Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-25-2019, 12:08 PM   #1
Rubber Obsessor

Default stamp cleaner that cleans

Right now i have the judikin stamp cleaner and I'm unhappy with it, especially when i use embossing or pigment inks. i feel like some of the product stays on the stamps even after i've rubbed & scrubbed. what regular cleaner really cleans stamps? thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-25-2019, 12:23 PM   #2
Proud Fan Club Member

This one works well for pigment inks (I hear you on the residue): Hero Arts ULTRA CLEAN Stamp Cleaner nk202 at Simon Says STAMP!

I stamp off as much as I can, then use a microfiber cloth (Zwipes) with UltraClean to get it pretty again...

Old 11-25-2019, 01:19 PM   #3
Crimping Master

I finally made my own using a recipe I found here at SCS. I can't locate it now to link it for you. It uses a gentle soap, glycerin, and distilled water. You can add essential oil in a fragrance of your choice.

Prior to making my own, I have used Hero Arts and Gina K Designs. They are the same color, same odor, work the same, so must be from the sale manufacturer.
pepperann likes this post.
Old 11-25-2019, 01:37 PM   #4
Crimping Master

I found a thread with the recipe I used: Recipe for Stamp Cleaner - Splitcoaststampers

I use it in a container with an old wash cloth, that I pour the cleaner on. Scrub my stamp, then press the stamp on a microfiber cloth to make sure it is clean and dry. It works well for those hard to get out stains. Most of the time I use an Absorber, but sometimes they need more help.
Old 11-25-2019, 03:43 PM   #5
Insane Embellisher

I will use a little bit of DAWN extra-strength and Murphy's oil soap each in separate spray bottles. They get the job done.
Old 11-25-2019, 05:10 PM   #6
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I use either dawn or Suave coconut oil shampoo (recommended here long ago and works great!) with a toothbrush...that's on the stubborn craft ink/versamark ink.

As for dye ink, I try to take them to the sink right away and run them under water. That's usually all they need. If I have waited a long time or the ink is stubborn I use my other method above.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
pepperann, TeeGeeDee and Bohodiva like this post.
Old 11-26-2019, 03:21 AM   #7
Die Cut Diva

This came from Tim Holtz himself- Hand Sanitiser! I've used it and it shifts anything, even Staz-on. Just make sure to wash your stamps after, to remove any residue.
Old 11-26-2019, 08:15 AM   #8
Insane Embellisher

I've always used the Stampin Up scrubber along with the Stamping Mist........sometimes I wipe the stamps with a baby wipe first. I clean them as soon as I am finished with them and most of my stamps still look new. The Stamping Mist also conditions them......although I must confess they changed the scent of it a few years ago and I don't care for it much at all. I use a baby wipe and then water on my photopolymer stamps.
Old 11-27-2019, 10:34 AM   #9
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzgurl View Post
This one works well for pigment inks (I hear you on the residue): Hero Arts ULTRA CLEAN Stamp Cleaner nk202 at Simon Says STAMP!

I stamp off as much as I can, then use a microfiber cloth (Zwipes) with UltraClean to get it pretty again...

100% ditto. Both.

BTW, Hero Arts Ultra Clean is made by Stewart. So buying the larger Stewart bottles (without the sprayer) works well as a refill if found at a good price. I last bought it on Amazon but now it’s only offered by one seller and is absurdly expensive. Several other stores no longer carry it.

And not all Zwipes are identical. I bought larger ones for the kitchen and they were thin and cheap so were returned. These are the ones I get - note the 24 pack is only $2 more than the 12:

Amazon.com: Zwipes 735 Microfiber Towel Cleaning Cloths, 12-Pack: Automotive

I use them for my hands too. They get very stained but nothing comes off, and are tossed in the washing machine eventually.
Old 11-30-2019, 04:21 AM   #10
Die Cut Diva

I make my own cleaner with Suave shampoo, glycerin and water. I love it. Plus it smells so good. Right now I am using Waterfall Shampoo.

For really tough stains I do have StazOn. I used rubbing alcohol for the longest time. I know every time I write that a stamper has fainted, lol. I always washed them very well afterward and gave them a good coating of glycerin. Shaz- love the tip about hand sanitizer. I buy a lot of used stamps. Some of them have been inked to oblivion. I use StazOn mainly to clean up stamps I buy used. I have a toolbox full of cleaning tools for all my adopted things I bring home.

I also use a Shammy. I am not fancy. I just buy my Shammy's from Dollar Tree. They last forever, for me. I just usually add water to my shammy for light stamping projects. If I am doing a lot of stamping then I add some of my homemade cleaner. That combo works so good. IMO it can be better than the StazOn cleaner.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
jeannemlehrman likes this post.