Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-22-2010, 04:23 AM   #41
Polyshrink Goddess

Default su clear stamps

I have plenty of acrylic blocks but the new Stampin up ones are first class! I just ordered two sets so we will see what I can do with them. Also ordered the Chocolate rabbit.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-23-2010, 04:08 PM   #42
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected]View Post
I have plenty of acrylic blocks but the new Stampin up ones are first class! I just ordered two sets so we will see what I can do with them. Also ordered the Chocolate rabbit.
I posted a very similar comment about SU's blocks. They are really, really nice.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:25 PM   #43
Rubber Obsessor

Mine don't stick to the blocks either, unless I press really hard. I don't want to take chances of inked stamp falling off on my paper and messing up a project.
So the stickers are going on the back of the DVD cover and stamps on the inside. This works for now.

I like the suggestion that someone made, where the company prints the image on the cling mount instead of this tedious process of peeling sticking etc etc.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:04 PM   #44
Stampin' Fool

Default no clear mounts in australia

Thanks for the heads up girls, we dont have the clear mount stamps in australia yet, hoping we get them in the autumn mini cat.

But i am wondering if you could stick them, the same way we did the wooden ones and using red sticky on the block and put the sticker on the top of it, like in the old days. Or still mount it the same but with the aide of red sticky.

Not actually seeing them for myself i may be gobbing off a bit here, but i wondered if this would work,
Old 01-24-2010, 04:22 AM   #45
Polyshrink Goddess

You don't have to have blocks but they are nice. YOu can use a cd case to stick them to or even a makeup blush box if you have to.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:15 PM   #46
Polyshrink Goddess

I use my clear mount stamps with the label on assorted acrylic blocks from my stash. They prolly aren't the cleanest blocks either, lol. But I have had no problems with the labeled cling adhering to the block.

This may be why: I usually line my stamps up on a ruled cutting mat, cling side up, then push the acrylic block down on to the stamps instead of vice versa. Doing so might ... might ... be causing just the right amount of pressure to get a good seal between stamp and block.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:28 PM   #47
Polyshrink Goddess

Oops, forget to mention that as for storage, I keep all the rubber sheets that the stamps originally came in and replace the stamps in their respective holes when I'm done stamping. Obviously, they fit perfectly and stay put. Then I flip 'em upside down so I can see the stamps from the bottom of the clear box. Now I can tell what's missing (the large, gaping hole is a big clue), and I can view the set from the top, bottom, and the spine.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:44 PM   #48
Polyshrink Goddess

ZERO stick here! I can't believe these stamps got out the door before they tested that they actually WORK! I have to now take the stickers off because with them on, they don't cling to the block or the inside of the case. By the way, I'm in MN and the humidity in my house is a normal 50% or so. The climate shouldn't have any effect on whether or not the stamps cling or not!
Old 02-10-2010, 12:55 PM   #49
Hardware Hotshot

SU usually has such high quality products. When I get mine and they don't stick I'm writing them....I just can't believe this!!!
Old 02-10-2010, 02:24 PM   #50
Polyshrink Goddess

I dont' have mine yet due to snow. Good thing you people are keeping me up to date.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:49 PM   #51
Stazon Splitcoast

I have no issues with the stamps sticking to the blocks...I love this new system and will order anything available in the clear mount option from now on.
blessings.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:17 PM   #52
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
I have no issues with the stamps sticking to the blocks...I love this new system and will order anything available in the clear mount option from now on.
blessings.
DITTO!!! I love this system and will be buying all my SU stamps this way from now on.

