Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-21-2004, 11:55 PM   #1
Embossing Fanatic

Default sizzix personal vs. sizzix sidekick

does anyone know the difference between these two machines other than price and size? can you use the alphabet and other diecuts in both machines? Any help is appreciated

www.shopathometv.com has both listed (you have to go the hobbies and crafts link, then scrapbooking, then diecut machines).
Old 11-22-2004, 12:11 AM   #2
Polyshrink Goddess

hi Rhonda
The personal size is larger/heavier, costs more, you can use all the dies with it, (EXCEPT the new 12" border dies), the sizzlit dies (wafer thin) need a converter (just read on their website, if you buy one at sizzix.com you get the converter free)
You can also emboss with this system.

the Sidekick is less $, smaller & portable, but you can ONLY use the wafer thin dies in it. You can emboss with it. Sizzix has some long thin 12" border dies coming out at beginning of new year that can only be used exclusively in a Sidekick. The Sidekick is also compatible with other brands wafer thin dies!

Try checking out the sizzix website it may explain it a bit better.

If I were trying to decide on one or the other, I'd go to their webpage, & look at the different dies available. The dies you want to use may determine what system to go for.

I have the personal one & have ordered the sidekick...too I will get it in Dec. I just figured I need them both
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-22-2004, 12:26 AM   #3
Hardware Hotshot

I have thought about getting the sidekick because it is more portable, but as said above, it will only work with the embossing templates and sizzlets. Since I mostly work on 8.5 x 11 albums, I love my Sizzlets because they are a smaller font. The bigger machine is heavy, bulky, etc. With that said, I would probably recommend the larger machine even with its bulk because it is so much more versatile in that you can use it for everything - large diecuts, sizzlets, and templates.

BLINGO
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-22-2004, 08:47 PM   #4
Embossing Fanatic

Thanks for the comments! I'm off to check out the sizzix website.