Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-19-2017, 09:26 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 72 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Sequin sizes......

Hi everyone! A while back I asked where everyone was getting their small sequins and got some nice replies. I did check the ususal places like Hobby Lobby, Michaels etc and didn't find any other than one size. Then I realized i don't know what the standard size actually is so I have no basis for comparison if I go online to shop. I have the Stampin' Up metallics that include stars and hearts along with the round ones so I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what size those round ones are? I looked at the website and it doesn't say. Thanks so much in advance..........Diane
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2017, 10:32 AM   #2  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use the clear sparkly ones a lot rather than the colored metallics but I have both. I often buy mixes from Simon Says Stamp and Pretty Pink Posh. I'm thinking sizes like 4,6 and 8 mm are common for cardmaking. I haven't found that places like Michael's have much of a selection size wise.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2017, 02:06 PM   #3  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

This might be a bit useful (I hope):

Millimeter (mm) to Inch (in) Converter Chart
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2017, 07:06 AM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Received 72 Likes on 40 Posts

Thanks so much you two........the Millimeter to Inch chart is great. It is printed and in the craft room. I measured the sequins I do have and they are the 6mm. The selection of sequins at SSS is amazing.......I like the combo packs with the different sizes too. The dilemma is which one or ones to buy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2017, 10:57 AM   #5  
Crimping Master

I don't use as many as some people who do shaker cards. When I do those I add seed beads and chunky glitter to the mix or a premade mix. If you have a crafting friend nearby you could go in together. My friend and I bought a whole bunch of mixes and then split them. The mixes had all sorts of sizes, and some stars and the like. if you google Lucy's Cards you can see her mixes. That's who we bought from. Mostly I go with Pretty Pink Posh for the mixed sizes all one color packs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2017, 04:15 PM   #6  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

I had that same frustration about sequin size and ordered bunches of different packets of sequins from Simon Says Stamps - mostly the Lucy ones that have been mentioned. Yes, those Lucy combos have lots of unusual little shapes, etc. However I discovered those weird little shapes, in the odd tones, didn't work for the cards I was making.

Now for the good news! In this search I discovered ONE packet of multisized sequins that I use over and over again because they go with everything! The magic/perfect sequin combo pack came from Simon Says Stamps and it is one of their own products. It's called Moonshine and has 3 sizes of sequins - extra large, regular size and a wee/super sweet tiny size (about 1/8"). Moonshine is a clear/ almost iridescent color, without any of the weird purple/pink/blue flashes that most of the iridescent sequins have. They are a cupped style of sequin, which is the normal shape we think of, so they are easy to apply and catch the light nicely.

Here's a link to product:

https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/produ...S?currency=USD

I know this didn't address your question about where to find multi-sized sequins, however, if you give these a try you may not be interested in loading up on a bunch of colors/shapes that you won't use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2017, 05:14 PM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 78 Likes on 42 Posts

Moonshine sequins from Cartwright's Sequins - fantastic prices, selection and shipping. At the bottom of this page, they have Moonshine Confetti - sequins without holes - gorgeous! And while you're there, check out their other sizes, finishes and colors. (Not associated - just a very satisfied customer!)

http://www.ccartwright.com/sunshop/i...oduct_list&c=7
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2017, 05:14 PM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 78 Likes on 42 Posts

Moonshine sequins from Cartwright's Sequins - fantastic prices, selection and shipping. At the bottom of this page, they have Moonshine Confetti - sequins without holes - gorgeous! And while you're there, check out their other sizes, finishes and colors. (Not associated - just a very satisfied customer!)

http://www.ccartwright.com/sunshop/i...oduct_list&c=7
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2017, 05:41 PM   #9  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

I had the same thought you did.

Here is a sequin size chart.
https://www.google.com/search?q=sequ...-JY3kvAFvUPCM:

There are also bead sizes charts, and so on....if you back out from that screen.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2017, 07:48 PM   #10  
Crimping Master

Hah, the moonshine sequins from Simon Says Stamp! I have bad timing. Every time I go to buy those they are sold out. They are great.

I agree. Some of the mixes have stuff you might not want. I usually mine the sequins out of the mixes because they have a color I want to use. Starting out I would go with the moon shine.
Reply With Quote Likes