(I didn't apply the labels. I'm comfortable with using UM stamps and the vast majority don't have labels, so not using the SU is no biggie to me.)
Old 02-10-2010, 05:59 PM   #53
Inking Addict

Default huffing

When I went to an intro class with my SU demonstrator she said that they had been told to give a huff on the block before sticking. I was really disappointed in them after that although I do think the acrylic blocks are the nicest I have ever used. Hope this little tid bit helps.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:14 AM   #54
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allistamps123View Post
SU usually has such high quality products. When I get mine and they don't stick I'm writing them....I just can't believe this!!!
They are still high quality. The labels are the problem, not the actually cling. But, many people also have no problem with the labels. You really can get used to using them with no image.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:42 AM   #55
Stazon Splitcoast

I followed a tip from a fellow SCSer. I cut the labeles smaller than the stamp and place them in the middle so there is a cling edge around it. Mine now stick MUCH better doing this way and I get the have the labels on them.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:29 AM   #56
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by meluvstampinView Post
I followed a tip from a fellow SCSer. I cut the labeles smaller than the stamp and place them in the middle so there is a cling edge around it. Mine now stick MUCH better doing this way and I get the have the labels on them.
Oh I like that idea, I'll be using that one. My order just came in and I'll be getting my on the weekend. I've been following this thread for awhile and really like the idea of the image right on the stamp.....I hope SU sits up and takes notice of that one.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:07 AM   #57
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappy knitterView Post
I've never used this glue, and I had never thought of doing this. So my brain started to wonder: could you just put the Tack it Over and Over on your acrylic blocks instead, so that you wouldn't have to do this for each stamp?
I tried this (didn't mix with water) and it was too sticky so I took it off. If you mix with water it might help. I like my blocks looking clean and shiny though so I prefer the glue on the sticker. Because it's gray underneath the glue its not so obvious.

I have a few unmounted sets. I only had a problem with one not sticking. It had smaller images. I think I will put Tack It Over on all my smaller stamps.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:08 AM   #58
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by meluvstampinView Post
Excellent idea! Thanks for sharing this tip. I'll try doing that on my next set!
Old 02-11-2010, 06:48 AM   #59
Polyshrink Goddess

Default cling stamps

Mine are held up in the snow storm. Can't wait to try them.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:00 AM   #60
ch
Mad Swapper

I bought several sets from SU, put the stickers on and have had no problems, they stick fine. I love them!
Old 02-11-2010, 07:30 AM   #61
Stazon Splitcoast

I got 2 clear mount sets...one sticks great ...the other not so great...I am still very happy with them..I love the storage system, and I actually prefer the index sticker...even if it doesn't stick perfectly....
Old 02-11-2010, 07:40 AM   #62
Kookie Creator

I love the acrylic stamps, they did a good job, love, LOVE the storage case but, they definately DO NOT STICK with the sticker on it like it tells you...I wish I would have read the tips before I did mine!! I'll try that next time...
Old 02-11-2010, 09:19 AM   #63
Stampin' Fool

I feel so bad for those of you who are frustrated by the stamps not sticking to the blocks. I just cannot figure out why they aren't sticking for some people and yet doing a great job for others. I even have the image stickers on mine and they stick wonderfully.

The true test came for me last night when I lead the Card Ministry I do at church. We used several phrases, and the ladies LOVED them. Not a one fell off the blocks, even though we inked, stamped and scrubbed repeatedly. The gals told me I needed to buy the rest of our Card Ministry stamps in clear mount because they weren't going back!

I don't do anything different, like trimming the image stickers. The only thing I do is swipe the block on my jeans to get the fingerprints off the surface before I press the block down on top of my image. Oh, and I do avoid touching the cling portion of the stamp because I can't imagine that oily fingerprints on the cling would be a good idea.

Call your demos and ask for help. Any good demo would want to see her customer happy and satisfied with their purchase, otherwise they would be reluctant to purchase again. The demo can't help if they don't know you are unhappy.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:55 AM   #64
Watercolor Wizard

I thought maybe I had a bad batch. I'm a veteran unmounted user and former demo and I have to say, these are crap. They are the worst unmounted stamps I have ever used! They're a bit better without the stickers, but they do not stick with the stickers. Ironically, they stick quite well after you put on the stickers and take them off as the stickers leave some of their tackiness on the stamp! And, my girlfriends that have ordered some have also had the same issues. None of ours are sticking and we ordered them weeks apart.

