Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-06-2018, 11:09 AM   #1
Stampin' Fool

Default Sizzix Adhesive Grid Sheets

Anyone used these new sheets you attach to the upper plate to secure dies in place? They are supposed to make it easier to align dies, especially letter or word dies. The pack comes with five; so I'm wondering just how many cuttings they would really be useful for. Would double-stick tape work the same?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-06-2018, 11:23 AM   #2
Stampin' Fool

This is a video demonstrating their use:
Old 12-06-2018, 04:34 PM   #3
Hardware Hotshot

Tim Holtz showed the smaller sticky grid holding a tag - and it could be cardstock - to the work surface for stenciling, for the times you don’t want to have a blank space where the tape was.

It’s on the Holiday Hacks Part 1 video. Fast forward to about 32:50, where he starts talking about it and at about 34:45 he demos it.

2018 holiday hacks: | Tim Holtz

I recently got a pack but haven’t used it yet for that or die cutting.

Being able to cut multiple die cuts of words or little shapes within a tag or piece of cardstock without using washi and starting all over is attractive.
Brenda71 and fifiwesfan like this post.
Old 12-07-2018, 02:58 AM   #4
Die Cut Diva

Not seen this yet, but saved the video to watch later. I've seen Jennifer MacGuire use a T-Ruler to align letters, the lay masking tape/purple tape across them to keep them in place, I've tried that and it works just fine.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:34 AM   #5
Polyshrink Goddess

I like the idea of having the grid to line up dies for cutting. Instead of purchasing the Sizzix product I ordered 12x12 graphic transfer sheets. Sizzix shipping charges are too high and the product is out of stock at a lot of online stores.
I'll cut them down to size to layer on top of my cutting plates since I use a magnetic platform as base for my die cutting.

https://www.etsy.com/transaction/1544876091
Old 12-08-2018, 07:46 AM   #6
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohodiva View Post
I like the idea of having the grid to line up dies for cutting. Instead of purchasing the Sizzix product I ordered 12x12 graphic transfer sheets. Sizzix shipping charges are too high and the product is out of stock at a lot of online stores.
I'll cut them down to size to layer on top of my cutting plates since I use a magnetic platform as base for my die cutting.

https://www.etsy.com/transaction/1544876091

Re Sizzix shipping charges, yes, yikes! I put two packs of small grid sheets in my cart. They’d fit in a small regular envelope. $10.00 shipping. I wrote to Sizzix and their response was they’d switched to FedX for shipping, which reduced most charges, but not all.

Their packers could be trained to set aside items that could be put in regular or padded envelopes to go USPS, but nope. Maybe with enough emails, they’ll revisit and tweak how they ship.

I found the grid sheets elsewhere but yes, a lot of shops are out.

The nice thing about them - or similar removable but re-usable adhesive sheet - is multiples can be cut from one placement of dies. And there’s the stencil thing in Tim’s video.