3 acrylic blocks just for the Tack N Peel.

Can anyone suggest a good storage system for these stamps?

Am I correct in assuming that now the stamps I will use with Tack N Peel have NOTHING on the backs, so it will just be plain rubber?

Has any one tried ordinary ziplock bags, labeled with the name of the set and then just stored in plastic shoe boxes? I need to label the stamps somehow and confine them because I have many SU sets.

Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2008, 05:09 AM   #13  
Stampin' Fool

I put Tack N Peel on two different blocks - one to cover any size Bella stamp and one to cover the smaller sentiments - works great! Right now I'm storing my Bella's in nugget tins. I have one for the fella's, one for the bella's and one for sentiments. It all works great - but I'll be considering other stamp storage for them as my collection grows. Eventually the block with the Tack N Peel will lose some cling - but I was able to scrub it with a baby wipe and it was good as new again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2008, 05:35 PM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

I unmounted all of my rubber stamps, and never mount my new sets. I was a CTMH consultant "back in the day", and liked having the stamps all stuck to carrier sheets, but found the envelopes annoying and space-consuming. CD cases and binders are too bulky for me, as well. My solution was to trim plastic report covers (the heavy ones used in plastic-coil-binding systems) to size, trim acetate the same size, hinge the two together with tape, and use that to hold the stamps. I put double-stick tape on the stamp, stick it to the report cover side and close it up. I used the A-size, B-size, etc. of the
CTMH sets as guides so all the SU sets would be the same sizes to minimize the number of files. I have them in drawers, and I have Tack 'n' Peel on blocks to use them with. Clear as mud? There are pics on my blog:

http://randomonpurpose.typepad.com/r...-a-handle.html

You'll have to scroll down a bit to get to the stamp storage part. I have about 300 stamp sets stored in three drawers (small, nightstand-size drawers)! It's pretty amazing how much space you can save this way!
Reply With Quote Likes