And really, if you have quality mounting foam and stickers, you do not have a lack of sticking issue. You should be able to touch the "sticky" part and the blocks and still have them stick well. For many, many uses. Yes, you do have to periodically clean unmounted stamps, but these aren't even sticking on the first use! Not to mention that my former upline had them repeatedly fall off of the SU blocks during a stamp club. I mean, really?

I need to call SU and tell them to replace these, I just haven't been able to figure out how to do it nicely. The customer service people are so nice that I feel bad telling them their product is so bad!
Old 02-11-2010, 05:51 PM   #65
Hardware Hotshot

I was at a workshop tonight and they were sticking wonderfully with the sticker and everything. I was very surprised. I've seen them where they won't stick. I've read such terrible reviews on them....too bad and such a good change for SU. I bet they remedy it.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:52 PM   #66
Matboard Maniac

subscribing

If anyone gets a response from SU customer service, please post it here!
Old 02-12-2010, 01:10 AM   #67
Die Cut Diva

How strange that some have no problems sticking and some have nothing but problems sticking. I bought several of the clear sets and have used them all with no problems whatsoever with sticking. Even the really small ones are OK. I'm wondering if it is the blocks that are causing the problems. I used my Demo's blocks and although the blocks felt good and seemed lighter than mine, they weren't sticking all that well. BUT these same stamps are sticking to my old blocks without a problem. Hmmm....
Old 02-12-2010, 02:34 AM   #68
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberLady603View Post
How strange that some have no problems sticking and some have nothing but problems sticking. I bought several of the clear sets and have used them all with no problems whatsoever with sticking. Even the really small ones are OK. I'm wondering if it is the blocks that are causing the problems. I used my Demo's blocks and although the blocks felt good and seemed lighter than mine, they weren't sticking all that well. BUT these same stamps are sticking to my old blocks without a problem. Hmmm....
Oh, that could be. I don't think my demo had hers on SU blocks last night. They were stuck so tight I thought she had them sealed down with something like take it over. My friend who had them falling off had them on the SU blocks. Maybe that's it!
Old 02-12-2010, 02:43 AM   #69
Stazon Splitcoast

the blocks should not make a difference. However, dirty blocks might. I clean mine with Rubbing Alcohol. Wow, what a difference. There's a lot of ink and dirt on my blocks.

I haven't tried SU's cling stamps, but I have some Hero Arts with a similar looking vinyl cling with the image. My experience is that the Hero Arts cling, but not as nicely as clear stamps. But they cling better when I've cleaned my blocks.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:24 AM   #70
Rubber Obsessor

I haven't actually used the new SU stamps due to having hand surgery Jan.4th but my friends came over and put the stickers on so they would be ready once the surgeon gives me the all clear. I didn't like the wasted space with the cases so I had them put Aleene's Tack It Over & Over on the stickers and store the stamps in my binders and I use the cases for my Verve stamps. I can get 2 to 4 sets of Verve in a single case.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:50 AM   #71
Pearl-ExPert

katie m, pm'ed you
Old 02-12-2010, 10:33 AM   #72
Stampin' Fool

I only have one set right now - Fox & Friends and I use it with the SU block. I have the stickers on mine and they cling to the block just fine. I did have a couple that weren't sticking to the case very well but after getting them wet (ok I licked them) they stick just fine. My 8 year old DD used this set to make her valentines and had no troubles with them at all.

My teeny, tiny, someday it might be a GALLERY
Old 02-12-2010, 10:46 AM   #73
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by akstampmamaView Post
I only have one set right now - Fox & Friends and I use it with the SU block. I have the stickers on mine and they cling to the block just fine. I did have a couple that weren't sticking to the case very well but after getting them wet (ok I licked them) they stick just fine. My 8 year old DD used this set to make her valentines and had no troubles with them at all.
LOL!

I got the cute houses set as part of SAB. I haven't tried to use them yet, but, I like the suggestion someone had previously about trimming the sticker so there's a perimeter of cling.

I think I'll prefer having the sticker than not, so I'm willing to "huff" too, as I know plenty of vinyl cling products have to be a little moist in order to cling well.

One or the other should work. For me, anyway.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:42 PM   #74
Stampin' Fool

Love, Love , Love the clingmount stamps from SU. It's about time!!!!!!!!

http://roxysramblings64.blogspot.com
Old 02-12-2010, 01:33 PM   #75
Insane Embellisher

I recently went to a SU party and tried the new cling mounted stamps and was not impressed at all. They had the stickers on them and they kept falling off the clear blocks.......didn't like that at all as one of the times the stamp fell off and course landed ink side down and ruined the piece of paper I was trying to stamp on. I'm not a huge Stampin Up fan anyways......so I'm not sold on their version of cling stamps. I've never had any other problems with any of my cling stamps sticking to my blocks........in fact I love all the rest of my cling stamps.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:05 PM   #76
Kookie Creator

I really didn't think I'd like these since I wasn't crazy about them at a party I attended. But after using them on my acrylic blocks I already had I really am enjoying these so will buy them again in the future. Love the lower price too. I wish they would put more 2 step stamp sets out like this so you could see where you need to stamp. I love love love these 10 times better than the other brands of clear stamps. Just my take which has changed again.

NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:07 PM   #77
Crimping Master

Does anyone know if you can take the stickers off after applying them. I tried and the sticky glue was left so I put it back on. Does anyone know if that is possible. Mine do not stick well at all with the stickers on, but I mounted all my stickers without trying.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:14 PM   #78
Embossing Fanatic

I've been using unmounted stamps for quite awhile, would never go back to wood blocks. I don't have any of SU's yet, they're on they way. I'm glad they went to cling mount, cheaper. What I don't like is the pre-cut stamps. They aren't close enough to the image so I still have to trim them and it's harder to do when you only have a little bit of the rubber to trim with a cushion attached. Anyhow, when I was deciding if I wanted to unmount my stamps, I read everything I could find on every ones opinions. I remember someone wrote that they stamped the image on the cling side with staz-on (not sure how they did that, I didn't) but they warned if the stamp was a solid stamp, meaning the majority of the cling surface would be covered with ink, then the stamp may not stick to the block very well. Nobody here has mentioned what stamp sets they are having problems with but maybe there's too much ink??
Other than that, if I have a stamp that doesn't want to stick, I rub it on my shirt or jeans and/or clean the block.
I should have my new SU cling mount stamps tomorrow, we'll see what happens. Any problems and I'll be ripping the rubber off the cushion & mounting them on my own cling sheets (I was probably going to do that anyway so I can trim them better)
Somebody mentioned putting the labels on the CD case. That is what I do so I know where they go in the case & I can see if something is missing. Don't need to see an image on the back of the stamp.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:56 AM   #79
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLINDLEYView Post
Does anyone know if you can take the stickers off after applying them. I tried and the sticky glue was left so I put it back on. Does anyone know if that is possible. Mine do not stick well at all with the stickers on, but I mounted all my stickers without trying.
I had success with removing the stickers. I carefully and slowly peeled them off. There was a residue. I wiped them off with a warm, damp cloth. Once they dried, they stuck like a charm. HTH

I only put the stickers on one set though. I'd try it on a couple at a time, just in case yours are more stuck-on then mine were.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:16 AM   #80
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLINDLEYView Post
Tameria, you can pull the stickers off. I did that when I first discovered the problem with my heart set. I hadn't stamped with them a ton, so I don't know how well the sticker had adhered to the foam, though. Go slowly when you try to take the sticker off, in case it starts to rip your foam. If it rips, I would stop or you might ruin it all together. I stuck the label onto the case so I would know what I have in the set, but I really like this suggestion, too, from meluvstampin: